Farming watermelons (new question)

Vulxai

Ok, it's been a long time since I've farmed. About how many watermelons would you get per seed with the magic sacetuers?

Also, I get the experience from planting, and then that experience that's for picking is for one piece, right? So if I picked, say, 5, I'd get the picking xp times 5?

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

Ok, it's been a long time since I've farmed. About how many watermelons would you get per seed with the magic sacetuers?

Also, I get the experience from planting, and then that experience that's for picking is for one piece, right? So if I picked, say, 5, I'd get the picking xp times 5?

id say something like 15-30 with super compost/magic sec

planting about 50 exp

picking about 50 exp for EACH watermelon

foukouei.png

id say something like 15-30 with super compost/magic sec

planting about 50 exp

picking about 50 exp for EACH watermelon

Oh wow, that's a lot more than I expected! Thanks Asianboy!

Can anyone narrow that gap down a little bit? Or is that the closest you can get?

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

15-30? Is my memory just off, or do I remember it more like 5-10?

I believe your memory is just fine...

The last patch I harvested, I received around 8 or so, this is with Supercompost and Magic Secateurs. Of course, I was lazy and paid the farmer to watch over it for me... maybe this affects the yield o.O But I've certainly never picked 30 from one patch before...

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

5-10 is what you get for herbs 90% of the time. Watermelons I've never planted (too expensive IMO)

Snow_Miner.png

Slayer Drops

Dragon Chainbody (dust devil), Dragon Platelegs x2, Dragon Plateskirt x3, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x5, Dragon Spear x3, Shield Left Half x4

Staff of Light x2, Abyssal Whip x16, Dark Bow x17, Granite Maul x17, Focus Sight, Hexcrest x2, Black Mask x4, Leaf-bladed Sword, Mystic x31, Obsidian x13, Brine Sabre x2, Spirit Shield, Dragonstone x5

15-30? Is my memory just off, or do I remember it more like 5-10?

I've recently planted over 400 watermelon seeds with super compost and using magic secateurs. Only two harvests had less than 15 melons..

:shock: Melon King!

Hehe, then all farmers are. I'm very disappointed when I get less than 15 watermelons, which is very rare. Usually I harvest around 20, sometimes more, sometimes less. There's a reason why watermelon seeds are expensive: they're good experience.

5-10 is what you get for herbs 90% of the time. Watermelons I've never planted (too expensive IMO)

Herbs can't be compared with allotment plantings. Don't post if you don't know what you are talking about.

I think 15-30 is a good estimation of what the watermelons yield. You can get less than 15 or more than 30 ocassionally, but most of your yields will be within the 15-30 range.

Watermelons are too expensive to power train with unless you are rich.

I power with strawberries.

You cant "power train" on something that takes 55 min to get the exp. You are just being silly. The only way to really MAX out on farming exp over the course of a day (and you have to look at a 24 hour span when dealing with a skill like farming) is to plant THE BEST trees you can and rotate them when they are grown. This would mean waking up in the middle of the night sometimes to rotate your trees. It can be done, i wake up twice a night to rotate herbs and bushes, i just drink a massive glass of water before bed and after waking up.

Fools_Taco.png

Watermelons are too expensive to power train with unless you are rich.

I power with strawberries.

You cant "power train" on something that takes 55 min to get the exp. You are just being silly. The only way to really MAX out on farming exp over the course of a day (and you have to look at a 24 hour span when dealing with a skill like farming) is to plant THE BEST trees you can and rotate them when they are grown. This would mean waking up in the middle of the night sometimes to rotate your trees. It can be done, i wake up twice a night to rotate herbs and bushes, i just drink a massive glass of water before bed and after waking up.

it is suggested you do not do as what the person above has given as advice

lcchs.png

lcchs.png

Yeah, I'm looking to do some quick-ish training, I'm going to be planting trees before I go to bed, then sleep and go to school, and then while playing, do some other farming (and check my trees) and then plant more trees before I go to bed again. I was wondering how many watermelons you'd get to see how expensive it'd be, but it is really expensive.

So should I just plant some herbs during the day when I'm on?

Since you're not going to be checking up on your herbs throughout the day (aka every 15 minutes when not wearing a farming amulet), just use supercompost and plant them at the beginning.

Assuming that they don't get sick, they'll simply be waiting for you when you do your harvesting run at the end of the day, smiling and holding out a big bundle of herblore exp/cash. Plus some extra farming experience, although not much compared to the trees. It's mainly about the herbs and/or the cash.

Dragoon_Z2.png

Dragoon_Z2.png

Since you're not going to be checking up on your herbs throughout the day (aka every 15 minutes when not wearing a farming amulet), just use supercompost and plant them at the beginning.

Assuming that they don't get sick, they'll simply be waiting for you when you do your harvesting run at the end of the day, smiling and holding out a big bundle of herblore exp/cash. Plus some extra farming experience, although not much compared to the trees. It's mainly about the herbs and/or the cash.

Well I'd check on them when I'm on, probably be doing some hunter, so it'll be a nice break, but there'll be some days where I don't check them until way late at night, depends on how busy I am. I'd always be using super compost.

So it's herbs during the day, and at night, and trees at night?

You can do herbs at night as well if you don't mind losing the unavoidable few. Usually herb losses aren't too bad. Also, make sure you're keeping a farming amulet on whenever the neck slot isn't vital for something else - you don't even need to contact it, just feel it vibrate and hear the annoying hum to know that it's crop-checkin' time.

Dragoon_Z2.png

Dragoon_Z2.png

You can do herbs at night as well if you don't mind losing the unavoidable few. Usually herb losses aren't too bad. Also, make sure you're keeping a farming amulet on whenever the neck slot isn't vital for something else - you don't even need to contact it, just feel it vibrate and hear the annoying hum to know that it's crop-checkin' time.

Nope, I don't mind losing the few (as I'll lose those few during the day as well, except for My Arm's patch).

Oh, and what's probably the best herbs to farm about now?

Daily routine when logging in:

Harvest patch where I was when I logged out, replant herbs and marigold (or limpwurt root when available)

cabbage-teleport -> harvest, replant

ecto-port ->harvest, replant

glory to bank, get cammy teleport and bank herbs/flowers, get new seeds.

(optional) Teleport to Trollheim for MyArm's patch. I use it only for high level seeds that I do NOT want to lose. Not worth it fot < ranarr in my opinion)

Teleport to camelot, harvest/replent Catherby patch

Pick 6 cocouts from fruit tree

Bank, teleport to Ardougne

Check Jade vine or fight it and replant.

Get battle staves in Varrock

Play RS

As for herbs that are profitable: Toadflax is nice, although not so much exp. Ranarr you can always sell, but not so much profitsince the seed is expensive. Any higher, you're set. Max profit depends on GE prices " du jour" .

transcript80.png

Other data was removed when acoount got hacked...