Guide to Making Money...(And Junk).. With NPC Trading!

chazzycaz

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TAKE PIRATE BOOTS OUT.

I tried, bought 700 of them. I managed to almost cut the price of them in half before they all sold, lost some money.

Other methods do work though.

How many times have I told people not to put their entire faith in the guide before testing it? :roll:

700 boots... I make that about 10 minutes you may have wasted in buying them and I cant imagine you losing any amount of money that is considerable.

Im sorry that it didnt work out for you, but I wont be updating it as I have mentioned many many many times If you would care to read in future.

erjypx.jpg

Just kidding ladies, you know I love you =D

Guide to Making Money with NPC Trading

No one at Jagex is going around slashing prices. The price of most of your given items where high, because they did not find their way into the Ge often (pirate and canifis clothing, for example). When people see these potential profits and start flooding the GE with them, there is a far higher supply then demand, and the GE reacts by lowering the prices. Basically, your guide killed your guide. The only way prices of some items can stay high is when they are being actively consumed; items like raw meat, harpoons, and bird meat are used for summoning.

quit

No one at Jagex is going around slashing prices. The price of most of your given items where high, because they did not find their way into the Ge often (pirate and canifis clothing, for example). When people see these potential profits and start flooding the GE with them, there is a far higher supply then demand, and the GE reacts by lowering the prices. Basically, your guide killed your guide. The only way prices of some items can stay high is when they are being actively consumed; items like raw meat, harpoons, and bird meat are used for summoning.

Yes, that is not what I am talking about. Have you seen the price of cake tins? (I will take as an example) Went from around 83gp to 5gp in one update, the ge graph started anew - completely denying the existance of an 83gp cake tin. This is direct interference by Jagex. Of course I knew my guide would help the prices drop rapidly, I think you missed my point.

P.S. Cant believe this guide is still alive! :o

erjypx.jpg

Awesome guide. That's just all I have to say. 11/10!

A batch of twss cookies for you! :twss: :twss: :twss:

:twss: :twss: :twss:

:twss: :twss: :twss:

Arisaka, the Japanese rifle. O_o

Tell me, did any of you happen to kill a red spy on the way here? No? Then we still have a problem.

Was looking for good ways to make junk, then i stumbled on this guide. You made me 700k in an hour :ohnoes: \'<3: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

S_I_G.jpg

Those with a little bit of knowledge are more dangerous than those with none.

AMAZING!

i am using this guide all the time, since i am amazingly bad at making money

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

• 3 weeks later...
nice Guide. any F2P Hints for making money with Npc??

Thanks! Im not sure tbh, as it is hard to find a good shop in f2p, as nearly all armour shops sell above their high alch value, which means you cannot get a good price for them. Some utensils might work though, Im afraid I dont have the time to look through them individually, but you can look Here To find what a shop sells, how much, and (possibly) the GE price.

Good luck! :thumbsup:

erjypx.jpg

I believe there's a shop upstairs in lleyta that sells raw lobsters lower than the GE buys at low, and I know it's really close to a bank, also sells cakes lower than GE, I didn't see it in your guide, however I didn't read all the comment pages either. Hope I helped ::'

That WAS subliminal;

you just didn't notice it

Ahh Runescape.... Where the men are men and so are the women...

• 3 weeks later...

What can I say.. the only guide to make me laugh *cough* pixelated meat*cough* 10/10, definitely AOW worthy

cwsiggyfinal.jpg

Sig by me, in MS paint, but I'm still working on it.

Suggestions appreciated

This guide is as concise as a gourmet's handbook with the guidelines of "Pick up fork, stab food, insert into your mouth, then chew".

Excellent guide. For anyone wondering "What still works?" please just do the few minutes work it takes.

Select something - seed dibbers, for instance.

Find out what the farming store at Catherby sells them for. You can find this out either in the game at the store or on this site through the shops list.

Find out what the Grand Exchange price for seed dibbers is. That can be checked on the Runescape site's GE list or through the item database on this site.

Compare prices. If you'd make 50gp per item that's 1,350 gp per inventory of 27 (allowing one slot for the gp to buy them with). 100gp per item is 2,700 gp per inventory.

All you need to know from there is how long it takes to bank an inventory and how long you can be bothered doing it. I only have patience as long as I can keep running. I just made 30,000+ in ten minutes, using one of my explorer ring run recharges. I spent just under 3,000 and sold for 34,000.

But not with seed dibbers. You'll have to do some work for yourself :)

Dragon_Sam61.png

Best drop so far: Dragon Chainbody from a Dust Devil.

Just a note, a little while ago Jagex reinstated the prices which they nerfed earlier on. This means that raw meat and a lot of other methods will still work! Give them a little time to get back to their original prices though...

EDIT. I was wrong - Jagex also increased the store prices to stop all money from being made by opportunists like us... :evil:

erjypx.jpg

brilliant! made me a laugh and informative .. however

i am going to sound like a right idiot now. I'm in top maths and predicted B-A* in GCSE but im going to be wrong but i just cant get my mind round it.

if a bank run took 20 seconds, would it be 20*>3<*60? not 20*60*60?

with 20*3=60, so thats 3 trips per minutes, then time that by 60?

Animaslayer.png

Dragon Drops: Platelegs x9, Med Helms x7, Plateskirts x4, Shield Left Half x3, At least 75+ Boots!, Hatchets x5, Ruined Shard x1, Solo Claws x2, Dragon 2Hander x1, Spear x2

Whip x27, Dark Bows x9, Draconic Visage x1

sweetol5.png <- do that when you see me :P