BabyPunchers' Guide to Range-Slaying

BabyPunchers

Oh Jesh...thanks for adding in that section <3:

EDIT- Eh..what about fighting Kurasks, Baslisks, and Turoth in the slayer cave in Relleka in void?No need for the helm there :-k

I wouldn't dream of fighting Basilisks anywhere but the Slayer Dungeon. 115k exp per hour because of that cannon and Geyser Titan. Kurasks and Turoths also benefit from the Fighting familiar too. I think that the familiar would give more experience than Void would. :thumbup:

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just had a Bloodveld task and i recorded my results to compare as i never use safe spots there. I just stood in the middle of the room and continually shot them. Wearing void, ranger boots, archer ring, fury and accumulator with 97 range potting at 104 and 84 defense these were my results.

141 killed, 71k range exp and almost 18k slayer exp in one hour which is a fair bit faster than what you got.

I easily got by with a void spinner for 27 mins and half and inv of lobbys. With your 99 defense you could probably get even better results.

Overall great guide. Thanks

kepp1.png

kepp1.png

Many wives will be punched for that paragraph. Except most people on here don't have wives.

Still thinking about doing this -- its really a great guide.

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

I just had a Bloodveld task and i recorded my results to compare as i never use safe spots there. I just stood in the middle of the room and continually shot them. Wearing void, ranger boots, archer ring, fury and accumulator with 97 range potting at 104 and 84 defense these were my results.

141 killed, 71k range exp and almost 18k slayer exp in one hour which is a fair bit faster than what you got.

I easily got by with a void spinner for 27 mins and half and inv of lobbys. With your 99 defense you could probably get even better results.

Overall great guide. Thanks

Will definetly try it next time I update. After Cannoning Fire Giants in the Wild though. :P

Many wives will be punched for that paragraph. Except most people on here don't have wives.

Still thinking about doing this -- its really a great guide.

Ha I think you're the only one that saw that Easter Egg/Rant so far. =D>

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

In one hour, I can kill 163.175 Baby Black Dragons, yielding 52,216 Range Expierience per hour and 13,054 Slayer exp per hour. Sadly, the max amount of Blacks you will get is about 60. This is also with 99 Range, potted, and a Geyser Titan familiar.
There is a set of gloves available from the Fist of Guthix minigame that anyone interested in Slayer should look to purchase. Dragon slayer gloves are an excellent tool for adventurers embarking on Slayer assignments to kill dragons. While wearing these gloves, you will receive 15% more Slayer experience for each dragon you kill and +10% to your Attack against dragons on a Slayer task. They will crumble to dust after killing 1,000 dragons on Slayer tasks.

You need a Slayer level of 70 to wear dragon slayer gloves.

With dragon slayer gloves that I mentioned earlier, this will mean that your slayer xp/hour will increase to 15012.1. I'm noit sure if "Attack against dragons on a Slayer task" applies for range too, but I'm certain that your slayer xp/hour will increase.
imagangster.png

A great guide :thumbsup: I'll certainly use this when I become member again. I have one question that the guide didn't answer.

Will you (on average) make a profit when slaying by following this guide? I know that with melee slaying, you make a big profit.

But you say 'use a cannon' and 'use prayer potions' for a lot of monsters and that seems pretty expensive to me!

Will the drops still cover the costs when slaying with range only?

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry guys, I took a 2 week break from runescape and since then, havn't replied to you all. Sorry again, but I needed that to keep me playing(That makes sense right?) Anyway, I'm back :) Lemme respond to you all, even though half of you won't even read this post :P

really good will surely use i usually range my tasks anyway.

this will make it a lot easier

100/10

Ha well thank you. \'

This guide is just simply amazing

10/10

Thank you kindly. 8-)

If you want to edit: dust devils are a great cannon task in the dust well in west of Pollnivneach. Arma body and skirt, slay helm and the usual equip. A few 100 cballs and you're fine..

edit: and a bunyip would help ;o)

Regards

I could've sworn that you couldn't cannon in there. Not sure though. Thanks. ::'

A great guide I'll certainly use this when I become member again. I have one question that the guide didn't answer.

Will you (on average) make a profit when slaying by following this guide? I know that with melee slaying, you make a big profit.

But you say 'use a cannon' and 'use prayer potions' for a lot of monsters and that seems pretty expensive to me!

If you use a cannon on all the tasks I reccomend it on, you more than likely will not make a profit, but Range slaying isn't bad without it, and you can still do it without a cannon. As for pray pots, I only reccomend them on tasks you would need them on even if you're meleeing, so thats negligible as it's the same for either way.

With dragon slayer gloves that I mentioned earlier, this will mean that your slayer xp/hour will increase to 15012.1. I'm noit sure if "Attack against dragons on a Slayer task" applies for range too, but I'm certain that your slayer xp/hour will increase.

In one hour, I can kill 163.175 Baby Black Dragons, yielding 52,216 Range Expierience per hour and 13,054 Slayer exp per hour. Sadly, the max amount of Blacks you will get is about 60. This is also with 99 Range, potted, and a Geyser Titan familiar.
There is a set of gloves available from the Fist of Guthix minigame that anyone interested in Slayer should look to purchase. Dragon slayer gloves are an excellent tool for adventurers embarking on Slayer assignments to kill dragons. While wearing these gloves, you will receive 15% more Slayer experience for each dragon you kill and +10% to your Attack against dragons on a Slayer task. They will crumble to dust after killing 1,000 dragons on Slayer tasks.

You need a Slayer level of 70 to wear dragon slayer gloves.

Hm, you know, it might be worth it. I just assumed that if they weren't worth it for melee, they weren't for range.

A_Punk.png

Formerly RobinHoodie.

You can actually use cannon in pollivneach well, that is what makes that spot incredibly amazing

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

I notice that in baby black dragons, you say the max you can get is about 60. I believe it is 80 at least, as currently I have a task of 77. :wall:

But, your sig is very true. I love it.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

Very nice guide. Ive been using it for a few weeks to try to get my range up a bit. With 99 defence and super defence potting, I havent needed more then a bunyip except for abbies for which i use a blessed spirit sheild, which i picked up for pure junk. Id recommend if somebody had the money, picking up a BSS is definatly worth the price since i believe its under 5m now.

envysfavouritemember.png

A great guide I'll certainly use this when I become member again. I have one question that the guide didn't answer.

If you use a cannon on all the tasks I reccomend it on, you more than likely will not make a profit, but Range slaying isn't bad without it, and you can still do it without a cannon. As for pray pots, I only reccomend them on tasks you would need them on even if you're meleeing, so thats negligible as it's the same for either way.

What about prayer potions for 10% range?

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

What about prayer potions for 10% range?

I don't reccomend it in this guide because of the fact that the cost adds up a lot over time because of the very small pray bonus you get from your Range Gear. That and changing the rates to include Pray would take me weeks and cost me more than I can afford to spend. I will add in a section detailing this though.

Ranged slaying ftw. Got 72-77 doing it. Nao I'm f2p so...

Eww f2p. :o I kid, I kid. ;)

Very nice guide. Ive been using it for a few weeks to try to get my range up a bit. With 99 defence and super defence potting, I havent needed more then a bunyip except for abbies for which i use a blessed spirit sheild, which i picked up for pure junk. Id recommend if somebody had the money, picking up a BSS is definatly worth the price since i believe its under 5m now.

I really wish I had more experience with Spirit Shields. They've been a thorn in my side for so long. -.-

I notice that in baby black dragons, you say the max you can get is about 60. I believe it is 80 at least, as currently I have a task of 77.

But, your sig is very true. I love it.

Oh really? Hm.. I never noticed that. I've gotten the number 60 multiple times but never above. I'll have to look into this.

You can actually use cannon in pollivneach well, that is what makes that spot incredibly amazing

I don't believe theres a decent cannon spot in that well, is there? I can't think of a place with more than 3 spawns. Not to mention you'd be wasting cannonballs on the fire elementals.

And, I wasn't going to update this guide until 95 Slayer but I thought I would try cannoning Fire Giants in the wilderness since I have a task of them. ::' Going to do that now.

A_Punk.png

Formerly RobinHoodie.

I don't believe theres a decent cannon spot in that well, is there? I can't think of a place with more than 3 spawns. Not to mention you'd be wasting cannonballs on the fire elementals.

abberantcannonspot.jpg

Im pretty sure this is the spot that zarfot was refferrs to in his guide. Ive found it to work really well.

envysfavouritemember.png

Fire Giant Cannon Exp Rates are done. Quite pleased. Sadly, it's not multi-combat, but it's still a good spot. Contrary to what I've been told, Revs CAN go in there. They do not get stopped by the door sometimes. I had an experience with one while testing. I don't know though, do revs take priority over other monsters attacking-wise? If not, then this place is almost completely safe as you'll always be in constant combat. Check out the new section when you get a chance. ::'

A_Punk.png

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Fire Giant Cannon Exp Rates are done. Quite pleased. Sadly, it's not multi-combat, but it's still a good spot. Contrary to what I've been told, Revs CAN go in there. They do not get stopped by the door sometimes. I had an experience with one while testing. I don't know though, do revs take priority over other monsters attacking-wise? If not, then this place is almost completely safe as you'll always be in constant combat. Check out the new section when you get a chance. ::'

I didn't know they can get in the door... :shock:

And yes, revs can steal you from combat.

Yeah, scared the hell outta me. It didn't attack me though, so I wasn't sure about priorty. Might've been the level of it. Gonna edit in a warning now. ::'

A_Punk.png

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Yeah, scared the hell outta me. It didn't attack me though, so I wasn't sure about priorty. Might've been the level of it. Gonna edit in a warning now. ::'

I'd think this spot is better than cannoning in the waterfall as I believe there's less spawns in there, it's crowded and you'd annoy everyone there. :P The wilderness is deserted, so it'd be likely noone will be stealing your xp. :D There's a decent spot for hellhounds in the wilderness too (5 or so of them packed together), as I blocked them due to the overcrowding in Taverly (south east from ardy lever, you could check it out if you want, if you get good results I'll have to try it. :P)

Cannoning tasks would be so quick that revs shouldn't cause much problem, otherwise you could go in welfare gear in a PvP world.

imagangster.png

You can use void for basilisks, just pray melee and you'll be fine. Smoke brings you down to 1hp but it doesn't kill you.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

Awesome guide, im using it from 95-99 range. But i've tried waterfiends, and after they got unagressive, i kept fighting them with an obstacle between me and the waterfiend. Nooby waterfiend kept attacking me with range and mage...:( did Jagex change something, or am I doing something wrong?

Mage Bl1tzer