Rant on the uselessness of broom in f2p

Jenove

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was disappointed with the broom for F2p. Though thats just because I got all hyped up by expecting/hoping that it was going to be the hovering one that lost out on the poll last year....oh well lets just hope the easter one's better (not looking forward to the santa suit).

Legil_galad2.png

Woodcutting does not raise your combat level because most people do not play as yew trees.

All I have to say is "Wow.". We're lucky F2p even got anything, they could have made that quest P2p right off the bat. Obliviously all of the updates and events in the past weren't enough for you; then you have to complain after the 10 drinks, a completely new wardrobe, and a broomstick from this event. If you want JaGez could just stop giving F2p any updates at all. Be grateful for what you have. :wall: :x

Allybopper.png

All I have to say is "Wow.". We're lucky F2p even got anything, they could have made that quest P2p right off the bat. Obliviously all of the updates and events in the past weren't enough for you; then you have to complain after the 10 drinks, a completely new wardrobe, and a broomstick from this event. If you want JaGez could just stop giving F2p any updates at all. Be grateful for what you have. :wall: :x

My thoughts exactly. Look at past items anyway, it's rare that they serve any purpose. The broom has a nifty little emote and looks nice, so I can't see anything wrong with it. Even for members, it's essentially just that. Very few people go to the Sorceress' Garden on a regular basis, and if they do, teleporting to either Lumbridge or the Duel Arena makes it a short walk. The broom is your concept of "worthless" whether you're a free player or not.

I really like it though. Hovering would be nice, but still. :thumbsup:

I love to meet people; send me a pm if you see me on RuneScape! :)

Enchanting it would be difficult for F2p as all the witchs are in P2P locations bar the one in kharid, but the ability she gives you teles you to a p2p location, so there was no chance of the enchantment part being F2p.

Anyway i think Jagex need to keep P2p happy.

Im pretty sure some people might feel a bit like "Wtf are we paying £5 a month for when f2p gets all we do?"

Also that little enchant section is the only P2p exclusive update this month really, so i guess you kinda should just be happy with what you got.

Theres a fine line between not listening and not caring,

I like to think I walk this line every day.

Pinning blame on Jagex is like trying to put pants on an old man.

You both know he needs them, but he'll just keep dancing around, avoiding them at all costs.

Granted it is a useless item but hey, better a useless broom than NO broom right? ;)

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

You complaining about the uselessness of the broom? Jagex gave us not just the Holiday event, nay, but a quest as well! It may be only for a limited time, but still. The fact the Jagex gave us(F2P) an additional quest(and it's rewards) was very generous! Don't complain about the useless of the broom, this quest is supposed to be members only, just be thankful we got the quest!

100% F2P

Bonesaw342.png

234fcb4520.png

Bonesaw342.png

Bonesaw342.png

99 Defense, Tuesday February 10th 2009

99 Attack, Tuesday May 26th 200962,189th to get it

My only thoughts on the broom is that it should be a staff ie auto-cast spells and for p2p have teleports to said echanted areas (underground pass, slayer tower, pollivenich, and lunar isle). I actually thought that the broom would teleport to all of these places! Oh well, the sweep emote goes great with my witch costume though ::'

menea_reuter.pnglinkresponsewb2.th.jpg

Granted it is a useless item but hey, better a useless broom than NO broom right? ;)

Unless F2P players can't retrieve it after the quest goes P2P only and Maggie disappears from the F2P world. Then we're stuck with a useless broom...in our banks :roll:

Unless F2P players can't retrieve it after the quest goes P2P only and Maggie disappears from the F2P world. Then we're stuck with a useless broom...in our banks :roll:

Who said you wont be able to get it back? All holiday items are retrievable, if you got them from someone else or not.

And, all your FTP players do is piss and moan. Every event before this gave items that never really did anything, and now you get something that can be upgraded in P2P (incentive to buy members anyone?) and you piss and moan.

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

I am stuck with nothing, I will drop that sucker... :lol:

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

Who said you wont be able to get it back? All holiday items are retrievable, if you got them from someone else or not.

And, all your FTP players do is piss and moan. Every event before this gave items that never really did anything, and now you get something that can be upgraded in P2P (incentive to buy members anyone?) and you piss and moan.

You're assuming that every single person that plays the free version of this game is pissing and moaning? Stop saying things if you know that they're not true whatsoever, because I definitely am not.

To the topic starter, do you not think that us Free Players should be very grateful for JaGeX even giving us a quest to begin with, forget the broom. WE DON'T PAY! They could have just given us the Halloween Event and handed the new quest over to Members. If you keep whining like this, JaGeX will not give us anything at all.

PS: The 10 Bowls of Goulash is a very nice reward, considering that it's the equivalent of getting 10 Genie Randoms.

Corruption Council -

http://corruption-clan.com/forum

Team TKO Blitz Leader - http://tko.rs-clans.com

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about Corruption or TKO Blitz.

I hoped for an item that is about as cool and useful as Scythe, but we can only dream.

Useful? :lol:

Broom wins.

Rants for pplz mad about us not getting to use broom and go to Al-kharid to get enchated post thoughts here

It's okay, the teleport isn't really that great anyway... I still prefer Kah Bah Port. The primary function of the broom is to make dust clouds of awesome anyway :D

MSSW4TI.png

I enjoy how even though this thread is supposed to be full of people ranting about the uselessness, it's full of people exclaiming how great this last update was.

Not to say that I don't agree, of course. I love the broom, even if I fail completely at the Sorceress's Garden minigame. Plus, the outfit looks great for when I'm out chopping wood.

Dragoon_Z2.png

Dragoon_Z2.png

WHy would you get a Sorceress garden tele if you can't do the minigame?

And yeah its about as useful on f2p as on members, all we get is some extra xp, which is fair enough, lunar isle isn't on the f2p so why would you be able to get that xp?

Doomy edit: I like sheep

Aren't all holiday items basically useless? Santa hat... bunny ears... scarves... they don't really do anything...

Regardless of if you're F2P or P2P, it was a fun little holiday event, and a nice break from day-to-day gameplay that we all experience day-in and day-out.

Well you really couldn't compare this broom to any of the items you mentioned unless for example Santa hats allowed members to teleport via Santa's sleigh and did nothing on F2P.

What I mean to say is that this item has a purpose for members and not for F2P, that is the key distinction. It's not a criticism, merely a fact.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif