Kent's guide to Slayer mastery! NEW SECTION!!!

Inuashakent

I've been using this guide more and more as I've started slaying again and the information is proving extremely valuable, so thanks again. I had a task of Nechs last night and I did them in the Chaos tunnels, I used the standard equipment and inventory with a Swamp Titan but I had to bank because I ran out of food. It wasn't a problem and I finished the task quicker than I would've without your advice, but I was wonderign if I did something wrong?

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been using this guide more and more as I've started slaying again and the information is proving extremely valuable, so thanks again. I had a task of Nechs last night and I did them in the Chaos tunnels, I used the standard equipment and inventory with a Swamp Titan but I had to bank because I ran out of food. It wasn't a problem and I finished the task quicker than I would've without your advice, but I was wonderign if I did something wrong?

Well, personally, I find an SGS enough to get by. Nechryaels do hit extremely high, and have Death spawns to assist them, so you can expect to get hit quite a bit. I would personally use Guthans if you must, it's better than a Bunyip. A wolpertinger adds much moer combat xp that you would lose from using a Bunyip.

Another alternative is to use a Combat familiar until you are out of food, then you switch it for a Healer when you are out of food. Whichever suits you, but both is by far better than using a Bunyip the whole task.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

Well, personally, I find an SGS enough to get by. Nechryaels do hit extremely high, and have Death spawns to assist them, so you can expect to get hit quite a bit. I would personally use Guthans if you must, it's better than a Bunyip. A wolpertinger adds much moer combat xp that you would lose from using a Bunyip.

Another alternative is to use a Combat familiar until you are out of food, then you switch it for a Healer when you are out of food. Whichever suits you, but both is by far better than using a Bunyip the whole task.

I'm 10M away from an SGS I think, and I was going to buy one anyway. I can wait until that cash comes in I think. :)

BTW, when I get an SGS do I use that for specs instead of a DDS? Bit of a nobrainer but I thought I'd check. :P

These are now the WORST task in the game! Seriously, there is no reason to do this. To stress this out even more, I'm not going to write a guide on them. They are just THAT bad. You'll be spending all day trying to finish this task.

I second this, did the Steel Dragon task from Hell today ran out of runes five times and got killed almost twice due to getting too close to the dragons. Next time Duradel gives them to me, I'm blocking it. Might do the same for Iron's too. I'm tired of that walk.

Alak_Goury.png

I'm not playing right now, but I'll be back

The best song in RuneScape.

Just a correction:

First, teleport to Barbarian outpost using your dueling ring

Well, the barbarian outpost teleport is the lunar magic and the games necklace only.

But, great guide :thumbsup:

R_Silkwood.png

@santana_raphael

I'm retired from Runescape due to my really bad connection, maybe coming back soon

I really hate how you just turn your opinion of something into a "case closed" subject.

And plus, ring of life is much, much, MUCH more neccessary than a ring of wealth. Especially with a bad internet connection.

And also, you should list that the main way people get 99 untrimmed slayer is by addint combat magic into it aswell. (including a cannon so your hp level isnt too high too)

I dont need a siggy no moar.

I really hate how you just turn your opinion of something into a "case closed" subject.

And plus, ring of life is much, much, MUCH more neccessary than a ring of wealth. Especially with a bad internet connection.

And also, you should list that the main way people get 99 untrimmed slayer is by addint combat magic into it aswell. (including a cannon so your hp level isnt too high too)

Which part so I can correct it? And I've lagged out many, many times, but I lost ~0-20 life each. I wouldn't use a life at normal monsters, but maybe at Scarabites and the like.

inuyashakent-2.png

There's 2 there, one I forgot and the other is about the Whip v GS. I dont remember where but I think its under something like equipment.

Either way it's really on yourself. If you have a nice attack and strength level, either work, even though the whip is much better in means of fighting in general; any godsword can be used for a low-defence slayer monster. (I'd love to use a GS on bloodvelds. Not many shields really help on magic defence anyway)

Imo Kent to make the guide slightly better make a list of Ring of life / Ring of wealth tasks.

Ones where you can die quick if you lag and dont prayflick or run out, and ones where their attack is so low you honestly need nothing but a better item to allow the drops to be nice.

@ Steel dragons.

Make a guide - seriously. The guide would only be like 5 lines long. Only decent way to kill these is by magic (fire bolt). It's really the only one that costs money, yet can give epic rewards.

Plus, if you give people a way to kill these then I assure you, people will thank you.. eventually.

Here's my example:

Wearing your best MAGIC ATTACKING GEAR, with a decent staff (either air or fire is usually best), a glory or fury necklace, along with infinity boots, and chaos gauntlets, (DO NOT FORGET ANTI DRAGONFIRE SHIELD), These should be extremely easy to kill - The best thing to bring is a load of antifire potions with maybe ~4 monkfish (or higher) food. This is one of the only tasks where magic is one of the better solutions. :thumbup:

My friend got an easy 1.1m task there.

Almost every one he's had he's gotten a dragon item.

I really hate how you just turn your opinion of something into a "case closed" subject.......

@ Steel dragons.

Only decent way to kill these is by magic (fire bolt).

So I guess it's a 'case closed', eh?

@Kent: In Brimhaven dungeon where the fire giants are, I've found that wild dogs rarely go near the southern spawn, so maybe that's a viable training option? And with a bit of practice you can trap wild dogs behind fire giants until they're not agressive. And I've always been able to find uncrowded worlds for any task, but maybe that's because of time differences.

Also, what do you mean when you say you have to telegrab the charms from hellhounds?

There's 2 there, one I forgot and the other is about the Whip v GS. I dont remember where but I think its under something like equipment. The whip is superior in all cases of Slayer, so it is a closed case.

Either way it's really on yourself. If you have a nice attack and strength level, either work, even though the whip is much better in means of fighting in general; any godsword can be used for a low-defence slayer monster. (I'd love to use a GS on bloodvelds. Not many shields really help on magic defence anyway) Opinion if you like to see big hits, but damage wise, whip always comes up on top, unless you're doing something like GWD.

Imo Kent to make the guide slightly better make a list of Ring of life / Ring of wealth tasks. Maybe, but there is no task where a life is preferable to the Warrior/Berserker, unless your internet is that bad. I will most likely add a little bit where it says that Life is an option for those tasks.

Ones where you can die quick if you lag and dont prayflick or run out, and ones where their attack is so low you honestly need nothing but a better item to allow the drops to be nice.

@ Steel dragons.

Make a guide - seriously. The guide would only be like 5 lines long. Only decent way to kill these is by magic (fire bolt). It's really the only one that costs money, yet can give epic rewards.

Plus, if you give people a way to kill these then I assure you, people will thank you.. eventually.

Here's my example:

Wearing your best MAGIC ATTACKING GEAR, with a decent staff (either air or fire is usually best), a glory or fury necklace, along with infinity boots, and chaos gauntlets, (DO NOT FORGET ANTI DRAGONFIRE SHIELD), These should be extremely easy to kill - The best thing to bring is a load of antifire potions with maybe ~4 monkfish (or higher) food. This is one of the only tasks where magic is one of the better solutions. :thumbup:

My friend got an easy 1.1m task there.

Almost every one he's had he's gotten a dragon item. You don't understand. They really suck that bad.

inuyashakent-2.png

I know they suck but you can leech a few hundred k off them with alchs alone. ;)

Although very slow once again its a very mageable task.

P.S. @ meleeing them. That screws you up imo.

EDITRLY: The whip isnt simply better, its just better in a majority of tasks. And since slayer is pretty much randomly generated tasks, you never know.

Though the whip does win epic styles.

If they do Mazchna :XD::XD:

Just try it anyway, knowing you you'll say its bad, but... I found it kinda good.

Cannonable,

Familiarable,

etc-able.

And mage doesnt exactly splash on them too much. Wave hits nice (yet expensive)

I wouldnt block steel drags anyway

EDITRLY: I also wouldnt block kalphites, but thats just me \'

It's not as a no-brainer as one might think, as DDS is really powerful for 30k... but yeah, SGS comes out on top.

Yeah the price difference is insane :D

Thoroughly retired, may still write now and again

1 fire bolt = about 140 gp

1 fire wave = about 300 gp, more accurate and harder hitting and speeds up so that this task isnt so long and boring

id bet that you could take out a steel dragon in half as many fire waves as with fire bolt, meaning about same cost wise per dragon and ones faster

even claws might spice up this task since 1 claw costs about 600 and hits double fire bolt and about double accurace, i bet if u take down a steel in 50 fire bolts you could take it down in 30 waves and 20 claws max

a_final_name.png

1 fire bolt = about 140 gp

1 fire wave = about 300 gp, more accurate and harder hitting and speeds up so that this task isnt so long and boring

id bet that you could take out a steel dragon in half as many fire waves as with fire bolt, meaning about same cost wise per dragon and ones faster

even claws might spice up this task since 1 claw costs about 600 and hits double fire bolt and about double accurace, i bet if u take down a steel in 50 fire bolts you could take it down in 30 waves and 20 claws max

Who says claws is twice as accurate as fire bolt?

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

You have Spirit Dagannoth max hit listed as 14. It is 16 with normal hit, 18 with scroll I believe. Scroll is the one I'm not sure on, but its either 18 or 19 -- I can confirm 18 on the scroll. The normal hit is definitely right -- I saw it hit a 16 with a normal hit, and Jard Y Dooku's says the max is 16. And I saw it hit an 18 with the scroll -- actually, it hit a 14-16-18 on a fire giant O.O

Spirit Dagannoths are one of the best familiars out there... and for 500 gp per pouch, 30 gp per scroll, I definitely will be using them a lot until 89. I mean seriously, thats hardly any money! Even to use the scrolls!

And I believe theres no scroll delay at all on the attacks, thus why I hit a 14-16-18. But I don't know if you can hit with whip while using scrolls -- I was seeing how fast the dagannoth could kill a fire giant. It really didn't take long -- they really are damn good for a 500 gp pouch/30 gp scroll. And its a 62 minute timer, too... I can just go on and on about this, but simply put, I'm damn glad I got 83 summoning XD

Glad to see the guide coming along so well, by the way. Never would have given a thought to spirit dagannoth until you mentioned it though :P

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

There's 2 there, one I forgot and the other is about the Whip v GS. I dont remember where but I think its under something like equipment. The whip is superior in all cases of Slayer, so it is a closed case.

Congratulations, you're wrong. Godsword is better vs Dark Beasts by a mile.

Mik2thekel.png

^TY?

I do find Kent to be extremely one-sided most of the time and never takes other peoples sides into his head.

Must be why he doesnt update his guides with other peoples info.

Congratulations, you're wrong. Godsword is better vs Dark Beasts by a mile.

Actually, with a Black/Slayer mask it is faster. Without, it is equal.

^TY?

I do find Kent to be extremely one-sided most of the time and never takes other peoples sides into his head.

Must be why he doesnt update his guides with other peoples info.

I don't update it because I'm putting it off till later.

inuyashakent-2.png

very nice :shock:

but kurasks would be nice?

10/10 anyhow.

Ryan31rjk.png

[hide=]24x Dboots/28x Whips/6x Dbows

50+ Dk drops

99 Cooking achieved 25th of Janurary #52114 to 99.

99 Hunter achieved 21st Feburary #7216 to 99.

99 Defence achieved 7th July #48009 to 99.

99 Hitpoints achieved 5th August #60299 to 99.

99 Attack achieved 14th August #70001 to 99.

99 Strength achieved 2nd September #100069 to 99. [/hide]

No Charms!

They were until recently very great for money. Now, they are only decent, and only drop charms.

What? They are a quite consistent 400k per hour profit. That's probably a better average than most people's luck at GWD. Also, shouldn't really say that they only drop charms now!

No Charms!

They were until recently very great for money. Now, they are only decent, and only drop charms.

What? They are a quite consistent 400k per hour profit. That's probably a better average than most people's luck at GWD. Also, shouldn't really say that they only drop charms now!

Should be doesn't drop charms... it's a typo. And 400k/hour is great, especially considering it's a Slayer task. However, before they were A LOT better, and you can make by far more money at GWD. Luck is another word for math in Runescape. I could have phrased the "decent" part better, though. Thanks.

very nice :shock:

but kurasks would be nice?

10/10 anyhow.

Sumona. I'm not sure if I should add it... but not anytime soon, I havn't even logged on Runescape in weeks. Busy.

inuyashakent-2.png