Kent's guide to Slayer mastery! NEW SECTION!!!

Inuashakent

Yay :lol:

Updating now. So far, I have inventory pictures for the first half of the guide. I'll post it all up when I'm completely done updating, enough to be put in AOW.

still wondering what your stance is on "slayer being a money maker": you say, "use prayer if you do gwd a lot": that implies you actually loose money with slayer??

Maybe you should take into consideration with every monster not only speed of training, but also what's most profitable..

No, you still gain prayer if you use Cannonballs and even Piety! (Piety costs ALOT more than cballs). The reason I said if you GWD is because you gain more money without it, but either way you still gain money.

Sorry, I missed your question.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aren't there some tasks where a DFS would be better than a rune defender?

At 99 attack and strength, 96 defence, I find that DFS is best for most tasks. Rune defender I agree on for things like abyssal demons, though, cause that defence can make you go //wrists. Maybe its just cause I'm 99 att+str, and maybe its because I flash piety almost every task, turning on 10% prayer when I go to type to someone then resuming the piety :P.

god knows why, but also I hit more often with dds using dfs than rune defender -.- wtf srsly. Think my rune defender was haxed or something so idk o.o

It also allows me to wear proselyte instead of veracs skirt + prossy plate on every task, giving me a little extra prayer bonus. And it also makes skeletal wyverns a lot more efficient, I'm sure -- I've actually unblocked them now, yet to get my first task though.

This guide is soooo much better with the inventory pics now, though, I must say. I could actually use this guide for doing slayer now :P. Still probably needs some work in some places... which I can't remember -.- But its very well done.

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

Excellent guide!

I read the whole thing and there are very few things I disagree on, which can be mostly attributed to personal preference.

Good job and keep up the good work!

I also noticed you post on the Help & Advice board often, so I wanted to thank you for your contribution to this community.

Great Guide, I like Axe Man's, but yours is just so much more modern and organized. Helps a lot :thumbsup:

Oh and you have nothing on Kurasks (70). Are they that bad, or not assigned by Duradel? I'm wondering because I'm getting close to 70 slayer...

Lots of responces... <3:

Aren't there some tasks where a DFS would be better than a rune defender?

At 99 attack and strength, 96 defence, I find that DFS is best for most tasks. Rune defender I agree on for things like abyssal demons, though, cause that defence can make you go //wrists. Maybe its just cause I'm 99 att+str, and maybe its because I flash piety almost every task, turning on 10% prayer when I go to type to someone then resuming the piety :P.

god knows why, but also I hit more often with dds using dfs than rune defender -.- wtf srsly. Think my rune defender was haxed or something so idk o.o

It also allows me to wear proselyte instead of veracs skirt + prossy plate on every task, giving me a little extra prayer bonus. And it also makes skeletal wyverns a lot more efficient, I'm sure -- I've actually unblocked them now, yet to get my first task though.

This guide is soooo much better with the inventory pics now, though, I must say. I could actually use this guide for doing slayer now :P. Still probably needs some work in some places... which I can't remember -.- But its very well done.

As me and Queen has said, this guide isn't complete yet... but honestly, I love how it's turning out compared to my Summoning guide.

And mathmatically, Rune defender is by far better in all situation except for Scarabites and Wyverns. you can wear Proselyte plate and V skirt without one anyways, especially with Piety.

Liked this guide, will help me getting 99 attack through slayer....congratz =D>

Thanks. ;) :lol:

Great Guide, I like Axe Man's, but yours is just so much more modern and organized. Helps a lot :thumbsup:

Oh and you have nothing on Kurasks (70). Are they that bad, or not assigned by Duradel? I'm wondering because I'm getting close to 70 slayer...

Yeah, his is outdated, and it basically tells them basic info and where they are. (Which can be found in the Database.)

They aren't assigned by Duradel. I'm not going to complete this guide at the cost of efficiency. I'm keeping Sumona OUT.

Thanks for the responces. ;)

inuyashakent-2.png

Lots of responces... <3:

Yeah, his is outdated, and it basically tells them basic info and where they are. (Which can be found in the Database.)

They aren't assigned by Duradel. I'm not going to complete this guide at the cost of efficiency. I'm keeping Sumona OUT.

You've a lot of nerve to post that.

I have already had to ask you to remove mention of my guide in yours as it was a blatant attempt to get more traffic in searches to your guide. You did and I wished you well on your guide.

Instead you choose to take shots like this intent on propping up your guide and stroking your ego.

You aren't 99 Slayer and your guide and opinions reflect that.

Think before posting such things in the future.

Axe Man Jack

PS Your extensive use of Show/Hide boxes lags people who access your guide and whitescreens them on RS.

sigtsg99rscaz7.png

The Slayers Guild a Slayer Clan led by Axe Man Jack

Proud to have written the most plagiarized Slayer guide on the planet.

Lots of responces... <3:

You've a lot of nerve to post that.

I have already had to ask you to remove mention of my guide in yours as it was a blatant attempt to get more traffic in searches to your guide. You did and I wished you well on your guide.

I can't post what I think about competing guides? Nerve? Honestly, I'm holding back. I've had 3 friends pm me about how annoyingly cocky know it all you are to negative comments. Don't even make me start about being personal. I'm just stating professional guide-writing opinion.

Instead you choose to take shots like this intent on propping up your guide and stroking your ego.

Strange how I didn't even bring up the topic, but it was a response, eh?

You aren't 99 Slayer and your guide and opinions reflect that.

You pmed me that last time we had this argument. Again, I was holding back and refrained myself from saying how completely arrogent you are for saying that. Experience honestly barely means anything in Runescape. It's all about knowledge, which, again, cannot be determined by how much time you play Runescape. 90-99 Slayer is all the same tasks. Do you really think that is an argument? Gosh.

Think before posting such things in the future.

YOU think before posting such things in the future. Just because your guide is in AOW, it doesn't make it any better. Please don't post in my guides anymore, as you clearly don't have anything to say.

Axe Man Jack

Kent.

PS Your extensive use of Show/Hide boxes lags people who access your guide and whitescreens them on RS.

Nitpicking, eh? The extensive uses of hide boxes havn't gave me whitescreens before, and I run on a computer with barely any memory left, plus it's old. Honestly, if i get enough complaints I'll remove them; until then, I'll keep them here. Plus, it makes my guide organized and much easier to find stuff.

Edit: From the last ~1 hour I've wasted, I clearly saw I shouldn't post about your guide here. We just won't mention your guide here, and from now on, if anybody ever mentions your guide, I will just say "Please do not say anything about AMJ's guide."

inuyashakent-2.png

This is your "guide", not Axe Man Jack's infamous and highly successful BIBLE. Keep ANY references of him or his bible out of your so called guide.

Don't mess with TSG :thumbup:

amj r0x my s0x

sunshineef4.jpg

3,331st to 99 Fishing - 9-18-07 | 25,851st to 99 Cooking - 10-6-07

This is your "guide", not Axe Man Jack's infamous and highly successful BIBLE. Keep ANY references of him or his bible out of your so called guide.

Don't mess with TSG :thumbup:

Yeah, I got the message when ~30 of your people flamed me. As stated above, I will never mention your guide... It's a waste of my effort, as you guys are "perfect."

inuyashakent-2.png

Glad to see copy/paste at work :thumbup:

nice effort collecting other peoples hard work and calling it your own. 5 minutes of work for a fail.

Where did he copy paste? I read the entire guide and failed to find any bit that was not original.

I am not a skiller, but i do some skills.

rcwar1st.gifconwar3rd.gifwcdec2nd.gifskillwar2nd.gif

Spring2008slaycompsig.png

Glad to see copy/paste at work :thumbup:

nice effort collecting other peoples hard work and calling it your own. 5 minutes of work for a fail.

Where did he copy paste? I read the entire guide and failed to find any bit that was not original.

I'm glad to know that your opinion was genuine, and not one completely biased. (No sarcasm)

inuyashakent-2.png

Hey dude! nice guide.

[hide=]

1st) Bandos plate - Yeah, who didn't see this coming? This has a somewhat decent (pretty bad to be honest) while giving prayer and Strength bonuses! Use this if you have it, unless the monster requires a good Defense bonus. The Strength bonus is twice as much as Bandos tassets. I would use this everywhere if you have it.

id rather get a free torso whit the same strength bonus, then paying a couple of mills for a few extra defence

4th) Dragon/Runite legs - Umm... No. Use barrows.

i prefer dragon over barrow's because barrow's always need to be fixed at times when the money pile is small.

1st) Berserker ring - Well, it's a great ring, giving 4 Strength. However, it comes at a hefty price. A good ring, but it comes at its price... You will not keep this if you die as its alchemy value is almost 0. GET THIS BEFORE BANDOS!

so i need to get a ring whitch totaly doesnt stay whit me when i die, over bandos armor? i rather do it the otherway arround

1st) Salve (e)/Salve amulet - This gives 20 (15) Attack and Strength to undead. This doesn't stack with a Black/slayer mask, so if youre on a slayer mask use a Fury instead! Remember, this is for undead only. (Doesn't work at Barrow's, go figure)

the salve on place 1? wth? you maybe get 10% of your tasks whit undead monsters! and its only 5% more then attack and strength.

4th) Strength/Power - This is not a nonmember's guide, so this has no place here. Even the Strength amulet is useless, although it gives more Strength than the Fury.

so its useless, but in a way better then a Fury.....

4th) God cape - Gives +10 magic Defenses, but who needs that anyways? Don't use this.

erhh.. why not? 10+ magic is good against any task whit magical attacks... (and it keeps monsters off you in the GWD)

* 3rd age, Dragon - This should be obvious. The 3rd age costs at least 500m gp street price, which is ridiculous for such a weak item. Dragon is decent, but it's pricey and much weaker than Barrows/Bandos.

a weak item? if im not mistaking, then the 3rd age shield is the best ingame, and so are the legs, body and helm (althought im not sure about that)

Well, normally Dharoks is great! But... not for Slayer. The ability to use a Black mask and whip is better than the Dharoks. Very simple case, no?

isnt it faster to dharok against some monsters then to whip and mask?

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/5518/summonbt4.png

where is your..

zerker ring

bandos chest

bandos legs

fire cape?

Lol, I would like to apologize for the fact that I don't have perfect equipment. If you want to know what they are, just go up and look at the section about equipment.

ooh i see, you cant afford it, but yet your saying that we should buy them. How do you know that there good for slayer when you probalry never used them? wait! maybe AJM (or other slayer guide makers) said it in his "bible"/guide?

* If you're using Protection prayer, make sure to use a Zamorak brew instead, and don't bring any Super defense potions. Don't bring any food as well.

ok a brew... but why?

Method 4: Ranging and Cannon - Well, this is the fastest, and can even be said the most efficient... err... if it wasn't for charms. This method gives almost no charms, compared to the ~50 crimson a task at Black demons. If you really want the fast experience, go for it. However, Slayer is best trained in conjunction with Summoning, so...

Anyways, here is this method. First, get into the room with the Black demons. I'll assume you know how, but if not, look at a map. Then, go to the very north east, set your cannon and range from here:

so i can range and cannon those black demons in the chaos tunnels? cool!

If you're going to do this, using piety will help A LOT.

* Do NOT use Piety here, as it kills the purpose of this method.

first to are from black demons, the last is from bloodvelds

So in one methode you say to use piety AND not to use piety. So the question is, to Piety, or not to Piety?

but overall, it looks good and your one hell of a dark beast camper!

oh, and nice way to get rid of your untrimmed hp cape, but at least you have 99 cooking now![/hide]

This is a guide forum, where you can post constructive feedback.

To those of you who choose to post only to bash the guide or rudely tell that another guide is better; your posts will be removed and actions may be taken against your forum accounts.

Laikrob,

Tip.It Moderator

You're accusing me of bigotry, how ironic. It's a nice attempt at argument, but your responses are facile and asinine, if not diatribe. Who's arrogant now?