BabyPunchers' Guide to Range-Slaying

BabyPunchers

Xp rates will come, but only after I'm done with 99 Attack/Maxed melee. About 400k exp off so that won't be long. <3:

Can you elaborate on the info part though?

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More Summoning. :thumbsup:

Ha you mean the summoning section? And since I have a higher summoning level now, I can use the godly Geyser Titan for range slaying. 8-)

I have some questions.

1) Could i use this with 75 ranged, just sort of following along and improving?

2) Why the canifis portal in your house out of curiosity. (A portal room is going in today :) )

Ah completely skipped over your post. Sorry mate. ::'

1)You could, but it will be a bit slower of course. I don't see many problems with it.

2)The portal is for easy access to the Slayer Tower and all of it's tasks. The only other way to get there is with the Ectophial or walking from varrok. Both take too long. There's also the Slayer ring, which I forgot when i wrote that last sentence. :? If you have that, you won't need the portal. ::'

Edit:I'm off to study. Crime & Law final tomorrow. :x Gotta go, see you all. Leave comments kthxbai.

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

I'd like to see you look into the tank outfit again. I dunno about using Verac's Skirt with regular gear instead of something like Verac's Helm and Spirit Shield... or some other shield like Dragon Sq. I dunno, I'm just pretty sure that your tank setup could be changed to have pretty much the same defence with better range bonus..

EDIT: LOL AT POST BELOW ME XD

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

[hide=Mistakes]

Now that Iron Knives are about 38gp each, theyre very cheap, so if you want a cheaper training method, these are great. But

Of course, this also means that they hit pretty slowly. Usually these weapons are out-performed by Knives. As the share the some characteristics with Knives.

Please note that Dagganoths are aggressive and will attack you on site.

Fire Giants have are known to many players as a good way to train range. This is true; I trained on them from 40-88 Range.

This is the inventory I use. The obvious items are needed for getting to the location, money, coins, and they shantay pass.

Kalphites dont drop a lot or anything that useful at all.

First off, Id like that I just know the basics about fighting these.

[/hide]

[hide=Suggestions]- Add a list of recommended and unrecommended quests (Eyes of Glouphrie for warped beasts for example).

- Add a comparison of various shields/armour setups (What totalpwnage said).

- Add a list of task you recommend to block, because they are hard to range.

- Add a list for Chaeldar, I know there are rangers out here who don't have 100 combat (yet), but still want to train slayer with ranged, me myself being one of them :)[/hide]

[hide=I also have some questions]- Is an elysian spirit shield recommended for tasks you have to tank or monster that hit hard? Or is just to expensive?

- Why do you wear an anti-dragonfire shield instead of the regular, chargeable, stronger one? Does the latter give a negative ranged offence bonus?

- Wouldn't a dragonfire shield be better for tanking, a lot of boss-hunters use one after all?

- Do you advise against using High Alchemy at all, or is it not that bad if you don't use Contact NPC?[/hide]

I really recommend you do Legacy of Seergaze yourself, as I've heard the xp is way better and the quest itself is rather enjoyable.

All in all, I absolutely love your guide. It is the first one I have ever seen about this subject.

I'd like to see you look into the tank outfit again. I dunno about using Verac's Skirt with regular gear instead of something like Verac's Helm and Spirit Shield... or some other shield like Dragon Sq. I dunno, I'm just pretty sure that your tank setup could be changed to have pretty much the same defence with better range bonus..

EDIT: LOL AT POST BELOW ME XD

Yeah I've seen a bit on that. That'll be re-done. :) Shame I don't know much about the Spirit Shield. I'll do that quest soon. I know it's good for tanking though. No negative range and Rune Kite def right?

Ah-ah-ah-ah semi-alive, semi-alive, ah-ah-ah-ah semi-aliiiiiive!

Anyway nice to see this is back with a vengeance, ignore my awful singing this is a great guide.

Thank ya very much. ::'

You forgot about Green dragons on a Baby black task.

I know what your talking about, but not a lot about it. That makes sense right? While waiting for spawns you can kill green drags for extra cash correct?

- Add a list of recommended and unrecommended quests (Eyes of Glouphrie for warped beasts for example).

- Add a comparison of various shields/armour setups (What totalpwnage said).

- Add a list of task you recommend to block, because they are hard to range.

- Add a list for Chaeldar, I know there are rangers out here who don't have 100 combat (yet), but still want to train slayer with ranged, me myself being one of them

-Tank option will be redone. :)

-Ah okay, that shouldn't be hard to implement.

-Rawr, that might take a while. Probably will be done once I'm done with everything else. It's not a priority though. :-#

- Is an elysian spirit shield recommended for tasks you have to tank or monster that hit hard? Or is just to expensive?

- Why do you wear an anti-dragonfire shield instead of the regular, chargeable, stronger one? Does the latter give a negative ranged offence bonus?

- Wouldn't a dragonfire shield be better for tanking, a lot of boss-hunters use one after all?

- Do you advise against using High Alchemy at all, or is it not that bad if you don't use Contact NPC?

-Honestly, it's just too expensive. A Rune Kite is all that's needed on pretty much any slayer task. The money spent isn't worth it. I think that shield should be left in Boss Hunting.

-I'm cheap :P Although the DFS does give -3 Range Attack. That's almost negligible though.

-If you don't slay on Lunar, then use High Alch if you want to. There's no problem with it. ::' I just reccomend using Contact NPC because of the sheer speed of it. That and with the Grand Exchange, the loss of High Alch isn't really that bad.

I really recommend you do Legacy of Seergaze yourself, as I've heard the xp is way better and the quest itself is rather enjoyable.

All in all, I absolutely love your guide. It is the first one I have ever seen about this subject.

[hide=Mistakes]

Now that Iron Knives are about 38gp each, theyre very cheap, so if you want a cheaper training method, these are great. But

Of course, this also means that they hit pretty slowly. Usually these weapons are out-performed by Knives. As the share the some characteristics with Knives.

Please note that Dagganoths are aggressive and will attack you on site.

Fire Giants have are known to many players as a good way to train range. This is true; I trained on them from 40-88 Range.

This is the inventory I use. The obvious items are needed for getting to the location, money, coins, and they shantay pass.

Kalphites dont drop a lot or anything that useful at all.

First off, Id like that I just know the basics about fighting these.

[/hide]

That's on my to-do list. ::' Bah, I hate quests though. -.- And thanks, I made this guide because there was no decent guides on it I could find. ::'

A_Punk.png

Formerly RobinHoodie.

I love the guide, just used it to camp at abbies.

One pretty important thing you are missing:

Full arma with a good shield (drag sq and up) IS BETTER than the verac skirt combo you are showing. The +8 for the god book isnt worth sacrificing a possible 70 def bonus. Try it out, you'll see. The only way arma + dfs loses to your tank outfit is in prayer bonuses.

It might also be a good idea to try and find something with a verac helm in stead of arma helmet. Again, the +8 for the arma helmet is pertty low compared to the + 55 (or whatever) def bonus verac's helmet gives.

My 2 cents.

One more thing: full arma + god book + unicorn is enough to camp at abbies with unicorn.

Went again: full void + dfs is also enough with unicorn.

Have you even read my reply?

Full arma with dfs or even a dragon squareshield is BETTER both in ranged and defence bonus than your suggested tank outfit. Only thing it is slightly worse in, is prayer bonus. (and cost)

I love the guide, just used it to camp at abbies.

One pretty important thing you are missing:

Full arma with a good shield (drag sq and up) IS BETTER than the verac skirt combo you are showing. The +8 for the god book isnt worth sacrificing a possible 70 def bonus. Try it out, you'll see. The only way arma + dfs loses to your tank outfit is in prayer bonuses.

It might also be a good idea to try and find something with a verac helm in stead of arma helmet. Again, the +8 for the arma helmet is pertty low compared to the + 55 (or whatever) def bonus verac's helmet gives.

My 2 cents.

One more thing: full arma + god book + unicorn is enough to camp at abbies with unicorn.

Went again: full void + dfs is also enough with unicorn.

Have you even read my reply?

Full arma with dfs or even a dragon squareshield is BETTER both in ranged and defence bonus than your suggested tank outfit. Only thing it is slightly worse in, is prayer bonus. (and cost)

Ha sorry, must've skipped over it. It's been adressed though. The tank portion will be re-done. ::'

A_Punk.png

Formerly RobinHoodie.

More of a lurker than a poster :mrgreen: Look at my joining-date. This guide has me post more posts than ever before on tip.it, great job :thumbsup:.

I also forgot the most important point to compare: which is the best in xp, both per hour on average and xp/gp on average (if that is even possible to find out).

090118141437rl7.png

Rs likes me when I work on this guide. You guys were right. At Abby Demons, they don't hit enough to warrant full on tanking. A Rune Kiteshield+a Bunyip is enough for it. :) I'll switch out the Abby pic and the Tanking pic tommorow. ::' Going to gf's today, sorry. :-#

A_Punk.png

Formerly RobinHoodie.

I double post kai?

Just finished up an Abby Demons exp rate trip. Note that this one trip, and therefore isn't that conclusive. But it does give a decent estimate of exp per hour. Additional testing will be done, but only after each task has atleast one test of exp rates.

In one hour, I killed 77.52 Abby Demons, resulting in 46,512 range exp and about 11,628 slayer expierience. This is with Range Potions but with no prayer. Potting back up when my range level was +5 more than my original level. In my case, potting back up at 104 range.

This seem like the kind of thing you all want?

edit: Also got a new Tank outfit. The zam book will be swapped out for a Spirit Shield when needed. Probably will do Summer's End tomorrow. The Abby Demon section has been updated accordingly.

090118203654ej7.png

A_Punk.png

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Looks good, xp rates seem to be around the same of what I got at abbies :-)

(did a test with full armadyl, and even ranger boots and came out at like 45k xp, was 95 ranged or so back then I think).

Thanks for the positive feedback. ::' Now I'll be going down the list and trying for exp rates there. Rawr, going to cost me a fortune in Cannonballs. :o

Awesome guide, thanks so much for this. Gonna help me A LOT with my range and slayer. =D

Hehe, thanks. <3: My ultimate goal is to get this into the AoW. :mrgreen:

Edit: Also, sorry, but the Spirit Shield will not be in any of my outfit pictures. Been trying to do this quest, but it's so damn frustrating. -.- I'm about to add it to the outfit section though.

A_Punk.png

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Dark beasts, ever heard of diamond (e) bolts?

Dark Beasts have an insane amount of range defense and a long range magic attack this is quite accurate on Dragonhide/Armadyl, making prayer pots needed. Couple that with their 220 hp and it'll cost a large amount to get the task fo 140-190 done. I don't reccomend it, even with Diamond (e) bolts. :-#

A_Punk.png

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Dark Beasts have an insane amount of range defense and a long range magic attack this is quite accurate on Dragonhide/Armadyl, making prayer pots needed. Couple that with their 220 hp and it'll cost a large amount to get the task fo 140-190 done. I don't reccomend it, even with Diamond (e) bolts. :-#

thats what the bolts are for?

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

thats what the bolts are for?

Didnt you read the other part, about the potions.

Robin, which part of the quest are you having troubles with? I personally found it an easy quest, once I had lured the beast inside. The luring itself took over 10 tries though :o.