Do you follow the PKing "Honor Code?"

Ixindor

[hide=Quote Wall]
Moved.

Not that I've ever really pk'ed, but I hate this system of 'honour'.

It's just a stupid ploy used by people who suck at pvp so they can win easier.

Funny, you feel you can make such a big assertion while admitting you don't pk much? :roll:

It's not so much an honor code as it is just plain respect. Praying in a fight will make no one fight you. Rushing will piss people off (and generally they ditch their usual gear in order to switch to something else to beat the [cabbage] out of you with). Tabbing out is just plain sad (running not so much, with the whole timer and all some will still dislike you for it but the same hatred for tabbers isn't there).

Basically, if you wouldn't want the other guy to do it, don't do it. This is a guideline within reason of course, and that's basically all pkers really ask for (additional 'rules' are agreed to before the fight, usually).

I REALLY don't understand why so many people in this forum think the "honor code" of pking is "stupid", "an excuse", "sad", etc. when really it's just common decency and respect.

I'm sorry to say this, but you are an idiot.

The PKer Honor Code:

Basically standing there and taking your licks until one of you dies. This means using NO FOOD, NO POTS, NO PRAYER, NO SUMMONS, NO RUNNING, NO TELEPORTING.

These are rules both players agree to before they start a fight. Ofcourse they should both keep their promises and not tele or whatever they decided to not do. In a game that is all about luck these rules are kinda necessary. You want a fair fight, and so does your opponent. You may think you are smart by using prayers and safing, but how fair is that towards your opponent who does neither of those things? Now that's honor, keeping the promises you and another player made. I know it's just a game, but there are real people behind every character who deserve to get some respect and honor from you.

You are free to do whatever you like to do, but don't pk if you are going to try to win a fight by breaking your promises. That's just sad.

This man understands where I'm coming from.

So is that a :thumbup: for you?

[/hide]

No, that's a "You're a moron and have no idea what you're talking about".

Lol'd. Love how ix is desperately trying to collect :thumbup:s from everyone when it's a peice of cabbage idea.

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hate to say this, there is no honor in pking. A true fight is with food, prayer summoning, anything you can do to win. Your idea is used in the dule arena. There are no rules in pking :lol:

Best way to put it:

Fight to the death, with everything you got.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

I'm not voting, but I'll say this: The one time I went PKing in a PVP world, I got into one really good fight that raged on for five minutes. Neither of us used protection prayers. Did we agree on this? No, not a word was spoken before or during the battle. Before I died, I did not turn protect item on, nor did I click my house tab. I was so thrilled to have gotten into a good fight, that I felt my opponent deserved whatever items he got from me, and if I had used protect item, he wouldn't have gotten anything.

I believe that this was a sort of unspoken honor. If anything, this is the best kind. It all comes down to one player showing respect for another. I personally wanted a good fight, and I think my opponent did as well.

Perfect example, although most use protect item and just carry something else to compensate for risk factor in loot (when I pk I carry 75k cash because I don't skull as a dharoker, and that cash is to both my and my opponent's benefit).

Your interpretation of "honour" in the wilderness makes me laugh.

Agreed.

Hate to say this, there is no honor in pking. A true fight is with food, prayer summoning, anything you can do to win. Your idea is used in the dule arena. There are no rules in pking :lol:

Best way to put it:

Fight to the death, with everything you got.

Proves my opinion further: skillers don't know [cabbage] about pking. Obviously they use food, nearly everyone uses prayer (boosters, not protectors save protect item), very few people use summoning. And you can do anything you can to win without being a douchebag, ie not tabbing out, not praying against your opponent's attack style, keeping your fight agreements, etc.

Hevendor_Guy.png

rsdeadzm5.png

There's cake through here, apparently.

Actually, I'm going to let this thread die. It can be locked if the Mods chose to do so. I do not support the PK Honor Code. Any of its variations is [developmentally delayed]ed in my opinion. I earned my Prayer Level and I will USE Prayers. I earned my Fishing/Cooking Level and I will USE Food. I earned my Magic Level and I will USE Teleports. I earned my Summoning Level and I will use Summons. If I die, I will not complain because knew going into the fight I could die. If I am losing the fight, and I have a means to save myself, I will use it to get away. I will live to fight another day. I will laugh at anyone that stands there and dies when they had a chance to fight back/flee.

To all you honor PKers...good luck. If you really REALLY cherish your honor so much, take yourself to the Duel Arena. There you can "enforce" these rules you hang your honor on. To those that didn't vote to support the rule but tried to defend your versions of it, you all look like fools. I will be laughing all the way to the (Safe) bank, while you all lose money based on your honor.

Good night and god bless :twisted:

Actually, I'm going to let this thread die. It can be locked if the Mods chose to do so. I do not support the PK Honor Code. Any of its variations is [developmentally delayed] in my opinion. I earned my Prayer Level and I will USE Prayers. I earned my Fishing/Cooking Level and I will USE Food. I earned my Magic Level and I will USE Teleports. I earned my Summoning Level and I will use Summons. If I die, I will not complain because knew going into the fight I could die. If I am losing the fight, and I have a means to save myself, I will use it to get away. I will live to fight another day. I will laugh at anyone that stands there and dies when they had a chance to fight back/flee.

To all you honor PKers...good luck. If you really REALLY cherish your honor so much, take yourself to the Duel Arena. There you can "enforce" these rules you hang your honor on. To those that didn't vote to support the rule but tried to defend your versions of it, you all look like fools. I will be laughing all the way to the (Safe) bank, while you all lose money based on your honor.

Because losing 50k is SO not worth a good fight. :roll: You seem to have a huge lack of understanding when it comes to player vs player combat. Quit stereotyping player killers, it's getting a little tiresome.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Using 'honourable' techniques when you've both agreed to it is fine.

However, I think it's sad when people complain that someone lured them or logged out.

The opportunity is there to do these things. This means that people using them are just being tactful. They are good tactics and stratagies to win fights, which is the aim of pking.

spacescenev24.jpg

:thumbdown:

League of Legends Referal link: http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4e55a571778d2633364408

"Life is short, and shortly it will end, Death comes quickly which respects no one, Death destroys everything and takes pity on no one"

Drops: 8whips, 28dboots, 1hand cannon, 2 dmeds 3dskirts 2 dbows

99s(in order): Attack Constitution Defence

Actually, I'm going to let this thread die. It can be locked if the Mods chose to do so. I do not support the PK Honor Code. Any of its variations is [developmentally delayed] in my opinion. I earned my Prayer Level and I will USE Prayers. I earned my Fishing/Cooking Level and I will USE Food. I earned my Magic Level and I will USE Teleports. I earned my Summoning Level and I will use Summons. If I die, I will not complain because knew going into the fight I could die. If I am losing the fight, and I have a means to save myself, I will use it to get away. I will live to fight another day. I will laugh at anyone that stands there and dies when they had a chance to fight back/flee.

I hope I meet you somewhere in a PvP world and show you what a real pker thinks of "fools" like you. Let's just say your teleports, summons, prayers, and safe bank won't save you.

Using 'honourable' techniques when you've both agreed to it is fine.

However, I think it's sad when people complain that someone lured them or logged out.

The opportunity is there to do these things. This means that people using them are just being tactful. They are good tactics and stratagies to win fights, which is the aim of pking.

Luring? If you're stupid enough to fall for it, oh well. Logging out? Gotta run or tab out for that, and people will hate you for it, but anyone who drags on complaints is just a wuss and looking for easy kills. Everyone will say at least something be it "Sad", "Wtf?", "Wow", etc. but to drag such complaints over your opponent leaving is pathetic.

Hevendor_Guy.png

rsdeadzm5.png

I hope I meet you somewhere in a PvP world and show you what a real pker thinks of "fools" like you. Let's just say your teleports, summons, prayers, and safe bank won't save you.

:ohnoes: :^o :lol:

Emotes. Real clever...reassures me that you are indeed the scum that pollutes PvP worlds.

Hevendor_Guy.png

rsdeadzm5.png

Emotes. Real clever...reassures me that you are indeed the scum that pollutes PvP worlds.

Allow me to elaborate:

You said "I hope I meet you somewhere in a PvP world and show you what a real pker thinks of "fools" like you. Let's just say your teleports, summons, prayers, and safe bank won't save you."

And my response is "I'm so scared of you." :ohnoes: Which I am lying to you about :^o Then I laugh at you and your threats. :lol:

My point has been proven. No one wants to fight your way. 11 :thumbdown: and a big fat 0 :thumbup: for your way. The people have spoken and majority rules.

Do I have to repeat it over and over? You aren't even a pker, so why are you discussing something that only matters to pkers? That's just trolling ...

Idiot(I'll keep on calling you an idiot untill you understand what I mean).

Retired High Leader of the Great Titans

linesig3bv2.jpg

DK: Dragon axe x55, Zerker x40, Warrior x44

GWD: Bandos hilt x2,Bandos plate x8,Bandos tassets x3, Bandos boots x 2, Armadyl helm x2, Armadyl hilt x1, Saradomin sword x3

Dragon drops: d chain x3, d left half x3, d legs x4, d skirt x2, d claws x6

No, you should use everything in your power to save yourself. But soemtimes when I have on some rune armour and have a rune weapon I'm not really carrying that much in value (to me) so I give the other pker the glory of a kill once I'm out of food.

Tbfgraphx14

Happy to find I'm not the only one who eats glass.

My point has been proven. No one wants to fight your way. 11 :thumbdown: and a big fat 0 :thumbup: for your way. The people have spoken and majority rules.

Have you noticed that all of the people who disagree with you are refusing to vote?

Your count is not 11 to 0, regardless of what you'd like to believe.

dgs5.jpg

Do I have to repeat it over and over? You aren't even a pker, so why are you discussing something that only matters to pkers? That's just trolling ...

Idiot(I'll keep on calling you an idiot untill you understand what I mean).

I do PK. Stated that in the other thread. You sir, must not be able to read or something. Better get that checked on...hope its not contagious. Anyway. I do PK (repeated for retention). I've seen these "Honor PKers." They want me to play buy their rules? I think not. Even with "No Prayers Allowed" how the hell am I to know you aren't using Piety? Food only, no Pots...how am I to know you don't have Barbarian Pots (animation's the same...wouldn't be able to tell). I trust no one except my Clanmates and a select few friends. When I see this kind of behavior, I see liars trying to lure me out of my earned equipment. No Thanks. Good luck finding some that will line up for your knock out, cuz it sure as hell isn't going to be me.

It should be noted that when someone says no prayer, it means no protection prayers. Also, I've never seen a player killer ask someone to not use potions.

Who in the world are you fighting?

dgs5.jpg

It should be noted that when someone says no prayer, it means no protection prayers. Also, I've never seen a player killer ask someone to not use potions.

Who in the world are you fighting?

I used to think No Prayer was just Overhead Prayers too. I saw both of these in the last 2 days. Yesterday, World 65 I saw 2 dudes outside Draynor Bank fighting. One guy asked if the other was using Piety. Other guy said yes. So the guy asking stayed in the fight until he started loosing. Then called the other guy a Pray Nub and ran back into the bank. The day before on World 124, dude was outside Fally East Bank asking if anyone wanted to fight. Food Only. No Pots. He didn't get any takers. And got chased off by some other players. But I was thinking to myself, Barbarian Pots...good call buddy. Pretty sneaky.

How many people here like Runescape? By like, that means you have to like it enough to want to perform disgusting sexual activities with the creators of the game, followed by defending it to the death in a roman gladiatorial arena against a WoW player's pet lion with no weapons, armor, or heck, even clothes.

Oh, no one thinks so? Okay no one likes Runescape.

Yup.

That thumbsdown represents this thread.<--- Was for the OP.

League of Legends Referal link: http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4e55a571778d2633364408

"Life is short, and shortly it will end, Death comes quickly which respects no one, Death destroys everything and takes pity on no one"

Drops: 8whips, 28dboots, 1hand cannon, 2 dmeds 3dskirts 2 dbows

99s(in order): Attack Constitution Defence

Honor... In a computer game?

well put

pker's so called "honor" can be roughly translated to "lemme pk you easily so i can get free items pl0x!!!"

they phail

Actually it's "let's level the playing field so that we both have a chance to win. If we play defensively, we'll just waste money. If we're wasting money and not gaining anything, we both lose."

For me personally, it means "let's have some fun. I'm going to turn my protection prayers off because it'll be more thrilling for me, and if you do the same, the battle will potentially be very epic. If you leave yours on, it's just going to turn into another Slayer task where I just whittle away at your health."

dgs5.jpg