BabyPunchers' Guide to Range-Slaying

BabyPunchers

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can use void for basilisks, just pray melee and you'll be fine. Smoke brings you down to 1hp but it doesn't kill you.

Thank ya, I'll add that in now. ::'

Awesome guide, im using it from 95-99 range. But i've tried waterfiends, and after they got unagressive, i kept fighting them with an obstacle between me and the waterfiend. Nooby waterfiend kept attacking me with range and mage... did Jagex change something, or am I doing something wrong?

Mage Bl1tzer

You can't just have one or two spaces between you and a waterfiend for it to work. Yuu need atleast 4-5 to safespot them. It takes a bit of practice but you'll learn soon enough. ::'

Also Assigned by Chaldaer, or whatever the Zanris one's name is. But superb guide!

Ha thanks, I had forgotten about that noob fairy. :P

wow

Great guide.

i'll be using this once i start ranging.

Thank you kindly. :D

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

This is off topic, but how do you get that blue/green shield?

It looks nice and I want to get it :twss:

It's a painted rune kiteshield. You can paint it in your house, or someone else's, and you need your family crest to be guthix to get that colors. Tip's construction guide can tell you more.

How about adding in the Zanik's crossbow from the newest quest? It's 12 ranged attack less than the rune crossbow and has a rather strong special, It's stronger on enemies wearing God armour so perhaps it would be good for Spirtual mages/warriors?

The extra damage on god armor only works on players, there's only a 3-15 extra damage on Npcs that occurs on every special. However, I have found it to be an excellent spec weapon. As a main weapon, the only place one might consider it is if you yourself aren't the main damage(cannoning) or if you can't get your arrows back(greaters in blue dragon dungeon). Bolts equivalent to broad-tipped available with it(adamant) cost several times as much, and the cheap bolts(bone or lower level metal) hit much, much lower, not to mention the lower accuracy and -5 prayer bonus.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

The extra damage on god armor only works on players, there's only a 3-15 extra damage on Npcs that occurs on every special. However, I have found it to be an excellent spec weapon. As a main weapon, the only place one might consider it is if you yourself aren't the main damage(cannoning) or if you can't get your arrows back(greaters in blue dragon dungeon). Bolts equivalent to broad-tipped available with it(adamant) cost several times as much, and the cheap bolts(bone or lower level metal) hit much, much lower, not to mention the lower accuracy and -5 prayer bonus.

I find it rather effective with bone bolts, I've hit 29 with bone bolts special, no potions no prayers, void though.

I agree, it is a very good weapon to special, seeing as rangers don't get many good bow specials.

S1r_eatalot.png

I find it rather effective with bone bolts, I've hit 29 with bone bolts special, no potions no prayers, void though.

I agree, it is a very good weapon to special, seeing as rangers don't get many good bow specials.

Yes, I've hit a 47 with bone bolts, but that was with the special. It's really not effective as a main weapon, because it's less accurate than a rune crossbow and is either more expensive or less powerful than broad bolts. So unless you can't get your bolts back and you need to use cheap stuff, or your crossbow isn't doing most of the damage, it's not really useful as anything but a spec weapon.

Great guide, I've been trying to finish some of my tasks using range so as not to waste the slayer training time. I can't find the safespot for waterfiends though.... 3 times I tried looking for that clump of rocks, and ended having them aggressive towards me again...

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

I'd love to read your guide, but for some reason I can never even load the first page.
Same for me now. :o I'd recommend getting rid of all the same images over and over that aren't necessary - if you can edit your first post. :o Well it does load abeit very slowly.

Time : 13.814s
imagangster.png

Sorry, I havn't been on Runescape lately so therfore, havn't been on these forums. What with midterms this week, been staying at the gym later, and my 360. :P I'll answer some stuff now.

I was really intrigued with the new crossbow. I would love to have it as a spec weapon but the only thing I don't like is losing two inventory spots for it. (Addy bolts+crossbow) and it's quite annoying to switch over. Can it use broad bolts to eliminate the switching off? On a similar note, I'll explore the Rune Throwing Axe as a spec weapon in Multi combat places soon, I just had the idea. ;)

Very nice guide. I seriously laughed when your friend said you would "die in a ditch" without the melee defense on scarabites.

Sounded really fun.

Heh I love that guy. Epically funny. :lol: Wish I could talk to him without actually being on Runescape. (hint hint theo)

I'd love to read your guide, but for some reason I can never even load the first page.

Same for me now. :o I'd recommend getting rid of all the same images over and over that aren't necessary - if you can edit your first post. :o Well it does load abeit very slowly.

Heh, It takes a little bit to load for me too(only about 4 seconds, but that's probably because I've loaded it so many times). I'd love to fix this, but I don't see what images are unneeded. Any ideas?

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

I think the images is what's making a guide. I guess you can put a warning or so but it's probably just the imagehoster that is overloaded and it takes a while for em to load cuz of that. Anyways keep it up! :)

Wexexx.png

Wexexx.png

[hide=]

Sorry, I havn't been on Runescape lately so therfore, havn't been on these forums. What with midterms this week, been staying at the gym later, and my 360. :P I'll answer some stuff now.

I was really intrigued with the new crossbow. I would love to have it as a spec weapon but the only thing I don't like is losing two inventory spots for it. (Addy bolts+crossbow) and it's quite annoying to switch over. Can it use broad bolts to eliminate the switching off? On a similar note, I'll explore the Rune Throwing Axe as a spec weapon in Multi combat places soon, I just had the idea. ;)

Very nice guide. I seriously laughed when your friend said you would "die in a ditch" without the melee defense on scarabites.

Sounded really fun.

Heh I love that guy. Epically funny. :lol: Wish I could talk to him without actually being on Runescape. (hint hint theo)

Heh, It takes a little bit to load for me too(only about 4 seconds, but that's probably because I've loaded it so many times). I'd love to fix this, but I don't see what images are unneeded. Any ideas?

[/hide]

Nope, it can't use broads.

The fact u recommended Karils against miths made me laugh a bit :D

Armadyls have highest mage def in game u see (from what I compared the stats like 25-33% higher than blackhide).

Nice guide :)

I only reccomended it over Dragonhide. ;) I just didn't have Armadyl at the time that picture was taken. I should put in the fact that Armadyl is better though. Thanks. ::'

I think the images is what's making a guide. I guess you can put a warning or so but it's probably just the imagehoster that is overloaded and it takes a while for em to load cuz of that. Anyways keep it up!

Not sure where I would put the warning. Title's too long as is and putting it actually in the guide would be pretty useless. :lol:

[quo]what if you dont have enough cash and ranged lvl for ur guide? Make notes for the lower lvl also, then much better

Could you elaborate? Pretty interested.

Nope, it can't use broads.

*Cried a little* Oh well. Should make a decent spec weapon anyway. I'll put that in when I can.

A_Punk.png

Formerly RobinHoodie.

I think the images is what's making a guide. I guess you can put a warning or so but it's probably just the imagehoster that is overloaded and it takes a while for em to load cuz of that. Anyways keep it up!

Not sure where I would put the warning. Title's too long as is and putting it actually in the guide would be pretty useless. :lol:

You could try making an "Equipment" hide tab at the beginning and just refer to that instead of posting a new picture every time unless it's equipment for only that monster(Like for skeletal wyverns or baby black drags). That would cut the pictures in a little less than half.

I think that would require the reader to keep going back and forth between the monster and the equipment tab. I just don't think it'd work very well.

Oh, before I forget, I found this nifty little glitch while trying out Rune Throwing Axes. You can see it

A_Punk.png

Formerly RobinHoodie.

I think that would require the reader to keep going back and forth between the monster and the equipment tab. I just don't think it'd work very well.

Oh, before I forget, I found this nifty little glitch while trying out Rune Throwing Axes. You can see it

:lol: That's like the 12th time I have been Rick Roll'd :?

During this guide, I will not mention Void Ranger armour. It may be useful at some spots but I will not mention it at all for the simple reason that I just dont like it and hate the minigame it's involved in. I baiscally refuse to spend hours at a game I hate for pictures because if you choose to use it, then just swap out the Dragonhide or Armadyl in the setups for Void. It's pretty simple.

So, how's that not mentioning void going?

During this guide, I will not mention Void Ranger armour. It may be useful at some spots but I will not mention it at all for the simple reason that I just dont like it and hate the minigame it's involved in. I baiscally refuse to spend hours at a game I hate for pictures because if you choose to use it, then just swap out the Dragonhide or Armadyl in the setups for Void. It's pretty simple.

So, how's that not mentioning void going?

Wow I fail at life. Taken out kthxbai.

As none of you know, I'm pretty much semi-quit Runescape again. Not sure why, just boring to me. Maybe I'll come back, but there's not much appeal, especially when you're a high level.

A_Punk.png

Formerly RobinHoodie.

off topic a bit, but i have a question about chins.

Do grey chins have area affect like reds? I've always thought they didn't, but someone told me they did. explain?

Indie_Kids.png

"Don't push me; what's the hurry?" - Imogen Heap