Kent's guide to Slayer mastery! NEW SECTION!!!

Inuashakent

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the comments, guys.

This is a guide forum, where you can post constructive feedback.

To those of you who choose to post only to bash the guide or rudely tell that another guide is better; your posts will be removed and actions may be taken against your forum accounts.

Laikrob,

Tip.It Moderator

Thanks, but I must say it was partially me who instagated it. I'll be more careful, I guess.

TO IKEVINCENT.

Hey dude! nice guide.

[hide=]

1st) Bandos plate - Yeah, who didn't see this coming? This has a somewhat decent (pretty bad to be honest) while giving prayer and Strength bonuses! Use this if you have it, unless the monster requires a good Defense bonus. The Strength bonus is twice as much as Bandos tassets. I would use this everywhere if you have it.

id rather get a free torso whit the same strength bonus, then paying a couple of mills for a few extra defence

Or you could use Barrows. Fighet torso is only useful in a few locations, but in the end, it's definetely not worth the time to obtain them.

4th) Dragon/Runite legs - Umm... No. Use barrows.

i prefer dragon over barrow's because barrow's always need to be fixed at times when the money pile is small.

100k/15 hours isn't much at all. It's always better, as you save food as well...

1st) Berserker ring - Well, it's a great ring, giving 4 Strength. However, it comes at a hefty price. A good ring, but it comes at its price... You will not keep this if you die as its alchemy value is almost 0. GET THIS BEFORE BANDOS!

so i need to get a ring whitch totaly doesnt stay whit me when i die, over bandos armor? i rather do it the otherway arround

You don't die during Slayer, honestly... plus, it's worth alot less, and gives the same bonuses but without the loss of defense. (Albeit it comes with a miniscule repair cost...)

1st) Salve (e)/Salve amulet - This gives 20 (15) Attack and Strength to undead. This doesn't stack with a Black/slayer mask, so if youre on a slayer mask use a Fury instead! Remember, this is for undead only. (Doesn't work at Barrow's, go figure)

the salve on place 1? wth? you maybe get 10% of your tasks whit undead monsters! and its only 5% more then attack and strength.

You can only use it at Abberant spectres, and only until you get a Slayer helmet. However, it does give it a use, and a very important one, at that.

4th) Strength/Power - This is not a nonmember's guide, so this has no place here. Even the Strength amulet is useless, although it gives more Strength than the Fury.

so its useless, but in a way better then a Fury.....

Only in strength bonuses, I thought it deserved a mention. It is by far worse, though.

4th) God cape - Gives +10 magic Defenses, but who needs that anyways? Don't use this.

erhh.. why not? 10+ magic is good against any task whit magical attacks... (and it keeps monsters off you in the GWD)

At Zamorak, you should use a Robe bottom. Plus, 10 Mage defense isn't worth sacrifising the bonuses of a Fire cape. Other monsters... eh, no.

* 3rd age, Dragon - This should be obvious. The 3rd age costs at least 500m gp street price, which is ridiculous for such a weak item. Dragon is decent, but it's pricey and much weaker than Barrows/Bandos.

a weak item? if im not mistaking, then the 3rd age shield is the best ingame, and so are the legs, body and helm (althought im not sure about that)

Just in price. It's actually by far weaker than bandos/barrows.

Well, normally Dharoks is great! But... not for Slayer. The ability to use a Black mask and whip is better than the Dharoks. Very simple case, no?

isnt it faster to dharok against some monsters then to whip and mask?

Not really... I can think of Fire giants, which has particularly low defense, plus it keeps you at 0 hp 100% of the time. It is still slower, however.

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/5518/summonbt4.png

where is your..

zerker ring

bandos chest

bandos legs

fire cape?

Lol, I would like to apologize for the fact that I don't have perfect equipment. If you want to know what they are, just go up and look at the section about equipment.

ooh i see, you cant afford it, but yet your saying that we should buy them. How do you know that there good for slayer when you probalry never used them? wait! maybe AJM (or other slayer guide makers) said it in his "bible"/guide?

Because I can look at their stats at the Database? Plus, I explained explained expensive items... hell, I gave them a whole section. Are you flaming me, by the way? I thought you were giving me CC until this point...

* If you're using Protection prayer, make sure to use a Zamorak brew instead, and don't bring any Super defense potions. Don't bring any food as well.

ok a brew... but why?

It gives more attack than a Super attack potion and gives prayer! However, it lowers your defense.

Method 4: Ranging and Cannon - Well, this is the fastest, and can even be said the most efficient... err... if it wasn't for charms. This method gives almost no charms, compared to the ~50 crimson a task at Black demons. If you really want the fast experience, go for it. However, Slayer is best trained in conjunction with Summoning, so...

Anyways, here is this method. First, get into the room with the Black demons. I'll assume you know how, but if not, look at a map. Then, go to the very north east, set your cannon and range from here:

so i can range and cannon those black demons in the chaos tunnels? cool!

Ahh... should have mentioned that it is only in Tavelry. I did mention this a little before, IIRC.

If you're going to do this, using piety will help A LOT.

* Do NOT use Piety here, as it kills the purpose of this method.

first to are from black demons, the last is from bloodvelds

So in one methode you say to use piety AND not to use piety. So the question is, to Piety, or not to Piety?

Well, technically speaking, it's ALWAYS worth Piety if you make money fast enough. However, this is for people who casually don't Piety, but they should at that location. And the reason I said not to Piety there is because you're trying to conserve money by going there, but you waste that by using Piety? Why not go to smokey well and Piety?

but overall, it looks good and your one hell of a dark beast camper!

oh, and nice way to get rid of your untrimmed hp cape, but at least you have 99 cooking now!

???? I camped at Waterfiends to obtain Summoning levels so I can test stuff out with Summoning, and because I loved it. Not the smartest choice, but I really do love Summoning. I had a cooking cape before I had an HP... what does this have to do with anything? And answer this please, are you flaming me? Or are you just asking me question? Your diction is... a bit strong.[/hide]

Seriously, are you flaming me?

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

To those of you who choose to post only to bash the guide or rudely tell that another guide is better; your posts will be removed and actions may be taken against your forum accounts.

Laikrob,

Tip.It Moderator

Thanks, but I must say it was partially me who instagated it. I'll be more careful, I guess.

Thank you for realizing that. I invite you to explore TSG to expand your knowledge of the skill. Possibly soften your statements towards certain things such as Duradel is the only good master, You should only do slayer if 70+, and all the contradictions pointed out by other users.

Good luck in your endeavors. Just don't attack others if all your ducks aren't in a row. Hope to see you soon. :pray:

sigtsg99rscaz7.png

The Slayers Guild a Slayer Clan led by Axe Man Jack

Proud to have written the most plagiarized Slayer guide on the planet.

Laikrob,

Tip.It Moderator

Thank you for realizing that. I invite you to explore TSG to expand your knowledge of the skill. Possibly soften your statements towards certain things such as Duradel is the only good master, You should only do slayer if 70+, and all the contradictions pointed out by other users.

Good luck in your endeavors. Just don't attack others if all your ducks aren't in a row. Hope to see you soon. :pray:

Actually, I've been lurking on your forum for months, far before I've even started this guide.

And yeah, I actually... well, didn't mean to write that. #-o I meant to write this guide will not focus on that. Hmm... hopefully I won't get attacked. I'll see.

inuyashakent-2.png

Fun guide to read, i will give it a 9/10

you just made a tiny mistake, black demons max hit is 16 not 14

Thanks.

Good news, the whole AMJ thing was disputed, so we'll hear no more of that.

To start some non TSG discussion, here is a list of updates to come, in order:

Bork

Vines

Xp rewards (penguins, lamps, books, and quests)

Which worlds to hunt on

Which quests to do

More info of the cannon

Xp rates - I'll get to this, probably after I max out for more accurate rates.

And... this will be great, if I learn how/cba... to get to this. Youtube videos.

inuyashakent-2.png

TO IKEVINCENT.

Hey dude! nice guide.

[hide=]

1st) Bandos plate - Yeah, who didn't see this coming? This has a somewhat decent (pretty bad to be honest) while giving prayer and Strength bonuses! Use this if you have it, unless the monster requires a good Defense bonus. The Strength bonus is twice as much as Bandos tassets. I would use this everywhere if you have it.

id rather get a free torso whit the same strength bonus, then paying a couple of mills for a few extra defence

Or you could use Barrows. Fighet torso is only useful in a few locations, but in the end, it's definetely not worth the time to obtain them.

i prefer dragon over barrow's because barrow's always need to be fixed at times when the money pile is small.

100k/15 hours isn't much at all. It's always better, as you save food as well...

1st) Berserker ring - Well, it's a great ring, giving 4 Strength. However, it comes at a hefty price. A good ring, but it comes at its price... You will not keep this if you die as its alchemy value is almost 0. GET THIS BEFORE BANDOS!

so i need to get a ring whitch totaly doesnt stay whit me when i die, over bandos armor? i rather do it the otherway arround

You don't die during Slayer, honestly... plus, it's worth alot less, and gives the same bonuses but without the loss of defense. (Albeit it comes with a miniscule repair cost...)

1st) Salve (e)/Salve amulet - This gives 20 (15) Attack and Strength to undead. This doesn't stack with a Black/slayer mask, so if youre on a slayer mask use a Fury instead! Remember, this is for undead only. (Doesn't work at Barrow's, go figure)

the salve on place 1? wth? you maybe get 10% of your tasks whit undead monsters! and its only 5% more then attack and strength.

You can only use it at Abberant spectres, and only until you get a Slayer helmet. However, it does give it a use, and a very important one, at that.

4th) Strength/Power - This is not a nonmember's guide, so this has no place here. Even the Strength amulet is useless, although it gives more Strength than the Fury.

Only in strength bonuses, I thought it deserved a mention. It is by far worse, though.

4th) God cape - Gives +10 magic Defenses, but who needs that anyways? Don't use this.

erhh.. why not? 10+ magic is good against any task whit magical attacks... (and it keeps monsters off you in the GWD)

At Zamorak, you should use a Robe bottom. Plus, 10 Mage defense isn't worth sacrifising the bonuses of a Fire cape. Other monsters... eh, no.

* 3rd age, Dragon - This should be obvious. The 3rd age costs at least 500m gp street price, which is ridiculous for such a weak item. Dragon is decent, but it's pricey and much weaker than Barrows/Bandos.

a weak item? if im not mistaking, then the 3rd age shield is the best ingame, and so are the legs, body and helm (althought im not sure about that)

Well, normally Dharoks is great! But... not for Slayer. The ability to use a Black mask and whip is better than the Dharoks. Very simple case, no?

Not really... I can think of Fire giants, which has particularly low defense, plus it keeps you at 0 hp 100% of the time. It is still slower, however.

where is your..

zerker ring

bandos chest

bandos legs

fire cape?

Lol, I would like to apologize for the fact that I don't have perfect equipment. If you want to know what they are, just go up and look at the section about equipment.

ooh i see, you cant afford it, but yet your saying that we should buy them. How do you know that there good for slayer when you probalry never used them? wait! maybe AJM (or other slayer guide makers) said it in his "bible"/guide?

Because I can look at their stats at the Database? Plus, I explained explained expensive items... hell, I gave them a whole section. Are you flaming me, by the way? I thought you were giving me CC until this point...

* If you're using Protection prayer, make sure to use a Zamorak brew instead, and don't bring any Super defense potions. Don't bring any food as well.

ok a brew... but why?

It gives more attack than a Super attack potion and gives prayer! However, it lowers your defense.

Method 4: Ranging and Cannon - Well, this is the fastest, and can even be said the most efficient... err... if it wasn't for charms. This method gives almost no charms, compared to the ~50 crimson a task at Black demons. If you really want the fast experience, go for it. However, Slayer is best trained in conjunction with Summoning, so...

Anyways, here is this method. First, get into the room with the Black demons. I'll assume you know how, but if not, look at a map. Then, go to the very north east, set your cannon and range from here:

Ahh... should have mentioned that it is only in Tavelry. I did mention this a little before, IIRC.

So in one methode you say to use piety AND not to use piety. So the question is, to Piety, or not to Piety?

Well, technically speaking, it's ALWAYS worth Piety if you make money fast enough. However, this is for people who casually don't Piety, but they should at that location. And the reason I said not to Piety there is because you're trying to conserve money by going there, but you waste that by using Piety? Why not go to smokey well and Piety?

oh, and nice way to get rid of your untrimmed hp cape, but at least you have 99 cooking now!

???? I camped at Waterfiends to obtain Summoning levels so I can test stuff out with Summoning, and because I loved it. Not the smartest choice, but I really do love Summoning. I had a cooking cape before I had an HP... what does this have to do with anything? And answer this please, are you flaming me? Or are you just asking me question? Your diction is... a bit strong.[/hide]

no. if i wanted to flame you i would have said something else realy.

im still waiting for repley.

TO IKEVINCENT.

Hey dude! nice guide.

[hide=]

where is your..

zerker ring

bandos chest

bandos legs

fire cape?

ok a brew... but why?

no. if i wanted to flame you i would have said something else realy.

im still waiting for repley.

He did reply. Open the hide tab.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Another brilliant guide Kent <3:

Favourited, 10/10.

Just to say, though, as an additional bonus it would be nice if you could integrate a few more bits and bobs of information on some monsters. I.E, what they drop, what's worth keeping, etc. Not everyone knows what to do with certain items. Also drop rates, etc. But that's all long term stuff, the basis of the most comprehensive guide I've seen is there.

Oh, and another thing though : at the beginning of the page the link to your summoning guide "here", doesn't work for me. It just says : "you cannot edit posts in this forum". Maybe a lil work there? ::'

Good stuff.

Duckie_Wins.png

For mithril dragons you can bring a beast of burden pouch in your inventory so you can keep all the bars/bones. If the task is small enough you could finish it in a single trip even without a healing familiar.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

For mithril dragons you can bring a beast of burden pouch in your inventory so you can keep all the bars/bones. If the task is small enough you could finish it in a single trip even without a healing familiar.

Could've sworn I mentioned that... thanks for finding that. :thumbup:

Edit: 77 Wyverns

inuyashakent-2.png

Sorry for double posting, but I thought this update warrented a bump.

I've been getting A LOT of criticism lately, and I'm adjusting my guide to better suit players. Here are the updates.

* I'm trying to remove all information that is just plain opinion without logic.

* Fixed MANY errors.

* Editing many parts of the guide from feedback.

* Fixed many errors.

* Added how to get to the other Slayer masters, not just Duradel and Sumona.

* Made the part about potions clearer.

* Put more enters in between certain text, to make reading easier.

* Included a more detailed section for 10% range prayers.

* Removed ranks from certain equipment, as they are specialty items. This includes bandos vs proselyte vs barrows, ect. This better reflects it, as the ranks were pretty biased.

* Renamed the herbs section, as it now includes Runes and other smaller loot.

* Removal of Efficiency vs fun, as this is pretty much common sense.

In other news... I now know how to make Youtube videos!!!!!!!! Yes!!! I already have some videos made from before, and now I know how to make them. :D \:D/

I will be adding by tomorrow: (hopefully)

* Notable drops for each slayer task... (half done)

* Bork

* Penguins + other xp sources

* Maybe vines and quests

inuyashakent-2.png

Why are Black dragons that bad?

- I do them and make about 400k in 1,5 hours from them. Which is about the same as you would profit on Abyssals, on an average.

If you're going to suggest piety at almost all times, you really should give an idea of the general cost of piety'ing all the way to 99. As most people will lose alot more money than it's worth. Even at 91 rc, it would be difficult to profit from the time saved.

Mik2thekel.png

- I do them and make about 400k in 1,5 hours from them. Which is about the same as you would profit on Abyssals, on an average.

If you're going to suggest piety at almost all times, you really should give an idea of the general cost of piety'ing all the way to 99. As most people will lose alot more money than it's worth. Even at 91 rc, it would be difficult to profit from the time saved.

Black dragons aren't THAT bad, but they are horrid xp-wise. I was considering adding a new section, but they are the worst of the 3 though.

And I think I did add that you should Piety if you GWD/91 RC/Merch. Anything less... well, I might have missed something.

inuyashakent-2.png

Black dragons aren't THAT bad, but they are horrid xp-wise. I was considering adding a new section, but they are the worst of the 3 though.

And I think I did add that you should Piety if you GWD/91 RC/Merch. Anything less... well, I might have missed something.

But that's completely wrong exp/cost wise, so you should add how you came to this.

Mik2thekel.png

Are you talking about Black dragons?

So you lose 250k cash, but you save alot of time. The problem with them is that they give extremely low xp.

Baby black dragons takes 15-20 minutes, and gives at least 20 hides and bones if you have a tortoise. That's a whole 80k gp for 20 minutes. You get 250k in an hour.

And you get much more xp. Even if you only kill the Green dragons while you're waiting, it's better. If it's not, then you should kill the Green dragons, then.

Of course, these are huge estimations, but you get the point.

inuyashakent-2.png

Bork does not give Slayer xp, but I thought it was worth a mention.

He actually does, 250 xp per kill after you killed him the first time.

That's exactly what I thought. But I checked EVERYWHERE, and they all didn't mention anything about Slayer xp. I was going to check tomorrow when I kill bork again. We'll see, but I am pretty sure he does give 250 xp.

inuyashakent-2.png