9/11 7 years later

Bufoman

Must we bring Iraq into this? Iraq is partly the result of Bush's belief "he threatened my Daddy!"... I would rather not bring that man (quite possibly the most hated president in U.S. history) into this either.

Now no one has told any of you your not welcome to make topics about your national day's of mourning or tragedys. Perhaps the Off-Topic section would be more interesting and educational if you would do so. The fact is we have not gotten justice after all these years; Osama Bin Ladin is still at large (some would say thanks in part to our current leaders incompetence). So instead of complaining that their are no posts to remember your national day's of mourning, why don't you make some?

Clan Moderator from December 15th 2006- August 20th 2007

Founder of: Terran Gamers, formerly known as Militos Deci

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So instead of complaining that their are no posts to remember your national day's of mourning, why don't you make some?

Because they don't need to. Their nation and all the people in it have already moved on, just as we should.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Wat

Erm, America is "moving on." So they hold commemorations and what-not on 9/11, as they should, but it's not like our whole nation stops on that day by any means. People go to work, kids go to school, retired people sit on their couch all day, everything is normal, except we give time to remember.

Personally, I think 9/11 should never be forgotten, not only for those who died, but also as a good lesson for our nation, and the world for that matter.

will add more later gotta go eat breakfast

Personally, I think 9/11 should never be forgotten, not only for those who died, but also as a good lesson for our nation, and the world for that matter.

I genuinely don't mean this sarcastically (I know it's not like me) but what lesson do you think we should have all learned from this? I can think of a few from my perspective but I'm just interested in what you meant.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

Egh, whilst it was a tragic event and all, I really think you guys in the US should stop dwelling on it so much.

There's a difference between simply paying respects, and creating some sort of bizarre national wake event. I'm not saying forget about it, but really, all you're doing is creating a climate of fear and anger within your own country.

By having these weird national memorials on TV and the radio and pretty much all forms of media, you're just adding to the fear. Sure, pay your respects, whatever, but fact is, 9/11 wasn't that bad. I know that sounds pretty harsh, but really, when you think about it, which is worse, the deaths of 3000 people in surprise attack by religious extremists, or the deaths of 90,000 people in a war that was executed under false pretences, by a government that lied to the public to gain support, on a country that had nothing to do with 9/11, all under the guise of "fighting terrorism."?

How does having a memorial add to fear?

And just on another point (not necessarily directed at you, TheTrueNoob) why are people saying that Americans should "move on"? I think it's fairly obvious that Americans, including New Yorkers, have moved on with their lives. One memorial day a year doesn't stop people from moving on from 9/11 any more than one memorial day a year in Australia (Anzac Day) stops us from moving on as a nation.

I genuinely don't mean this sarcastically (I know it's not like me) but what lesson do you think we should have all learned from this? I can think of a few from my perspective but I'm just interested in what you meant.

Sorry, couldn't finish my post breakfast was ready ::'.

Yes, some of the lessons learned can be that we needed to step up on security, need more thorough background checks when letting people become pilots (especially commercial airlines pilots). Also, it teaches us that we need to step up our intelligence on Islamic extremist terrorism, and just terrorism in general. And one of the most important lesson, it showed us (The US) that we are not untouchable, and not to be to cocky.

There is more then that but that's all i could think of off the top of my head.

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo................ the music its making my ears bleed!!!!!!!!!! nooooooooooooooooooooooo :-X :-X :-X

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

[hide=] [/hide]

I'll spell out the very basic skills of arguing for you.

An argument usually consists of three things, in sequential order - a point, some evidence to back up said point, and an explanation of the point and how it is relevant to the debate or topic in hand. There are other structures, but all stem from this simple P.E.E. structure.

Thus, posting a YouTube video isn't an argument.

However, since you posted it, I will respond. I'll give the name of a country which is free, and doesn't need to assert the freedom by attacking other countries - France.

If you honestly believe attacking other countries, while scaling up home security, is a way of achieving freedom, then you are, quite frankly, a fool.

^^ French people are notoriously rude. However I love France. They helped us win the Revolution.

Really Jack? Is that your argument? At least use your own words.

Why does it have to be an argument? Can't it just be honoring the dead? I mean honestly, I didn't even say anything. It's a tribute to 9/11 not an argument. :wall:

My carbon footprint is bigger than yours...and you know what they say about big feet.

These are the times that try mens souls...

Speaking of France, I'm still confused as to why the U.S. has this odd loathing of them. Would anyone care to inform me?

Probably because of Bush's black and white "You're either with us, or against us" view of the world. France didn't support the war in Iraq, indeed, they publicly opposed it, and with Germany have delayed a decision on Ukraine and Georgia's inclusion to NATO. Good on them, to be honest.

Why does it have to be an argument? Can't it just be honoring the dead? I mean honestly, I didn't even say anything. It's a tribute to 9/11 not an argument. :wall:

You honour the dead by declaring a war in which tens of thousands of innocent people are killed? Damn, I would hate to die in your presence.

^^ French people are notoriously rude. However I love France. They helped us win the Revolution.

Really Jack? Is that your argument? At least use your own words.

well if are gonna honor the dead then...

That doesn't even make sense.

How does it not? I'll be only too glad to make things even easier for you to understand

Anyway...[hide=] [/hide]

Are you done? Or would you like to wind us up even more?

It is exactly people like you jack who stop America from moving on and using its power for good in the world.

This isn't about the war, this isn't a liberal vs. conservative thing. This is about not forgetting what happened. Why do you have to turn this into an argument?

Godofjoy I'm not sure if this is the place for a Celtic's video.

My carbon footprint is bigger than yours...and you know what they say about big feet.

These are the times that try mens souls...

It was all over the news before school for me (I was 16) and my original impression hasn't changed much: "Damn that sucks.... no matter".

People who seem to think the entire world needs to stop to remember can cram it. Leave it to those who want to remember it, remember it.

This isn't about the war, this isn't a liberal vs. conservative thing. This is about not forgetting what happened. Why do you have to turn this into an argument?

Godofjoy I'm not sure if this is the place for a Celtic's video.

This is tip.it, the place for arguments. What do you expect? So, your basically spamming why shouldn't i put my Celtics video in? Its more important then 9/11 to me ::'

I normally disagree with Jack, but this time, I'm going to have to agree.

Did we, the people, declare this war? No. It was the government. Did the government create that video? Are they on this forum? I don't think so. I hope not. That video has absolutely nothing to do with the war, other than the fact that they're both related to 9/11. The video didn't even mention the war, I'm pretty sure.

Memorials honor the dead. Are all the memorials in this world stupid? Should we destroy them all, as they mean we're not moving on?

If you can't simply honor a few thousand dead people by keeping your mouth shut, I pity you.

Godofjoy, how is he spamming? The video is related to 9/11, the topic. The Celtics have absolutely nothing to do with 9/11, other than the fact that they play in Boston and two of the planes took off from Boston. Which is stretching it.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

I normally disagree with Jack, but this time, I'm going to have to agree.

Did we, the people, declare this war? No. It was the government. Did the government create that video? Are they on this forum? I don't think so. I hope not. That video has absolutely nothing to do with the war, other than the fact that they're both related to 9/11. The video didn't even mention the war, I'm pretty sure.

Memorials honor the dead. Are all the memorials in this world stupid? Should we destroy them all, as they mean we're not moving on?

If you can't simply honor a few thousand dead people by keeping your mouth shut, I pity you.

Godofjoy, how is he spamming? The video is related to 9/11, the topic. The Celtics have absolutely nothing to do with 9/11, other than the fact that they play in Boston and two of the planes took off from Boston. Which is stretching it.

posting the videos themselves is not spamming its that he is posting everyone separately that makes it spamming.

While I do think that it would be a little better if jack just posted all the url's together rather than hotlinking the videos directly in 5 different posts, I still have to agree with penguingeek. Not everyone decided to declare war. Stop attacking jack as if he's the cause of everything by not constructing something Ginger considers a worthy argument. If you think his videos are stupid, tell em to stop hotlinking, there's no need to tell him his argument is invalid when he's not arguing.

I don't see why people internationally need to care what we honor and why. If we want to turn 9/11 into a national holiday, there shouldn't be a problem with that. It's not as if we're going door to door in Europe asking for support each anniversary (and if it is happening by some obscure Euro-American relation group, feel free to kick em off your property). Sure, I respect all your views on the fact that we should move on. I have to agree, it's the media's fault we have a big event every time it comes around. But as warri0r said, we HAVE moved on and just because the event comes around once a year and we stop to remember it doesn't mesn we've dwelled on it for the other 364 days of each of the years since the fateful day. I don't think we need 24 hour media coverage, but turning it into a national day of rememberence and just remembering what happened the day shouldn't be under international scrutiny every time it coems around.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

You honour the dead by declaring a war in which tens of thousands of innocent people are killed? Damn, I would hate to die in your presence.

Yes, Ginger. We are sympathetic about 9/11, so we citizens declared war. -.-

Possibly your worst post ever.

Yes, Ginger. We are sympathetic about 9/11, so we citizens declared war. -.-

Possibly your worst post ever.

Technically since we citizens elected all our representatives, members of congress, and our president, we indirectly declared war. I think most of the country backed declaring war when this all happened. Our elected officials represent the population of The United States of America. Personally, they do not represent me, but that's only because I choose to remain apathetic.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."