Kent's guide to Slayer mastery! NEW SECTION!!!

Inuashakent

Newb, you're thinking about this WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too logically. I will test this, but knowing Jagex, I'm probably right.

And... it's an error? I hate it when people make stupid remarks, but forget to tell me why. (No, bolding isn't enough on these forums. You can barely see it)

Thinking about it, I believe that Range Attack bonus *shouldn't*? Because then wielding a full crys bow that has +100 range bonus will make your cannon hit epicly better? I think not.

Yes, it should. Anyways, I'm going off to test it now.

Edit: Tested. I used gorillas, 91 range, no range pots or prayer. As you can clearly see, I hit 3x more accurate with a higher range bonus. (although this is because gorillas have high defence. On slayer monsters, it should be more around x2.) I counted the amount of hits by saying it out loud, and the amount of spiders killed with my fingers. (That's why it's 48, not 60) I would have done 100-200, but I didn't see the need to - there's clearly a difference.

11/48 (-27 Range bonus)

33/48 (+183 Range bonus)

(Standard slayer equipment would be around ~0 range bonus or so.)

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I absolutely love to see new Slayer guides, as it is my favorite skill (2nd is Summoning, mostly because it ties in with Slayer.)

Thank you very much for the information in the guides. It will aid me greatly while training the skill.

On the cannon remark, I always thought cannons were unaffected by range level and range bonus, since that seemed most logical. Does this mean I should start wearing range bonus armor etc. while cannoning on a slayer task..?

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

I absolutely love to see new Slayer guides, as it is my favorite skill (2nd is Summoning, mostly because it ties in with Slayer.)

Thank you very much for the information in the guides. It will aid me greatly while training the skill.

On the cannon remark, I always thought cannons were unaffected by range level and range bonus, since that seemed most logical. Does this mean I should start wearing range bonus armor etc. while cannoning on a slayer task..?

Don't worry, EVERYBODY thinks at first that Cannon is unaffected. It is affected by both. No, you don't. It would probably be better to wear prayer bossting armour and use offensive prayers.

inuyashakent-2.png

Check Villandra's slayer thread on RSC, cannons accuracy is affected by level, but I don't think range bonus. Majority of range bonus comes from a range weapon equipped, seems odd that a cannon would scale with a bow.. :?

Then Villandra is obviously misinformed. And yeah, it's a bit wierd, but this is Runescape.

inuyashakent-2.png

Missformed? How about you read the thread first, shes going for the first 99 slayer with 10 hp, by cannoning, and shes already 78 slayer. Last I looked, getting 78 Slayer purely off a cannon would give you a decent idea of how well you hit with what gear at what level.

Edit: Heres a link to her topic http://www.zybez.net/community/index.ph ... pic=950717 . Shes 85 range purely cannoning from level one, I think this holds a slight bit more validity over 60 Gorillas.

oversized.jpg[/bads]

Missformed? How about you read the thread first, shes going for the first 99 slayer with 10 hp, by cannoning, and shes already 78 slayer. Last I looked, getting 78 Slayer purely off a cannon would give you a decent idea of how well you hit with what gear at what level.

Edit: Heres a link to her topic http://www.zybez.net/community/index.ph ... pic=950717 . Shes 85 range purely cannoning from level one, I think this holds a slight bit more validity over 60 Gorillas.

She never states in her thread that range bonus affects the damage rates of a cannon. She only says that range LEVEL does.

I've read over the entire thread, and all of her other threads, a good few times.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

I read it, and I'm impressed. I'm guessing he posted somewhere that range bonus doesn't affect it? Well, I'm still 100% sure he's wrong.

He's always wearing monk robes, so he has 0 experience with testing cannon with monk robes. (Yes, 0) Seriously, if you don't believe me do a 5 minute, 50k test and see for yourself that it helps.

And how was I suppost to know you wanted me to read it? You didn't post me a link...

inuyashakent-2.png

I read it, and I'm impressed. I'm guessing he posted somewhere that range bonus doesn't affect it? Well, I'm still 100% sure he's wrong.

He's always wearing monk robes, so he has 0 experience with testing cannon with monk robes. (Yes, 0) Seriously, if you don't believe me do a 5 minute, 50k test and see for yourself that it helps.

And how was I suppost to know you wanted me to read it? You didn't post me a link...

She. ;)

dgs5.jpg

* This guide is very close to complete, I just have to add pictures for the most part. Also, xp rates will be added.

<3:Introduction to Kents Slayer Guide! <3:

Well, Im guessing the only reason you came to my guide is because you read my ever so famous Summoning guide, which can be found here. In this guide, I will give you all the information you will need to train Slayer efficiently, quickly, and enjoyably. My guides (well, Ive only written two but) tends to be quite long, and I can get a bit verbose at times, but please try to bear with me. Remember, I wrote a Summoning guide which is highly related to combat, so some of the information here can be similar to the information from there.

Rawr, I thught we had the grammar talk kent #-o .

maulmachine4.png

Corporeal Drops:2xHoly elixers

Bandos Drops: Bcp(soloed) 5x hilts 8x tassets

Armadyl Drops:Armadyl Hilt(trio)

Zamorak Drops: 2xZamorakian spear 3x Steam battlestaff

3rd: Wolpertingers (92, 220 Combat)

Max: 210

Hitpoints: 651

Experience: Magic

Time: 62

Size: Small

Error :P

Also, I have a question. My past 10 tasks from duradel have ALL been either hellhounds or greaters, and i'm really getting tired of them so I considered switching to Sumona. Should I do this, or just block them? And btw i'm definitely going to be taking metal dragon tasks and maging them, considering i'm 99 range and want mage exp very badly.

wl7w9j.png

Also, I have a question. My past 10 tasks from duradel have ALL been either hellhounds or greaters, and i'm really getting tired of them so I considered switching to Sumona. Should I do this, or just block them? And btw i'm definitely going to be taking metal dragon tasks and maging them, considering i'm 99 range and want mage exp very badly.

Definitely block hellhounds and greaters. More trouble than they're worth.

dgs5.jpg

Definitely block hellhounds and greaters. More trouble than they're worth.

Do what he said.

Edit: Added ~10 pictures or so.

inuyashakent-2.png

Alright, I read through your guide. It looks great but still has some minor typos, so I recommend you read through it again Kent. However, I'm here because I have a question about Guthans and combat familiars. What combat familiar do you believe makes using Guthans worth it? Meaning what combat familiar gives more xp than you lose using Guthans to heal? I am currently 74 summoning, and I may buy Guthans and begin using a Granite lobster for tasks in multicombat areas. I'm not sure though, seeing as how I used my trusty Bunyip from 85-90 slayer, I'm hesitant to part with it.

Any advice you can give is appreciated.

Sir_Ddude.gif

Wow, this thread is dying. I'm starting to slay again, so I'm going to add more pictures. Also, I bought an SGS, so expect more information on that.

Every guide has a power boost then it slowly dies... Rare are the guides that survive :D

ib7rVm.png

Alright, I read through your guide. It looks great but still has some minor typos, so I recommend you read through it again Kent. However, I'm here because I have a question about Guthans and combat familiars. What combat familiar do you believe makes using Guthans worth it? Meaning what combat familiar gives more xp than you lose using Guthans to heal? I am currently 74 summoning, and I may buy Guthans and begin using a Granite lobster for tasks in multicombat areas. I'm not sure though, seeing as how I used my trusty Bunyip from 85-90 slayer, I'm hesitant to part with it.

74 is more then enough

inuyashakent-2.png

74 is more then enough

Thanks much, you convinced me to buy Guthans. Guess I'm going old-school. :D

Sir_Ddude.gif

Hmm... no one noticed my post.

Haven't you ever heard of tuna or salmon? They are very cheap (78 and 56 gp each, respectively) and are very useful in situations where you're either close to a bank or you won't take a lot of damage.

Salmon and tuna make lobsters and wine effectively useless. And also, apple pies are cheaper than lobsters and pack more healing into a single inventory space (171 gp each, heal 7hp in two bites).

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

Hmm... no one noticed my post.

Haven't you ever heard of tuna or salmon? They are very cheap (78 and 56 gp each, respectively) and are very useful in situations where you're either close to a bank or you won't take a lot of damage.

Salmon and tuna make lobsters and wine effectively useless. And also, apple pies are cheaper than lobsters and pack more healing into a single inventory space (171 gp each, heal 7hp in two bites).

Eating = time.

Time = more damage. It's good for F2P, Slayer's member.

inuyashakent-2.png

Oh my goodness, I just realized you're missing a huge chunk of information important to slayer: Ranging. You mention it, and make a short comparison between the three combat styles, but you never mention the equipment you recommend for slayer.

I'm surprised it has been overlooked for this long, but I guess people were distracted with the rest of your awesome guide. ::'

Sir_Ddude.gif

Oh my goodness, I just realized you're missing a huge chunk of information important to slayer: Ranging. You mention it, and make a short comparison between the three combat styles, but you never mention the equipment you recommend for slayer.

I'm surprised it has been overlooked for this long, but I guess people were distracted with the rest of your awesome guide. ::'

Yeah, one thing I was planning on going into detail later.

OMG where the hell is the rest of my guide????

I updated it and... it's gone???

inuyashakent-2.png