BabyPunchers' Guide to Range-Slaying

BabyPunchers

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dark beasts, ever heard of diamond (e) bolts?

Dark Beasts have an insane amount of range defense and a long range magic attack this is quite accurate on Dragonhide/Armadyl, making prayer pots needed. Couple that with their 220 hp and it'll cost a large amount to get the task fo 140-190 done. I don't reccomend it, even with Diamond (e) bolts. :-#

thats what the bolts are for?

Didnt you read the other part, about the potions.

Robin, which part of the quest are you having troubles with? I personally found it an easy quest, once I had lured the beast inside. The luring itself took over 10 tries though :o.

Yes, the potions will murder your bank account and the reason I mentioned the range defense is because the bolt effect will not happen every time. Therfore, each time it doesn't, you'll most likely hit a 0. It's just not efficient to range Dark Beasts.

I lured it inside the cave fine, but rawr, my comp is too laggy to dodge the beast in the rooms. :( Already died, not sure if I mentioned that. :o

Got two questions for ya.Why do you only have a Karam. Overlord pouch for Aberrant Spectres? And why don't you have void in the general equipment section and in any of your setups? There :P

That's a Hydra pouch, which was my best Range-training familiar at the time that pic was taken. Now it's the Geyser Titan. <3: The reason I reccomend a fighting familiar is because you'll be praying through the task, so a healing familiar is useless. :) And Void is mentioned somewhere in the guide. It's not in a hide tab. I just didn't mention it since, if you have it, use it. I just don't like it, cause I hate pc. The safespottable tasks(the ones you should use void on) are pretty straightforward anyway, and should be easy to swap out the Dragonhide/Arma in the setup for Void if you want to use it.

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Amazing guide great job! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

For some odd reason your pic for the map under cave horrors isnt working :wall: hopefully its just my comp.

Stdueis sohw taht as lnog as the fisrt and the lsat letetr of wrods are croerct you wlil hvae no porbelm readninig a sentence. This is bceuase yuor mind deons't acatully read all the letetrs, but a word as a wohle.

claerion101.png

Amazing guide great job! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

For some odd reason your pic for the map under cave horrors isnt working :wall: hopefully its just my comp.

Ty :) And nope, it's just the pic. I'll take it out now, thanks for reminding me. ::'

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

God Abby Spectres=Awesome. Lookit kai.

In one hour, I can kill 309.6 Aberrant Spectres in the Smokey Dungeon, resulting in a massive 111,480 Range Expierience and 27,870 Slayer Exp. Of course, you won't get a 310 Aberrant Spectre task, but this is how many are killed per hour with 99 Range, potted, a cannon and a Geyser Titan. As an added fun fact, you fire 1k Cannonballs about every 25 minutes here. :thumbsup:

This'll be added to the guide, along with new pictures I've just taken.

Also got this when doing the rate trip.

[hide=Woot]090119191037kc0.png[/hide]

A_Punk.png

Formerly RobinHoodie.

That's a Hydra pouch, which was my best Range-training familiar at the time that pic was taken. Now it's the Geyser Titan. <3: The reason I reccomend a fighting familiar is because you'll be praying through the task, so a healing familiar is useless. :) And Void is mentioned somewhere in the guide. It's not in a hide tab. I just didn't mention it since, if you have it, use it. I just don't like it, cause I hate pc. The safespottable tasks(the ones you should use void on) are pretty straightforward anyway, and should be easy to swap out the Dragonhide/Arma in the setup for Void if you want to use it.

Oh dang..I just went through your guide again..saw that comment about void. My bad #-o Umm...I thought it would be best to use void with monsters that have low range defence, not if they're safespottable :? This guy I was talking to in the game said that black d'hide would be better then void for Metals because of the effect of void and all that. Metals are kind of safepottable if you use anti-fire pots...right? Sorry if this question/comment sounds stupid :( If I am right about the void thing,could you indicate somewhere in your guide if you should use void or not while fighting em? Im too lazy to find out each monster's range defence :P

Oh dang..I just went through your guide again..saw that comment about void. My bad #-o Umm...I thought it would be best to use void with monsters that have low range defence, not if they're safespottable :? This guy I was talking to in the game said that black d'hide would be better then void for Metals because of the effect of void and all that. Metals are kind of safepottable if you use anti-fire pots...right? Sorry if this question/comment sounds stupid :( If I am right about the void thing,could you indicate somewhere in your guide if you should use void or not while fighting em? Im too lazy to find out each monster's range defence :P

Good idea. I'll add a small Voidable or Not part to each monster when I get the chance. :)

Black Demon exp rates are done. And I don't have to switch out any pictures in this section,so that's good. :)

In one hour, I can kill 72.63 Black Demons in the Chaos Tunnels, resulting in 45,616 Range Expierience and 11,404 Slayer Exp. This is just Ranging with Potions. No familiar or cannon as neither are appicable here in the Chaos Tunnels.

A_Punk.png

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Adult Black Dragon rates are done. :thumbup:

In one hour, I can kill 40.58 Black Dragons, resulting in 30,848 Range Expierience and 7,712 Slayer Exp. This doesn't include any banking you have to do. So expect a few less per hour if you don't have a Beast of Burden. This test was conducted at 99 Range and potting back up at 104 Range.

Edit:Baby Black Rates added too.

In one hour, I can kill 163.175 Baby Black Dragons, yielding 52,216 Range Expierience per hour and 13,054 Slayer exp per hour. Sadly, the max amount of Blacks you will get is about 60. This is also with 99 Range, potted, and a Geyser Titan familiar.

Edit2:Updated Baby Blacks with new pictures to reflect the reccomended tanking.

Edit3:Rawr I don't want to triple post. Post? ::'

Finished Bloodveld rates. Was dissapointed, but it's understandable.

In one hour, I can kill 97.25 Bloodvelds, resulting in 49,408 Range Expierience and 12,352 Slayer Expierience. There are two kinds of Bloodvelds in the room, one with 120 hp and one with 134 hp. Because of this, I did the math with an average of 127 hp. I have to admit, I expected a lot better from Bloodvelds. Was almost dismayed. =( Baby Black Dragons give better exp than Bloodvelds because of the fact that you can use a Familiar at Babies. The Slayer Tower Bloodvelds do not have that luxury. This is just ranging with a Rune Crossbow+Range Potions, potting back up at 104 Range.

A_Punk.png

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Triple Post, yeah I know. Think it's okay since it is updates. If it's not, can a mod tellme? Would help if someone posted though. :P Hint hint.

Dagannoth Exp is done now.

In one hour, I can kill 384.36 Dagannoths, resulting in 148,596 Range Expierience and 37,149 Slayer Expierience. This is with a cannon, range potions, and a Geyser Titan. There are 3 Kinds of Dags in this place so these numbers were done with the average of 96.66 hp each dag.

A_Punk.png

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Man, I just thought it'd post again to tell you what a good guide this is. The amount of data in here is immense!

How come you dont go back to melee slaying for most tasks now that you have 99 ranged? Most tasks can be finished faster with melee, I think?

Oh, and something I was wondering. Is there a viable thing as Mage Slaying?

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

Man, I just thought it'd post again to tell you what a good guide this is. The amount of data in here is immense!

How come you dont go back to melee slaying for most tasks now that you have 99 ranged? Most tasks can be finished faster with melee, I think?

Oh, and something I was wondering. Is there a viable thing as Mage Slaying?

Hehe thanks. :)

I'm not sure why I don't go back to melee slaying. Probably cause I'm bored with it. I did get maxed melee with slayer. It is indeed faster, but Range Slaying isn't so bad either. I thought I was getting 10k Slayer Exp per hour with Melee because that's just the average I heard a lot. But I get ~11k Slayer Exp per hour from just Ranging. Melee must be around 16k or so :o I do find Range much more fun though.

I don't think there's such a thing as efficient Mage Slaying. It would be a nice side project, but I don't know a lot about mage, and I downright hate the Skill. I'll leave the first Mage Slaying guide to someone else. :P

You should do Legacy of Seergaze for Mutated Bloodvelds, I'm very interested in the exp rates and how you would go about killing them.

Yeah I probably should. I think I'll try and do that after the Exp Rates are done. ::'

A_Punk.png

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Hey guys, sorry but no updates will come today. Kind of a stupid reason but I missed the "Lost" season premiere yesterday because my girlfriend came over and wanted to play Left 4 Dead. So i'm watching it now. Sorry again. Dust Devil rates will be tommorow though.

A_Punk.png

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Nice to see the guide is going well.After 99 range I only range black demon/black dragon tasks and you have a small typo, it's experience.

Ha thanks. That typo is probably throughout the guide. :-# Hehe, I always mess that up. Just going to abbreviate it from now on. 8-)

A_Punk.png

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Oh hai thar. Dusty rates are done. Decided to completely re-do the Dusty section. Originally, I reccomended safespotting. I now have decided that they're really not worth that. ;) Semi Tank and Geyser Titan is ftw. As soon as I'm done posting this, I'll start updating :)

In one hour, I can kill 137.371 Dust Devils, resulting in 57,696 Range Exp and 14,424 Slayer Exp. Not bad to be honest. This test was conducted at 99 Range, potting back up at 104 Range, and with a Geyser Titan.

::'

Edit: Fire Giant Rates are done.

In one hour, I can kill 108.55 Fire Giants per hour, resulting in 48,200 Range Experience and 12,050 Slayer Exp. Kinda lower than I expected, but I guess that's what happens with no familiar and a crowded place. It took a lot of work to be constantly fighting here, be wary of the low levels. Wtfpwn them if needed. <3 This was conducted at 99 Range and potting back up at 104 Range.

Edit2: Updating Dagganoth section with new pics that I had forgotten to add. Sorreh!

A_Punk.png

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Do fire giants in chaos tunnels?

Constant combat garantueed.

I was going to do that but they just hit too hard to tank and there are no possible safespots.. I stuggle there meleeing with a bunyip, I need a Unicorn there while meleeing. I can't imagine a way where a Tank outfit would work efficiently. A bunyip downright wouldn't work and a Unicorn would cost a bit since you'll be healing a lot. They're like lv 86 and they're accurate as hell. -.-

Gargoyle rates are done, and I'm sad. :(

In one hour, I can kill 93.009 Gargoyles resulting in a paltry 39,064 Range Experience and 9,766 Slayer Experience. Sad really. I think once I'm done with the other exp rates I'll come back to this and try Tanking with a Geyser or a healing familiar. Because this is just sad. >_> This test was done with 99 Range, potted, and potting back up at 104 Range.

A_Punk.png

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Very nice spot :D I'll head over there for a test after this Gorak Exp Rate trip. I'm also completely re-doing the Gorak section. I reccomend tanking over safespotting. Although neither are very good or safe.

A_Punk.png

Formerly RobinHoodie.

That's still quite annoying. There's also no surefire safespot as the Goraks have a habit of spawning right next to you. :( I tried it for a while but just ended up tanking. Gorak Exp rates are done now.

In one hour, I can kill 121.991 Goraks, resulting in 54,652 Range Experience and 13,662 Slayer Experience. Not bad by most standards. Really annoying being here though, but not bad exp as mentioned. This test was done with 99 Range, potted, potting back at 104 Range and with a healing familiar.

Edit:And going to re-do Goraks section right now.

Edit2:Gorak section re-done. :thumbup:

A_Punk.png

Formerly RobinHoodie.

For those Cannoning task you multiplied the xp by 4 I think.

Eg. 360 spectre =/= 114k xp with cannon.

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/