Video games that hold a special place in your heart

imbackstinkers

One day your dad buys you halo 3/super smash bros/mgs4 and as you go to your room to play it, you see one of those games you used to play (super mario 64, halo 1,mgs1) and you just have the urge to dust off your gamecube/ps2/ps1/xbox/whatever and play it again, the games that make you smile because you remember how fun it was to play it and how it made you feel all those years ago.

My special videogame:

the legend of dragoon- It's not a well known videogame, it got mixed reviews at best but i still love it, when i got it i was in a very bad place, i was six years old, my mom hooked up to life support,my sister mentally ill, my dad out most of the day working hard on wall street, i transferred to a new school and i had no friends, no family (my dad moved us out here so my mom could get the best care possible leaving all of my family behind), i was bullied and teased alot mainly because i was emo, i felt very alone and missed my mom very much, my dad (god bless him) knew i loved videogames so everyday he would buy me a new one for my ps1, i didn't touch them (some games are still there unopened, some games i have but never opened are final fantasy 7,chrono trigger, spyro 1,crash team racing), one day after school we went to the video game store and the legend of dragoon caught my eye my dad caught me staring at it and said "you want that one?", i shrugged and said "whatever", he bought it anyway but like most of my other video games it sat on my shelf unopened, until one day i decided to dust my ps1 off and pop in some random game, my hand fell on the legend of the dragoon and i instantly fell in love, with the characters, the story, the game itself, from that day on i was always smiling and beaming because i couldn't wait to get home to play it, it really helped me through those tough times.

One day this kid (james) (he was friends with the cool kids and i was an outcast) came to my house because we had a project to do, he saw i owned the legend of dragoon and he was like "you have this game too!!!" i said "yeah", then we got into a big discussion about the game and he helped me get through some parts that were giving me some difficulty and even showed me some secrets and tricks, the next day at school, Jeffery the school's meanest bully came up to me and knocked my books down, i grabbed him by the hand and said aren't you going to pick them up, he looked at me and got into my face and said "what if i don't!", then james tapped him on the shoulder and said, you better pick them up, then he looked at james and then at me and grudgingly he picked up the books and shoved them at me, me and james are best friends today.

The legend of dragoon made me a friend,got the bullies off of my back (known fact, if someone is bullying you get friends to back you up because in most cases bullies won't take on a group of people), helped me get over my mother's and sister's deaths and strengthend the bond between me and my father, he didn't have to buy it but he did and after that moment i knew he loved me and would always be there for me

List yours now

Tetris. The first game I ever played on, and still do. It still is one of my favourite games, it's such a simple idea that works so well. (And it's from the USSR too :P)

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

Half life. I've played through it so many times and it never loses value.

I'd have to say Lineage II as well, just because I still hold it up high for an amazing PvP experience in an MMORPG. I played it on and off for 3 years and its always what I go to when I have no other MMO to play.

Battletoads Doom I & II.

Bearing in mind I was about 5/6 at the time, it was the first game I really played. I had played others before it like Worms, Mortal Kombat and Johnny Storm [?] (If anyone can give me the correct name I will kiss them, it was an old DOS platformer where you had a gun, collected keys and it was awfully pink and green.) but Doom just gripped me in a way the others couldnt. Whether it was just the huge level of gore, guns and general violence - I dont know - but it was just such a fun game to play. It didnt require any finite tuning or remembering combos, levels were relatively linear and unless you missed a key you would neednt have to trawl through a whole level multiple times. Okay, it didnt have any sort of plot, but who needs a plot when youre a hardcore space marine romping through hell with 8 different guns on your back and the manliness to maul a zombie to mushy guts with a swift right hook. Though nowadays it has progressed to the state that I could probably play the first few levels blindfolded and still get 100% kills/items/secrets. I do play it quite a lot actually but on a zDoom mod which gives a Nightmare+ option and occasionally an online Skulltag match or two.

Doom 3? More like Doom STUPID.

knkcopy.jpg

I don't really know to be honest, as a kid I used to play a lot of the old PC games at my friends house so things like Age of Empires and Pharaoh are really nostalgic, I tried to load Pharaoh on my PC recently but it didn't work which was a bit of a bummer.

Well for video games i'd have to say 007: nightfire and dbz budokai because it was given to me by a friend a little bit before he left. I never saw him again.

Something more is a dvd a friend got me of beyblade. It was the last thing he gave me. He died recently.

I love legend of dragoon. Though my freezes up everytime after I beat the water dragon. I've been searching for another copy. Chrono trigger is a great game though and worth playing.

Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

Over 400 hours of game play on like 5 different accounts, deleting and creating more. I even was one of the only people to do the Super Challenge (which is one of the hardest things I've ever done in any video game.)

If you want to try the uber challenge, click here > http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessa ... c=39133163 <

However, I must warn you, this cost me about 150 hours of my life and cost me a few broken bones and a new TV. You must glitch to do it as well, which can be very frustrating. (Glitch meaning doing Desert Temple as your first temple ever, as Young Link...)

FEARLESStag.jpg
stuff.png

what i'm doing now:

soundcloud.com/student1

Over 400 hours of game play on like 5 different accounts, deleting and creating more. I even was one of the only people to do the Super Challenge (which is one of the hardest things I've ever done in any video game.)

If you want to try the uber challenge, click here > http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessa ... c=39133163 <

However, I must warn you, this cost me about 150 hours of my life and cost me a few broken bones and a new TV. You must glitch to do it as well, which can be very frustrating. (Glitch meaning doing Desert Temple as your first temple ever, as Young Link...)

Ocarina of time for me too <3:

Then Pokemon Silver on the Gameboy. I never really got into Red, yellow or blue.

megakillersigbyhawkxsrh0.png

Quit Runescape 30th May 2006.

Thanks to Hawkxs for my signature :)

According to the link-

-No Gerudos Card

-No Zora Tunic

-No Iron Boots

How does that work, might I ask...? I could have sworn you couldn't get anywhere near the gate without the Gerudo Card, and the Water Temple takes a lot longer than the ~1:30 you can hold your breath during...

On Topic: Pokemon. It was really my first Video Game. Still have and play the games as well.

Anything with Zelda in it or Tales of in the beginning of it.

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

XIII a completely unknown cell shaded shooter based on the comic book.Ok its finger bleeding hard but i dont think a game has ever delivered a spy adventure experience like it, some of the levels like a milititant monastry which you infiltrate and jsut this incredibly intrigueing mystery story is something i will always have an affection for.

In the same vein and if i remember wright it was my next game purchase...Psychnauts.

Tim schaeffers (sp?) best work and a really abstarct platformer with so many memorable levels like GOGGALOR or I AM THE MILKMAN, i deliver milk...

tifsdac6mc.gif

XIII a completely unknown cell shaded shooter based on the comic book.Ok its finger bleeding hard but i dont think a game has ever delivered a spy adventure experience like it, some of the levels like a milititant monastry which you infiltrate and jsut this incredibly intrigueing mystery story is something i will always have an affection for.

In the same vein and if i remember wright it was my next game purchase...Psychnauts.

Tim schaeffers (sp?) best work and a really abstarct platformer with so many memorable levels like GOGGALOR or I AM THE MILKMAN, i deliver milk...

I love you, Kris. <3:

Two of the first ever games I got on my Xbox, still incredibly fun to play. Add to that Timesplitters 2 and Beyond Good and Evil, for the Xbox crowd.

For the N64 - Super Smash Bros, I think I've spent days in front of that with mates just beating the pixellated [cabbage] out of each other on that. Buck Bumble, mad fun multiplayer game, Diddy Kong Racing, also a great game with friends.

PC - The Half-Life series, great innovative FPS, Deus Ex, awesome Sci-Fi-ish RPG/FPS kinda hybrid, System Shock, creepy as all get-out.

Uh, that's about all. I got good memories from my childhood. ::'

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Just AoE/AoM and NWN.

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

Dark Cloud

This a game I would take to a desert island with me, the story, characters and the gameplay makes it my favourite PS2 games. I first found it on the PS2 game demo I had with the System and I played it more than the games I had at the time, I spent 4 YEARS looking for it and my dad bought me it for Christmas.

Resident Evil 4

I need to say very little about this masterpiece, my favourite game of all time and it should be obvious why. The gameplay was amazing,as was the music.

Grand Theft Auto III

A masterpiece among many games, many frown down on this game because of the lack of depth that was in San Andreas but in my opinion it's the peak the series will ever be.

sycosis5.png

winterkingre4.png

Age of Mythology: First proper video game I ever owned. I loved it.

Monster Hunter: Intoduced me to how good online can be. No other game has quite matched up to that online experience yet.

So don't let anyone tell you you're not worth the earth,

These streets are your streets, this turf is your turf,

Don't let anyone tell you that you've got to give in,

Cos you can make a difference, you can change everything,

Just let your dreams be your pilot, your imagination your fuel,

Tear up the book and write your own damn rules,

Use all that heart, hope and soul that you've got,

And the love and the rage that you feel in your gut,

And realise that the other world that you're always looking for,

Lies right here in front of us, just outside this door,

And it's up to you to go out there and paint the canvas,

After all, you were put on the earth to do this,

So shine your light so bright that all can see,

Take pride in being whoever the [bleep] you want to be.