BabyPunchers' Guide to Range-Slaying

BabyPunchers

off topic a bit, but i have a question about chins.

Do grey chins have area affect like reds? I've always thought they didn't, but someone told me they did. explain?

They have the same 3x3 square space explosion, damaging monsters in said vicinity, as the Carnivorous Chinchompas yet the Greys generally hit less and produce less experience.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You compleatly left out range void, which is probably the best range slayer armour ever

Not a bad guide, but the equipment you suggested was rubbish

FRONTPAGE.png

{DeviantART}{Last.Fm}{Join Sublime GFX, great community for artists!}

Back to RuneScape, Again.Avatar by Brian The Great

You compleatly left out range void, which is probably the best range slayer armour ever

Yes, Armdyl is complete rubbish. :roll:

God I hate the word "rubbish".

Awesome guide. It really helped me a lot.

Btw, I made this just a minute ago for the safespots at waterfiends. The red squares are where you stand, and the red circles are where the waterfiend will be. Feel free to use it in your waterfiend section of the guide if you want.

waterfiendssafespots.png

Edit: That safespot in the bottom left should be up and to the right one square. Sorry about that. Next time I go there I'll get another pic and fix it.

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

Try reading the guide before posting :wall:

Every monster has a small section on whether or not it can be voided

And what do you expect? It's not like melee's armor. A ranger has 3 choices. Black d'hide or blessed d'hide for pretty much anything, Karil's if they need the mage defense, or Armadyl, which trumps both for 15 times the cost. Even weapons are straightfoward for the most part. A rune crossbow for efficiency, now Zanik's crossbow for cheapness, or obsidian rings for performance(I believe. They're better than a rune crossbow at aviansies, so I assume that goes for anywhere.)

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

Yes, Armadyl is complete rubbish. :roll:

Armadyl is not rubbish its the highest stats for ranger armor.

Yes, Armadyl is complete rubbish. :roll:[/sarcasm]

I have edited in the sarcasm tag.

Anyway, Robinhoodie, perhaps you could test obsidian rings? As they are faster than a rune crossbow, more damaging than steel arrows, and a shield's accuracy better than a magic shortbow, they could potentially make faster kills.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

Try reading the guide before posting :wall:

Every monster has a small section on whether or not it can be voided

And what do you expect? It's not like melee's armor. A ranger has 3 choices. Black d'hide or blessed d'hide for pretty much anything, Karil's if they need the mage defense, or Armadyl, which trumps both for 15 times the cost. Even weapons are straightfoward for the most part. A rune crossbow for efficiency, now Zanik's crossbow for cheapness, or obsidian rings for performance(I believe. They're better than a rune crossbow at aviansies, so I assume that goes for anywhere.)

Compared to melee which has only one decent weapon.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

[hide=]

Yes, Armadyl is complete rubbish. :roll:[/sarcasm]

I have edited in the sarcasm tag.

Anyway, Robinhoodie, perhaps you could test obsidian rings? As they are faster than a rune crossbow, more damaging than steel arrows, and a shield's accuracy better than a magic shortbow, they could potentially make faster kills.

And are more expensive than rune arrows. :([/hide]

I cannoned fire giants for my slayer task a few days ago but attacked with melee, only got 1 rev (but the cannon actually attacked it lol, so it was no problem \' ). I just brought antipoison and a terrorbird with food just in case. It's a lot better than waterfall dungeon as there's no spiders the cannon attacks and noone ever goes there.

Can I ask where abouts you place the cannon though? Where I put it, I had to run around a bit to get one giant the cannon didn't attack.

imagangster.png

off topic a bit, but i have a question about chins.

Do grey chins have area affect like reds? I've always thought they didn't, but someone told me they did. explain?

They have the same 3x3 square space explosion, damaging monsters in said vicinity, as the Carnivorous Chinchompas yet the Greys generally hit less and produce less experience.

Note that Greys also are a lot cheaper. Thanks 3r :)

Awesome guide. It really helped me a lot.

Btw, I made this just a minute ago for the safespots at waterfiends. The red squares are where you stand, and the red circles are where the waterfiend will be. Feel free to use it in your waterfiend section of the guide if you want.

pic

Edit: That safespot in the bottom left should be up and to the right one square. Sorry about that. Next time I go there I'll get another pic and fix it.

Epic. Thanks mate, I'll add that in now and fully credit you. :D

This guide,is one of the best i've seen by far;Good Work

Why thank ya. :D

[bypassing the whole equipment discussion as it's been adressed]

just wow. THis guide is amazing. Bookmarked =)

Woot!

Hm, I might test this out when I feel the lure to Rs back, but I think it would cost quite a bit too much.Thanks for the tip.

Can I ask where abouts you place the cannon though? Where I put it, I had to run around a bit to get one giant the cannon didn't attack.

I honestly can't remember off the top of my head. Try using the picture as a reference. ::'

Wow, amazing guide!

<3:<3:<3:

Very good guide. I know I'll be using it

That's what I'm hopin. ;)

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Has to be one of the best guide i've read. Next time i'm gonna slay i will defintily use it!

kirderf123.png

99 Woodcutting 09/12/08 - 99 Cooking 13/01/09 - 99 Fletching 20/04/09 - 2,713th to 99 Construction 14/09/09

[hide=Quote]

New summon monster. You get 99 summon and complete a hard quest to gain the ability to summon Jesus, who splits the waters allowing you to walk to a new port town where you unlock the sailing skill. Obviously ;)

That was Moses you idiot.

That gets fixed in the bugfix the following week. Maybe.

[/hide]

You should also add that you should only use void in the smoke dungeon if you're already using Eagle Eye, since Eagle eye has the same drain as protect prayers and is better than void.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

Great guide, but you're missing a few important monsters.

1) Mutated bloodvelds - Requires completion of "Legacy of Seergaze", but it's cannonable. You must use Protect from Melee, so it is an expensive task. However, you will easily get 100k+ range xp/hour there.

2) Black demons (Taverly) - Jagex recently updated these to have the same charm drop rate as those in the Chaos Tunnel.

For the best cannon spots of the monsters I've mentioned, check out Zarfot's Mega Slayer Guide on the Runescape Official Forum.

Best of luck to all range-slayers out there!

Sir_Ddude.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Dude i got skelatol wyverns as task, used your guide, and on like 10th kill granite legs drop \' :thumbsup: :twisted: 8-) You own

There are three sides to any argument: your side, my side and the right side.

RS BILLYMAYS.png

hey, love ur guide :D been range slaying for a while now and this has been quite usefull

about gargs, as you said killing them in slayer tower is fairly slow, they are best done in chaos tunnels

they are extremely easy to safespot in chaos tunnels, spawn nicely and there isnt normally many people there.

you can also use a combat famaliar and yea, heaps faster :D

im bored and slaying gargs atm so took a couple screenies showing how easy they are to safespot

[hide=pics]090510100230.png

090510100329.png[/hide]

also the enchanted excaliber is VERY usefull for any task in which you are taking any damage

anywho, keep up the good work,

n00b~

EDIT: just did another task, and in the time of 1 fire titan i killed 135 gargs at 92 range

• 2 weeks later...
  • Quote:

If you want to edit: dust devils are a great cannon task in the dust well in west of Pollnivneach. Arma body and skirt, slay helm and the usual equip. A few 100 cballs and you're fine..

edit: and a bunyip would help ;o)

Regards

I could've sworn that you couldn't cannon in there. Not sure though. Thanks. ::'

well. i SWEAR you can, thats how i get this task over more quickly ;o) it is single comat though, so u have to stay in the 1 safespot.

if u get attacked kill it and go back to the safespot and let the cannon work for you. works fine, really.

go try it out ;o)

dachef_pf.png

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome guide, 9.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999/10

10/10 if it wasn't for this error

[hide=Darts Error]

Darts: Darts are the fastest weapons in the game, and damn, they hit fast. Of course, this also means that they hit pretty slowly.

I find this error hilarious for some reason. I think you meant, "Of course, this also means that they hit pretty low"

otherwise, informative guide, everything a range slayer like me needs.

Ss4goku264.png

ss4goku264.png

something that i dont think you mentioned was that if you do not have a spec weapon and are tanking the task that enhanced excalibur would probably be worthwhile since it increases both hp and defense

sorry if that is mentioned but i didn't see it

Rob1118.png

something that i dont think you mentioned was that if you do not have a spec weapon and are tanking the task that enhanced excalibur would probably be worthwhile since it increases both hp and defense

sorry if that is mentioned but i didn't see it

Last time he updated this guide was pre-Enhanced Excalibur.