Kent's guide to Slayer mastery! NEW SECTION!!!

Inuashakent

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm... no one noticed my post.

Haven't you ever heard of tuna or salmon? They are very cheap (78 and 56 gp each, respectively) and are very useful in situations where you're either close to a bank or you won't take a lot of damage.

Salmon and tuna make lobsters and wine effectively useless. And also, apple pies are cheaper than lobsters and pack more healing into a single inventory space (171 gp each, heal 7hp in two bites).

Eating = time.

Time = more damage. It's good for F2P, Slayer's member.

You're not going to have to eat more than once or twice a minute in most cases. There are plenty of reasons why cheap foods aren't that great, but taking more damage due to more time spent eating is not one of them.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

Llemster, there is no such Slayer task.

I updated this guide. Many more pictures, changed the Summoning part a bit, and about to add special attacks.

I'll get to Ranging. It's really nearing completion. <3:

Edit: I'm going to add what armours are totally useless to use, although they are considered useful.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

I updated this guide. Many more pictures, changed the Summoning part a bit, and about to add special attacks.

Edit: I'm going to add what armours are totally useless to use, although they are considered useful.

I'm not sure why you're so totally against outside advice, it really ruins your guides. A task like that? Nechs. Another one? Fire Giants. Dust Devils. Waterfiends. Dragons. Need I say more? These tasks all require minimal healing, perhaps 7-10 hp every 15-20 seconds at most. With a Bunyip Trout or Salmon is BEYOND sufficient to last you an entire task and is so cheap as to be free food basically.

Edit: Also, in case you never realised, you can eat WHILE hitting, this means you don't lose that second eating. Effectively if you pot and eat while hitting the monster you don't lose the time, which on the road to 99 Slayer saves you in total about 10-15 hours according to Zarfot. You should look at his guide, it's extremely informative and gives a lot of the experience/hour and money/hour associated with Slayer.

oversized.jpg[/bads]

I'm not sure why you're so totally against outside advice, it really ruins your guides. A task like that? Nechs. Another one? Fire Giants. Dust Devils. Waterfiends. Dragons. Need I say more? These tasks all require minimal healing, perhaps 7-10 hp every 15-20 seconds at most. With a Bunyip Trout or Salmon is BEYOND sufficient to last you an entire task and is so cheap as to be free food basically.

Edit: Also, in case you never realised, you can eat WHILE hitting, this means you don't lose that second eating. Effectively if you pot and eat while hitting the monster you don't lose the time, which on the road to 99 Slayer saves you in total about 10-15 hours according to Zarfot. You should look at his guide, it's extremely informative and gives a lot of the experience/hour and money/hour associated with Slayer.

Well, sure, if you use a Bunyip... but you speed up your Slaying alot by using Combat familiars. Eating loses 1.8 seconds, potting/Karambwan loses 0.

And I don't want to copy Zarfot's guide either, there would be no point in that. I read it a few times, but of course I'm not going to have the exact same information/opinions as him.

Fire giants, Dust devils, Nechs all need food. Waterfiends I have no inventories for food... I could keep going.

inuyashakent-2.png

And I don't want to copy Zarfot's guide either, there would be no point in that. I read it a few times, but of course I'm not going to have the exact same information/opinions as him.

Fire giants, Dust devils, Nechs all need food. Waterfiends I have no inventories for food... I could keep going.

And by not considering some of his information and possibly inputting it into your guide, your guide will never become better then what it already is. Combat familiars are horrid up until high summoning levels, and I'm fairly sure you are aware of this. Also, you can eat just as you attack, and you will attack at the exact same rate as usual. This is how you can take trout etc on a task and not waste time while eating.

oversized.jpg[/bads]

And by not considering some of his information and possibly inputting it into your guide, your guide will never become better then what it already is. Combat familiars are horrid up until high summoning levels, and I'm fairly sure you are aware of this. Also, you can eat just as you attack, and you will attack at the exact same rate as usual. This is how you can take trout etc on a task and not waste time while eating.

I am using all my knowledge of slayer, and I'm not being stubborn. If the information is important, I will put it in my guide, lol.

And do a test. You lose 1.8 seconds even if you time it perfectly. Combat familiars are very useful even at the 50's... By the time you get a Bunyip, you get very good combat familiars.

inuyashakent-2.png

I might mention that I've had plenty of success with spirit cobras, stranger plants, karamthulhu overlords, smoke devils, and arctic bears. By the time you can use a bunyip there are already some fine options for combat familiars, so it's not really correct to call them horrid. I may just have to set my familiars on you for even suggesting such a thing. :shame:

I might mention that I've had plenty of success with spirit cobras, stranger plants, karamthulhu overlords, smoke devils, and arctic bears. By the time you can use a bunyip there are already some fine options for combat familiars, so it's not really correct to call them horrid. I may just have to set my familiars on you for even suggesting such a thing. :shame:

I would like to add that even ~30 Summoning lvs, you can use plenty of familiars that makes it worth using Monkfish>Tuna.

inuyashakent-2.png

NEW BANNER!!!

I got 90 Slayer too, so I'll write a guide on Dark beasts when I get a task. Abby demons take too long. =(

Oh, and apparently the banner isn't complete yet.

DO YOU LIKE MY GUIDE AND THINK IT DESERVES TO GO TO AOW? If so, check this out.

viewtopic.php?f=180&t=766657

inuyashakent-2.png

you missed out this in your guide:

dragon slayer gloves from the fist of guthix minigame. it has 1000 charges and loses 1 charge per dragon killed while wearing it in a slayer assignment only. it also gives 10% extra atk bonus and 15% slayer xp when you are wearing it on your dragon tasks. it costs only 200 fist of guthix tokens, requires 70 slayer to wear.

IMO this is a great replacement for barrow gloves on slayer tasks that involve dragons as it gives more atk bonus than barrow gloves on dragons on tasks(after some calculation). the extra slayer xp is also good since most dragons are fat(high hp) and makes the 15% more significant.

magax_king.png

dragon slayer gloves from the fist of guthix minigame. it has 1000 charges and loses 1 charge per dragon killed while wearing it in a slayer assignment only. it also gives 10% extra atk bonus and 15% slayer xp when you are wearing it on your dragon tasks. it costs only 200 fist of guthix tokens, requires 70 slayer to wear.

IMO this is a great replacement for barrow gloves on slayer tasks that involve dragons as it gives more atk bonus than barrow gloves on dragons on tasks(after some calculation). the extra slayer xp is also good since most dragons are fat(high hp) and makes the 15% more significant.

I didn't mention that? :oops:

It isn't worth the time getting the the bonuses lost from Barrows gloves, though.

inuyashakent-2.png

I didn't mention that? :oops:

It isn't worth the time getting the the bonuses lost from Barrows gloves, though.

I've never gotten them, but 200 tokens is nothing. I think it'd be worth it, as it'd last you quite a few dragon tasks. The extra attack would really help against miths.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

We are getting lots of reports for this guide to be nominated for AOW please do not nominate or ask for this to be nominated until it is complete. The guide is being watch for completion until then it will not be added nor considered for AOW. In fact this guide belongs on the Beginning Guide forum seeing that it is still being worked on but we are leaving it on this forum just because Inuashakent is nearly done with it as stated below.....

Thanks!

This guide is very close to complete, I just have to add pictures for the most part. Also, xp rates will be added.

queenvalerie.png

Covered a lot, but left me with 1 question: do you actually consider slayer as a profitable skill or a money drain?

From my own experience if I follow all those guides about cannoning I never ever get the money back I spent on cannonballs.. (literary 50% of my tasks have been cannonable ones).

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

We are getting lots of reports for this guide to be nominated for AOW please do not nominate or ask for this to be nominated until it is complete. The guide is being watch for completion until then it will not be added nor considered for AOW. In fact this guide belongs on the Beginning Guide forum seeing that it is still being worked on but we are leaving it on this forum just because Inuashakent is nearly done with it as stated below.....

Thanks!

This guide is very close to complete, I just have to add pictures for the most part. Also, xp rates will be added.

Hmmm... I'll post pictures of inv drops very soon. In fact, I might spend a day or two just taking pics of stuff.

inuyashakent-2.png

Thanks!

Hmmm... I'll post pictures of inv drops very soon. In fact, I might spend a day or two just taking pics of stuff.

Go Go GO!!! Damn all you guiders become really popular o.o

ib7rVm.png

the non-hidden banner is good, amazing guide btw

one question, do saquah drop any charms? u never said any charms rates but u also never said "no charms!"

Very, very rarely. You'll get 1-4 charms a whole task.

Thanks!

Go Go GO!!! Damn all you guiders become really popular o.o

Yay :lol:

Updating now. So far, I have inventory pictures for the first half of the guide. I'll post it all up when I'm completely done updating, enough to be put in AOW.

inuyashakent-2.png

Yay :lol:

Updating now. So far, I have inventory pictures for the first half of the guide. I'll post it all up when I'm completely done updating, enough to be put in AOW.

still wondering what your stance is on "slayer being a money maker": you say, "use prayer if you do gwd a lot": that implies you actually loose money with slayer??

Maybe you should take into consideration with every monster not only speed of training, but also what's most profitable..

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.