Anti Drug Commercials

redhaloguy

Anyone else think that those new Anti drug commercials are kind of weird and don't prove anything like before where they tried?

I wanted to post this for a while (Beat your wife really?)

If you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

I remember back in school, the walls were plastered with anti-smoking posters and other 'smoking is bad for you' material. All it did was encourage the angsty teenagers to pick up smoking and gain even more persistence towards continuing smoking. It had the reverse effect.

How many people will drop recreational marijuana and the feeling associated just because of a 30-second TV spot? How many people using hard drugs and spending thousands of $ on injectable heroin will just reject their pleasures because an ad at a bus station told them to?

That 'awareness' money could be spent towards rehabilitation clinics and things that actually help. It's like those 'cancer awareness' commercials. They'd better spend it on actual research.

Frankly, prevention is the best way to fight any problem, but you can't tackle drug users with cheap ads. If the people using them have stubborn enough personalities to even consider doing hard drugs, they really wont give a damn about an insignificant small ad campaign against it

I think the ad campaigns make a difference. Drugs, smoking, and alcohol use have gone down over the last decade.

Ad campaigns have gotta have something to do with it, right?

Where are you getting that information from?

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

I am just an interested. If anything, I would assume it's going up. And if those facts are true, I doubt that the cause is ads. Most likely it's because the drugs were made illegal. On top of that, I cannot believe that alcohol use is going down. Not when I can probably name two or three parties a week that would have massive amounts of underage drinking.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

They get ironic. There's one where the dog comes up to the girl and talks to her about drugs. I think most kids will try drugs if they see the family dog will start talking when high, real or imagined.

This is a great spoof on that haha.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

All anti-drug programs, commercial or not, made me and my friends want to do was drugs.

wailord.png

If you choose your beliefs/lifestyle simply based on what your parents want, then you are a weak minded individual and are not even worthy of calling yourself a person.

The Nostalgia Critic had a great episode on anti drug commercials of the 90s, I'll get the link later on. In the late 80s the government had a special children's show on marijuana abuse. It was an hour long, broadcast simultaneously on all 4 major kids channels, and featured just about every major kid's tv show character (looney tunes, muppets, alvin and the chipmunks, and winnie the pooh, etc). The whole thing was hilariously ironic. Bugs bunny sees a drug dealer and asks "is that a joint?" HOW THE HELL does bugs bunny know what a joint is?!?!?! I feel so corrupted... good god, Theodore knows what marijuana is too? He's a baby chipmunk! Then there's some scene where the cartoon characters take on the bad guys. Winnie the Pooh gets his [wagon] handed to him.

How effective was this? I mean, it's basically saying if you do drugs, your favorite cartoon characters will appear.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

2153_s.gif

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. ~Jonathan Swift

userbar_full.png

Website Updates/Corrections here. WE APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT! Crewbie's Missions!Contributor of the Day!

Thanks to artists: Destro3979, Guthix121, Shivers21, and Unoalexi.

I think the ad campaigns make a difference. Drugs, smoking, and alcohol use have gone down over the last decade.

I think you're ignorant. It's been proven that those anti-tobacco/alcohol/drug commercials actually make kids more likely to try said substances. Why else would tobacco companies pay for anti-smoking commercials? Looks good in the eyes of the parents and draws in new customers.

The ones that really get me are the "sunny side of..." commercials. Some of them are so blatantly misconstrued 'facts' (and I use that term loosely) that its almost a downright lie. Likewise the dramatization of them is just horrible, such as the kid who smokes weed and ends up still living with his parents as an adult.

I mean, if you're going to try and campaign this at least put facts out there, even though it really is unnecessary. The hard drugs which are a problem can't be solved by some silly TV ad.

The ones that really get me are the "sunny side of..." commercials. Some of them are so blatantly misconstrued 'facts' (and I use that term loosely) that its almost a downright lie. Likewise the dramatization of them is just horrible, such as the kid who smokes weed and ends up still living with his parents as an adult.

I mean, if you're going to try and campaign this at least put facts out there, even though it really is unnecessary. The hard drugs which are a problem can't be solved by some silly TV ad.

Speaking of hard drugs, I actually saw an anti-LSD commercial the other day. I was fairly surprised to see it but thinking about it I also saw an anti-cocaine commercial as well. All I'd ever seen before in the way of drugs was marijuana. I suppose they did a good job scaring kids away from cocaine as the commercial revolved around some grade school kid being taken to the hospital after doing a single line, but the LSD commercial kind of glamorized the drug by saying things like "being able to hear colors and see sounds." Unless maybe that kind of thing just appeals to me :-k

Anti-Drug propaganda is a load of garbage, I think we all know that. It's a well known fact that Tabacco and Alcohol are 2 of the worst drugs, so it's a bit ludicrous that the Government would be so obsessed with stopping illegal drugs use.

My Last.Fm

LeekSpinner!!!

Random Furry Dance!!!

Proud to hate life, since not too long ago!!!

The majority of them are filled with gross inaccuracies and downright propaganda. I have seen one or two that I think are realistic and effective: they'll show someone being offered drugs and they simply say, "no thanks" and the person offering says "ok". No BS about "peer pressure", no soapboxes about why they don't want the drugs, etc.

Whoa, anti-LSD?

Surely that's the biggest waste of money ever?

Indeed, it's probably the least physically harming drug there is.

...but probably the most mentally harmful

I'd rather do LSD than weed.

I'd rather do both at the same time. ;)

My Last.Fm

LeekSpinner!!!

Random Furry Dance!!!

Proud to hate life, since not too long ago!!!