October 15th 2008 - PVP Worlds + Game Log In Improvements

darkjab

I have to say after having it around for a few hours I'm a bit disappointed (as a current f2p player). PvP seems to be strictly for the melee players, they now have dragon armour, weapons and possibly the specs? Yet magers and rangers get no new armour or weapons, :/

And to Nuke Marine, your data is slightly wrong.

As a 118, I can only attack from anywhere between 102-136.

Dark_Jab.png

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say after having it around for a few hours I'm a bit disappointed (as a current f2p player). PvP seems to be strictly for the melee players, they now have dragon armour, weapons and possibly the specs? Yet magers and rangers get no new armour or weapons, :/

Ok, I'm not physically able to confirm it, so I used a spreadsheet. Some problems with that is if Jagex is using a decimal level system so you could be a 117.83 combat level. If that's the case, well, we'll need to use the combat calculator.

However, you physically confirmed that 137's cannot attack you and you them?

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

Ok, I'm not physically able to confirm it, so I used a spreadsheet. Some problems with that is if Jagex is using a decimal level system so you could be a 117.83 combat level. If that's the case, well, we'll need to use the combat calculator.

seems odd, i'm 134 and can attack 105+

Someone said earlier about it being only melee, and this might just be me being an idiot, but when I logged in earlier, on the log in screen, it looked like one of them was wearing a blue robin hat =/

But like I said, it's probably me being half-blind or something.

seems odd, i'm 134 and can attack 105+

Was your summoning activated? If not, you're likely count as 122+12 or something like that and able to attack 105's until you pick up a pouch.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy

Mweh, this is so not my cup of tea. I doubt that even those gloves could tempt me onto a pvp world. But I'll happily take advantage of a rise in need for pots and food that I will supply from my safe world ::'.

I've racked up 20 K/Os and called it quits. It took me a few hours to do that, running back and forth throughout lumbridge and varrock banks. 2 of the K/Os were in the 10second time.

After accumulating so few kills in cities, I played Barbarian Village guard. My god, it was a slaughter.

top_lel_face.png

I've racked up 20 K/Os and called it quits. It took me a few hours to do that, running back and forth throughout lumbridge and varrock banks. 2 of the K/Os were in the 10second time.

After accumulating so few kills in cities, I played Barbarian Village guard. My god, it was a slaughter.

Rake any good money?

slaytanicc.png

|Tip.it's TOP F.o.G player|Current Goals: 95STR/95ATK/95RANGED|

slaytanicc.png

slaytanicc.png

huh?

2nv5bvl.png
99 Firemaking 30-5-2010 | 99 Fletching 13-7-2014
TET-AU member:6-10-2010 - 21-10-2011

Are the drops worth it for other people? I think JaGEX is saying rubbish about it being profitable. If I wear 200K in gear and die, then I'm out 200k, simple as that. I kill someone wearing about 200K in gear, and what do I get? Bones? Maybe 1 item that doesn't equal anything close to 200K? Another time I killed someone from full hitpoints, and it gave the kill to someone else, with the game saying they did more damage. Nice...

Edit: Looks like i just had some bad luck. Got a full rune kill and also got a warrior ring which looks like it was probably generated from the drop table :)

lol.

pvp worlds are fun.

but i died and lost a dds rune plate black drag vambs and legs.

but i did pk someone for an addy warhammer and a mith chain.

i was surpised i liked the pvp worlds so much.

jagex made the system work really well from what i can see.

i was standing in fally bank and someone with full bandos + arma gs got pwnt and died.

As an f2p player currently (going to members soon it's driving me insane) the level range is 102-136, unless I enter the wildy:

102-136.png

Dark_Jab.png

Are the drops worth it for other people? I think JaGEX is saying rubbish about it being profitable. If I wear 200K in gear and die, then I'm out 200k, simple as that. I kill someone wearing about 200K in gear, and what do I get? Bones? Maybe 1 item that doesn't equal anything close to 200K? Another time I killed someone from full hitpoints, and it gave the kill to someone else, with the game saying they did more damage. Nice...

Im guessing that youre a bank camper, meaning that you camp outside a bank and kill people there. The reason someone else got the kill was because the player you pk'ed had most likely already eaten 20+lobs(whatever food) which means that the other player that got the kill did infact do more damage.

Im going to TM "bank camper" :P

slaytanicc.png

|Tip.it's TOP F.o.G player|Current Goals: 95STR/95ATK/95RANGED|

slaytanicc.png

slaytanicc.png

Hmm, well, I'm going off the part Jagex said that IF a player can attack you then you can attack them. So, a 137 can attack you, so you can attack him.

Now, this has to be tested out. If not, it opens the door for the higher level to have first strike against an unsuspecting target.

nukemarine.png