Do you follow the PKing "Honor Code?"

Ixindor

Honor? What honor?

If you want rules, go duel someone. If you want good drops, prepare to fight without rules. Anything goes, so you'd better come ready for any and every situation.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NO FOOD, NO POTS, NO PRAYER, NO SUMMONS, NO RUNNING, NO TELEPORTING.

huh? I've never heard of such rules in 3 years of full time pking. Oh wait maybe duel arena...

This is just an exaggeration of the so called 'honor code'.

But to answer your exaggerated honor code: :thumbdown:

Anything that was preset: :thumbup:

"I'd rather bear the comments people say to insult ya, then to poison my skin and erase my culture " - Deep Foundation

:thumbup: Would rather die, loosing my last belongings than be a spineless runner.

EDIT: I will do anything to stay alive though(pray, safe) but im not going to run or teleport once i am near death. Il judt take it like a man...

slaytanicc.png

|Tip.it's TOP F.o.G player|Current Goals: 95STR/95ATK/95RANGED|

slaytanicc.png

slaytanicc.png

If I am going to PK, I'm not going to follow some stupid rules so some hypocrites have a better chance at getting my items.

Yeah sure, its annoying when you've been in a long fight then the person teleports but it's even more annoying when I get called a safer for eating, when they do, or when at a start of a fight the person says no teleporting and then does it himself.

Even though I rarely PK (much because of the attitudes of most of the Pkers) I don't see why I should be forced to follow someone else's rules.

So I guess a :thumbdown:

nabsigmar2011.png

[spoiler=My 99s (7)]9,638th to 99 Fletching ~ 29th January 2007

737th to 99 Hunter ~ 2nd July 2007

910th to 99 Agility ~ 28th January 2008

59,467th to 99 Defence ~ 23rd December 2009

92,762nd to 99 Hitpoints ~ 26th June 2010

102,704th to 99 Attack ~ 29th June 2010

144,091st to 99 Strength ~ 29th June 2010

:thumbup:

But he got the code all wrong... no food or pots or prayer? why not just no armor and kick each other to death.

I follow it because it does lead better into fair, clean fight,

I'll provide two scenes,

1. First day of PvP I decide to try it out, bring in rune, nei helm, whip, pots, dds, food.

I head to the ge to varrock west bank safe spot and look around. I'm confronted by a 124 who ask to fight, so I agree, and oh yea I had tele tabs in inventory.

So we both prepare and pot up, and begin fighting, right away I know I'm in trouble because 1. He has better combat stats, 2. I'm a nooby pker, 3. He has vengence and I don't. But during the fight I land multiple heavy hits on him and he dies we both say gf. Now I had no intentions of using the tabs to bs tele away, because again I agreed, and he didn't try anything funny. So if I were to likely die but didn't just die and let the deal go through. But yea again tele tabs does have its pros, after I killed him, a pjer started to burst me, grabbed what I could and teled.

2. Now the 2nd scene, I'm in pking outfit once again, just looking around varrock. I approach a 115, had nearly same gear as me just less cb, I challenged, he had no vengence once again and beat me. Again I could have been messed up like the rest of you who said

[hide=]

:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: honor means nothing if you die

When it comes to pvp I do what I like.

I couldn't care about what other people think.

[/hide], its just seems like your a person who's just looking for a 100% win battle and be one of those people like this sara sword idiot that would challenge me spec me get red bar and run away, but hey that's just me.

Back to the fight, we duked it out, turns out I die could have teled away but didn't.

So even if this code, is unenforceable, and non oral, those who know it will follow it, and those who don't are the ones that ends up being the pjer, 1 itemer, cowards that runs away after eating 4 sharks.

If you tele before dieing out, you may think "booya I just got away from losing 200k", and "I'm teleing because I was losing and I don't care what others think about me". Go ahead and tele, the other person may think badly of you but you don't care, your just being inconsiderate.

Yea and I disclaim English as not my best subject.

The OC isnt that bad of a TV show in all honesty. Infact I wish it would come back, I sorta miss the nerdy geek of Seth Cohen, gave me all my pick up lines at school :P

But yeah.. its not that bad of show!

Jaskkes.png

I follow it because it does lead better into fair, clean fight, ...

"Fair"? I don't call fighting someone with an AGS fair, since I sure don't have one. I don't consider it fair for them to not use their strongest weapon, either.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

:thumbup:

But he got the code all wrong... no food or pots or prayer? why not just no armor and kick each other to death.

I follow it because it does lead better into fair, clean fight,

I'll provide two scenes,

1. First day of PvP I decide to try it out, bring in rune, nei helm, whip, pots, dds, food.

I head to the ge to varrock west bank safe spot and look around. I'm confronted by a 124 who ask to fight, so I agree, and oh yea I had tele tabs in inventory.

So we both prepare and pot up, and begin fighting, right away I know I'm in trouble because 1. He has better combat stats, 2. I'm a nooby pker, 3. He has vengence and I don't. But during the fight I land multiple heavy hits on him and he dies we both say gf. Now I had no intentions of using the tabs to bs tele away, because again I agreed, and he didn't try anything funny. So if I were to likely die but didn't just die and let the deal go through. But yea again tele tabs does have its pros, after I killed him, a pjer started to burst me, grabbed what I could and teled.

2. Now the 2nd scene, I'm in pking outfit once again, just looking around varrock. I approach a 115, had nearly same gear as me just less cb, I challenged, he had no vengence once again and beat me. Again I could have been messed up like the rest of you who said

[hide=]

:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: honor means nothing if you die

When it comes to pvp I do what I like.

I couldn't care about what other people think.

[/hide], its just seems like your a person who's just looking for a 100% win battle and be one of those people like this sara sword idiot that would challenge me spec me get red bar and run away, but hey that's just me.

Back to the fight, we duked it out, turns out I die could have teled away but didn't.

So even if this code, is unenforceable, and non oral, those who know it will follow it, and those who don't are the ones that ends up being the pjer, 1 itemer, cowards that runs away after eating 4 sharks.

If you tele before dieing out, you may think "booya I just got away from losing 200k", and "I'm teleing because I was losing and I don't care what others think about me". Go ahead and tele, the other person may think badly of you but you don't care, your just being inconsiderate.

Yea and I disclaim English as not my best subject.

Good post.

Pretty much sums up the situation tbh.

Especially the bit in red.

Zerker_jane.png

I went f2p pking a few days ago. Had a no armor/no safing fight against another person. We zeroed out on food and prayer before i managed to kill him with both of us having a red bar.

Fun? Extremely.

Would it have been fun if I had prayed protect, kept my armor on and did "whatever it took" to win? Not really.

The fun isn't in winning, its in having an exciting fight.

who brings a gun to a knife fight?

the winner

The guy who is too much of a coward to risk dieing for his honor. He doesn't respect his opponent and thus totally takes away his opponents chance of winning. That's sad in my opinion, I don't care what you think about it. If you really think that taking a gun to totally overpower the other guy, then go and cheat your way to victory. You are the reason why people don't trust eachother. Please be proud of yourself.

By the way, my rsn is oropher84.

Retired High Leader of the Great Titans

linesig3bv2.jpg

DK: Dragon axe x55, Zerker x40, Warrior x44

GWD: Bandos hilt x2,Bandos plate x8,Bandos tassets x3, Bandos boots x 2, Armadyl helm x2, Armadyl hilt x1, Saradomin sword x3

Dragon drops: d chain x3, d left half x3, d legs x4, d skirt x2, d claws x6

the winner

The guy who is too much of a coward to risk dieing for his honor. He doesn't respect his opponent and thus totally takes away his opponents chance of winning. That's sad in my opinion, I don't care what you think about it. If you really think that taking a gun to totally overpower the other guy, then go and cheat your way to victory. You are the reason why people don't trust eachother. Please be proud of yourself.

I really can't wait for him to look at your stats.

EDIT:

If you care so much about not dying, why on earth are you even pking?

Quoted for extreme truth.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Pvp worlds is basically like street fighting, so basically anything goes.

:thumbdown:

Eejits.png

"Football is a simple game made complicated by people who should know better."

Do I have to repeat it over and over? You aren't even a pker, so why are you discussing something that only matters to pkers? That's just trolling ...

Idiot(I'll keep on calling you an idiot untill you understand what I mean).

I do PK. Stated that in the other thread. You sir, must not be able to read or something. Better get that checked on...hope its not contagious. Anyway. I do PK (repeated for retention). I've seen these "Honor PKers." They want me to play buy their rules? I think not. Even with "No Prayers Allowed" how the hell am I to know you aren't using Piety? Food only, no Pots...how am I to know you don't have Barbarian Pots (animation's the same...wouldn't be able to tell). I trust no one except my Clanmates and a select few friends. When I see this kind of behavior, I see liars trying to lure me out of my earned equipment. No Thanks. Good luck finding some that will line up for your knock out, cuz it sure as hell isn't going to be me.

Whoo, retort time again already?

1) You pk with THOSE stats? :lol:

2) "No prayers" means the protect-from-style prayers, not all prayers. :roll:

3) Who in their right mind would fight WITHOUT potions? That's a deathwish.

4) Don't want to be "lured"? Or knocked out? Good, then get the hell out of PvP worlds.

Edit: As a final post on this [cabbage]hole of a thread, I'd guess that 95% of this forum is made of skillers. NONE of you know the first thing about pking. You believe that anything goes is the ultimatum of the rules, when in fact it makes pking not worth it. If both players fight, safe, pray, and run, NO ONE WOULD GET ANYTHING. Your definition of pking is a lose-lose situation, and perhaps that's why you hate it so much. I don't safe or pray because I don't want my opponent to; I want an exciting fight that I can go "Damn that was fun" whether I live or die. If you care about item loss, don't pk. If you care about slightly altering your fighting style to actually give the fight an element of variety and a chance of it ending in someone's death, turn off your protect from melee. Let your health drop below 75%. Don't slam the tab when your chances look bleak. Fight to the death and have fun doing it. And, if making the match a 0-fest and a stalemate is fun to you, don't drag real pkers down with you.

Your "honor code" is complete BS. A farce pulled out of your [wagon] to troll pkers and make an argument appealing to the skiller-engorged forum that this is. I'm headed back to RSC, at least more than 10ish people know a few things about pking there.

Hevendor_Guy.png

rsdeadzm5.png

There's cake through here, apparently.

This means using NO FOOD, NO POTS, NO PRAYER, NO SUMMONS, NO RUNNING, NO TELEPORTING.

That's nowhere near the honor code.

1. Of course you can use food, that'd be just plain stupid otherwise. The honor code is not safing.

2. Everyone uses pots...Have you ever seen MB inventories for most people? it's like 8 brews and 4 sharks.

3. No protection prayer, but you can piety/protect item

4. Hardly anyone uses familiars when pking (unless maybe at mage bank, I haven't been there much since pvp)

5. A little bit shaky on this one, but i'm pretty sure you can run with no food

6. That's basically right

If it's all the things you said, then :thumbdown:

If it's closer to the things I said :thumbup:

croppedskill2ph6.png

621st person to achieve 99 slayer on December 3rd, 2007

177th person to 99 summoning on June 21st, 2008

[hide=Quotes and Namecalling]

Do I have to repeat it over and over? You aren't even a pker, so why are you discussing something that only matters to pkers? That's just trolling ...

Idiot(I'll keep on calling you an idiot untill you understand what I mean).

I do PK. Stated that in the other thread. You sir, must not be able to read or something. Better get that checked on...hope its not contagious. Anyway. I do PK (repeated for retention). I've seen these "Honor PKers." They want me to play buy their rules? I think not. Even with "No Prayers Allowed" how the hell am I to know you aren't using Piety? Food only, no Pots...how am I to know you don't have Barbarian Pots (animation's the same...wouldn't be able to tell). I trust no one except my Clanmates and a select few friends. When I see this kind of behavior, I see liars trying to lure me out of my earned equipment. No Thanks. Good luck finding some that will line up for your knock out, cuz it sure as hell isn't going to be me.

Whoo, retort time again already?

1) You pk with THOSE stats? :lol:

2) "No prayers" means the protect-from-style prayers, not all prayers. :roll:

3) Who in their right mind would fight WITHOUT potions? That's a deathwish.

4) Don't want to be "lured"? Or knocked out? Good, then get the hell out of PvP worlds.

Edit: As a final post on this [cabbage] of a thread, I'd guess that 95% of this forum is made of skillers. NONE of you know the first thing about pking. You believe that anything goes is the ultimatum of the rules, when in fact it makes pking not worth it. If both players fight, safe, pray, and run, NO ONE WOULD GET ANYTHING. Your definition of pking is a lose-lose situation, and perhaps that's why you hate it so much. I don't safe or pray because I don't want my opponent to; I want an exciting fight that I can go "Damn that was fun" whether I live or die. If you care about item loss, don't pk. If you care about slightly altering your fighting style to actually give the fight an element of variety and a chance of it ending in someone's death, turn off your protect from melee. Let your health drop below 75%. Don't slam the tab when your chances look bleak. Fight to the death and have fun doing it. And, if making the match a 0-fest and a stalemate is fun to you, don't drag real pkers down with you.

Your "honor code" is complete BS. A farce pulled out of your [wagon] to troll pkers and make an argument appealing to the skiller-engorged forum that this is. I'm headed back to RSC, at least more than 10ish people know a few things about pking there.

[/hide]

First off:

1) Yes my stats work just fine for me <3:

2) I've seen different variations :roll:

3) Again, its an option (no popular, much like the code itself :lol: )

4) I like the PvP worlds, no sense leaving it when I have an advantage :twisted:

This honor code is what you diehard PKers use for Death Matches. And since no one has stated the obvious yet. A Death Match and general PKing are different. I've never seen the point of this, but back in the day, people used to DM. And IF both parties didn't break the code, someone died and the other got their items. Let me first say, I thought this was rather pointless. That's just my opinion. When players DM'd, USUALLY, they didn't have their best items (excluding the extremely rich). When the fight was over, the winning player got the items (thus getting bragging rights and some money). To me, that made the players weaker because their best items were safe in the bank and the only items up for grabs were what they could afford to lose. Back in the same day...The Duel Arena was there. You could have simply staked the value of your armors/weapons/supplies...AND enforced what ever code you agreed on...AND had a guaranteed outcome without fear of either party breaking the code. At the old Duel Arena you could use your best items or not. It was your choice.

Now obviously we can't do that anymore. The Duel Arena is not the same as it was back then. If you do a DM in the new PvP Worlds, even if you die, there is no guarantee that your opponent will get anything good. DM'ing is even more pointless. Now, I have seen players asking for DM's (fair fights) and if someone chooses to agree, that is their business. You can't ask the rest of us to do it though. We have the freedom to NOT do what you ask. Again, this goes back to the people that lie and deceive. They are ruining it for you. Last night, I had a guy outside Draynor asking for a fight (not with me, but in general). He was 122. I looked him up in the high scores (while I was in the bank) and noted his 99 Magic AND 99 Range. He had on Verac's Armor and a Whip. I'm not going to willing agree to his rules and then step out to my demise, KNOWING he has 99 Magic and Range! He actually might have only wanted to Melee, but god only knows what he had in his inventory and whether or not he intended to use them.

This means using NO FOOD, NO POTS, NO PRAYER, NO SUMMONS, NO RUNNING, NO TELEPORTING.

That's nowhere near the honor code.

1. Of course you can use food, that'd be just plain stupid otherwise. The honor code is not safing.

2. Everyone uses pots...Have you ever seen MB inventories for most people? it's like 8 brews and 4 sharks.

3. No protection prayer, but you can piety/protect item

4. Hardly anyone uses familiars when pking (unless maybe at mage bank, I haven't been there much since pvp)

5. A little bit shaky on this one, but i'm pretty sure you can run with no food

6. That's basically right

If it's all the things you said, then :thumbdown:

If it's closer to the things I said :thumbup:

And to elaborate on this...Read the first post completely. I said...

The PKer Honor Code:

Basically standing there and taking your licks until one of you dies. This means using NO FOOD, NO POTS, NO PRAYER, NO SUMMONS, NO RUNNING, NO TELEPORTING. To expand a little: Basically agreeing to some preset rules outside of Duel Arena. It can be a combination of the things listed or all or even none. But staying to the end of the fight, even when you have a chance to get away or help yourself from dying.

Still smarter than the average [hide=]PKer...[/hide] Oh wait, I meant bear...

whats the point of your rules? to me pvp deserves some strategy, if your strategy gives you an advantage on your oppenent (thats the [bleep]ing reason jagex introduced the combat triangle ffs) then you deserve to win, whether it be eating/surviving long enough to fill the spec bar to 1 hit ur oppenents final hp or if your an ankient mage who can ice burst and mage from affar. why would you make fighting 100% solely on who got the lucky hits?

if you havent noticed the wilderness (or new pvp worlds) is the "street fighting" of runescape, go use your rules in the duel arena is what id have to say. in pvp worlds anything goes unless your safing and not letting your hp drop below 50hp, then your just pathetic... start eating at 49! duh! :roll:

:thumbdown: :thumbdown: 2 thumbs down.

nashv.png

Pixel Signature Made By Me.

i do follow the code. its not like im making sure that im following it but i just pk and nobody tells me im doing anything wrong. i dont use protects (im a pure), i dont really safe. so yea...

sometime it gets out of hand and ppl think that ur safing if u eat at 1hp :roll: these ppl i just avoid.

the winner

did i say anywhere that i wasn't willing to die? i don't bring teles but i will use pray, food, pots summoning, anything to make sure that people like you will die and that i will get a drop

nice stats btw

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!