Nintendo are losing everything! /More ideas for Nintendo

RayOxide

Well, not really, but! I predict they are running out of ideas.

Woo yay, the next handheld game coming out is the Nintendo DSi, the 2nd remake of the original Nintendo DS.

Come on! Atleast make a new game instead of wasting your time on remakes.

Since I feel nintendo are starting to kill themselves I decided to ask you guys what type of games nintendo should base itself on?

Currently nintendo have the 2 largest game franchises - Mario, and Pokemon.

If they have such money from this; why cant they use that money on top-grade things?

The Wii was and still is revolutionary - but remaking the same thing over and over for the last 2 years? Stupid. And the Wii is having / has had a Wii HD makeover!

Well, to the idea part - Everyone loved the retro mario games. And nintendo are farming off it by making extremely short, unchallenging Super Mario bros games now. They should keep them how they were back in the day, imo.

Any thoughts on this?

I suppose Nintendo need a new handheld.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They know their age demographic and are sticking to it. You also need to remember that they also controlled all of the hand held market with the gameboy and made a lot of money off of that.

They should keep sticking to the fun games that are aimed at the younger audience, while still being fun for mature age people. I really don't see any problems with how they operate. They are doing better than fine.

Pokemon MMO. Good in theory as you can go around the massive environment capturing and leveling up your Pokemans, Pokemans PvP, trading and instances where you battle large pokemans such as Dragonite or w/e, but on paper it might be a bit different.

eggzs.png

Something original for once. Like an Italian chef that has to rid the world of evil pizzas or ingredients that are taking over the Moon. Or an FPS about rabbits with really big, cartoony guns trying to find a lost horde of carrots or something. Just no more mario, pokemon, any of that.

Or Pikmin 3, the only franchise that hasn't been done to death and is still awesome.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

They should try to get more of their famous brands onto the DS ( Mario, Metroid, lesser extent Fire Emblem, Pikmin). Plus quality control for said handheld. Have you seen some of the ---- that gets published?

Generally, they should try to find a happy medium between catering to casual and young gamers, and the ones that grew up playing their games.

Pokemon MMO. Good in theory as you can go around the massive environment capturing and leveling up your Pokemans, Pokemans PvP, trading and instances where you battle large pokemans such as Dragonite or w/e, but on paper it might be a bit different.

I'm not into Pokemon anymore but as a child if there was a Pokemon MMO I'd get it the day of the release. I still think Pokemon Red/Blue is the best version out there. :P

Nintendo will always come out with something great, it's just a matter of time.

I'm not into Pokemon anymore but as a child if there was a Pokemon MMO I'd get it the day of the release. I still think Pokemon Red/Blue is the best version out there. :P

Nintendo will always come out with something great, it's just a matter of time.

Pokemon MMO could be so goddamned awesome if they did it well.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

They need cool games like Grand Theft Auto, Call Of Duty and Halo.

i know im feeding the troll but

call of duty will be released for the wii

http://wii.ign.com/objects/142/14222041.html so FAIL

halo-this is like saying xbox needs mario........

grand theft auto- grand theft auto chinatown wars for the ds anyone?

Mlb please take your bag of fail and leave because i see you left your brain in that bag also

i know im feeding the troll but

call of duty will be released for the wii

http://wii.ign.com/objects/142/14222041.html so FAIL

halo-this is like saying xbox needs mario........

grand theft auto- grand theft auto chinatown wars for the ds anyone?

Mlb please take your bag of fail and leave because i see you left your brain in that bag also

Oh snap.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

May I point you in the direction of:

Manhunt 2

Resident Evil 4

Call of Duty: World at War

House of Dead

Mortal Kombat

too bad their 3rd party games are 99% trash

can't blame what they are doing though, in terms of profit they are raking in more than ps3 and 360 hardware/software combined

What?

m_theory11.png

May I point you in the direction of:

Manhunt 2

Resident Evil 4

Call of Duty: World at War

House of Dead

Mortal Kombat

too bad their 3rd party games are 99% trash

can't blame what they are doing though, in terms of profit they are raking in more than ps3 and 360 hardware/software combined

You make me laugh. See? :lol:

Wow didnt think so many ideas would come so fast <3:

But, even though the DS and the Wii are so awesome and both revolutionary in their ways, all they're doing is just wasting their time on them - not more awesome games (like the idea of Pokemon MMO).

And the pokemon games like XD and Colleseum on the GC +the one on the Wii are really really ..lame imo. As soon as they create a Pokemon game on the Wii that is much like an RPG, and doable online, the game will become much better than ever.

And, as much as Paper Mario owns, its kind-of a super ripoff.

P.S. I didnt like pikmin >_>

I imagine the DSi is the DS equivalent of the Gameboy's Gameboy Advanced. And then they had Gamebody Advanced sp. I don't think they're getting less original. I think you just pay more attention now.

No, it's not that big of a change. The DSi is a bit smaller, has a larger screen, a camera, an SDHC slot, but it doesn't have the GBA slot. It's just a remade version of the DS with a few more capabilities :|.

^And a few less.

Plus the camera is only VGA. Extremely, extremely lame.

Next thing coming out from Nintendo:

Nintendo DSx = 1.3mp camera.

Plus, the GBA was too epic to be considered a remake of a GB/GBC. It had a completely new.. everything?

Nintendo's doing fine. This generation they have created new ways of playing games that are far beyond what Microsoft and Sony have done to their own consoles. Motion based play for the wii and a touchscreen for games on the DS make them the two most unique consoles on the market. As long as they continue to create good games for those two consoles then they will do fine. The Wii just needs some better third party support :x

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Oh God no, SSB on DS would be horrible. It's button bashing-y enough on the GC and Wii as it is without doing on those tiny buttons.

New Pikmin would be great though, so long as they don't mess around with the simplicity of the game using the Wii's features. The whole point is to do a beautifully simple game as fast as humanly possible.

Lol^

Maybe an SSB game on DS thats only for DS, with the people put in the game being voted on. :D

And for pikmin? It never appealed to me in any way possible.

Wouldnt mind seeing some shooters on the DS. I havent seen one yet.