Kent's guide to Slayer mastery! NEW SECTION!!!

Inuashakent

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should I add inventory pics for each monster?

Edit: I think I will for the most part. Most pictures are coming, I'll just have to post them when I have time. going to edit Gargoyles and Saradomin sword.

If you do, make it basic inventories. Take a snapshot of the inventory with necessary items minus food and potions, because not everyone will be able to follow your food items or potions exactly.

Just a suggestion. ;)

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Should I add inventory pics for each monster?

Edit: I think I will for the most part. Most pictures are coming, I'll just have to post them when I have time. going to edit Gargoyles and Saradomin sword.

If you do, make it basic inventories. Take a snapshot of the inventory with necessary items minus food and potions, because not everyone will be able to follow your food items or potions exactly.

Just a suggestion. ;)

Lol, I will add everything I bring, and I will say that this is how I do it, so revise as necessary. (I think I already did.)

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

I'm just awe-ified this guide was "epic".

i'm defenetly going to use this guide when slaying :D:D

just to clarify:

To start, I would like to say I prefer fact over fiction. Here is a quote from Jagex:

Jagex wrote:

I see that many people in this world hath conflicting and contrary ideas as to how the ring of wealth may help them.

Allow me to set this straight once and for all.

If thou consider the possessions of an enemy to be like a roulette wheel, then the 'rare' items so coveted by players are located on a second roulette wheel, that will only be spun shouldst thou roll a specific number on the first wheel.

The ring of wealth affects not the number which thou may achieve upon the first wheel, but should thou gain the precise number to allow thee access to the second, the ring will make thy chances of gaining an object on that second roulette wheel all the greater.

Get it? This means that basically theres 2 wheels. One determines wether the drop will be common, gems, armor, RARE, ect. The wheel two determines what item out of the category you get. The ring of wealth increases the chance to get a better item on wheel two.

Ring of wealth does help. Case closed.

the ring of wealth does not increase the odds of getting a rare, it makes you get a RARER RARE

FRONTPAGE.png

{DeviantART}{Last.Fm}{Join Sublime GFX, great community for artists!}

Back to RuneScape, Again.Avatar by Brian The Great

just to clarify:

To start, I would like to say I prefer fact over fiction. Here is a quote from Jagex:

Jagex wrote:

I see that many people in this world hath conflicting and contrary ideas as to how the ring of wealth may help them.

If thou consider the possessions of an enemy to be like a roulette wheel, then the 'rare' items so coveted by players are located on a second roulette wheel, that will only be spun shouldst thou roll a specific number on the first wheel.

The ring of wealth affects not the number which thou may achieve upon the first wheel, but should thou gain the precise number to allow thee access to the second, the ring will make thy chances of gaining an object on that second roulette wheel all the greater.

Get it? This means that basically theres 2 wheels. One determines wether the drop will be common, gems, armor, RARE, ect. The wheel two determines what item out of the category you get. The ring of wealth increases the chance to get a better item on wheel two.

the ring of wealth does not increase the odds of getting a rare, it makes you get a RARER RARE

Lol, "The ring of wealth increases the chance to get a better item on wheel two" means that you get a RARER RARE.

inuyashakent-2.png

Haven't you ever heard of tuna or salmon? They are very cheap (78 and 56 gp each, respectively) and are very useful in situations where you're either close to a bank or you won't take a lot of damage.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

Well I came back to the guide to look through it again. I like what you've done with it I'd give it a 8/10 tbh it's good and updated ftw. I could supply some Bandos setup pics if u want but I'd like to see more bout waterfiends because I have those blocked atm because I don't feel like using crush on my SGS just yet. :) O well still improved the guide very well.

just to clarify:

Jagex wrote:

Lol, "The ring of wealth increases the chance to get a better item on wheel two" means that you get a RARER RARE.

Well the D med/left half is rare. If I was at Dragons I'd prefer a DFS over a D med so ring of wealth helps.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Reading the posts and your main post, it seems that some of your information about the Cannon contradicts itself?

I would like to know after your tests if range level affects its accuracy, and range bonus, as then it may change my cannoning inventory/gear.

Right now, I'm assuming it does not, so I just wear my bandos and no range pots.

Xenon_101.png

Xenon_101.png

99 Range on 08/25/08!

Solo Arma Hilt on 12/06/08! (clicky)

Reading the posts and your main post, it seems that some of your information about the Cannon contradicts itself?

I would like to know after your tests if range level affects its accuracy, and range bonus, as then it may change my cannoning inventory/gear.

Right now, I'm assuming it does not, so I just wear my bandos and no range pots.

It contradicts itself because you probably didn't read the posts afterwards. It does affect it. I brought my range level down to 7, and I didn't hit at all with my cannonballs on gorillas.

I'm going to update my Summoning guide first, its wayyyyy too messy to be in AOW. Also, I copied some info onto my Slayer guide from my Summoning guide, which I've updated here. I'll have to copy and paste that later.

Well I came back to the guide to look through it again. I like what you've done with it I'd give it a 8/10 tbh it's good and updated ftw. I could supply some Bandos setup pics if u want but I'd like to see more bout waterfiends because I have those blocked atm because I don't feel like using crush on my SGS just yet. O well still improved the guide very well.

Lol, thanks.

inuyashakent-2.png

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but hellhounds should never be on your block list if you're talking about fast slayer experience.

I kill them in taverly dungeon (no need for telegrab), using proselyte top and bottom and the rest of the equipment that is standard for any meleer. If you use prayer flashing, a task of over 150 hellhounds won't even take more than 70 prayer points. So effectively you can stay there for the whole task, with a prayer pot or 2. I use the above method only because I've yet to train summoning to 68 and get a bunyip, if not bunyip + best melee equip would be my killing method for hellhounds.

More importantly hellhounds are weak and have high HP = fast slayer exp. Charms shouldn't be a consideration of how good a task is, since any charms you get from slaying is a bonus, otherwise you should go for the more efficient charm collecting methods if you're training summoning. As you mentioned it hellhounds have very high charm dropping rate (though most are gold), which is a push factor to take up this task.

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but hellhounds should never be on your block list if you're talking about fast slayer experience.

I kill them in taverly dungeon (no need for telegrab), using proselyte top and bottom and the rest of the equipment that is standard for any meleer. If you use prayer flashing, a task of over 150 hellhounds won't even take more than 70 prayer points. So effectively you can stay there for the whole task, with a prayer pot or 2. I use the above method only because I've yet to train summoning to 68 and get a bunyip, if not bunyip + best melee equip would be my killing method for hellhounds.

More importantly hellhounds are weak and have high HP = fast slayer exp. Charms shouldn't be a consideration of how good a task is, since any charms you get from slaying is a bonus, otherwise you should go for the more efficient charm collecting methods if you're training summoning. As you mentioned it hellhounds have very high charm dropping rate (though most are gold), which is a push factor to take up this task.

They're still horrid, gold charms are practicly worthless for serious summoners (thought I'll give it to you that they're a good way for the poorer players to get 68 gradually), the slayer exp isn't good, simply because of the competition you will find vs them. I used to be a huge fan of cannoning them, but now with all the people crowding them you'll be lucky if your cannon shoots at 2 dogs every time it spins around. Flashing prayers is incredibly irritating as well, it's better just to spend the extra 50k and have some enjoyable training without the carpal tunnel.

Just a small suggestion, you could add a picture of where the best spot is for abyssal demons in the abyss, I always get attacked by the highest lvl's there from time to time :?

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

Very well written guide, I have one bit of advice though; the Suqahs. Instead of going where you currently are, there are 3 spawns towards the altar, still in multi except these ones don't cast ancient magics on you, so you save food. Other then that, theres a couple of spelling errors, which I'm sure you'll pick up on, I've noticed you've got a lot of them already ::' . Well done! :thumbup:

oversized.jpg[/bads]

Very well written guide, I have one bit of advice though; the Suqahs. Instead of going where you currently are, there are 3 spawns towards the altar, still in multi except these ones don't cast ancient magics on you, so you save food. Other then that, theres a couple of spelling errors, which I'm sure you'll pick up on, I've noticed you've got a lot of them already ::' . Well done! :thumbup:

I'm sure I got 99% of the spelling/grammer errors, some may just have slipped.

Why would anybody kill it there? You're getting far less kills with only 3 spawns.

And I have a picture of Abyssal demons tbh. I just need some time to upload it. (Maybe this weekend... but probably not, too much hw)

inuyashakent-2.png

It contradicts itself because you probably didn't read the posts afterwards. It does affect it. I brought my range level down to 7, and I didn't hit at all with my cannonballs on gorillas.

I'm going to update my Summoning guide first, its wayyyyy too messy to be in AOW. Also, I copied some info onto my Slayer guide from my Summoning guide, which I've updated here. I'll have to copy and paste that later.

So, if I'm reading it correctly, range level DOES affect the cannon, but range attack bonus DOES NOT?

Xenon_101.png

Xenon_101.png

99 Range on 08/25/08!

Solo Arma Hilt on 12/06/08! (clicky)

So, if I'm reading it correctly, range level DOES affect the cannon, but range attack bonus DOES NOT?

Havn't tested, but I'm 99% sure it does. Also, logic would dictate that range bonus should affect it as well.

inuyashakent-2.png

Havn't tested, but I'm 99% sure it does. Also, logic would dictate that range bonus should affect it as well.

How would it be logic that the armour you're wearing helps in aiming a cannon? Range bonus doesn't affect cannon, level does.

* Wine (12 life, -1 Attack, 77gp) Same as the lobster, except it reduces range. As you can see though, it costs very little. This is a very good food to use when youre ranging, and barely getting damaged, which means while you are using safespots.

I laughed out loud.

Mik2thekel.png

How would it be logic that the armour you're wearing helps in aiming a cannon? Range bonus doesn't affect cannon, level does.

Because, it also SEEMS to help, and if range levels affects a cannon, why shouldn't range bonus.

I laughed out loud.

Why?

inuyashakent-2.png

Because, it also SEEMS to help, and if range levels affects a cannon, why shouldn't range bonus.

Because levels are based on experience. Experience would help you manage a cannon. How would your clothing?

I laughed out loud.

Why?

You wrote it REDUCES ranged, how is it good for ranging then? ..

Mik2thekel.png

Thinking about it, I believe that Range Attack bonus *shouldn't*? Because then wielding a full crys bow that has +100 range bonus will make your cannon hit epicly better? I think not.

I've personally never noticed a difference in damage rates between range armor and melee armor. I think it's more than likely just your range level. I always bring a range potion with me when I'm melee'ing and using a cannon.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.