BabyPunchers' Guide to Range-Slaying

BabyPunchers

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think cannon spots and non cannon spots should be mentioned in the guide for all the monsters. I'm sure you can cannon Goraks, or you could try different spots or mention different spots. Also monsters suitable for using chinchompas on.

Goraks could be killed in the GWD with a familiar which may be better, Hellhounds in the GWD, cannoning Fire Giants in the wildy, etc. Abby specs without a cannon may be better for people with lower incomes, with a cannon for these who earn a lot.

imagangster.png

I think cannon spots and non cannon spots should be mentioned in the guide for all the monsters. I'm sure you can cannon Goraks, or you could try different spots or mention different spots. Also monsters suitable for using chinchompas on.

Goraks could be killed in the GWD with a familiar which may be better, Hellhounds in the GWD, cannoning Fire Giants in the wildy, etc. Abby specs without a cannon may be better for people with lower incomes, with a cannon for these who earn a lot.

Didn't know you could cannon Goraks. :o I'll do that when I update the guide next, won't be for a while though.

Goraks just shouldn't be killed in the GWD because of how hard they hit. You'll want to use a Healing familiar anyway, and for the lower levels you should be near a bank for replenishing food supplies. For Hellhounds, I've yet to find a spot in the GWD with 3 spawns or more of them and besides, you should be cannoning them anyway. Cannoning in the Wild is bound to lose you some money though, because if a Rev comes and you tele out, you'll more than likely lose your Cannon, which makes you go get it back. It's just rather inconvienient. And Abby Specs cost maybe 200k for the entire task because of the herb drops, I see no reason to not cannon them.

And thanks Theoknight2 and 3rkid for all your support. <3:

Edit:I'm going to do the Ranging Waterfiend section today, but after that I won't be majorly updating this guide for a while. I've been yearning to melee slay for a bit and I've been 200k off of 94 Slay for so long because I've been working on the exp rates for this guide for about 2 weeks nonstop.

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Might I be one of the first to congratulate you on this wonderfully organized and crafted Guide being place into the AoW. :thumbsup:

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Congratulations! After review by the PMG moderating team, you guide has been promoted to the AoW! :thumbsup:

Congratz! :thumbsup:

Makes your sig a little obsolete doesn't it? ;)

Not going to lie, I jumped like a giddy schoolgirl when I saw that this was AoW. Epic win <3:<3:<3:

[hide=]wt61ed.jpg[/hide]

Wow, I'm so glad this is AoW :thumbsup: Hehe, well I suppose I should get to work. :lol: Waterfiend Section will come today hopefully, just have to add pictures. Think I have at most 20 Minutes ahead of me.

Wow that was quick, had more done than I thought. Here you go guys.

[hide=Waterfiends]Waterfiends are a task I thought were unrangable, and now, it seems ridiculously easy. The Method requires you to up-close Range them for 10 Minutes until they're unagressive and then you can safespot them. For this reason, a good Defense and Magic level is needed. Well not so much needed as reccomended. You'll only be fighting them with damage for about 10 Minutes.(Took 10:17 for them to stop being agressive to me, but that could be because I wasn't paying much attention to the clock) So it's okay to go in there with low Defense and Mage, just be wary. I fight them in the Whirlpool in Baxtorian Falls and in the spot marked on the map near the bottom of this section, you need to fight them there for this method to work.

090203191113od1.png

Full Range Bonus, which also has a bit of Magic Defense, which makes staying alive for 10 Minutes that much easier. Not much else to say except that the range attack is for hitting through the Waterfiends massive defense.

090203191503sy8.png

The Prayer pots and food are for you to last the ~10 Minutes while they're agressive. You will get hit by the Mage attack a bit, that's what the food is for. The Prayer Potions are for you to Pray Protection From Range. That'll keep you alive until they go Un-Aggressive. The obvious Games Necklace is to get to the spot. You may want to use a Bunyip in place of food. Doesn't really matter though.

n3szy9.png

That's the way to get to the spot. You'll be fighting besides a clump of rocks. Know them,love them, make love to them, I don't care which. The last one might be painful but I don't judge you. Once they're unaggressive, there are a lot of spots around to fight them without damage. Here are just a few of the spots that I use. Using these, youll be able to find a few that you discover yourself.

090202183023cb2.png090202183223kj8.png

090202183657sd2.png[/hide]

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Thanks Aslan <3: And 3rkid, get back on rs. :evil: Oh sorry, I forgot to add in the exp rates for waterfiends. Here you go guys.

In one hour, I can kill a meager 68.531 Waterfiends, resulting in 35,088 Range Experience and 8,772 Slayer Experience. Below average exp, but with great drops. Why can they never be both? :( Oh well. This test was conducted at 99 Range and Potting up at 105 Range.

A_Punk.png

Formerly RobinHoodie.

I actually recommended this guide for AOW... just at the wrong place :lol: Get that void section done? :twss:

Thanks for reccomending! And I never said there'd be a full blown void section. :o It'll probably be something like

"Voidable:Yes, [because blah blah]"

"Voidable:No, [because more blah blah]"

A_Punk.png

Formerly RobinHoodie.

I actually recommended this guide for AOW... just at the wrong place :lol: Get that void section done? :twss:

Thanks for reccomending! And I never said there'd be a full blown void section. :o It'll probably be something like

"Voidable:Yes, [because blah blah]"

"Voidable:No, [because more blah blah]"

At least it's something...I just want someone to find out if it is good to use void on a certain monster or not...im too lazy to go and research every monster's defence so I get other people to do it...like you :P

I've been posting a lot lol. For trolls an option is the chaos tunnels ice trolls or cannoning the ones above neitiznot - I heard the drops pay for your cannonballs (granite shields and rune kites), I'm sure you can range them too (there's a guide on TruthScape for melee but it probably can be applied to range too).

I think you could safespot range Warped Terrorbirds, or cannon + range them - I have them for slayer so I'll test them out later. If you trap them on the corners they'll only use their range attack, so you just pray against range and range them away. With cannon you can hide behind statue and let the cannon do all the work. :P

For cannoning fire giants in the wild, I've never seen a rev there (the underground dungeon west of Mage Bank), there's safespots and a gate so you can hide behind and let your cannon take them out. Not sure revs can even go down there.

An option instead of super defence potions, or on tasks you want to tank is the enchanted excalibur. There's not much use for your special bar ranging, and the HP restore could come in handy.

For Goraks in the GWD, there are safespots you can use, however if cannoning is efficient you may as well do that.

imagangster.png

For cannoning fire giants in the wild, I've never seen a rev there (the underground dungeon west of Mage Bank), there's safespots and a gate so you can hide behind and let your cannon take them out. Not sure revs can even go down there.

Yes, they can go in.

^can't they go through doors? :? And thanks, I'll take your post in mind next time I update. ::'

A_Punk.png

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Good guide :)

Sometimes i slay warped terrorbirds using range, i can not find a perfect safespot although i can do it effectively.

I stand in the first doorway (that leads to the first room of warped terrorbirds) and sometimes setup a cannon if i plan to tank and run around with my chimes (but i find that isn't very effective use of a cannon)

This way you can completely block out melee attacks, some higher leveled people may find they only need a bunyip or food and no prayer.

Another method i found works really well is to heal on the tortoises with guthans, (which is only 5 steps away) and continue slaying.

However what i usually do is tank in the room with one terrorbird in it, which is almost as effective as melee with the best equipment. Might get round to posting a screenshot in a week or two.

johannase.jpg

Thank you to tripsis for an awesome sig!

Added a Voidable section. It's basically a paragraph at the bottom of each task, saying whether or not it's good to Void. ::'

A_Punk.png

Formerly RobinHoodie.