god pages

shauneus

I've not had one myself, I don't know anyone who's had one. in the clue threads there's not been a single picture of one yet multiple pictures of 3rd age.

They've been removed from clues.

That was the deductive reasoning I used as well...

That deductive reasoning could be applied to Shield Left Halves, too -- no one has posted a drop of those in a while, and they're exponentially rare, but does that mean that they're never dropped?

More or less, I'm inclined to believe the official source on this, which is Jagex. I'll admit that the KB isn't always correct, but the information you get from them is typically 99% correct.

I feel I should point out it is fundamentaly immposible to prove that you can no longer get god pages from clues because that would reqire a test sample of infinity.

Not a test sample of infinity, but a test sample to match the odds (e.g. If the odds are behaving like 1 in 65536, you'd need 65536 people to do the test, and based on odds, one should get a page, but that's not guaranteed, OR, you can have one person do 65536 trials (yeah freaking right)).

081123170903eb5.png

Good game JaGeX....

2dgucz6.png

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i love how when you read this there is a mass of smart people on the "no" side, and a bunch of others on the "yes" side that have no idea what the smart people are talking about.

and to the person that said you could say the same about left halfs...look in the screenshots thread please

Y_Z.png

No gravity is a fact, because it can be proven.

If you let go of something in mid air, its going to fall.

It's a fact that if you let go of something in mid air it will fall to earth. But why isn't a fact, it's a theory. Tomorrow someone could come along and prove that gravity doesn't really exist because of x and that instead it's theory y that's causing things to fall to earth.

Makoto, as I've already stated in this thread the KB has been wrong before. That is not proof, proof would be someone getting one from a clue in game since April 22nd. Find me one person who has with a legit picture and I'll believe you. Forum mods no nothing more than we do.

Actually Dark, it's called the LAW of gravity. Gravity graduated from scientific theory to scientific fact long ago. An object's gravity is directly proportional to its mass. I get what you're trying to say, but you chose the wrong analogy. Perhaps try the theory of relativity or the big bang theory instead.

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

Makoto, as I've already stated in this thread the KB has been wrong before. That is not proof, proof would be someone getting one from a clue in game since April 22nd. Find me one person who has with a legit picture and I'll believe you. Forum mods no nothing more than we do.

Like I said earlier, there is 99% accuracy as far as the KB goes. I have reason to believe that Jagex's information is correct on this, because the Treasure Trail guide hasn't had those items removed since the masks + Vyre burning came out. Not to mention, the guide also includes information about the new treasure trail items as well.

Be reasonable about this - if it really couldn't be obtained from treasure trails anymore, would Jagex intentionally leave that information there just to screw with our minds?

Also, to GaVaTi and Great_one: Thank you for missing my point. Just because an item is exponentially rare doesn't mean that it can't be acquired. GaVaTi, you posted a drop of a Shield Left Half, and there are assuredly dozens more pictures like that on this board. Do you have a ballpark of how many NPCs on average you have to kill for one? On that chord, Third Age is about as rare as a Shield Left Half from a level-45 Skeleton, too, yet people get that as well.

If you didn't get the point from there, what I'm going at is that the item can be received from Treasure Trails, and due to the random nature of the luck system of RS, that can't really be used as proof against the notion. However, I'm willing to believe that there is either a bug in the Treasure Trail system, or people aren't doing them as much anymore.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

It's a fact that if you let go of something in mid air it will fall to earth. But why isn't a fact, it's a theory. Tomorrow someone could come along and prove that gravity doesn't really exist because of x and that instead it's theory y that's causing things to fall to earth.

Actually Dark, it's called the LAW of gravity. Gravity graduated from scientific theory to scientific fact long ago. An object's gravity is directly proportional to its mass. I get what you're trying to say, but you chose the wrong analogy. Perhaps try the theory of relativity or the big bang theory instead.

Fair enough, although the reason for it happening hasn't been discovered yet has it? (Gravitons are believed to be the reason but I don't believe there's any proof of that). The point still stands though and it could still be proven wrong despite it being a law, but this is getting off topic.

Makoto, they could simply have forgotten, there's plenty of reasons. I just find it hard to believe that out of the thousands if not millions of clues done since April there is not one single picture that I'm (or anyone it appears) is aware of where someone got a god page, surely SOMEONE would have gotten one and SOMEONE would have posted a picture.

Like I said earlier, there is 99% accuracy as far as the KB goes. I have reason to believe that Jagex's information is correct on this, because the Treasure Trail guide hasn't had those items removed since the masks + Vyre burning came out. Not to mention, the guide also includes information about the new treasure trail items as well.

Be reasonable about this - if it really couldn't be obtained from treasure trails anymore, would Jagex intentionally leave that information there just to screw with our minds?

Also, to GaVaTi and Great_one: Thank you for missing my point. Just because an item is exponentially rare doesn't mean that it can't be acquired. GaVaTi, you posted a drop of a Shield Left Half, and there are assuredly dozens more pictures like that on this board. Do you have a ballpark of how many NPCs on average you have to kill for one? On that chord, Third Age is about as rare as a Shield Left Half from a level-45 Skeleton, too, yet people get that as well.

If you didn't get the point from there, what I'm going at is that the item can be received from Treasure Trails, and due to the random nature of the luck system of RS, that can't really be used as proof against the notion. However, I'm willing to believe that there is either a bug in the Treasure Trail system, or people aren't doing them as much anymore.

Don't worry, I got the point, I just felt like posting that anyway. :)

How is post count relevant to whether or not you can get god pages from Treasure Trails? Maybe we should ask JaGEx that one too...

2dgucz6.png

Makoto, they could simply have forgotten, there's plenty of reasons. I just find it hard to believe that out of the thousands if not millions of clues done since April there is not one single picture that I'm (or anyone it appears) is aware of where someone got a god page, surely SOMEONE would have gotten one and SOMEONE would have posted a picture.

I find it kinda tough to believe that there hasn't been a picture of one in seven months, too - perhaps people don't like posting pics of those... That's why I offered the "bug" theory. I refuse to blatantly say that they've been removed from Treasure Trails, since for all we know, it's just not true. Who knows, the next time you or I do a clue, we could get one. :P

I really don't think that they could have forgotten for 7 months, especially when the KB updates every [other] week or so.

On the number of people doing clues, I think that number has fallen way down. Consider that players used to do them practically all the time, and nowadays, you see less people going for it (mostly because they coveted 3rd Age, learned how rare it was, gave the scroll a bad hand gesture, and moved on). The other rewards have fallen significantly, and as such, the amount of effort required to do a scroll and the chances of getting a valuable drop are potential deterrents. This could attribute to the decrease in pages.

Again, I won't say that they're removed completely - we don't really know that for certain. It could be a bug, it could be that people aren't doing a lot of them anymore, it could be a misplaced number in the algorithm.

Don't worry, I got the point, I just felt like posting that anyway. :)

Well, I'm glad that you did. :P

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg

Well clue scrolls are definitely bugged in my opinion due to how out of nowhere you can have more than 6 parts without the reward increasing. (Before it was 6 parts max and you got 1 "reward" per part. Now you can get over 6 but still only have 6 items max as the reward) and on top of this you are much more likely to get the same clue multiple times in a row as well as the casket in a casket bug, this didn't happen before the update (or was very rare). But why would the god wars pages be the only item to disappear because of a bug? That makes no sense. Even the rarest "normal" items (potions) are posted occasionally and the chance of god wars pages being rarer than that (not to mention 3rd age) is slim. I'd have thought there'd be at least one picture.. somewhere.

Also the wizard boots were listed as a level 1 reward for well over a year, if not 2.

I disagree with less people doing clues, with summoning and smoking kills the number of people slaying has gone up, which in turn should lead to more people getting/doing clues. Anyway, don't want to get too much into clues in general ;)

OKay I can comment about runescape KB this is from the prayer FAQ

When I recharge my Prayer points at an altar or with a potion, my prayer level is the maximum number of Prayer points I can have. How can I get extra Prayer points?

Here are two places where this is possible:

The monks' altar upstairs in the Monastery (talk to Abbot Langley).

The Nature Shrine in Mort Myre (complete Nature Spirit quest first).

Both will give you 2 extra Prayer points.

We all know there is other ways of doing this the spring and the ancient mace.

Yeah I can't spell get over it!

groeschen1.png

When I recharge my Prayer points at an altar or with a potion, my prayer level is the maximum number of Prayer points I can have. How can I get extra Prayer points?

This is why it actually helps to read it; emphasis mine.

s1L0U.jpg

So it is possible to get the torn god pages from vyre burning, correct? And the KB doesn't mention that you can get torn god pages from vyre burning, correct? Seems to me they simply had better things to do than update that particular section of the KB.

Also, from my experience I've found that if there's reason to doubt Jagex's word, they're usually wrong.

May the presents of our lord and savior, Santa, be with you this holiday season!

First annual Clausmas - 2009 December 25

Man I'm just glad I got my Guthix pages when they were 11k-12k each \'

Snow_Miner.png

Slayer Drops

Dragon Chainbody (dust devil), Dragon Platelegs x2, Dragon Plateskirt x3, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x5, Dragon Spear x3, Shield Left Half x4

Staff of Light x2, Abyssal Whip x16, Dark Bow x17, Granite Maul x17, Focus Sight, Hexcrest x2, Black Mask x4, Leaf-bladed Sword, Mystic x31, Obsidian x13, Brine Sabre x2, Spirit Shield, Dragonstone x5

You could also use the cape effect or the stews.

I think they have been taken out and im willing to believe that till i see a picture.

Arzian.png

I can even think of a select scenario when you let somethign go (on earth) and it does NOT fall but infact hovers. It involves a magnet and a super conductor, same theory behind the mag lev train.

It is immpossible to prove that you cant get god pages from prove, but you CAN prove you can get god pages from clues. Logicaly you MUST assume that you cant get the pages until proven otherwise.

Havent had a god page since before 3rd age clues.

Glad i bought all the pages back then guthix were 50k, saradomin were 150k and zamorak were 200k. <3:

Rare does not mean no longer available. So according to half the people in this topic, if 3rd age rewards become rarer soon, people will say they are no longer treasure trail rewards too :?

Until i see a jagex mod confirm god pages are no longer treasure trail rewards. i am believing that they still are, as we have no reason to dis-believe the knowledge base.

As for this arguement over 'evidence' from a survey of players, not everyone posts/mentions there rewards from treasure trails, and there is a thing called luck, which shockingly Jagex uses to decide on drops/rewards :shock:

Maybe, just maybe these surveyed players have had a run of bad luck, with increased rarity of god pages since masks/canes were released :wall:

Until someone, surveys every active runescape member's account for proof, this 'evidence' is clearly...lacking in factual muscle

One last point, so glad i got my set of books when, guthix were 25k each, saradomin were 100k ea, and zamorak were 200k each ;) :D

You only live twice. Once when you are born and once when you look death in the face.

Do not fear Death. Death is always at our side. When we show fear, it jumps at us faster than light. But, if we do not show fear, it casts its eye upon us gently and then guides us into infinity...

I've done every clue I've ever picked up. And God Pages used to be a fairly common reward. I filled up my Sara Book with my rewards and bought a couple pages for Zammy (400k spent). Now look at them. The pages are insanely hard to come by. I have done quite a few Vyrewatch burnings too. Even though it is more common to get them from Vryewatch these days, the "drop rate" for pages is still fairly uncommon. I can personally say that as far as I am concerned, they have been removed from Treasure Trail rewards; although I have yet to get a 3rd Age piece. There used to be a time when there were so many pages in the game you couldn't even give them away. And that is not the case now. As far as the KB goes, I'm going to agree with the majority on the fact that its not always 100% accurate. One of the main reasons I love Tip.it, is the fact that there is MORE information and it is usually more accurate.

This is a hard case to prove either way though. There are small pieces of evidence on both sides of the argument, but nothing solid enough to prove, with out a doubt, that the God Pages are gone.

I'm not sure, but I personally think that Jagex made the pages go exclusively to Vyrewatches. My only reason for this statement is that it sucks so bad, you gotta have SOMETHING in the reward system to keep players coming back. Maybe they intended for the God Pages to be the big payoffs for that particular minigame?

God pages are rare at vyrewatches aswell.

I have burnt 500 vyrewatch and never gotten a god page.

The big items i got were Adamant full helm (g), Adamant kiteshield (g), 2 Dragon Spears and zamorak plateskirt(might have been a different zamorak item).

If you start saying that anything in the knowledge base is inacurate, then you might aswell say that the corporeal beast doesnt drop some kind of sigil because nobody posts drops of them.

I believe jagex more then rumours so I will say that their still in clue scrolls untill I see a jagex mod say they arent.

God pages are rare at vyrewatches aswell.

I have burnt 500 vyrewatch and never gotten a god page.

The big items i got were Adamant full helm (g), Adamant kiteshield (g), 2 Dragon Spears and zamorak plateskirt(might have been a different zamorak item).

If you start saying that anything in the knowledge base is inacurate, then you might aswell say that the corporeal beast doesnt drop some kind of sigil because nobody posts drops of them.

I believe jagex more then rumours so I will say that their still in clue scrolls untill I see a jagex mod say they arent.

Difference being that there HAS been pictures of sigils and NONE of god pages from clues. KB is inaccurate, you've been shown several examples in this topic yet you seem to be ignoring those.

Also not all Jagex mods know everything (infact, I doubt that ANY Jagex mod could answer all quests relating to the game accurately) I've asked Paul things before and he says he doesn't know and he's one of the mods who's going to know more than most.

The fact is is that no one has posted a picture of a god page from a clue since April 22nd.