Slayer Sucks

compfreak847

I'm not really here to argue your topic, and I definitely haven't read the huge amounts of pages of replies. I love slayer. It's my favourite skill. \' The reason people say to train combat via slayer is because if you go to train slayer AFTER maxing your combat? It's basically a lot of wasted experience. But ultimately, the choice is up to you. You never have to train slayer if you don't want too. That's just the main reason people say to train combat with slayer, not because it's great exp. We all know it's not. :P Slayer is just awesome fun for some of us, awesome money for some of us, and the boringest, worst thing ever to others. Also, if you're getting all those horrible tasks? Switch which slayer master you use. You don't always have to use the "best" one just cause you can. Use whichever one gives you the funner tasks.

Training slayer after 90 is also wasted experience, isn't it? If you were going to get 99 slayer, you're already planning on getting experience that's meaningless except as a status symbol. If that's the case, what's wrong with getting straight 99s in melee, range, prayer, and/or summoning beforehand to achieve the fastest possible slayer xp, and then using slayer to raise your rank in the hiscores?

Training it to 90 is wasted experience. I lean more to slayer train to "get all stats maxed and use tog/lamps/books to raise it"

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Pureprayer, you're awesome.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are many parts of your post that I agree on. For instance the XP/hour for slayer does indeed, suck, compared to other methods of training. And the profit/hour? Yeah it's terrible. I get excited when I make ~200k off of a 2 hour black demon task when I easily make an upwards of 600k from an hour of meleeing green dragons.

Now, I don't want to go into the whole 'slayer is fun' deal, because that's an opinion that changes among different people. But for me, slayer is just a alternative for training when I don't feel like camping at the SOS or Zombie Monkeys(haven't tried these yet anyway). I like slayer for a bit of variation every now and then. But like you said, when you start hitting streaks of bad tasks with little slayer points to spend on skipping them... well slayer just ends up being a pain in rear and I'd rather go and train on something else.

Off Topic: It's been awhile since I've seen such a well-formed, well thought out rant like this. Nice post.

Pirate Rosetta stone. Learn a language while you scape.

Sounds interesting, but these days how many people really speak Pirate?

287 Gotta agree slayer is inefficient for melee, summoning, range, and profit, unless you're gonna get 99 slayer anyway. Personally I found Sumona's tasks a bit less annoying but Duradel is better for slayer xp so I switched. I enjoy slayer alot of the time and I am working to a 99 so I'll stick to it.

chaosoffar.png

NOTE: I am not saying I am right and you are wrong, here is just why I like slayer.

Put the letters two, eight, and seven in the first three digits of your reply to prove you actually read what I typed.

Uh, 2,8 and 7 are actually numbers not letters. I do agree that slayer is a slow method for training melee but I still like to do it now as it also helps train summoning (although not most effective way of getting charms, I know!) as well as other skills. I have tried armored zombies (never tried zombie monkeys) and for xp it is awesome, just a tad boring, I guess I have a short attention span and killing anything for more than a couple of hours is difficult for me. I even find myself splitting some tasks in 2 and doing something else. At armored zombies I usually only last for 44 minutes (a bunyip) before getting bored and moving on lol.

Here is why I like slayer:

Training slayer:

--Slayer

--Combat method (currently strength for me)

--Hitpoints

--summoning

--prayer (i bury all big and bank dragon bones for gilded alters)

--crafting - bit of a stretch I know (I guess with gems although just a bit)

--others (I am sure some would argue others skills as well)

Zombie Monkeys:

--Combat skill

--HP

But hey, everything is a trade off, if there is one best way of doing stuff, everyone would do it. It's what's nice about Runescape, we have choices and alternative ways of doing things.

chris_924.png

I'm not really here to argue your topic, and I definitely haven't read the huge amounts of pages of replies. I love slayer. It's my favourite skill. \' The reason people say to train combat via slayer is because if you go to train slayer AFTER maxing your combat? It's basically a lot of wasted experience. But ultimately, the choice is up to you. You never have to train slayer if you don't want too. That's just the main reason people say to train combat with slayer, not because it's great exp. We all know it's not. :P Slayer is just awesome fun for some of us, awesome money for some of us, and the boringest, worst thing ever to others. Also, if you're getting all those horrible tasks? Switch which slayer master you use. You don't always have to use the "best" one just cause you can. Use whichever one gives you the funner tasks.

Training slayer after 90 is also wasted experience, isn't it? If you were going to get 99 slayer, you're already planning on getting experience that's meaningless except as a status symbol. If that's the case, what's wrong with getting straight 99s in melee, range, prayer, and/or summoning beforehand to achieve the fastest possible slayer xp, and then using slayer to raise your rank in the hiscores?

Nothing wrong with that, except you will get 99 slayer (or your desired slayer level) much later than if you trained your combat along with training slayer. It's a matter of choice at this point. Lots of skills are wasted experience past their max achievement if we follow that chain of thought. I.e farming at 85, crafting at 90...

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

Am I the only one wondering why, if the skill sucks so much, the OP has gotten 7 levels in it since posting this thread? :?

I find your XP calculations to be lacking. Not that that necessarily means your point is wrong, but you seem to be basing your conclusions on faulty logic. For example, you say "Never range slayer." Even though some slayer tasks are excellent ranged XP per hour. If I get a task of bloodvelds, I'm going to range it. But just because I went and ranged the bloodvelds doesn't mean that I'm going to range the next task. Part of maximizing efficiency of combat and slayer XP while completing tasks is to know how to most effectively and quickly kill the monsters you've been assigned. To properly calculate the XP, you have to take into account that someone who only ranges certain tasks is training at an XP rate that is almost certainly higher than 35k per hour.

I also think you ignore how much more efficient things like ring of slaying and lunar magic is to speeding up the time between tasks. Combined with the ability to blaklist, I really think it has gotten more efficient than you give it credit for. And even though it still isn't the most efficient or profitable method on its own, it's reasonably efficient, somewhat profitable, and an excellent method for training combat - as long as efficiency isn't your only goal in playing. And I think you would agre, considering you've been working on the skill since you first posted this rant ;)

Am I the only one wondering why, if the skill sucks so much, the OP has gotten 7 levels in it since posting this thread? :?

I find your XP calculations to be lacking. Not that that necessarily means your point is wrong, but you seem to be basing your conclusions on faulty logic. For example, you say "Never range slayer." Even though some slayer tasks are excellent ranged XP per hour. If I get a task of bloodvelds, I'm going to range it. But just because I went and ranged the bloodvelds doesn't mean that I'm going to range the next task. Part of maximizing efficiency of combat and slayer XP while completing tasks is to know how to most effectively and quickly kill the monsters you've been assigned. To properly calculate the XP, you have to take into account that someone who only ranges certain tasks is training at an XP rate that is almost certainly higher than 35k per hour.

I also think you ignore how much more efficient things like ring of slaying and lunar magic is to speeding up the time between tasks. Combined with the ability to blaklist, I really think it has gotten more efficient than you give it credit for. And even though it still isn't the most efficient or profitable method on its own, it's reasonably efficient, somewhat profitable, and an excellent method for training combat - as long as efficiency isn't your only goal in playing. And I think you would agre, considering you've been working on the skill since you first posted this rant ;)

He is ranting that slayer isnt good xp and should give more... He might train it every so often for the variation.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

If you range bloodvields, assuming you get, say, 60k XP\hour, your missing out on the 100k melee XP you would be getting otherwise. And range can be trained FAR faster (160k per hour, free) then melee, making range even worse. NO slayer tasks are worth ranging; doing so drastically decreases the XP\hour in a skill that is easier to train the melee. I and many other have carefully tested and debated all of the numbers; feel free to read the 30 pages of replys. Also, you obviously failed to even read my first post. As I stated, almost all of my unbers and methods have been updated and determined precisely since then.

Am I the only one wondering why, if the skill sucks so much, the OP has gotten 7 levels in it since posting this thread?

Show me where I say I hate the skill. It's one of my favorites.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Havent been able to post much since I somehow managed to go over the download limit for the month. Highest Ive ever used a month was about 9.6GB, usually using about 7.5 or so. Somehow managed to go over 15 already, no idea how. So it has dropped to dial-up speed, so incredibly slow -.- . Anyway, continuing from my last post.

The time taken to pick up those smaller drops isn't worth it when whipping; no matter how practiced, you lose at least a hit running over to pick up. Hence why the drops don't outweigh the potions, and the boots themselves are only 481k per hour. Cannon has been shown to be inefficient by a reasonable margin at 400k; redoing the calculations at 460-480k would result in very little change, at most making cannon virtually break even. Zombie monkies are significantly more XP then slayer without cannon, being around 10k XP higher then Armored Zombies, as slayer still only offers 65k combat XP (45k for informal training).

Ill put this as easy as I can to contradict your belief here. You say they are not worth picking up as you lose hits in order to do so. Please therefore explain to me how with my (as you have said many times) significantly lower stats and also wasting time by picking up these drops, that I am able to get a greater amount of kills per hour in comparison to you (who as you have stated, does not waste time picking those drops up and has better stats)? Keep in mind you were the one who stated it was 550k per hour originally. I have yet to see where the cannon was proven inefficient.

If no cannon was used on Slayer, it would increase the melee experience per hour would it not (hence also Hitpoints)? So you would therefore not lose much experience in not using a cannon, but I have no results for this. I would approximate maybe 15k or so. That is based on 70k melee experience per hour, which is 23.3k Hitpoints and 17.5k Slayer. Using that ratio it would drop to about 14k Summoning experience also. That is about 124.8k experience compared to the Monkies 143.3k. Monkies lose about 110k per hour and Slayer (as you say would have a higher profit if no cannon was used) would have a positive amount of money, but well stick with 135k anyway (same as with cannon). That still means you need to be able to make over 1.9mil per hour for the Monkies to be better than Slayer. So Slayer is still more efficient unless this number is reached.

The last section shows how unbelievable your rates really are. 65k melee (thats melee not combat) experience an hour, but 45k for informal training? What is classified as informal training? Please explain how some difference here would result in a 20k drop, it just seems impossible unless you are purposely not doing Slayer. Informal in this context means relaxed and casual. That infers you were not being casual in the first place (considering you are playing a game for fun, I would already assume it is to some extent relaxed). What would honestly be the difference? Talking to friends? Well geez, you already do that whilst being formal. There is no way that could reduce the rate by 20k, let alone even 1k if anything. I dont really see anyway that it would drop the rate so much.

Then no alcing drops

This was after it was suggested to use NPC contact. There is no reason to alch the drops while on the task as compared to off. It is just as easy to bank the items to alch later.

Yeah, 65k is for 100% attention and a lot of practice. I get around 45k when informally training.

I addressed this above. The difference here is you stipulated that is requires 100% attention and a lot of practice to get this rate. I wont deny there is practice, but that is minimal. What is there to learn really? Drinking potions and such in between hits? That would affect the powertraining more than Slayer. Learning what to take to each task? Unless you have the inability to convert short-term memories to long-term there is no reason for this to be hard. The outfit is basically the same across all task, which some small changes across different NPCs. Just got Abyssal Demons? Take the standard outfit. Just got Black Dragons? Swap the Rune Defender to a Dragonfire Shield or Anti-Dragon shield and you are set. Got Bloodvelds? Swap to Karils/Dragonhide and back to Rune Defender and your set. If you kill the ones in multi, then instead get Proselyte in comparison to Karils, also bring a cannon and cannonballs. Where is the difficulty? I often do not pay as much attention as I could on tasks but I still get higher rates than you suggest.

u are, i think, the 50th person that calls in the fun factor and that is a factor that has nothing to do with this tread. comp is trying to explain that doing slayertasks isnt a good way to train ur combat stats...

have u looked at his slay lvl? its decent enough to show that he doesnt hate it and on 1 of the first pages he even said that he likes slayer, but that doesnt take away that u can get 30-60k combat xp doing slayer but more than 80-100k xp whill powertraining on zombies...

The mistake here is your use of the word "combat". That is the melee experience, only one part of combat. Based on what I have seen (and the majority of other people) is Armoured Zombies is 80-100k experience per hour depending on stats. Ill base it on my observations of 95k. That means you get 95k melee experience, 31.7k Hitpoints and from the charms about 8k. That is a total of 134.7k "combat" experience per hour. For Slayer Ill again use the number I have stated in this thread over and over (note that I actually get higher but this is the number I have been using). You get 65k melee experience per hour, 21.7k Hitpoints, 12.5k Range, 18k Summoning experience. That is 117.17 "combat" experience per hour. Using the exact numbers, that is a difference of 17.5k in favor of the Armoured Zombies. However, what hasnt been included is the Slayer experience, while not a combat skill it is directly related to combat as there is no other way to efficiently train it. Add this in and there is a 5k difference in favor of Slayer. I just wanted to clear that up.

I lost a lot of money with Slayer. I bring super sets, I pray, sometimes I Mage. You do get money back from drops, but the thing is the chances of that are most likely against you. I've made maybe 10M in drops from Slayer and lost probably more than that. I never got anything better than D Legs.

Im not going to tell you how to train Slayer, but if you are after efficient experience you are better off skipping Steel Dragons. Doing Iron is debatable (with melee that is). Mithril Dragons give the lowest Slayer experience in game, but they are a fun task, takes minimal time and isnt a very common task. So not one to be blocked. Steels however are more common, are very slow experience (about 14k Slayer experience per hour). Irons are about 19k per hour to Slayer, or about 21k with the Dragon Slayer gloves (though I personally dont find the time to get the gloves worth it, it may be for others). They are a reasonable task to do if you use melee and piety though combined with the Slayer Helm. Mage just isnt efficient to use on any task when compared to melee or Range. The chance of making money from Slayer is actually quite high, and it isnt all about the drops. This is due to the Slayer points on average will get you 60k or more per hour in top of what you earn from drops.

I know you meant ranks but there is a flaw in the argument. It isnt about getting the fastest experience, it is about being efficient. That is why it is not worth getting the combat skills to 99 beforehand (except for Prayer). Say you use Armoured Zombies to get, you will get more "combat" experience per hour and hence get them to 99 first, but you sacrifice the Slayer experience. From say about 80-99 you would range from maybe 70k-75k at 80 to 100k at 99 per hour (I got the 75k as an estimate as someone told me they got about 85k per hour with stats at 88). On Slayer you might get at 80 50-55k up to 65k (and higher) at 99 (no idea at 80 stats really, and 65k is the number I have been using, though as stated it is higher for me, also that rate is based on using a cannon, without a cannon the rate is higher for melee).

Using 87.5k as an average for Zombies and 57.5k for Slayer Ill show the difference. Also note for now I am excluding the Range experience. Ill also add in the Summoning experience (using 7.5k per hour for Zombies and 15k for Slayer as an average). I changed my mind, but Ill add it here. Instead the number for Summoning on Slayer will be about 13.75k (making the ratio about 0.95:1). This is due to at 15k you would have got more Summoning experience than Slayer, so I lowered the rate.

Zombies

It would take 126.3 hours to get one melee skill to 99.

Therefore taking about 378.8 hours to get all three to 99.

You would gain about 2,841,008 Summoning experience.

Slayer

I would take about 192.1 hours to get one melee skill to 99.

Therefore taking about 576.4 hours to get all three to 99.

You would also gain in the process, 8,286,272.25 Slayer experience.

You would gain about 7,926,000 Summoning experience.

Hitpoints experience would be the same for both options.

So you are losing out on 16.2mil experience for a gain of 197.6 hours. Using Waterfiends, to get that amount of experience (using 100 crimsons worth of charms per hour at 0 cost, not sure on profit but it doesnt matter) would take about 226.5 hours. Without even bothering to do more calculations Slayer is already better off. Well unless you value Slayer experience as a negative (which makes no sense seeing as it would provide no negative to your account), Slayer is better in that respect.

Kind of a long response to such a small section :lol: .

He is ranting that slayer isnt good xp and should give more... He might train it every so often for the variation.

He isnt ranting for it to be changed. It is about people suggesting other people to train it. I personally think that if an update occurred to give it more experience (for example, on Slayer you get 1.5x the experience as you would without, so 6x per damage, 3x for cannon and 2x per damage for Hitpoints, also increase the experience to Slayer) while increasing the experience output, would ruin the skill. Nearly everyone would be doing Slayer making every single spot overcrowded. The only other way to really increase the experience is to add more NPCs to the list that have a very high experience rate, this increases the average experience rate.

If you range bloodvields, assuming you get, say, 60k XP\hour, your missing out on the 100k melee XP you would be getting otherwise. And range can be trained FAR faster (160k per hour, free) then melee, making range even worse. NO slayer tasks are worth ranging; doing so drastically decreases the XP\hour in a skill that is easier to train the melee. I and many other have carefully tested and debated all of the numbers; feel free to read the 30 pages of replys. Also, you obviously failed to even read my first post. As I stated, almost all of my unbers and methods have been updated and determined precisely since then.

As I have stated before, there are tasks worth ranging. Ranging Fire Giants is 2k or less Slayer experience per hour compared to melee. However, if your stats were uneven to begin with (Im talking long term here), it is better off to get Range experience so that all your combat stats are at 99 before you get 99 Slayer. Ranging Black Demons can be over 10k faster Slayer experience per hour, however you will get less charms (for some reason only a certain graphical type of them drops charms, which just seems like a bug to me). Ranging Hellhounds is better than meleeing them. Even though I personally dont do this task, Range is the better option here.

Dont mention your first post to be honest. There is so many mistakes in it and it is so far behind in information that it almost isnt worth reading at all. This is proven by your last sentence As I stated, almost all of my unbers and methods have been updated and determined precisely since then. Almost all number and methods? Doesnt that therefore mean your first post is useless until updated? I have suggested many times for you to update it. I have said so throughout the thread, not just recently. To even suggest someone should have to read through every page to find one specific piece of information is so far beyond stupid I cant think of a proper way to explain how bad it is. I can even relate it to overall efficiency to prove that it should be updated.

It would take ages for a person to read through this entire thread before making a response, for example Ill say 10 hours (its a lot of writing). So for each person that reads through it, it takes 10 hours. If you did this and updated the first post it would takes 10 hours or less (less due to you already knowing most of what was said). This would make all future people not have to read through the thread. You could say that it is taken out of your time, but is <10 hours better than n amount of people times 10 hours? You would gain better responses to your thread as they have more information. You wouldnt have to effectively ignore what someone says every time a new post is made without consulting every other page. This would overall be better for the entire thread would it not?

ydrasil.png

Ydrasil, I can vouch for the fact that i's very very easy to loose lots of time between slayer tasks.

*Go to shilo*

*get your tasks*

*Refill your pots*

*Change outfit*

If you arent hardcore:

*Look up where you have to put cannon again*

*Check invo again*

*Go to GE to check offers*

Personally I find it hard to be very consistent in slayering, however, that's what makes it fun for me. No real grinding.

I find it also very, very strange how you are getting so much xp when ranging hell hounds. I'm pretty sure a whip, rune defender, slayer mask, and super set blows ranged out of the way. Same goes for fire giants the others you mentioned.

Ydrasil, I can vouch for the fact that i's very very easy to loose lots of time between slayer tasks.

*Go to shilo*

*get your tasks*

*Refill your pots*

*Change outfit*

hardcore

That's not hardcore slaying. If you're hardcore slaying, you are NEVER visiting Shilo. You use NPC Contact, or a Slayer Ring if you must visit a slayer master, which you would only do in the event that you get a task you'd like to cancel, and you shouldn't be doing that anyway if you have four tasks perm canceled.

Banking takes less than a minute if you're organized and know exactly what you need for each task, and I'm not even talking about the FASTEST way to bank during Slayer.

My way that takes less than a minute:

"Task finished" message > grab cannon/drops > break house tab > recharge prayer > glory to edgeville or portal to canafis > grab NPC contact runes > get new task > change armor, grab all necessary supplies > get slaying.

Fastest method (requires bringing a glory to your task):

"Task finished" message > grab cannon/drops > glory to edgeville > npc contact > change armor > grab supplies + extra prayer potion > refill prayer on your way to your next task > Profit.

Being extremely fast during Slayer is not all that difficult. You really only need to be organized and know what you're doing.

Off topic:

[hide=]Compfreak, you remember what happened to Qeltar on the Tipit forums? It's happening to you. Regardless, stick it out. :thumbup:[/hide]

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

As of today I agree Slayer sucks :P

Your next task is 121 Turoths *changes for 19 chickens*

Your next task is 100 Turoths *changes again*

Your next task is 33 Bronze drags *killed one then changed*

Your next task is 121 Turoths :cry:

I'm not exactly a fan of Slayer so I just decided it would be more fun to mage rock crabs and continue Slayer tomorrow :P

Zaroterasu.png

*Go to shilo*

*get your tasks*

*Refill your pots*

*Change outfit*

hardcore

That's not hardcore slaying. If you're hardcore slaying, you are NEVER visiting Shilo. You use NPC Contact, or a Slayer Ring if you must visit a slayer master, which you would only do in the event that you get a task you'd like to cancel, and you shouldn't be doing that anyway if you have four tasks perm canceled.

Banking takes less than a minute if you're organized and know exactly what you need for each task, and I'm not even talking about the FASTEST way to bank during Slayer.

My way that takes less than a minute:

"Task finished" message > grab cannon/drops > break house tab > recharge prayer > glory to edgeville or portal to canafis > grab NPC contact runes > get new task > change armor, grab all necessary supplies > get slaying.

Fastest method (requires bringing a glory to your task):

"Task finished" message > grab cannon/drops > glory to edgeville > npc contact > change armor > grab supplies + extra prayer potion > refill prayer on your way to your next task > Profit.

Being extremely fast during Slayer is not all that difficult. You really only need to be organized and know what you're doing.

Off topic:

[hide=]Compfreak, you remember what happened to Qeltar on the Tipit forums? It's happening to you. Regardless, stick it out. :thumbup:[/hide]

You didnt get me, morningrise.

I was referring to the fact that if you are NOT hardcore slaying, like comp said, "formal slaying", you can loose a lot of time.

It's not really difficult, but like you said, you need to be organised. (which you arent, if you are "formal slaying").

No, I read the entire OP. The 30 pages in between no, I did not read those beyond the first few pages, but thanks for telling me what I have and have not read, since clearly you'd know this better than I #-o

First of all, I don't think my character is capable of getting 100k melee XP per hour attacking bloodvelds. Second, that's a bogus argument. It might hold water if you operate under the assumption that melee XP is worth as much to me as ranged XP, but for many, many players, this is not the case. You can't make blanket statements like that with any kind of authority. These things are far too subjective.

Also, nowhere in the OP that I read mentions anything about 160k/hour FREE ranged XP. Where are you getting that? If this is true than no, you haven't been updating the OP like you claim.

Am I the only one wondering why, if the skill sucks so much, the OP has gotten 7 levels in it since posting this thread?

Um, the thread title is "Slayer Sucks."

No, I read the entire OP. The 30 pages in between no, I did not read those beyond the first few pages, but thanks for telling me what I have and have not read, since clearly you'd know this better than I #-o

First of all, I don't think my character is capable of getting 100k melee XP per hour attacking bloodvelds. Second, that's a bogus argument. It might hold water if you operate under the assumption that melee XP is worth as much to me as ranged XP, but for many, many players, this is not the case. You can't make blanket statements like that with any kind of authority. These things are far too subjective.

Also, nowhere in the OP that I read mentions anything about 160k/hour FREE ranged XP. Where are you getting that? If this is true than no, you haven't been updating the OP like you claim.

Um, the thread title is "Slayer Sucks."

Slayer sucks =/= I hate slayer.

It's just a catchy title. Actually, it should be "slayer sucks for combat xp".

160k ranged xp for free:

Mix chins and aviansies.

(and use your brains on which chin, what prayer, etc)

Look at my ranged lvl, then look at my melee lvls. IMO ranged xp < melee xp. Even though, if you are just a casual player who does bit of this bit of that youll probably get more melee xp, if you really go hardcore ranging it's faster.

Zombies

Slayer

You would gain about 7,926,000 Summoning experience

By saving 200 hours it costs 37.5m but gives you about 5m summoning xp. With 37.5m you can get 9386 crims from bursting and thats 40-41 hours so 140 hours for about 7,000,000 xp in summoning total and upwards to 2m magic xp with 140 hours to spare.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Havent been able to post much since I somehow managed to go over the download limit for the month. Highest Ive ever used a month was about 9.6GB, usually using about 7.5 or so. Somehow managed to go over 15 already, no idea how. So it has dropped to dial-up speed, so incredibly slow -.- . Anyway, continuing from my last post.

The time taken to pick up those smaller drops isn't worth it when whipping; no matter how practiced, you lose at least a hit running over to pick up. Hence why the drops don't outweigh the potions, and the boots themselves are only 481k per hour. Cannon has been shown to be inefficient by a reasonable margin at 400k; redoing the calculations at 460-480k would result in very little change, at most making cannon virtually break even. Zombie monkies are significantly more XP then slayer without cannon, being around 10k XP higher then Armored Zombies, as slayer still only offers 65k combat XP (45k for informal training).

Ill put this as easy as I can to contradict your belief here. You say they are not worth picking up as you lose hits in order to do so. Please therefore explain to me how with my (as you have said many times) significantly lower stats and also wasting time by picking up these drops, that I am able to get a greater amount of kills per hour in comparison to you (who as you have stated, does not waste time picking those drops up and has better stats)? Keep in mind you were the one who stated it was 550k per hour originally. I have yet to see where the cannon was proven inefficient.

If no cannon was used on Slayer, it would increase the melee experience per hour would it not (hence also Hitpoints)? So you would therefore not lose much experience in not using a cannon, but I have no results for this. I would approximate maybe 15k or so. That is based on 70k melee experience per hour, which is 23.3k Hitpoints and 17.5k Slayer. Using that ratio it would drop to about 14k Summoning experience also. That is about 124.8k experience compared to the Monkies 143.3k. Monkies lose about 110k per hour and Slayer (as you say would have a higher profit if no cannon was used) would have a positive amount of money, but well stick with 135k anyway (same as with cannon). That still means you need to be able to make over 1.9mil per hour for the Monkies to be better than Slayer. So Slayer is still more efficient unless this number is reached.

The last section shows how unbelievable your rates really are. 65k melee (thats melee not combat) experience an hour, but 45k for informal training? What is classified as informal training? Please explain how some difference here would result in a 20k drop, it just seems impossible unless you are purposely not doing Slayer. Informal in this context means relaxed and casual. That infers you were not being casual in the first place (considering you are playing a game for fun, I would already assume it is to some extent relaxed). What would honestly be the difference? Talking to friends? Well geez, you already do that whilst being formal. There is no way that could reduce the rate by 20k, let alone even 1k if anything. I dont really see anyway that it would drop the rate so much.

Then no alcing drops

This was after it was suggested to use NPC contact. There is no reason to alch the drops while on the task as compared to off. It is just as easy to bank the items to alch later.

Yeah, 65k is for 100% attention and a lot of practice. I get around 45k when informally training.

I addressed this above. The difference here is you stipulated that is requires 100% attention and a lot of practice to get this rate. I wont deny there is practice, but that is minimal. What is there to learn really? Drinking potions and such in between hits? That would affect the powertraining more than Slayer. Learning what to take to each task? Unless you have the inability to convert short-term memories to long-term there is no reason for this to be hard. The outfit is basically the same across all task, which some small changes across different NPCs. Just got Abyssal Demons? Take the standard outfit. Just got Black Dragons? Swap the Rune Defender to a Dragonfire Shield or Anti-Dragon shield and you are set. Got Bloodvelds? Swap to Karils/Dragonhide and back to Rune Defender and your set. If you kill the ones in multi, then instead get Proselyte in comparison to Karils, also bring a cannon and cannonballs. Where is the difficulty? I often do not pay as much attention as I could on tasks but I still get higher rates than you suggest.

u are, i think, the 50th person that calls in the fun factor and that is a factor that has nothing to do with this tread. comp is trying to explain that doing slayertasks isnt a good way to train ur combat stats...

have u looked at his slay lvl? its decent enough to show that he doesnt hate it and on 1 of the first pages he even said that he likes slayer, but that doesnt take away that u can get 30-60k combat xp doing slayer but more than 80-100k xp whill powertraining on zombies...

The mistake here is your use of the word "combat". That is the melee experience, only one part of combat. Based on what I have seen (and the majority of other people) is Armoured Zombies is 80-100k experience per hour depending on stats. Ill base it on my observations of 95k. That means you get 95k melee experience, 31.7k Hitpoints and from the charms about 8k. That is a total of 134.7k "combat" experience per hour. For Slayer Ill again use the number I have stated in this thread over and over (note that I actually get higher but this is the number I have been using). You get 65k melee experience per hour, 21.7k Hitpoints, 12.5k Range, 18k Summoning experience. That is 117.17 "combat" experience per hour. Using the exact numbers, that is a difference of 17.5k in favor of the Armoured Zombies. However, what hasnt been included is the Slayer experience, while not a combat skill it is directly related to combat as there is no other way to efficiently train it. Add this in and there is a 5k difference in favor of Slayer. I just wanted to clear that up.

I lost a lot of money with Slayer. I bring super sets, I pray, sometimes I Mage. You do get money back from drops, but the thing is the chances of that are most likely against you. I've made maybe 10M in drops from Slayer and lost probably more than that. I never got anything better than D Legs.

Im not going to tell you how to train Slayer, but if you are after efficient experience you are better off skipping Steel Dragons. Doing Iron is debatable (with melee that is). Mithril Dragons give the lowest Slayer experience in game, but they are a fun task, takes minimal time and isnt a very common task. So not one to be blocked. Steels however are more common, are very slow experience (about 14k Slayer experience per hour). Irons are about 19k per hour to Slayer, or about 21k with the Dragon Slayer gloves (though I personally dont find the time to get the gloves worth it, it may be for others). They are a reasonable task to do if you use melee and piety though combined with the Slayer Helm. Mage just isnt efficient to use on any task when compared to melee or Range. The chance of making money from Slayer is actually quite high, and it isnt all about the drops. This is due to the Slayer points on average will get you 60k or more per hour in top of what you earn from drops.

I know you meant ranks but there is a flaw in the argument. It isnt about getting the fastest experience, it is about being efficient. That is why it is not worth getting the combat skills to 99 beforehand (except for Prayer). Say you use Armoured Zombies to get, you will get more "combat" experience per hour and hence get them to 99 first, but you sacrifice the Slayer experience. From say about 80-99 you would range from maybe 70k-75k at 80 to 100k at 99 per hour (I got the 75k as an estimate as someone told me they got about 85k per hour with stats at 88). On Slayer you might get at 80 50-55k up to 65k (and higher) at 99 (no idea at 80 stats really, and 65k is the number I have been using, though as stated it is higher for me, also that rate is based on using a cannon, without a cannon the rate is higher for melee).

Using 87.5k as an average for Zombies and 57.5k for Slayer Ill show the difference. Also note for now I am excluding the Range experience. Ill also add in the Summoning experience (using 7.5k per hour for Zombies and 15k for Slayer as an average). I changed my mind, but Ill add it here. Instead the number for Summoning on Slayer will be about 13.75k (making the ratio about 0.95:1). This is due to at 15k you would have got more Summoning experience than Slayer, so I lowered the rate.

Zombies

Slayer

So you are losing out on 16.2mil experience for a gain of 197.6 hours. Using Waterfiends, to get that amount of experience (using 100 crimsons worth of charms per hour at 0 cost, not sure on profit but it doesnt matter) would take about 226.5 hours. Without even bothering to do more calculations Slayer is already better off. Well unless you value Slayer experience as a negative (which makes no sense seeing as it would provide no negative to your account), Slayer is better in that respect.

Kind of a long response to such a small section :lol: .

He isnt ranting for it to be changed. It is about people suggesting other people to train it. I personally think that if an update occurred to give it more experience (for example, on Slayer you get 1.5x the experience as you would without, so 6x per damage, 3x for cannon and 2x per damage for Hitpoints, also increase the experience to Slayer) while increasing the experience output, would ruin the skill. Nearly everyone would be doing Slayer making every single spot overcrowded. The only other way to really increase the experience is to add more NPCs to the list that have a very high experience rate, this increases the average experience rate.

As I have stated before, there are tasks worth ranging. Ranging Fire Giants is 2k or less Slayer experience per hour compared to melee. However, if your stats were uneven to begin with (Im talking long term here), it is better off to get Range experience so that all your combat stats are at 99 before you get 99 Slayer. Ranging Black Demons can be over 10k faster Slayer experience per hour, however you will get less charms (for some reason only a certain graphical type of them drops charms, which just seems like a bug to me). Ranging Hellhounds is better than meleeing them. Even though I personally dont do this task, Range is the better option here.

Dont mention your first post to be honest. There is so many mistakes in it and it is so far behind in information that it almost isnt worth reading at all. This is proven by your last sentence As I stated, almost all of my unbers and methods have been updated and determined precisely since then. Almost all number and methods? Doesnt that therefore mean your first post is useless until updated? I have suggested many times for you to update it. I have said so throughout the thread, not just recently. To even suggest someone should have to read through every page to find one specific piece of information is so far beyond stupid I cant think of a proper way to explain how bad it is. I can even relate it to overall efficiency to prove that it should be updated.

It would take ages for a person to read through this entire thread before making a response, for example Ill say 10 hours (its a lot of writing). So for each person that reads through it, it takes 10 hours. If you did this and updated the first post it would takes 10 hours or less (less due to you already knowing most of what was said). This would make all future people not have to read through the thread. You could say that it is taken out of your time, but is <10 hours better than n amount of people times 10 hours? You would gain better responses to your thread as they have more information. You wouldnt have to effectively ignore what someone says every time a new post is made without consulting every other page. This would overall be better for the entire thread would it not?

You remind me of a car salesman, disappearing after numbers being negotiated too far down then re appearing trying to argue from the starting point again :-#

Cannon has been proved inefficeint, oh, about, 7 pages ago? Far too much information has been gone over since my OP was made to ever fit all of it back in; anyway, most of the posts are simply rehasing what has been mentioned earlier.

All of those require time to memorize and get used to. Your looking at 80+ slayer before you have outfits for everything memorized. Every task is in a different location, often a changing one, with various ways to get there. Armor and methods are anywhere from similar to very different for various tasks. Rates have already been hammered out for 100% attention, so we needn't argue them. Melee XP>Range XP, as has been hashed out before - using a combonation of avansies and chinchompas, one can obtain 130-160k+ XP\hour, much more then is obtainable with melee. So getting less combat, slayer, summoning, and HP XP to train a skill that is easier is not going to work.

Your entire zombie comparison is off; both my 103k and 65k numbers are for virtually maxed stats, so using 65k as the average for slayer and 75k as the average for armored zombies is worthless. Your summoning XP is also off, it's roughly double what you stated in your methods.

The last section shows how unbelievable your rates really are. 65k melee (thats melee not combat) experience an hour, but 45k for informal training? What is classified as informal training? Please explain how some difference here would result in a 20k drop, it just seems impossible unless you are purposely not doing Slayer.

Informal training, as in, how I normally play runescape. Stopping every now and then for stuff in RL, be it getting a snack or starting a virus scan. IMing and chatting at the same time, sometimes looking stuff up or playing archanists if the task is easy and boring, i.e. cannoning certain tasks.

Basically how I normally play RS, just as I do at armored zombies. The only difference is that zombies still gets me top notch XP for not paying attention, but my slayer XP drops off.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Zombies

Slayer

Kind of a long response to such a small section :lol:

Where are you losing out on 16.2m experience? I must have missed that bit. :-k

Anyway, I was only pointing out that the combat experience after 99 is not necessarily any more worthless than the slayer experience. :?

By saving 200 hours it costs 37.5m but gives you about 5m summoning xp. With 37.5m you can get 9386 crims from bursting and thats 40-41 hours so 140 hours for about 7,000,000 xp in summoning total and upwards to 2m magic xp with 140 hours to spare.

Oops, I forgot about the money. It isn't 37.5mil though. That would only be the case if the Armoued Zombies really were 190k on average (which there is only one person who I have ever seen say this rate, and he is known to overstate rates and make up numbers to try and prove his point). However, still assuming Zombies are 190k, Slayer is 135k.

378.8 hours at Armoured Zombies is 71.972mil gained.

576.4 hours of Slayer is 77.814mil gained.

Using the average of 350 experience per crimson, it requires 14,529 crimson charms worth to make up the lost Summoning experience.

On average for every 1 Crimson charm gained at Rock Lobsters you get 0.5 Gold.

On average for every 1 Crimson charm gained at Rock Lobsters you get 0.25 Green.

On average for every 1 Crimson charm gained at Rock Lobsters you get 0.034 Blue.

That is what I get in my experience approximately.

That means getting 1 crimson charms is approximately worth 350+(0.5*86)+(0.25*150)+(0.034*780) = 457.02 rounded off to 457.

This means you need to get about 11,127 crimson charms (in doing so the other charms make up for the rest of experience to get the same).

You get about 140-150 crimsons per hour, using 650 casts per hour, at the 9 Lobster area.

One cast costs about 928 at current prices.

This means on average you are spending 4,160 per crimson charm (supplies irrelevant as other drops pay for them).

That means to get that amount of charms at that price costs 46,287,892gp.

Add to that the extra money from what Slayer would have got is 52,129,892gp.

Also note that it would take approximately 76.73 hours to complete those bursts.

That means you have approximately 120.87 hours remaining.

If you can make over 431,289 per hour consistently then in the same time frame, you have made the same amount of money, melee experience, summoning experience. You get Magic experience from the bursts and Slayer experience from the Slayer. So which is worth more to you, Magic or Slayer experience?

You remind me of a car salesman, disappearing after numbers being negotiated too far down then re appearing trying to argue from the starting point again :-#

Cannon has been proved inefficeint, oh, about, 7 pages ago? Far too much information has been gone over since my OP was made to ever fit all of it back in; anyway, most of the posts are simply rehasing what has been mentioned earlier.

It is mroe to do with the unwillingness to spend ages waiting for the page to load at dial-up speed. Some cases it has taken over 5 minutes to fully load, others can be alot less. Regardless it is still alot slower with the normal speed I have. It had nothing to do with "numbers being negotiated", that is furthur shown where I adressed them in my post.

I have yet to see where it was proven inefficient. You hvae done nothing but constantly state that over and over. How about you actually show where? Or better yet, post a quote here. With no other way to say this, you clearly aren't as intelligent as you claim if you believe this. I never mentioned to put every scrap of information in. I said to update it. You could start by getting rid of the Zombie Monkies from the 1st post which has quite clearly been shown to be in no way worth doing. There is still some posts that have mentioned them, and are unaware that it has moved beyond that. You could update the rates to what is currently being used. But no... you're right... that is way too much information to add.

If you do update it, you need to stop over/under exaggerating the rates and such to try and prove your point. In other words stating rates which make your method seem better than it really is.

All of those require time to memorize and get used to. Your looking at 80+ slayer before you have outfits for everything memorized. Every task is in a different location, often a changing one, with various ways to get there. Armor and methods are anywhere from similar to very different for various tasks. Rates have already been hammered out for 100% attention, so we needn't argue them. Melee XP>Range XP, as has been hashed out before - using a combonation of avansies and chinchompas, one can obtain 130-160k+ XP\hour, much more then is obtainable with melee. So getting less combat, slayer, summoning, and HP XP to train a skill that is easier is not going to work.

Where did that number of 80+ come from? Oh... you made that number up also, nevermind then. You can't predict when someone will have something memorized. Are you actually going to try and tell me and everyone else that remembering what to take to each task is hard or takes a long time to remember? There really is so little difference across the bulk of tasks. Every task in a different location, you've got to be kidding me. You are now going to try and say that after you do task X at location X, that you instantly forget where it is? Example below:

*Gets a task of Gargoyles*

"Where do I find those?"

*Looks up where they are*

"Ahh, Chaos Tunnels*

*Completes tasks and gets a new one. New task is Bloodvelds*

"Where do I find those?"

*Looks up where they are*

"Hmm, I haven't done that quest yet, so i'll go to the Slayer Tower"

*Completes tasks and gets a new one. New task is Gargoyles*

"Where do I find those?"

That is essentially what you are suggesting. I don't think you'll convince anyone that you can so easily forget where they are. You mention various ways to get there... that is irrelevant really. Person X will use the same method to get there as before unless they are presented with a better method. The different types of armour used across all tasks are really only; Karils, Proselyte, Bandos (keep in mind Karils can be substituted for Black d'hide, Bandos for Barrows, Proselyte to Initate/Monk, this is just personally what I use), Dragonfire shield/Anti Dragon Shield, Defender, Zamorak Robe Bottom. That is all that is needed for every task essentially. Of course there are other armour slots, but those do not change over tasks. There is different weapons; Abyssal Whip, Saradomin Sword (for when the crush style outperforms Whip), Godsword (same reason SS and can be used as speccing weapon), Dragon Dagger (p++) (or similar speccing weapon). There is nothing hard to remember.

There is essentially 3 different armour types to use. One that requires magic defence/range bonus, another that requires prolonged use of prayer, and another that is just standard. The only reason for the SS compared to the Whip is for on tasks where the enemy has a noticeable weakness to crush (Gargoyles and Waterfiends). The Dragonfire shield/Anti Dragon Shield is for tasks where you fight Dragons (that was a hard guess ::' ), a Rune Defender is best used on every other task.

Don't bother trying to mention 100% attention any more. There is no such thing as 100% attention to begin with. The rates I supplied do not require the "100% attention" you keep saying. As has been stated, Melee experience isn't always better than Range experience. The ability to get more Range than melee experience outside of Slayer is irrelevant. Say it takes X time to get 99 Slayer and you get 99 in melee skills but only 95 in Range. Another person takes X time to get 99 Slayer and they got 99 in melee and Range skills because they balanced out their experience gain. So it comes down to you have to spend extra time to get it to 99 after Slayer, and unless i'm mistaken, is inefficient? Don't try and say using Range gets you less experience per hour, it doesn't, as I have shown ain my previous post.

Your entire zombie comparison is off; both my 103k and 65k numbers are for virtually maxed stats, so using 65k as the average for slayer and 75k as the average for armored zombies is worthless. Your summoning XP is also off, it's roughly double what you stated in your methods.

"Your 65k number"... that is comical. Your first post says otherwise. You said the experience rate is 50k MAX at MAX stats and that requires you to be lucky (although where luck comes in I am unsure). I proved you wrong in this respect. I was the one who suggested the average of 65k per hour, stating at the time that I actually get higher. So the 65k was never for maxed stats, and you were not the one who came up with the number. This reply you posted even shows how biased you were. "so using 65k as the average for slayer and 75k as the average for armored zombies is worthless"... please show where I used those as the averages. As for how it showed you were biased? I gave a range of rates which you would get over the course of about 80 stats to 99. That was for both methods. You state here that I used the minimum for the Armoured Zombies and the maximum for Slayer. As quite clearly the the post of mine you quoted shows, I did not. You purposely state it wrong (it could be accidentally, but that would infer you didn't read it all... which if anything is worse), and then expect what you say as evidence that it is worthless? If I had done that, then maybe it would be worthless, but since we know I didn't, it musn't be.

I don't see where the Summoning experience is off. I originally asked you what it would be per hour, you said around 8k I think. My tests showed it was about 8k at the rate I was getting. As was shown much earlier on, Slayer is 18k or so, and I dropped that to 13.75k as an average. So unless the rate of Summoning experience at armoured Zombies is 16k, I am sure this also shows you purposely making up results in order to be right... or you simply never read what I wrote.

Informal training, as in, how I normally play runescape. Stopping every now and then for stuff in RL, be it getting a snack or starting a virus scan. IMing and chatting at the same time, sometimes looking stuff up or playing archanists if the task is easy and boring, i.e. cannoning certain tasks.

Basically how I normally play RS, just as I do at armored zombies. The only difference is that zombies still gets me top notch XP for not paying attention, but my slayer XP drops off.

How you normally play Runescape does not mean every plays it the same as you. Getting a snack... I don't know what you be eating if you did that for Slayer, is it not fair to assume the same for Armoured Zombies? Hence also meaning the rate there is dropped? Starting a virus scan... yep, same can be said for Armoured Zombies. Oh wait, everything you stated can be stated for Armoured Zombies. You can't state it has no affect on Armoured Zombies, but that there is a 31% reduction on Slayer... if that isn't biased i'm not sure what is.

Anyway, I was only pointing out that the combat experience after 99 is not necessarily any more worthless than the slayer experience. :?

The 16.2mil loss came from the Summoning experience and Slayer experience. Technically every skill is worthless however, before 99 you gain ranks and levels with experience as well as increased bonus from that skill (in the case of combat skills), after 99 you only gain rank. So experience before 99 is logically less worthless, if that makes sense.

ydrasil.png

ok well thats 200 hours in that you can make (850k/h) so -7m (the gain from slayer) which you will get 200 and then 40 hours to get extra charms and a loss of 40m at 4k per charm and then get 160*850,000-47,000,000 and get about 89m.

How do you manage 135k gp/h with the randomness of slayer?

Slayer also takes time to get to tasks, stock up for tasks, and get new tasks.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

The 16.2mil loss came from the Summoning experience and Slayer experience. Technically every skill is worthless however, before 99 you gain ranks and levels with experience as well as increased bonus from that skill (in the case of combat skills), after 99 you only gain rank. So experience before 99 is logically less worthless, if that makes sense.

8.29m + 7.93m - 2.84m =/= 16.2m

Anyway, the reason the slayer experience is no less useless than the combat experience after 99 is, see, slayer experience doesn't give an increased bonus from the skill either. After 90 you get no gameplay benefits from it at all, and after 85 all you get is dark beasts, which aren't efficient to fight outside of tasks. 85-99 is 75% of the experience needed to max out the skill, so 75% of 99 slayer is, arguably, just as worthless as experience in other skills after level 99. (I say "arguably" because the cape looks really badass.)

8.29m + 7.93m - 2.84m =/= 16.2m

Anyway, the reason the slayer experience is no less useless than the combat experience after 99 is, see, slayer experience doesn't give an increased bonus from the skill either. After 90 you get no gameplay benefits from it at all, and after 85 all you get is dark beasts, which aren't efficient to fight outside of tasks. 85-99 is 75% of the experience needed to max out the skill, so 75% of 99 slayer is, arguably, just as worthless as experience in other skills after level 99.

Never thought of it that way but couldent agree more.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png