BabyPunchers' Guide to Range-Slaying

BabyPunchers

I have to hop once or twice at most, during 550 kills(pies run out at this kc :( ).

The reason I said that you get less exp there is because the Saradomin Mages have Werewolves and the like attacking them right? Well that alone gives less range exp, and if they manage to get the last hit in, well you get half or none(can't remember because of that Ring Of Recoil update) of the slayer exp. :o

I was also the only idiot that didn't see the system update just now. Had jsut got attacked by an Iron Drag when it happened. -.-

Edit:Finished the test with 6 hp left, cause I was an idiot and got meleed a few times. Got the rates though. :)

In one hour, I can kill 26.85 Steel Dragons resulting in 23,628 Range Experience and 5,910 Slayer Experience. Those are probably the worst exp rates in this guide. The reason for that being the fact that there are onyl about 5 spawns per world which are always crowded and there are dozens of agressive Iron dragons to keep you from getting your task. I highly reccomend skipping these.

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ze guide is back. :D

Ze yours or ze mines? :P

And I just realised that Mithril Dragons are only a few hundred exp less than Steel Dragons in terms of exp per hour! Wow Steels are horrible.

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Just had a couple of questions about the guide, quite interested in trying this out as a method of training Ranged. ;)

-What is more important in your opinion? Armadyl armour or a DFS?

-What tasks would you recommend blacklisting?

-What is the average estimate of exp/hour?

Thanks. :)

Yours obviously.

&rly? I didnt know steels failed so bad. I always wonder why people put them on their blacklists :P

Yeah, at Miths you'll almost always be in constant combat, even just sticking to one spawn. At Steels, there's a lot of running around and getting hit by Irons. :o

Ewww they aren't putting your guide in AOW because you haven't got void? That sucks real bad.

Oh, you haven't used both of the banners!

ha it's probably not the lack of void. That's just what 3r said, he was probably joking :P

And i will after I finish Suqah rates! Thought I did it. :-#

Broken image->greaters,red dragons

Orly? I knew about reds but not about Greaters. :o I'll fix when I have the time. Thanks. ::'

Just had a couple of questions about the guide, quite interested in trying this out as a method of training Ranged.

-What is more important in your opinion? Armadyl armour or a DFS?

-What tasks would you recommend blacklisting?

-What is the average estimate of exp/hour?

Thanks.

-Honestly? Spend it all on cannonballs or enough prayer pots to pray +10% Range on every task. Armadyl armor is not worth the money, I just used it cause I was/am madly in love with it. The Dfs is similar. It is useful at tanking, but on the majority of tasks, a Rune Kiteshield is enough. The Dfs only comes in handy on Fire Giants and Nechraels. Even then, both of those tasks can be safespotted.

-Steel Dragons certainly, Iron Dragons, Scabarites, and Red Dragons(Only Summona) The last Duradel slot could be Miths but I wouldn't grace them with that. They're assigned very rarely.

-Average I would sat would be ~65k Range exp per hour. Not sure, but that's a decent estimate. Might be higher because of all the cannonables though. After I finish all the exp rates I'll see an average. ::'

A_Punk.png

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Suqah rates are done. \'

In one hour, I can gain 82,264 Range Experience and 20,556 Slayer Experience cannoning Suqahs. This test was conducted at 99 Range, Potting back up at 105 Range, with a Geyser Titan and a Cannon.

Decided to go the prayer route instead of the safespot I reccomended in my guide. The guide will be updated accordingly now. ::'

Edit:Banshee Rates are done. In Summona's tasks now. :-# I skipped War Tortoises and one other that I forgot because I can't access them at this time.

In one hour, I can kill enough Banshees to net me 92,548 Range Experience and 23,137 Slayer Experience. Pretty hefty experience rate. ::' This test was conducted at 99 Range, potting back up at 105 Range, and with a Cannon. No Fighting familiar though, the Banshees hit too hard/fast to last very long without a Unicorn/Bunyip.

Edit2:Basilisks just wtfpwned Abby Spectres in exp per hour. All hail the new leader.

In one hour, I fire 2,600 Cannonballs at the Smokey Slayer Dungeon to get a whopping 115k Range Experience and 28,884 Slayer Experience! That's right, a level 61 monster gives you all this. The reason for this is that, they have the defense power of an ant and they spawn freakishly quickly. I got 115k experience here on a world with only 900 people on it! Quite good. :shock: This test was conducted at 99 Range, potting up at 105 Range, a Geyser Titan and a Cannon. By the way, with no healing familiar, I have to eat 1 Monkfish every half hou with full Ranged Bonus gear. It's a shame you probably couldn't get this much experience in a task, as I'm sure it requires you to kill quite a few past 199 Basilisks.

A_Punk.png

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Well at least the guide still owns.

What the hell a ghost!? Come back theo I love you!

Rawr on a more official note. Blue Dragons are done. Sorry, only had enough time for one task today. Supernatural and Smallville day <3

In one hour, I can kill 64.805 Blue Dragons(not including banking), resulting in 27,996 Range Experience and 6,999 Slayer Experience. Ha, anti-climactic slayer exp. Oh well. I expected worse for Blue Drags, but I was hitting really accurately on them. This test was conducted at 99 Range, Potting back up at 105 Range, and with War Tortoise familiar to hold the hides.

A_Punk.png

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Im feeling the urge. Ive maxed out my characters on wow, the people there are morons, and im feeling the pull of rs again. Im just afraid of running out of content, and being back where I started.

Come back and I love you like an Oompaloompa loves Lawlipops. <3:

Cave Crawlers are done. Hate them. -.-

In one hour, I can gain 97,796 Range Experience and 24,449 Slayer Experience at the Smokey Slayer Dungeon Cave Crawlers. Pretty good, I must admit :D This is with a Cannon,99 Range and potting back up at 105 Range.

These guys require a rather unorthodox method to fight efficiently. The guide will be updated to detail this method right now. \:D/

Edit:Elves are done. \:D/ Skipped Cave Horrors since I cannot access them.

In one hour, I can kill 93.672 Elves in Lletya, resulting in 41,216 Range Experience and 10,304 Slayer Experience. Not bad really. Kind of average for most people. This test was conducted at 99 Range, potting back up at 105 Range, and running to the altar every once in a while to be able to continuously use Protect from Melee.

A_Punk.png

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Which room are you using for fire giants in the chaos tunnels? There are 3 rooms, and the task will probably be better if you go to another room. Room 11 is what I use for melee normally, as it has more spawns and is smaller than room 16, but you'd have to tank. Never used room 37 so not sure about that room.

(Using the Tip.it map which is labelled in room numbers)

I need to try and convince you about using black knives and void, just need to prove that the exp is better for some tasks. :P

imagangster.png

Beep beep!

In the duradel list section, you have a guide on warped tortoises but in other duradel list you're saying that theres no efficient way to kill warped tortoises.

OT: Nice guide, was just wondering if theres any way to kill warped terrorbird. Ty

ib7rVm.png

Which room are you using for fire giants in the chaos tunnels? There are 3 rooms, and the task will probably be better if you go to another room. Room 11 is what I use for melee normally, as it has more spawns and is smaller than room 16, but you'd have to tank. Never used room 37 so not sure about that room.

(Using the Tip.it map which is labelled in room numbers)

I need to try and convince you about using black knives and void, just need to prove that the exp is better for some tasks. :P

I've tried out room 37 and room 16, never 11 though. Although, from the looks of it, there doesn't seem to be many safespots and tanking Fire Giants with anything below a Unicorn makes you have to bank from what I've seen. :? Are there any safespots I don't see in 11?

Black Knives are more than likely not better exp than Broad Bolts. Broads are just a lot better. They hit decently fast, are a LOT more accurate, and hit really hard for their price. Void on the other hand is probably faster exp, but I refuse to spend 5 hours at a game I hate as much as I do. :P Besides, it's pretty easy to swap out the Dragonhide/Armadyl in the setups for Void.

Beep beep!

In the duradel list section, you have a guide on warped tortoises but in other duradel list you're saying that theres no efficient way to kill warped tortoises.

OT: Nice guide, was just wondering if theres any way to kill warped terrorbird. Ty

Beep beep!

Ha wow, can't believe I forgot to take them out of that thing. :-# Thanks for that. ::'

As for Terrorbirds, there's not a way that I know of to efficiently kill them with range. Rawr, I completely forgot to add them to that section though. Will do. ::'

A_Punk.png

Formerly RobinHoodie.

I've tried out room 37 and room 16, never 11 though. Although, from the looks of it, there doesn't seem to be many safespots and tanking Fire Giants with anything below a Unicorn makes you have to bank from what I've seen. :? Are there any safespots I don't see in 11?

Black Knives are more than likely not better exp than Broad Bolts. Broads are just a lot better. They hit decently fast, are a LOT more accurate, and hit really hard for their price. Void on the other hand is probably faster exp, but I refuse to spend 5 hours at a game I hate as much as I do. :P Besides, it's pretty easy to swap out the Dragonhide/Armadyl in the setups for Void.

~

Ha wow, can't believe I forgot to take them out of that thing. :-# Thanks for that. ::'

As for Terrorbirds, there's not a way that I know of to efficiently kill them with range. Rawr, I completely forgot to add them to that section though. Will do. ::'

I killed Fire Giants with no food with fighter torso and rune defender using bunyip, so with a verac skirt, helm and a decent shield I'm sure it'd be possible to range. You can run behind them so you only get one attacking you at a time if you need to. It intrigued me today that I was getting a few similar tasks to a high ranked player in the highscores, and watching him do all his tasks in proselyte, praying melee and probably using piety. If you're rich I guess you could use proselyte skirt and arma top and use 10/15% prayers on ranging tasks.

According to the KB you can't get warped tortoises from Duradel. :( I was killing them earlier for fun and got 50k or so xp and 300k worth of tortoise shells (and 2 rune picks). I've heard people talking about ranging waterfiends, I don't see why it won't work so it's worth a try.

imagangster.png

~

I killed Fire Giants with no food with fighter torso and rune defender using bunyip, so with a verac skirt, helm and a decent shield I'm sure it'd be possible to range. You can run behind them so you only get one attacking you at a time if you need to. It intrigued me today that I was getting a few similar tasks to a high ranked player in the highscores, and watching him do all his tasks in proselyte, praying melee and probably using piety. If you're rich I guess you could use proselyte skirt and arma top and use 10/15% prayers on ranging tasks.

According to the KB you can't get warped tortoises from Duradel. :( I was killing them earlier for fun and got 50k or so xp and 300k worth of tortoise shells (and 2 rune picks). I've heard people talking about ranging waterfiends, I don't see why it won't work so it's worth a try.

How do you people do this? :wall: This is my setup for meleeing and I'm usually at a constant 40 hp throughout the task with a bunyip. I need a uni to even do the task without fear of death.

Slayer Helm

Fury

Fighter Torso

Torag's Legs

Trimmed Skill Cape

Dragon Boots

Barrows Gloves

Rune Defender

Berserker Ring

Abby Whip

With that setup, I'm 40 hp throughout the task at 99 Defense. That's why I think tanking Fires would be downright suicidal. I might just be doing something wrong, but I can't figure out what. Any ideas? :?

And the Knowledge Base arcticle isn't updated regularly, I go by the Tipit article.

I am also curious about Ranging Waterfiends, I'll look into it when I have the time, won't be for a while.

A_Punk.png

Formerly RobinHoodie.

I am also curious about Ranging Waterfiends, I'll look into it when I have the time, won't be for a while.

Lol, I was just coming to this topic to post that. I noticed you were missing it.

http://www.truthscape.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1626

^It does work. I suggest either emmy(e) or broad bolts instead of diamond(e), because it's not much faster with diamonds over broads(the spec doesn't kick in often enough)

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

How do you people do this? :wall: This is my setup for meleeing and I'm usually at a constant 40 hp throughout the task with a bunyip. I need a uni to even do the task without fear of death.

Slayer Helm

Fury

Fighter Torso

Torag's Legs

Trimmed Skill Cape

Dragon Boots

Barrows Gloves

Rune Defender

Berserker Ring

Abby Whip

For starters, switch your Fighter torso with Torag's top, and you'll see a huge difference. Then, replace Uni's with a Combat familiar (srsly.) Bring Guthan's and an inv of Pineapple pizzas, and you'll kill it faster then you would with a uni and fighter torso, I promise. ;)

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

Lol, I was just coming to this topic to post that. I noticed you were missing it.

http://www.truthscape.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1626

^It does work. I suggest either emmy(e) or broad bolts instead of diamond(e), because it's not much faster with diamonds over broads(the spec doesn't kick in often enough)

Awesome! I think I'll start doing this right after the exp rates, which I plan to spend hours on and hopefully finish today. \'

For starters, switch your Fighter torso with Torag's top, and you'll see a huge difference. Then, replace Uni's with a Combat familiar (srsly.) Bring Guthan's and an inv of Pineapple pizzas, and you'll kill it faster then you would with a uni and fighter torso, I promise.

Nice :o Wow, I can't believe I never thought of that. With Torags Top and 99 Defense, is there even any task where I would need a Unicorn? :o

Do you use super def pots on tasks? They help greatly for me.

Ha nope. I think I'll try that when ranging now that you say so. Thanks, I'll go do that right now! \'

Kurask Rates are also done. Very low and I'm not sure why. :(

In one hour, I can kill 94.04 Kurasks and gain 36,488 Range Experience and 9,122 Slayer Experience. Pretty low, which is wierd. This test was conducted at 99 Range and potting back up at 105 Range.

Edit: Tanking Fire Giant rates are done! Very pleased.

In one hour, I can kill 119.02 Fire Giants in the Chaos Tunnels, resulting in 52,848 Range Experience and 13,212 Slayer Experience. Pretty pleased with these results. Tanking these gives a signifigant increase in Exp per hour. This test was conducted at 99 Range, Potting back up at 105 Range, potting Defense back up at 105 Defense, and with a Bunyip.

Edit2: Red Dragon Rates are done.

In one hour, I can kill 52.47 Red Dragons, not including banking, which results in 30,438 Range Experience and 7,910 Slayer Experience. Pretty subpar, but it's a dragon, what can you expect? This test was done with 99 Range, Potting back up at 105 Range, and with a War Tortoise.

A_Punk.png

Formerly RobinHoodie.

look:

[hide=]hmm[/hide]

[hide=]hmm[/hide]

[hide=]hmm[/hide]

[hide=]hmm

• [/hide]

[hide=]hmm

• [/hide]

[hide=]hmm

• [/hide]

how does he do it?

[hide=]hmm[/hide]

[hide=]hmm[/hide]

[hide=]hmm[/hide]

[hide=]hmm[list][/hide][/list]

put the list tags around the [/hide] tags

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

Yeah Inuyashakent pointed that out a few pages back. I honestly see very little difference, and I don't see much point in changing them all to that. It doesn't really help does it? :?

Spiritual Warrior Rates are done

In one hour, I can kill 134.38 Spiritual Warriors, resulting in 52,752 Range Experience and 13,438 Slayer Experience. Pretty well for a monster that can bring a decent profit. This test was conducted with 99 Range, potting up at 105 Range, and with a Geyser Titan.

Edit:Mountain Troll rates are done.

In one hour, I can kill 122.37 Trolls, resulting in 44,544 Range Experience and 11,136 Slayer Experience. Pretty standard for Range Slaying. This test was conducted at 99 Range, Potting up at 105 Range, and with a Healing familiar.

A_Punk.png

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Turoth and therefore all the exp rates I'm doing are done. Finally. I gained ~950k Range Experience by just doing the exp rates for all these things.

In one hour, I can kill 154.75 Turoths which results in 49,520 Range Experience and 12,380 Slayer Experience. Slightly above average and pretty close to the 50k mark. This test was conducted at 99 Range, Potting up at 105 Range, and with a Geyser Titan.

A_Punk.png

Formerly RobinHoodie.