Kent's guide to Slayer mastery! NEW SECTION!!!

Inuashakent

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'These are only a high priority block unless you aren't 127 combat! '

this was written in your slayer points section, in the 'what to cancel/block' under greater demons. This sentence says that if you are under 127 combat don't block them? that doesn't make sense because you should block unless you are over lvl 127 combat due to the wild dogs.

it should say:

'These are only a high priority block unless you are 127 combat! '

but other than that, a very good guide :thumbsup:

[spoiler=Sig]oliboli1992.png

Oliboli1992.png

I like to think of the Dark Bow like a Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG) - you get one shot and then you're screwed.

Great guide, but there really is no need to protect pray at suquas.

I cannoned 52 of them and I used enchanted exalibur spec and void snpinner and 2 extra pinnaple pizzas.

You could just use bunyip or an inventory of monkfishes and combat familiar.

Edit: Did another task of 76 without praying no problem.

Nice guide.

Btw Aberrant Spectres do drop mystic robes in the slayer tower ive got 2 already in the task i'm doing at the moment.

Runescape - Currently In-active and a cancelled membership due to a broken computer and a cabbage laptop!

2xBarrowsReward

1600SkillTotalReached|08/05/2010

(Previously 'Darkknightider', wow that was a bad name :p)

hmm

I just noticed something...

If you have an undead task, wouldn't the salve amulet (e) be better? Salve amulet (e) gives 20% attack and strength, whereas the Slayer Helm/Mask gives only 15%. Also, Void melee stacks with Salve amulet (e), so wouldn't that make it even more superior on undead tasks? Then again, Void melee has little defense, and maybe slayer helm, fury, bandos top/legs and barrow gloves are better than void melee + salve (e).

still, worth a thought ::'

Ss4goku264.png

ss4goku264.png

The bonuses from the fury are too great to sacrifice for the necklace spot for 5%, especially since most undead tasks require a slayer helm anyway, such as spectres or banshees. so 5% bonus to atk/str or 10+ to attack 8+ to str and 15 defence bonuses.

Hiya kent, I would like to recommend that you re-look your point about cannoning black demons at tavernly. While I do not have a picture for proof, I did try it out. I killed about 170 black demons during the entire duration. Surprisingly, the black demons do drop a decent amount of crimsons. At the end of the trip, I had about 65 crims, 20ish golds, 15ish greens, and 3 blues charms. Please try it out and perhaps, come out with another evaluation?

Thanks! Great guide by the way.

v7hblz.jpg

#3325 to 99 Smithing #4332 to 99 Herblore

Hiya kent, I would like to recommend that you re-look your point about cannoning black demons at tavernly. While I do not have a picture for proof, I did try it out. I killed about 170 black demons during the entire duration. Surprisingly, the black demons do drop a decent amount of crimsons. At the end of the trip, I had about 65 crims, 20ish golds, 15ish greens, and 3 blues charms. Please try it out and perhaps, come out with another evaluation?

Thanks! Great guide by the way.

That was written before an update that made charm drops consistent between all black demons.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned or pointed out before but your reason to cancel/block hell hounds is completely outdated. If you go to Taverly dungeon to slay hell hounds almost all reasons you gave are negated.. There are plenty there so even if there is another person at the spot you normally won't have to world hop. As far as having to telegrab.. i'm not even sure where you got this from because even if you were to kill them in the Ardougne you don't have to telegrab charms if you have done the quests.

Wow Kent, VERY nice guide. although, I have 1 suggestion. In the Zamorak Spiritual mage section, I'd suggest using a Zamorak stole instead of a Zamorak robe bottoms. It has a very nice prayer bonus and since you will be using prayer while killing them, it will help a lot. :thumbsup:

iKlLL3R.png

The bonuses from the fury are too great to sacrifice for the necklace spot for 5%, especially since most undead tasks require a slayer helm anyway, such as spectres or banshees. so 5% bonus to atk/str or 10+ to attack 8+ to str and 15 defence bonuses.

But remember he is also saying to use void.

So it would be Void + Salve (e) vs. Slayer Helm + Fury + Barrows/Bandos + Barrows Gloves.

Still doesn't seem worth it imo, esp. since you're giving up a lot of defense.

But remember he is also saying to use void.

So it would be Void + Salve (e) vs. Slayer Helm + Fury + Barrows/Bandos + Barrows Gloves.

Still doesn't seem worth it imo, esp. since you're giving up a lot of defense.

However, if you had an undead task where you were going to pray anyway (like Aberrant Spectres), defense wouldn't matter. Then it would be:

Void + Salve(e) vs. Slayer helm + Fury + Barrow gloves + (Torso + Tasset)/(Proselyte Top + Bottom)

When comparing these, you'd have to consider the attack bonuses, but also prayer or food used. Therefore I think the only way to find out which is better, is to test it out. So, next time time you get an Aberrant task, keep track of how long the task took you and how much you spend on supplies.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...