What if JAGeX went straight from old wildy to new PvP Worlds

electrone0

What do you think would happen?

I for one think prices would have gone up even higher than they were back then and never gone down. I mean look. In the past months prices of food, potions, armours, weapons, etc. have all plummeted. If PvP was never removed from the game the demand would have stayed the same or shot up even more. Then again this is just my idea. Who knows.

Discuss I guess.

08fbca3311.png

Electrone0.png

Winged Fish on a RWT complaint-

There's four complaints on the whole site, one from a mother who was convinced by her son that the RWTers she was buying him items from were from Jagex (and then got scammed and is taking it out on Jagex), two people complaining about having their accounts taken away, and one ranting on the trade restrictions and wilderness removal.

Now just change the background color and page layout, and you have the RSoF

That's a good question! And I wonder what the players' reaction would be? Would it have been for the better or for the worse? I personally think a lot of players would have complained, partly because it's very different from the wild, and RS players are generally very conservative about changes :P (thinks of all the rants when the look of the zero changed...)

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

I doubt they would've rocketed up...Besides edge, most places were almost always deserted (even mage bank). PVP worlds would have only changed the loot, and people would've been angry that they got random drops instead of all of the gear that the person was wearing. Because they added BH and deprived us of the wildy for almost a year, people are eager to try it out and pk once more, so it basically brought the amount of pkers up to a level we haven't seen in 2 or 3 years. IMO having BH then pvp worlds come out was a pretty idea, because it populated the wildy again, and ensured it would stay populated for a while.

croppedskill2ph6.png

621st person to achieve 99 slayer on December 3rd, 2007

177th person to 99 summoning on June 21st, 2008

hmmm so maybe in the end it worked out for the best? Put us in an insanely cheap market in order to boost it up once again later on and hopefully it will last.

08fbca3311.png

Electrone0.png

There's four complaints on the whole site, one from a mother who was convinced by her son that the RWTers she was buying him items from were from Jagex (and then got scammed and is taking it out on Jagex), two people complaining about having their accounts taken away, and one ranting on the trade restrictions and wilderness removal.

I guess the cheaper equipment would have risen even more (rune armour/weapons, dds and other dragon weapons).

But the more expensive stuff like whips would have fallen, because it will be lost directly after dying,

so people wouldn't have taken that much risk any longer, as there wouldn't be any clan members who can give back their equipment.

And also, the rare prices would still be stable, I guess :? .

coenvg.png

Master of Firemaking since 10-11-2007 Yes, I QUIT! =]

Master of Woodcutting since Christmas 2007

Completed all quests - Completed all achievement diaries.

If Jagex had just instantly replaced the Wilderness, the players would be much happier with them than when they just got rid of the wilderness and tried to replace it with a comparatively weak PvP minigame. But it still wouldn't have been completely smooth.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

A good question, and yeah you're right.

The price changes would have been much different, RWT probably wouldn't have ended (as I think it's coming back) and Runescape would be a much different place :ohnoes:

The price changes would have been much different, RWT probably wouldn't have ended (as I think it's coming back) and Runescape would be a much different place :ohnoes:

RWT didn't end. I don't know why Jagex thinks it did. It's ridiculously easy to trade money through BH, or through the grand exchange.

The value of items, for the most part, can not be determined by a central entity. That is, Jagex can say the price of item X is whatever the hell they want in the Grand Exchange, but if the item is to be produced by players and traded between players, they will do so at a price that both parties find acceptable. If Jagex makes this impossible, either A) Players will find a way to "go-around" the system, AKA junk trading, GE transferring, BH transferring, or B) Players will not complete the trade.

Because these methods exist, RWT exists. I know of friends who give you each other stuff using these methods. I have an associate who I believe purchased membership from a such RWTer. There are full RWT organizations still going strong, and autoers have been seen here and there, although maybe not in the numbers from before.

More or less, the same amount of backlash/resistance against the update would have occurred. The type of people that hated those updates would have probably hated the one we have now, so I don't really see much of a difference.

RWT didn't end. I don't know why Jagex thinks it did.

Show me a statement where Jagex definitely said that RWT was killed without question.

The value of items, for the most part, can not be determined by a central entity. That is, Jagex can say the price of item X is whatever the hell they want in the Grand Exchange, but if the item is to be produced by players and traded between players, they will do so at a price that both parties find acceptable. If Jagex makes this impossible, either A) Players will find a way to "go-around" the system, AKA junk trading, GE transferring, BH transferring, or B) Players will not complete the trade.

To begin with, the central entity that defines the value of items isn't central at all - it's the players that do that. It always has been, and even when the GE came out with its price floors/restrictions/what have you, players were able to set the price of trade after repeated use of it. Besides, junk trades have been around for a long time, I'm surprised that no one remembers it.

Because these methods exist, RWT exists. I know of friends who give you each other stuff using these methods. I have an associate who I believe purchased membership from a such RWTer. There are full RWT organizations still going strong, and autoers have been seen here and there, although maybe not in the numbers from before.

Pardon my language, but...

If you know so damn much about this thing, then why the hell haven't you told Jagex how to fix it? Do you WANT more updates focused towards RWT? Or do you just like acting like a know-it-all, and treating Jagex like they're dumber than dirt? God, people like you piss me off...

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

More or less, the same amount of backlash/resistance against the update would have occurred. The type of people that hated those updates would have probably hated the one we have now, so I don't really see much of a difference.

Show me a statement where Jagex definitely said that RWT was killed without question.

To begin with, the central entity that defines the value of items isn't central at all - it's the players that do that. It always has been, and even when the GE came out with its price floors/restrictions/what have you, players were able to set the price of trade after repeated use of it. Besides, junk trades have been around for a long time, I'm surprised that no one remembers it.

Pardon my language, but...

If you know so damn much about this thing, then why the hell haven't you told Jagex how to fix it? Do you WANT more updates focused towards RWT? Or do you just like acting like a know-it-all, and treating Jagex like they're dumber than dirt? God, people like you piss me off...

a) Look at the news update where Jagex says that RWT is finished. #-o

B) Price floors aren't set by Jagex? Junk SHOULD NOT EXIST. If an item is truly "junk", then let it be worth 0 gp. The GE should allow for that. Jagex puts unfair limitations on prices, and sets initial prices on items which may or may not be able to sell AT ALL at those prices.

c) I *have* told Jagex how to fix it. I made perhaps 2-3 posts on RSOF, and they were drowned out immediately by tides of people with the stupidest suggestions possible, so I stopped bothering with it.

1) New items should have no limit on GE offers. That is, you can price it at 5M, but the GE will allow you to offer at 500M, or to sell at 50K. With the amount of offers on new items, people transferring money this way is hardly a risk.

2) GE updates prices once per hour, instead of once per 12 hours or per day (which is what they do now.)

3) For anything that's easily earned (raw materials, monster drops that aren't new), prices change purely based on offers.

4) For anything that's less easily earned, prices can FALL based on offers, while increasing prices stays the same as now. Alternatively, treat the prices the same way as the more common items, and have the GE consistently add some if it seems that one person has monopolized it and is pushing up prices.

5) Take rares entirely out of the market. Have an NPC sell and buy at the current market price, and have that price slowly increase to match inflation. Hence, rares retain their exact value without having to change anything else.

1) New items should have no limit on GE offers. That is, you can price it at 5M, but the GE will allow you to offer at 500M, or to sell at 50K. With the amount of offers on new items, people transferring money this way is hardly a risk.

Uhhh.... Excuse me?

Player A gets X new item.

X new item is worth 10m GE

Player A puts up X new item for 100m

Player B come and BUYS X new item for 100m when he could easily get it for 10m

Now isnt that a little bit suspicious?

RWT.

And seriously this isnt a rant thread. RWT is still out there, and saying that JAGeX made a newspost about it without a link isnt proof. I read EVERY SINGLE NEWS POST, and Ive never seen such a thing that says that they claim that RWT is gone. Seriously stay on topic.

08fbca3311.png

Electrone0.png

a) Look at the news update where Jagex says that RWT is finished. #-o

he asked to be showed, more demanded i guess. But the fact is I have not found a new headline to say what you claim.

also, i have looked in a FEW of the news posts, i have not yet found anything remotely near what you have said, but i did not look amazingly, i did a CTRL F with Real-World, exactly how jagex puts it. and I found nothing similar to them saying that.

4) For anything that's less easily earned, prices can FALL based on offers, while increasing prices stays the same as now. Alternatively, treat the prices the same way as the more common items, and have the GE consistently add some if it seems that one person has monopolized it and is pushing up prices.

but, prices dont fall on sell offers. They SEEM to change on boughten items. So, as far as that goes, it seems your statements are wrong in this area.

I mean, look we dont know for sure, so many people have acess to the GE its hard to do a controlled study, but what we DO know is, that party hats and such have been put in the GE for months and the prices, either jagex adjusts their prices or it takes a long/lot amount of time/offers to actually effect it.

And honestly the ability for someone to claim they change like you have done. Is not at all accurate, it is merely a theory. Especially with party hats, because we dont know if they drop naturally on the GE or if jagex just simply says, lets remove 10mil from this items price.

RWT didn't end. I don't know why Jagex thinks it did. It's ridiculously easy to trade money through BH, or through the grand exchange.

But surely the numbers are the problem? Not the few who could still do so, which wasn't many.

Trading via BH is easy, however only really at higher combats. RWT via the G/E, imo is non-existant, not in any great depth. Maybe a few people could manipulate prices here and there, but nothing serious.

What I was talking about, is mass RWT and people putting money from player-to-player through the new PvP, which is incredibly easy, I assure you.

The simplicity of trading via the new PvP will invite many people to do so, and we'll once again face high numbers.

But surely the numbers are the problem? Not the few who could still do so, which wasn't many.

Trading via BH is easy, however only really at higher combats. RWT via the G/E, imo is non-existant, not in any great depth. Maybe a few people could manipulate prices here and there, but nothing serious.

What I was talking about, is mass RWT and people putting money from player-to-player through the new PvP, which is incredibly easy, I assure you.

The simplicity of trading via the new PvP will invite many people to do so, and we'll once again face high numbers.

Actually, RWT through the GE is considered to happen more frequently than BH transfers. I remember hearing of a method using Red Topaz Machetes once.
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

[hide=Quotes]

Actually, RWT through the GE is considered to happen more frequently than BH transfers. I remember hearing of a method using Red Topaz Machetes once.
[/hide]

Having had first hand experience with Red Topaz Machetes, I know what you're referring to. A friend of mine organized a Falador drop party valued over 80m, having spent about 5m.

This was sorted a while back, lots of price changes were made to restrict this. And to say G/E RWT happens more frequently than BH, sorry but you're ill-informed I'm afraid #-o

I dunno, lot's of complaints but not quite as many. Ha, on a rant i made about changing the graphics of monkfish I got roughly 1200 supporters

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

i think they'll benefit of this way more, simply because think about when an item goes out in real life then a company bring it back, more people come over a short time and people will talk to their friends "DID YOU HEAR PVP IS COMING BACK"?

and when it comes out theyll tell people about it saying OMG YOU CAN KILL ANYWHERE.. so it has its effects this way i think especially with the prospects of the other pvp updates well done jagex :thumbsup:

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Jagex should have delayed the RWT updates until their PvP worlds were ready, then remove the wild, add the anti-RWT and the PvP worlds at the same time. I reckon they would have avoided lots of drama and would have lost less customers.

2480+ total

Jagex should have delayed the RWT updates until their PvP worlds were ready, then remove the wild, add the anti-RWT and the PvP worlds at the same time. I reckon they would have avoided lots of drama and would have lost less customers.
Plus, those they have wouldn't be so bitter or less likely to take their guff. Indeed, they used Summoning to try to entice players to stay and look at how THAT turned out.
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?