jagex doesn't like pures...

lvl3_cutter

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Err, is it really that important?

Everyone knows jagex dont particularly like pures.. Everything revolves around monster killing fighting. Not skilling or pvp.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

Ridiculous.

You see, Jagex never forces you to adopt the style you want to adopt. It is completely in your hands whether you want to be a skiller, pker, pure or just a balanced player. Each style comes with its advantages and disadvantages, and if you have picked that particular style, learn to live with the disadvantages.

You can't get everything in the world. If you're a pure, you have that benefit of being of great use in PvP, no one forces you to keep low defence and as a result of this, you find all tasks that give Defence xp as "another method from Jagex that shows how much they hate pures".

Skillers and questers don't like melee, but some quests give melee xp, so Jagex hates skillers too? :roll:

Pkers don't like skilling, but certain quests that benfit pkers give skill xp too, so Jagex hates pkers? :roll:

And balanced players strive to earn money, but they HAVE to spend money on some certain skills in return for less gain, so Jagex hates all players too? :roll:

Thanks..

Lord Shalaj

[99 Woodcutting] [99 Strength][99 Hitpoints]

30db3v5.jpg

"What will come, will come..

..We will have to face it when it does!"

Farming With Profit and VineSweeper Guide

A better method to slay Dagannoths!

PvP drops:

[hide=]1 x Vesta's Chainbody, 3 x Brawling gloves (Melee [1], Range [1], Magic [1])[/hide]

Jagex hates tanks because there is no weapon that requires only defence.

Thats right,I bleed awesome sauce and kool aid.

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

Skillers and questers don't like melee, but some quests give melee xp, so Jagex hates skillers too? :roll:

Pkers don't like skilling, but certain quests that benfit pkers give skill xp too, so Jagex hates pkers? :roll:

And balanced players strive to earn money, but they HAVE to spend money on some certain skills in return for less gain, so Jagex hates all players too? :roll:

Thanks..

Lord Shalaj

nup, no ones a "quester" thats lvl 3 combat. and skillers dont need much, they just need to lvl up their skill

A PKER doesn't care if they get skill xp, coz it doesn't afffect them at all... not a valid argument

and balanced players do not have to spend money on skills at all...

i'm not trying to argue, just wanted a discussion

uhh 75 defence shield with good special attack??

Yeah.Thats a weapon that everyone can afford.

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

Thanks..

Lord Shalaj

nup, no ones a "quester" thats lvl 3 combat. and skillers dont need much, they just need to lvl up their skill

A PKER doesn't care if they get skill xp, coz it doesn't afffect them at all... not a valid argument

and balanced players do not have to spend money on skills at all...

i'm not trying to argue, just wanted a discussion

Thanks for ignoring the first half of my post #-o

A balanced player does need to spend money on Crafting (some methods), Herblore, Construction...

Thanks..

Lord Shalaj

[99 Woodcutting] [99 Strength][99 Hitpoints]

30db3v5.jpg

"What will come, will come..

..We will have to face it when it does!"

Farming With Profit and VineSweeper Guide

A better method to slay Dagannoths!

PvP drops:

[hide=]1 x Vesta's Chainbody, 3 x Brawling gloves (Melee [1], Range [1], Magic [1])[/hide]

There are way more normal accounts being played than pures, so Jagex tries to please as many people as they can. Pures choose anger and frustration instead of a normal account, so I can not feel sorry for you.

I love to meet people; send me a pm if you see me on RuneScape! :)

When will people realize that the age of the pure is over? A range tank will decimate a pure in the mid level bh crater - he can hit 99 range and (at least close to) 99 defence. The pure's d scimmy is hardly going to hit, but those bolts can tear through even 97 defence (I speak from experience). Yes, at 133 combat, I have lost to 103 a maxed range tank. Yes, I was super setted with the best equipment and armor and vengeance. Yes, I lost twice in a row :-#

There's just too much new equipment and armor to make a pure worthwhile. And if you choose not to train other skills, your not going to have full access to the game.. explorer's ring has a prayer bonus; naturally you have to train prayer for it.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

neither do i.... (thats aimed at the title name btw)

99-7.gif

Most Difficult Quiz

Rare drops; tzhaar-ket-om: 6 tzhaar-xil-ak: 4 tzhaar-xil-ek: 4 tzhaar-mej-tal: 1 Obsidian cape: 18 Dragon Plateskirt: 4 Dragon Platelegs: 7 Sq Shield left half: 1 Dragon Boots: 1 Dragon Medium Helmet: 11 Draconic Visage: 1 Zamorak Spear: 3 Steam Battlestaff: 1 Godsword Shards: 3 Bandos Chestplate: 1 Bandos Tassets: 1 Abyssal Whip: 1

I totally agree with, jagex are so unfair on pures. Although i think there is a way round Restless Ghost, i think if you have like 70 range, strength and mage then you can afford to get 1k without going up a combat level, although im totally sure :?

SUPER.gif

So what else is new?

No one told you to purposefully restrict your combat levels. Jagex's updates cater to the much, much, much larger group of players that level every skill up, so pures will always get left out of the loop.

Again, no one said that you had to keep your defense or prayer low, you chose to do that. And now, you have to accept that not many updates will be made to benefit you.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Jagex doesn't cater to pures (although that doesn't mean that they don't like them) because they are the result of the weak combat level system personified. They see them as something which should be fixed but nobody knows how to.

In an ideal world, pures shouldn't have any advantage over a balanced player of the same level and combat style, but such a dynamic game (with new armour, weapons, and spells flying everywhere) would be impossible to balance perfectly and provide a universal numerical standard.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I'd agree that they don't like pures in that they make updates for balanced players.

You're limiting yourself to a few skills. Of course there are going to be things you can't do! I'm pretty sure that one of the things you should be aware of if you refuse to train Prayer, Defence, etc., Is that you can't get the benefits of having trained them.

The whole point of Runescape is to offer variety. Just because people play different ways, doesn't mean that none of them are accepted. And there's no "forcing" involved. If you WANT the ring, then you do the quest, but it's not mandatory to have the ring in the first place.

To be honest, it seems people get too wrapped up in their own concepts of pride to allow themselves to fully enjoy the game, otherwise. For me, it's easy to have fun, because I don't mind doing a little of everything. The way I see it, it's just Jagex's way of trying to entice people to experience different aspects of the game.

The whole point of Runescape is to offer variety. Just because people play different ways, doesn't mean that none of them are accepted. And there's no "forcing" involved. If you WANT the ring, then you do the quest, but it's not mandatory to have the ring in the first place.

To be honest, it seems people get too wrapped up in their own concepts of pride to allow themselves to fully enjoy the game, otherwise. For me, it's easy to have fun, because I don't mind doing a little of everything. The way I see it, it's just Jagex's way of trying to entice people to experience different aspects of the game.

yeah good point. i'm wrong this time,

thanks guys

^^^ But one of the goals for a pure is to keep the combat level as low as possible. 9 Prayer levels is at least 1 combat level, and you next combat level will comes sooner. Not good news for a pure

SoLawny.png

Too bad, too sad. You didn't want prayer, that's the price.

Honestly, why do pures complain?

They choose to play the game a certain way, outside of the norm, and suddenly when something like not being able to wear equipment or not being able to attain the maximum difference in trade, they explode.

It's totally your own fault for not being able to wear the ring.

Sorry if I'm harsh, but it's true.

Taking a Playstation 3 break.

card.png

lots of examples i guess

but one is just the Explorer's ring requires you to do the restless ghost quest, even for the first ring, i mean i'd b fine if it was just for the last ring...but they dont let u even get the first one if u dont want prayer.

Sorry if it was said, but in Barbarian Assault, they don't give xp to you, because they are "pure friendly."

If they don't want combat xp in part of a COMBAT minigame, then don't play.

Darksin68.png

Current Whip Drops: 9 Current D Boots drops: 27