Your Favorite Song?

EarthySun

Many of us here are music lovers, I imagine. What's your favorite song?

Iris - Goo Goo Dolls. The song sounds amazing, especially if you can play it in real life on a guitar :)

So, basically Earthysun is Jesus's only son.

earthysig3.jpg

earthynorris.jpg

awwwwuo6.jpg

wootsiggiedagainhw5.jpg

algftw.jpg

Rage Against The Machine - Beautiful World

Flyleaf - Broken Wings

Rise Against - Swing Life Away (Acoustic)

o_o

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Jesu's Silver. No contest really, it's an incredible song.
That EP is the only Jesu I ever really got into, mainly because it's really good dreampop/shoegaze.

Anyway, this:

SbtdlbbI5Yw

A few months ago I would've said a Sonata Arctica, Nightwish or Dark Tranquillity song.

Currently its Gabrielle by Cradle of Filth...Mainly cause my girlfriend's name is Gabrielle...And it describes my feelnigs so dang well.

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

That EP is the only Jesu I ever really got into, mainly because it's really good dreampop/shoegaze.

Yeah it's def their best. Their albums Jesu, Heartwrenched and Conquerer were pretty good too.

Yesterday I was listening to a song, and I thought "This has got to be the best song ever", I just couldn't think of any song that was better than that one. But today I've forgotten it. I just can't remember the title of that song. So I'll just go for Pyramid Song by Radiohead and the Stranger Song by Leonard Cohen. Damn, why can't I remember the name of that song yesterday, it was so good. Maybe it will come back tomorrow.

But there's so many good Bob Dylan songs as well. I mean. Pff. Or what about the Crown of Love by Arcade Fire or Atrocity Exhibition by Joy Division or Death to Everyone by Will Oldham and those Nick Cave tracks Where Do We Go Now But Nowhere and Oh my Lord, or the Folsom Prison Blues by Mr. Cash... And now that I think of it, the song I listened to yesterday was the Kursk by Matt Elliott, but I don't think it's the best song ever, at the moment.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

My favourite song of the moment changes all the time, it's the one that I play first when my itunes opens.

Currently its 'only of you' by Green Day. It's a beautiful song, one of the first Billie Joe ever wrote.

Classic songs I can always listen to are

In My Time Of Dying by Led Zeppelin - just an amazing song, very easy listening

I've Been Everywhere, Johnny Cash's version - I first heard it on a programme about a guy (Charlie Boorman) going round the world from Ireland to Sydney, it's a great song, Cash's baritone voice perfectly compliments it

Mr. Tambourine Man by Bob Dylan - his best song, lyrically

spacescenev24.jpg

Haven't done this in a while, so I might as well. I'm going to be difficult and choose a few.

Blackwater Park by Opeth - The epic closer to an incredible album. It's a progressive metal masterpiece with one of the best outros to a song I've ever heard (listen for that drum fill).

Ghost of Perdition by Opeth - Another epic and progressive piece. The "breakdown" where Akerfeldt screams "Ghost of Perdition" sends chills down my spine.

Epic by Faith No More - Probably the first FNM song I ever heard (it is their most popular, after all). The infectious grooves and mix of rap, rock and keys makes this musical bliss to my ears. From one of my favourite albums of all time - The Real Thing.

Everything's Ruined by Faith no More - One of my all time favourite FNM songs, this time from the Angel Dust CD. There was something about FNM and the ability to put together a seriously good song.

The Philosopher by Death - By any measure, Chuck Schuldiner was one of the most significant figures in death metal, probably because of his ability to work a guitar and write an incredible song. Not to downplay other members of the band at this time, of course - I quite liked Gene Hoglan on drums and the sound Steve DiGiorgio got out of the fretless bass. Pontification aside, this is probably Death's most popular song, and I can see why.

Pull The Plug by Death - One of their oldschool classics. I took an instant liking to this song because of the memorable chorus and wailing solo. It remains one of my favourite Death songs of all time.

The Grudge by Tool - By this time in their career Tool were at the top of their game, and it shows with songs like The Grudge. The way the song is put together, there are two climaxes and one climactic outro, all of which are arranged perfectly, which makes this song a treat on the ears.

Third Eye by Tool - As I've heard it said before, this is Tool's "Stairyway to Heaven", if you like. It's long, meandering through 13 minutes of music/noise, all of which is absolutely captivating. A great closer to the Aenima record.

Forty-Six & 2 by Tool - If for nothing else, I have to add this song because of the "breakdown" around 5 minutes in where the bass drops down, flange hits the guitar and Maynard sings "See my shadow changing, stretching up and over me..." The whole song is excellent, but that moment leaves me in sheer awe.

Primitive by Sunk Loto - A song from one of my favourite Aussie bands. I doubt many people here would know them, but they've been one of my favourites for some time now. To my way of thinking it's hard to have a good band without a good singer, and the singer of this band is great. The way he matches the vocals to the melody of this song makes it an all time favourite. I'd probably sing along if I wasn't hopless at singing.

Yea, I'm not really into Tool anymore (I used to listen to nothing else... >.>), but Forty-Six & 2 is an incredible song. Especially from minute three or something. :)

Listening to it now, it's from minute four, that the goodness begins. 4.40 the best part starts and stops at 5.38. :| I can't really listen to Maynards voice anymore. It annoys me.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

At the moment it's Fixxxer by Metallica. But it doesn't really count, since my favorite song changes every week. :P

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

Uhm one of Rise Against's enw songs from their album-

Re-Education (Through Labor)

From Heads Unworthy

Historia Calamitatum

Long Forgotten Sons

Everybody seems to liek Savior, but tbh apart from Hero Of War its my least favourite :S

Or Disturbed Land Of Confusion- Love it :)

Doomy edit: I like sheep

Forty-Six & 2 by Tool - If for nothing else, I have to add this song because of the "breakdown" around 5 minutes in where the bass drops down, flange hits the guitar and Maynard sings "See my shadow changing, stretching up and over me..." The whole song is excellent, but that moment leaves me in sheer awe.

Can't argue with that. ::'

My current fave would probably have to be Phantom of the Opera by Iron Maiden.

Alright I'll try my best to list a few.

Right In Two by Tool-- I think this song was the sleeper song of 10,000 Days and possibly one of Tool's biggest sleeper songs that they've ever written. It's a lamenting song about humanity and how cruel we are to each other. The song itself almost seems to be a cascading tale of human time from the simple (although I could hardly consider 11/8 a simple song) tabla drumming Carey employs to the quiet and mysterious clean duo of guitar and bass and making it all the way to the end with the massive churning drum, guitar, and bass breakdown that all comes back together with Maynard's wailing sadly about how terrible humans are to each other. This song continually gives me chills.

[hide=Lyrics]

Angels on the sideline,

Puzzled and amused.

Why did Father give these humans free will?

Now they're all confused.

Don't these talking monkeys know that

Eden has enough to go around?

Plenty in this holy garden, silly monkeys,

Where there's one you're bound to divide it.

Right in two.

Angels on the sideline,

Baffled and confused.

Father blessed them all with reason.

And this is what they choose.

And this is what they choose...

Monkey killing monkey killing monkey

Over pieces of the ground.

Silly monkeys give them thumbs,

They forge a blade,

And where there's one

they're bound to divide it,

Right in two.

Right in two.

Monkey killing monkey killing monkey.

Over pieces of the ground.

Silly monkeys give them thumbs.

They make a club.

And beat their brother, down.

How they survive so misguided is a mystery.

Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to live to light a heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Cut it all right in two [x4]

Fight over the clouds, over wind, over sky

Fight over life, over blood, over prayer,

overhead and light

Fight over love, over sun,

over another, Fight...

Angels on the sideline again.

Been soon long with patience and reason.

Angels on the sideline again

Wondering when this tug of war will end.

[/hide]

Roulette Dares (The Haunt Of) by The Mars Volta-- I don't know what else can really be said about this song unless you have listened to it. The Mars Volta implied a lot of 3/4 time signatures on their debut LP De-Loused In the Comatorium which gives it quite a unique feel. Jon Theodore's unique style of drumming, which is so simple but amazingly affective, really adds the life to this song, and you'll never be able to get that hook out of your head: "Exoskeletal, junction at the railroad delayed!".

Take The Power Back by Rage Against the Machine-- This song really tells the tale of how the "history" we get in our school systems is quite filtered and very European biased ("Europe; Ain't my rope to swing on. Can't learn a thing from it, yet we hang from it!"). This song only fuels my drive to become a history teacher even more. It's time to take the power back.

Time by Pink Floyd-- Of course I could pretty much classify the entire Dark Side of The Moon album as one amazing suite, but if I had to pick one song, it would definitely be Time. The poetic genius of Waters and Gilmour is really shown well here. The song is a lament on how our lives our ours to live, we just have to take it into our own hands and do it. At any point in your life, you can begin to take hold of your own destiny and live your life. If you haven't, you should also give their album Animals a listen to, it's great as well and hardly gets the attention it deserves.

Upward Over the Mountain by Iron and Wine-- Sam Beam hardly gets the respect that he deserves for his AMAZING songwriting ability. I would easily throw him in with Dylan as one of the best lyricists and musicians of all time. His use of imagery, especially in this song, is rivaled by none (note the part in the chorus where he pauses on "So may the sun....rise bring hope where it once was forgotten" Just genius!). This song is a sad tale of a son parting with his mother. He's trying to convince her that everything will be alright and that he hasn't forgotten about her and never will. The verses seem to be the testimonial from the son to the mother while the choruses are Beam's views that sons will always come back to their mothers for the support that they need in life ("Sons are like birds; Taken broken up to the mountain").

and finally...

10,000 Days and Wings For Marie (10,000 Days pt. 2) by Tool-- I won't even list one thing about this song. If you haven't listened these songs, take 20 minutes, put some isolation headphones on, pull up the lyrics and listen to them.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

My favourite is tied between:

Raped by Elephants by Torsof*ck.

Headf*cked by the B*tchfork by Satan's Revenge on Mankind.

Amputee Orgy by Concrete Facial.

Chopped in Half by Obituary.

Black Star by Carcass.

Genital Grinder by Carcass.

I work for the Streetcleaner by Impetigo.

Zombie Graveyard Rape Bonanze by Gorerotted.

and Kyle from Incantation has a Mustache by An*l C*nt.

I probably have loads more, but they're the ones that really stick out.

My Last.Fm

LeekSpinner!!!

Random Furry Dance!!!

Proud to hate life, since not too long ago!!!