Do you follow the PKing "Honor Code?"

Ixindor

Ok, I'm probably going to get in trouble for this, but curiosity is getting the better of me. First off, this belongs in Questionnaires. But which ever Mod moves it, would you mind voicing your option on the poll?

The PKer Honor Code:

Basically standing there and taking your licks until one of you dies. This means using NO FOOD, NO POTS, NO PRAYER, NO SUMMONS, NO RUNNING, NO TELEPORTING. To expand a little: Basically agreeing to some preset rules outside of Duel Arena. It can be a combination of the things listed or all or even none. But staying to the end of the fight, even when you have a chance to get away or help yourself from dying.

You do NOT have to explain yourself in any way. Do you follow this code?

Please vote with a :thumbup: for YES I DO or a :thumbdown: for NO I DON'T

My vote = :thumbdown:

Totals:

:thumbup: = 2

:thumbdown: = 28

*Will update totals with every page that adds on (if it this thread survives that long). Only looking for little thumbs people! This code is not a rule or implemented into the game outside of the Dueling Arena. If you follow this code (or any various incarnations of it) I want to know. So far, only 2 people follow it. Stats prove that it is a not a popular method.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no "code". If you want rules go to the duelling arena. On pvp worlds anything goes.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

There is no "code". If you want rules go to the duelling arena. On pvp worlds anything goes.

:thumbdown: for you then?

In theory yes. But the one and only time I have pked so far I neither use pots nor prayed nor teleported away. My opponent on the other hand...

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I'm sorry to say this, but you are an idiot.

The PKer Honor Code:

Basically standing there and taking your licks until one of you dies. This means using NO FOOD, NO POTS, NO PRAYER, NO SUMMONS, NO RUNNING, NO TELEPORTING.

These are rules both players agree to before they start a fight. Ofcourse they should both keep their promises and not tele or whatever they decided to not do. In a game that is all about luck these rules are kinda necessary. You want a fair fight, and so does your opponent. You may think you are smart by using prayers and safing, but how fair is that towards your opponent who does neither of those things? Now that's honor, keeping the promises you and another player made. I know it's just a game, but there are real people behind every character who deserve to get some respect and honor from you.

You are free to do whatever you like to do, but don't pk if you are going to try to win a fight by breaking your promises. That's just sad.

Retired High Leader of the Great Titans

linesig3bv2.jpg

DK: Dragon axe x55, Zerker x40, Warrior x44

GWD: Bandos hilt x2,Bandos plate x8,Bandos tassets x3, Bandos boots x 2, Armadyl helm x2, Armadyl hilt x1, Saradomin sword x3

Dragon drops: d chain x3, d left half x3, d legs x4, d skirt x2, d claws x6

The PKer Honor Code:

Basically standing there and taking your licks until one of you dies. This means using NO FOOD, NO POTS, NO PRAYER, NO SUMMONS, NO RUNNING, NO TELEPORTING.

These are rules both players agree to before they start a fight. Ofcourse they should both keep their promises and not tele or whatever they decided to not do. In a game that is all about luck these rules are kinda necessary. You want a fair fight, and so does your opponent. You may think you are smart by using prayers and safing, but how fair is that towards your opponent who does neither of those things? Now that's honor, keeping the promises you and another player made. I know it's just a game, but there are real people behind every character who deserve to get some respect and honor from you.

You are free to do whatever you like to do, but don't pk if you are going to try to win a fight by breaking your promises. That's just sad.

You may voice your opinion all you like, but I don't care. So is that a :thumbup: or a :thumbdown: ?

Not here to debate it. Just want to know if you follow it.

Hard to follow something you doubt exists, Fair enough if you want an even fight before hand and you agree no food/pots/tele or whatever, but its not like its a code.

:thumbdown:

Tbh i think this idea of Pking "honour" died along time ago, long before i was playing anyway, people generally do whatever it takes to win and dont care if they break a "code" which means nothing to them.

Theres a fine line between not listening and not caring,

I like to think I walk this line every day.

Pinning blame on Jagex is like trying to put pants on an old man.

You both know he needs them, but he'll just keep dancing around, avoiding them at all costs.

No, it's one of the stupidest thing I've read, if my opponent does it too then I guess I might, but you'd be a fool to stand there taking hits while the other person gorges himself.

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

LOL it will get there. Give it a minute. Why not vote while you wait?

Tell you what, you can even vote for it (and explain your way of doing it at the same time :shock: )

Have a nice day! :thumbsup:

BECAUSE!!!- I hate that right when i kill someone, there I am with like 2-15hp.. Then what do you knw *Bam Bam*.. Yay i just got DDS and died.. thanks to some noob that wanted to kill me. The only "Code" that there should be is that you should try not to kill somone when they've just killed someone idk.. But you guys should get what im trying to say.. Anywho

NO! :mrgreen:

Omg-1.jpg

Pk_i_n_y_o_u.png

I'll explain even though I know I don't have to.

I don't follow this code, I do this to make profit. As long as I see I can't make profit I'll teleport or something.

Getting killed isn't really in my plan of making money.

296kver.png

Credits to Skully Sc for the signature.24picns.png

Moved.

Not that I've ever really pk'ed, but I hate this system of 'honour'.

It's just a stupid ploy used by people who suck at pvp so they can win easier.

Funny, you feel you can make such a big assertion while admitting you don't pk much? :roll:

It's not so much an honor code as it is just plain respect. Praying in a fight will make no one fight you. Rushing will piss people off (and generally they ditch their usual gear in order to switch to something else to beat the [cabbage] out of you with). Tabbing out is just plain sad (running not so much, with the whole timer and all some will still dislike you for it but the same hatred for tabbers isn't there).

Basically, if you wouldn't want the other guy to do it, don't do it. This is a guideline within reason of course, and that's basically all pkers really ask for (additional 'rules' are agreed to before the fight, usually).

I REALLY don't understand why so many people in this forum think the "honor code" of pking is "stupid", "an excuse", "sad", etc. when really it's just common decency and respect.

The PKer Honor Code:

This man understands where I'm coming from.

Hevendor_Guy.png

rsdeadzm5.png

There's cake through here, apparently.

Moved.

Funny, you feel you can make such a big assertion while admitting you don't pk much? :roll:

It's not so much an honor code as it is just plain respect. Praying in a fight will make no one fight you. Rushing will piss people off (and generally they ditch their usual gear in order to switch to something else to beat the [cabbage] out of you with). Tabbing out is just plain sad (running not so much, with the whole timer and all some will still dislike you for it but the same hatred for tabbers isn't there).

Basically, if you wouldn't want the other guy to do it, don't do it. This is a guideline within reason of course, and that's basically all pkers really ask for (additional 'rules' are agreed to before the fight, usually).

I REALLY don't understand why so many people in this forum think the "honor code" of pking is "stupid", "an excuse", "sad", etc. when really it's just common decency and respect.

The PKer Honor Code:

So is that a :thumbup: for you?

[hide=Quote Wall]

Moved.

The PKer Honor Code:

So is that a :thumbup: for you?

[/hide]

No, that's a "You're a moron and have no idea what you're talking about".

Hevendor_Guy.png

rsdeadzm5.png

There's cake through here, apparently.

I'm not voting, but I'll say this: The one time I went PKing in a PVP world, I got into one really good fight that raged on for five minutes. Neither of us used protection prayers. Did we agree on this? No, not a word was spoken before or during the battle. Before I died, I did not turn protect item on, nor did I click my house tab. I was so thrilled to have gotten into a good fight, that I felt my opponent deserved whatever items he got from me, and if I had used protect item, he wouldn't have gotten anything.

I believe that this was a sort of unspoken honor. If anything, this is the best kind. It all comes down to one player showing respect for another. I personally wanted a good fight, and I think my opponent did as well.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.