Kent's guide to Slayer mastery! NEW SECTION!!!

Inuashakent

i have 500 blue charms from bork - yes ive killed him about 100 times so far and i got charms to prove it, i range him all the time and if you have a question about ranging bork ask me and ill answer, ill read your guide and if i see something you missed i might tell you depending on how lazy i am

edited on:

some things ive mastered

prayer flashing the mage

yes with safespot if u time it from experience u can pray flash the mage, i can take down bork without eating and use 3 prayer points the entire fight

another thing is screwing up minions in a few seconds, since there is 2 safespots i use i stand at one then the second they come i run to other and then the completely ignore me and run around aimlessly or get trapped after i move spots, this sometimes stops the mage also

if i think of more things i could show then i might post more

edited on more:

yea thought of another thing, killing 2 borks in 10 mins.

bork resets on jagex time at 7:00 for me, to figure it out get an explorer ring, bork resets the same time a ring recharges so thats how i one day figured it out, i run in and kill him at 6:55, wait and the black demon safespot for a min or 2, get the message, go in, kill him again, and get 10 blue 14 crimson and 4 green

this gets u no more charms it just saves time because....

u can do this every 2 days since monday 6:55 and 7:01 <- counts for tuesday also so then i do again wednesday, this gets no more charms like i said but saves glory charges and less time out of skilling because if u kill bork in 3 mins and its a 2 min run there then u kill 2 in 8 mins if u time it perfect rather than 1 in 5

once again if i remember more and am not too lazy ill post more tips and tricks ive learned from ranging 100+ borks

a_final_name.png

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just an fyi to add to your guide under the "food section". It is possible to buy plain pizzas for 25-300each and pinapples for 50each on the grand exchange. Each pineapple makes 4 slices so you can make 4 pizzas per pinapple. This makes the pineapple pizza cost around 300gp max making it much more effective to your health and wallet than monkfish. Btw great guide!!

Overall I still like this guide. I do like your "guide writing skills", lack of a better phrase.

But to make it that much better, I think you should:

-Add more pictures (in a way, that's always a way to improve) (not a very good suggestion but hey)

-Add MANY different setups for each assignment (with a pic of each one)

-Unique ways to finish each assignment (like Ancients or Grey Chins at Nechs)

-Possibly adding a "Melee, Ranged and Mage" method of attempting every assignment (I know methods and setup for ranging every assinment, because I got 99 ranged from Slayer alone)

Your probably all ready doing some of these but whatever I'll suggest anyway

Doing those, but not adding uneccesary pictures. This lags the guide, alot.

i have 500 blue charms from bork - yes ive killed him about 100 times so far and i got charms to prove it, i range him all the time and if you have a question about ranging bork ask me and ill answer, ill read your guide and if i see something you missed i might tell you depending on how lazy i am

edited on:

some things ive mastered

prayer flashing the mage

yes with safespot if u time it from experience u can pray flash the mage, i can take down bork without eating and use 3 prayer points the entire fight

another thing is screwing up minions in a few seconds, since there is 2 safespots i use i stand at one then the second they come i run to other and then the completely ignore me and run around aimlessly or get trapped after i move spots, this sometimes stops the mage also

edited on more:

bork resets on jagex time at 7:00 for me, to figure it out get an explorer ring, bork resets the same time a ring recharges so thats how i one day figured it out, i run in and kill him at 6:55, wait and the black demon safespot for a min or 2, get the message, go in, kill him again, and get 10 blue 14 crimson and 4 green

u can do this every 2 days since monday 6:55 and 7:01 <- counts for tuesday also so then i do again wednesday, this gets no more charms like i said but saves glory charges and less time out of skilling because if u kill bork in 3 mins and its a 2 min run there then u kill 2 in 8 mins if u time it perfect rather than 1 in 5

once again if i remember more and am not too lazy ill post more tips and tricks ive learned from ranging 100+ borks

I'm going to add a section about Prayer flashing later. I find it way too attention demanding to be worth it, but it could be a possibility. But I don't really see the need to conserve that much Prayer. In fact, Melee is much faster, so that is in fact recommended.

Can you tell me what Jagex time is?

You could do that, and it is a good suggestion. It would take even more time to kill Bork, though. Post the picture, please. (The two locations.) I'm going to do Magic today, and post how much time/casts it takes.

Just an fyi to add to your guide under the "food section". It is possible to buy plain pizzas for 25-300each and pinapples for 50each on the grand exchange. Each pineapple makes 4 slices so you can make 4 pizzas per pinapple. This makes the pineapple pizza cost around 300gp max making it much more effective to your health and wallet than monkfish. Btw great guide!!

Yeah, I know. I'm pretty sure I don't need to add how to obtain the food, as that could use a whole other guide. (Which already exists.)

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

Yeah, I know. I'm pretty sure I don't need to add how to obtain the food, as that could use a whole other guide. (Which already exists.)

For the record, you can add p'apple rings to about 1600-1700 pizzas an hour, which is about 300k gp/hr assuming you buy the rings and plain pizza on the GE (which is difficult, but you can get the ingredients bought faster than you eat the pizzas, so it's fine), and about 75k exp/hr in cooking. (It takes 25 seconds, give or take, to make an inventory of 14 p'apple pizzas.) But of course this is a slayer guide, not a cooking guide.

Overall I still like this guide. I do like your "guide writing skills", lack of a better phrase.

But to make it that much better, I think you should:

-Add more pictures (in a way, that's always a way to improve) (not a very good suggestion but hey)

-Add MANY different setups for each assignment (with a pic of each one)

-Unique ways to finish each assignment (like Ancients or Grey Chins at Nechs)

-Possibly adding a "Melee, Ranged and Mage" method of attempting every assignment (I know methods and setup for ranging every assinment, because I got 99 ranged from Slayer alone)

Your probably all ready doing some of these but whatever I'll suggest anyway

Doing those, but not adding uneccesary pictures. This lags the guide, alot.

edited on:

some things ive mastered

prayer flashing the mage

edited on more:

I'm going to add a section about Prayer flashing later. I find it way too attention demanding to be worth it, but it could be a possibility. But I don't really see the need to conserve that much Prayer. In fact, Melee is much faster, so that is in fact recommended.

Can you tell me what Jagex time is?

You could do that, and it is a good suggestion. It would take even more time to kill Bork, though. Post the picture, please. (The two locations.) I'm going to do Magic today, and post how much time/casts it takes.

i do pray flash because it require no concentration for me, ive been reading forums and then going back to window and doing it lol, its all based on what style what wep and then listening to sounds and having the sounds programmed in your mind, then u can basicly just go into 2nd nature like pros on on prayerswitching for jad

as for teh pics, here u go[hide=]081031190308jx6.png

081031190517ue7.png

081031190658qm5.png[/hide]

i range cuz my melee fails, if u need more help or pics let me know

a_final_name.png

Thanks, it worked. Magic was pretty slow. It took around 2:00 - 2:30 to kill it with Slayer dart, taking a Grand total of 32 Deaths. I will do more tests, but Magic definetely isn't preferable to Ranging. I will update it now. Also, I will try to do it with Diamond bolts, as it seems like the best option.

I have to add credits soon. I will go through all the pages and credit everybody who helped.

inuyashakent-2.png

Ns if you mentioned but the Jade Vine also gives (2.5k is it?) Slayer xp every 2 days.

few minor bork things, you say up to 9875 or whatever, ive got 9982 as a record i believe. bork doesnt have the highest def for me, 78 range and broad bolts and i hit pretty decent.

keep up good work

Check out the YouTube video and see how fast I kill it with Melee.

inuyashakent-2.png

few minor bork things, you say up to 9875 or whatever, ive got 9982 as a record i believe. bork doesnt have the highest def for me, 78 range and broad bolts and i hit pretty decent.

keep up good work

ive seen it, i stand by me case saying range isnt slow, its simply melee is just faster

if your richer than me it doesnt neccesarily make me poor, guess thast kinda what its like

as far as a comparison slow i guess but its not like mage or anything

a_final_name.png

keep up good work

ive seen it, i stand by me case saying range isnt slow, its simply melee is just faster

if your richer than me it doesnt neccesarily make me poor, guess thast kinda what its like

Magic was faster... I never tested it with Diamond (e) though.

Edit: Melee is definetely alot faster. I was able to get a kill with DDS + SGS in a little over a minute. An AGS would save a couple seconds...

inuyashakent-2.png

keep up good work

Magic was faster... I never tested it with Diamond (e) though.

Edit: Melee is definetely alot faster. I was able to get a kill with DDS + SGS in a little over a minute. An AGS would save a couple seconds...

opinion is opinion and we both have ours oh well

now that u have an up and running youtube account and are making vids try making a ton of vids lol, zarfot made a single slayer vid that was amazing and showed a 30 second clip of how he does every task, just make a vid or 2 overviewing all tasks or if u realy want detail make a short vid for 1 task such as the nice bloodveld vid(vids need muzak tho

a_final_name.png

I am aware Zarfot made a Slayer video, but I am showing also how to get there with my Youtube videos. I'm doing all my recording first, then making money movies. Music isn't worth the time if I'm making 10's of vids.

Edit: I've just tested how much approx xp a combat familiar (wolper) could bring me.

In 10 minutes, I've earned, 3800 mage xp... I've had people tell me Guthan's isn't worth it, and Bunyip is the best. I guess they were wrong. They told me you get 7k xp tops with scrolls from Steel titan.

inuyashakent-2.png

I am aware Zarfot made a Slayer video, but I am showing also how to get there with my Youtube videos. I'm doing all my recording first, then making money movies. Music isn't worth the time if I'm making 10's of vids.

Edit: I've just tested how much approx xp a combat familiar (wolper) could bring me.

In 10 minutes, I've earned, 3800 mage xp... I've had people tell me Guthan's isn't worth it, and Bunyip is the best. I guess they were wrong. They told me you get 7k xp tops with scrolls from Steel titan.

So just wondering, how accurate would you say this is -> http://www.truthscape.com/forum/viewtop ... f=7&t=1548

(As if I get 7k mage exp/hr from fire titan, i'll take it =p)

Xenon_101.png

Xenon_101.png

99 Range on 08/25/08!

Solo Arma Hilt on 12/06/08! (clicky)

So just wondering, how accurate would you say this is -> http://www.truthscape.com/forum/viewtop ... f=7&t=1548

(As if I get 7k mage exp/hr from fire titan, i'll take it =p)

His numbers were 2/3 of mine, ... mine was a pretty small test size, so I trust his more.

However, I doubt his sample sizes were that big. Plus, I had a Fire giants task. However, somebody told me you get 7k xp/hour tops with a steel titan + scrolls, which is why I did a small test in the first place. He said that Guthan's is useless because 7k xp/hour is so little that bunyip is better. Now 14K+ xp/hour...

inuyashakent-2.png

Was remarkably quite an interesting read. A few corrections:

* Wine (12 life, -1 Attack, 77gp) Same as the lobster, except it reduces range. As you can see though, it costs very little. This is a very good food to use when youre ranging, and barely getting damaged, which means while you are using safespots.

You mean attack

2nd) Trimmed Skillcapes - As much Defense as an Obsidian cape but with prayer bonus. Use this over the Skillcape while praying.

If you have an trimmed skillcape you can't have an untrimmed one. What you mean is firecape

(Based on 11 kills. Gold-36% Green-218% Crimson-0.91% Blue-0%)(It just means I didn't get any Blue charms in 11 kills. Doesn't mean there isn't a chance of obtaining them.)

From mith drags. You can't get 0.91% from 11 dragons, since that is a fraction of a charm

They were until recently very great for money. Now, they are only decent, and only drop charms. First, you must decide which of the four Spiritual mages you must kill.

From spiritual mages.They don't drop any.

3rd: Wolpertingers (92, 220 Combat)

Max: 210

Typo.

Also, the picture for the inventory for Dagannoth method 2 has a cannon in it, when you can't bring a cannon there.

Finally, the correct spelling for the slayer monster is Suqah

A few grammatical mistakes here and there also. I can post them if you want, but they aren't too much of a problem.

Hegel.png

"...and some extreme people use the Lunar magic spell Humidify, while not losing any Attack turns! Yes, this system is very exploitable, so don't be afraid to experiment."

I'm definitely gonna try that. :thumbup:

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Just noticed you removed your Efficiency vs Fun section. I understand why, but if possible could you please tell me what the formula is to find the most efficient method? I believe you had this mentioned in that section. I could do the math myself, but I'd rather be lazy and have you dig the formula up somewhere ::'

Appreciate the help, but if you don't have this lying around somewhere, don't worry about it.

Sir_Ddude.gif

Just noticed you removed your Efficiency vs Fun section. I understand why, but if possible could you please tell me what the formula is to find the most efficient method? I believe you had this mentioned in that section. I could do the math myself, but I'd rather be lazy and have you dig the formula up somewhere ::'

Appreciate the help, but if you don't have this lying around somewhere, don't worry about it.

I omitted the fun vs efficiency section, but I kept the speed vs cost section.

Here ya go:

Money made from method 1-2 Experience gained/hour from method 2- method 1 * Amount of experience gained from method 2/ method 1

inuyashakent-2.png