Kent's guide to Slayer mastery! NEW SECTION!!!

Inuashakent

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you may have already said it, but i didnt see...

if you have a high defence level, you dont need to use a barrows plate, as you will still have enough defence with a fighter torso for a bunyip to keep, on all but a few tasks, and the +4 str bonus adds to you max hit which could aid in finishing tasks faster

overall, good guide

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

if you have a high defence level, you dont need to use a barrows plate, as you will still have enough defence with a fighter torso for a bunyip to keep, on all but a few tasks, and the +4 str bonus adds to you max hit which could aid in finishing tasks faster

overall, good guide

i personally use a torso, but he believes a prossy top with 10% str boost is better, which it is. Im just too lazy to add prayer pots XD

1-800slayer.png

Retired after 2 accounts and 8 years of scapin...2 accounts over 2,000 total...may my life rest in peace

Brawl Code:5327-0581-3706

overall, good guide

Proselyte top and praying is more efficient, but I already did state that it is a suitable replacement for those who refuse to for whatever reason.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

If range bonus doesnt matter why would i have to wear the saem equipment. I've just always noticed a difference...im not saying im right, just stating what ive experienced.

No, gargs are NOT 20k-25k xp an hour....you arent getting 100k melee xp there an hour...I've had more than enough tasks to know 15k is pushing it, i usually average like 10-12k an hour there with 99 attack and 90 str.

And for blue charms...i think YOU'RE misunderstanding. He straight up explained it on the last page. Any monster that is a blue charm dropper drops very few charms, making them not quite as good as say abyssals. You arent going to keep your summoning xp matching your slayer xp with these.

Anyways...who cares if the guide is a little bias? its a guide, its HIS guide.

You've cleary misunderstood how to perform an accurate test. By performing all of what I said (4 tests), it shows the difference, if any, with a change in Range Bonus or Level. The reason the Range Bonus is kept the same in both tests is to eliminate that as a factor that influences a change in how good the Cannon works. Even if it does create an influence, it will do so to both equally, now do you see why?

If that is all you get at Gargoyle's don't blame me. It is possible to get up to 24k slayer xp/h. If you have maxed stats, on a full world, using Piety and using a Saradomin Sword, it is possible. Now I personally can't get this as I don't have maxed stats, but i have gotten around 20k slayer xp an hour still.

With the charms, I did not misunderstand anything. So what if it drops Blue Charms more often than other Charms. They give around twice the experience compared to Crimson Charms, and you still gain some of the other Charms anyway. Blue charms are the best Charm to get, not only for the higher experience, but they give a lower gp/xp ratio compared to the rest. Meaning, if you could gain the same amount of each Charm at the same rate (say 100 per hour of JUST Gold OR Green OR Crimson OR Blue), using Blue, you would not only level faster, but you would would spend less than half as much compared to any other way. Also from what I have seen, the ration of summoning to Slayer experience at Kalhites is about 0.73/1. Abyssal Demons are about 0.8/1, it isn't that much higher.

As for being biased, I never said that was a problem specifically. However, if this guide is to be made soley based on being most efficient, then by adding information saying which tasks are bad to him because of personal reasons, when they give up to 24k xp/h anyway contradicts the basis of the guide as being most efficient.

im still loling about the guy that said gargs were 25k slayer xp an hour :lol:

As I recall, I posted 20-25k. Now you can laugh if you want, but seeing as I know it is possible and I have gotten around 20k Slayer xp/h i'll be quite happy in the knowledge that higher stats doesn't necessarily mean faster training. You have to know where to go (chaos tunnels, stand 3 steps west of the rope, alternate between killing the two southern Gargoyles), what to use (Saradomin Sword on crush, piety) and how to quickly kill them (use the rock hammer on the Gargoyle when it is under say 1/3 hp left just as you go to hit it, this makes it so that if it becomes vulnerable after you damage it then, it dies straight away, making it respawn sooner due to dieing quicker, and moving onto the next sooner).

ydrasil.png

1) I've been through like 30-40 tasks of them and I have NEVER gotten over 15k slayer xp an hour, and im 99 attack.

You dont even get that much xp at dark beasts...and those are always agressive + youre praying.

2) Most people doing longterm slayer cant afford to be going piety...such as myself. Its unrealistic to think most people will use this.

3) They are a PAIN, i can promise you as you get higher slayer you will grow to hate these. Its the reason they are empty 90% of the time in the slayer tower and in the chaos tunnels. They just plain suck. The end.

4) Going along with 3...you can't do other things while doing gargs, no...not AFK. I mean like watching PIT vs BALT tonight...i cant watch the game and worry about clicking on them all the time. The average person doesn't sit and pay 100% attention to a monsters hp bar...

Slayer is all about keeping yourself from going crazy, take it from a guy getting 85 on one account and trying for 99 on another. Gargs make most people go crazy. The average hour for the average person won't be 20k...and i still have a hard time believing you can get that, seeing as thats 80k+ melee xp an hour...better than bandits and ankous (i think?)

Dark beasts are the best blue charm droppers in the game, i get about...20 blue charms in a task of 200 of them. Thats over 40k slayer xp giving me...15k summoning xp from them? Kalph soldiers have 85 hp? Unless jagex changed the drop rates for charms on them in the past month...i have never gotten more than 8 or 9 blue charms per task from them.

Thats why blue charm droppers aren't as good as crimson droppers...its the reason why people dont hunt for blue charms (lol)

1-800slayer.png

Retired after 2 accounts and 8 years of scapin...2 accounts over 2,000 total...may my life rest in peace

1) I've been through like 30-40 tasks of them and I have NEVER gotten over 15k slayer xp an hour, and im 99 attack.

You dont even get that much xp at dark beasts...and those are always agressive + youre praying.

2) Most people doing longterm slayer cant afford to be going piety...such as myself. Its unrealistic to think most people will use this.

3) They are a PAIN, i can promise you as you get higher slayer you will grow to hate these. Its the reason they are empty 90% of the time in the slayer tower and in the chaos tunnels. They just plain suck. The end.

4) Going along with 3...you can't do other things while doing gargs, no...not AFK. I mean like watching PIT vs BALT tonight...i cant watch the game and worry about clicking on them all the time. The average person doesn't sit and pay 100% attention to a monsters hp bar...

Slayer is all about keeping yourself from going crazy, take it from a guy getting 85 on one account and trying for 99 on another. Gargs make most people go crazy. The average hour for the average person won't be 20k...and i still have a hard time believing you can get that, seeing as thats 80k+ melee xp an hour...better than bandits and ankous (i think?)

Dark beasts are the best blue charm droppers in the game, i get about...20 blue charms in a task of 200 of them. Thats over 40k slayer xp giving me...15k summoning xp from them? Kalph soldiers have 85 hp? Unless jagex changed the drop rates for charms on them in the past month...i have never gotten more than 8 or 9 blue charms per task from them.

Thats why blue charm droppers aren't as good as crimson droppers...its the reason why people dont hunt for blue charms (lol)

He's quoting Zarfot's guide most likely.

Anyways, I don't beat around the bush. I just give them the straight up facts, and that is blue charm droppers aren't good charm droppers.

inuyashakent-2.png

He's quoting Zarfot's guide most likely.

Anyways, I don't beat around the bush. I just give them the straight up facts, and that is blue charm droppers aren't good charm droppers.

There's a very, very good reason to quote Zarfot's guide. In my personal opinion, every serious Slayer should read his guide twenty times. I don't necessarily follow everything he says, but I've learned quite a bit from reading it so many times.

If he's quoting Zarfot's guide, it's worth listening to.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Yeah, but he plays unrealistically to be completely honest. I mean really, excluding Slayer and Runecrafting, he got all 99 stats in less than a year with around 6 hours a day. I can bet you that he concentrates 100% of the way, and his rates are ... nearly impossible to get, or at least for most people. Plus, he has a huge pile of cash so he can just train as efficiently as possible...

He writes the best guides to be honest, but to be able to completely follow them...

Going to go do the cannon test now.

inuyashakent-2.png

1) I've been through like 30-40 tasks of them and I have NEVER gotten over 15k slayer xp an hour, and im 99 attack. Yeah, but are you using piety and a good crush weapon while using the rock hammer on the Gargoyle when it's at 1/3 health?

2) Most people doing longterm slayer cant afford to be going piety...such as myself. Its unrealistic to think most people will use this. I have 82 Slayer, going for 99, and 100% of my income is from Slayer. I manage to use piety on a few tasks, including Gargoyles. I can't do it on every task, and my bank is generally low on cash, but I use it because it speeds my Slaying up by a huge amount. It's worth using at any level, in my opinion. Use Piety flashing if you have to.

3) They are a PAIN, i can promise you as you get higher slayer you will grow to hate these. Its the reason they are empty 90% of the time in the slayer tower and in the chaos tunnels. They just plain suck. The end. Yes, they're a pain. I agree with you. I only do them because the drops are nice. Otherwise, I don't have a decent crush weapon, and I'm not getting efficient experience there.

I pay almost 100% attention. :?

He never mentioned hunting them for charms. As a slayer task, they give a very high number of blue charms.

dgs5.jpg

Yeah, but he plays unrealistically to be completely honest. I mean really, excluding Slayer and Runecrafting, he got all 99 stats in less than a year with around 6 hours a day. I can bet you that he concentrates 100% of the way, and his rates are ... nearly impossible to get, or at least for most people. Plus, he has a huge pile of cash so he can just train as efficiently as possible...

He writes the best guides to be honest, but to be able to completely follow them...

Going to go do the cannon test now.

I'm not saying we should all be like Zarfot. I'm saying that his knowledge of Slayer is literally unmatched. Honestly, I don't think any guide compares to his in any way. I would only write a Slayer guide if I were providing alternate methods or tactics that he doesn't mention, and even then I would put a link to his guide in the introduction to my own.

For Tipiters who are unfamiliar with Slayer, your guide is great. It's also pretty easy to follow, which is a plus. :) But for anyone who is seriously going for 99 and beyond, Zarfot's is paramount.

dgs5.jpg

While I agree that Gargoyles are a "efficient" task, I just don't like them, and I know alot of people hate them too.

And you pay 100% attention... monster! :lol:

And they drop blue charms, which again, doesn't provide faster slayer xp.

And seriously, Zarfot is a paramount. This guide is just going more in depth with my own opinions (which is a bit more relaxed) and has pictures for better understanding. Crazy = Zarfot. Relaxed = Inu. <3:

inuyashakent-2.png

I used to love gargs. I have a low bank net, about 10m atm. Its just after...20 tasks of them in 200 total tasks they get reallllllly annoying lol. They jsut end up being slower xp because you dread them. Tasks take forever, even with piety. But if you like doing them, do them.

1-800slayer.png

WTH. I hit 1 22 on a gorilla after going through 50 cannonballs, with 7 range and no range bonus. I can say with 99.999999999999% certainty that they both affect range levels, lol.

And sup3r, as I've said, that is 100% opinion on what you can handle. I'm pretty sure the Gargoyle argument can end now, as it's been done. Only do them if you can remain sane, lol. :lol:

inuyashakent-2.png

While I agree that Gargoyles are a "efficient" task, I just don't like them, and I know alot of people hate them too.

And you pay 100% attention... monster! :lol:

And they drop blue charms, which again, doesn't provide faster slayer xp.

And seriously, Zarfot is a paramount. This guide is just going more in depth with my own opinions (which is a bit more relaxed) and has pictures for better understanding. Crazy = Zarfot. Relaxed = Inu. <3:

Hahaha, like I said, I don't follow Zarfot's guide to the tee. I don't have his levels, nor do I have his items or cash. I generally don't worry about EXP rates, so you could say that I'm relaxed in that sense, but I do slay as fast as I possibly can. I get a kick out of finishing long, drawn tasks quickly. :thumbup:

dgs5.jpg

overall, good guide

Proselyte top and praying is more efficient, but I already did state that it is a suitable replacement for those who refuse to for whatever reason.

haha, my bad then! i have a tendancy to skim read, and end u missing little things like that =D

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

WTH. I hit 1 22 on a gorilla after going through 50 cannonballs, with 7 range and no range bonus. I can say with 99.999999999999% certainty that they both affect range levels, lol.

Gorilla? The MM ones? Why would you cannon there :-# Anyway, the way I saw the range pot argument is that your base range level effects it not your potted level, I think pretty much everyone knows that cannon is effected by at least your base range level.

TBH, i'm more interested as to whether or not or not actual range bonuses on armor effect cannon (seems strange that it would, but I suppose your range level effecting a cannon's accuracy is strange as well) Though that might be a harder one to test.

Keep up the work on the guide, it's looking good. Can't believe I never thought of using low level strength prayers while training <3:

P.S. Gargs suck :lol:

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

Gorilla? The MM ones? Why would you cannon there :-# Anyway, the way I saw the range pot arguement is that your base range level effects it not your potted level, I think pretty much every knows that cannon is effected by at least your base range level.

TBH, i'm more interested as to whether or not or not actual range bonuses on armor effect cannon (seems strange that it would, but I suppose your range level effecting a cannon's accuracy is strange as well) Though that might be a harder one to test.

Keep up the work on the guide, it's looking guide. Can't believe I never thought of using low level strength prayers while training <3:

P.S. Gargs suck :lol:

It was a good testing location. And your base level doesn't affect it, as I tested it using Sara brews to get 7 Range.

inuyashakent-2.png

I would have replied to it all, but Morningrise333 has said nearly all that I would have replied with. Yes, I did get some of my information from Zarfot's guide, yet even without that I still manage to get good experience. I don't follow the guide completely, I don't use piety on all tasks (I do on some), but I do use the 10% prayer on every other task. I did so before even reading the guide. Also where you mentioned not getting that much experience at Dark Beasts.... maybe you should read Zarfot's guide ::' (up to 34k xp/h with Piety).

I agree that not everyone can use Piety on every task, nor do I say anyway has to. I have the ability to make enough money per hour to easily compensate for the loss and I still choose not to.

I'm almost glad that most people don't realise how good Gargoyles are, more for me :P .

One thing you mention is that is just slower experience because you cread them. It is like a circle imo. You dread them (for whatever reason), which makes the task go slower because you simply don't like them. Because they give slower experience, you further dread them. Insteading of having that mentaility, next time you get them as a task, instead of dreading them, try doing it more efficiently. The task goes quicker, about 34-54 minutes at maximum speed is about as long as it takes.

ydrasil.png

I pietied dark beasts today and found myself getting 100k defensive xp an hour. I suppose his statistics are with a cannon and maxed stats. They are really sick with piety, i had never knew they effected speed to much.

1-800slayer.png

How long would you say the two quests are for mutated velds? Cuz the more i look at that the more id love to be able to cannon velds :P

1-800slayer.png

How long would you say the two quests are for mutated velds? Cuz the more i look at that the more id love to be able to cannon velds :P

Can't give an estimate as I forgot, but it's one of the best tasks in the game, right along with Dags and Abyssal demons. So do them. :thumbsup:

inuyashakent-2.png

Can't give an estimate as I forgot, but it's one of the best tasks in the game, right along with Dags and Abyssal demons. So do them. :thumbsup:

Do you average a decent amount of slayer xp per hour with abyssals, because i cant seem to get over like 15k. Maybe im just slow lol

1-800slayer.png