Dragon Dagger V.S. Dragon Claws

hunting310

i see claws as being beter, because even though its special takes the same emount of the bar as a dds, it attacks quicker with it. not to mention, the shock value. what scares you more? a 25-23 dds spec, or a 25-10-30-8 spec?

dont forget, they also wount have enough time to try to heal when they get spec by claws.

tooooooo bad im to poor to buy a pair for myself. :(

timmyx50sig1.png

Thx AquaMare for the amazing sig!

[hide=Clicky!]Points2Shop

it's ligit, ive used it. hey, its a great way to kill time. :)[/hide]

[hide=drops and stuff.]Bandos drops: 2X Shard 3, 5X Bandos Plate, X1 Bandos Tasset

PROUD owner of the fire cape since October 9th, 2008

6X Black Mask Drops[/hide]

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

claws are very good for pvp and bh since they have a high quick hitting spec. dragon dagger is better for monster hunting since:

a. monster gets poisoned

b. higher hits (you get higher hits on dragon dagger. the number of hits is same since claws hit 4 times and it takes up 50% and dagger hits 2 times but take 25%. the dagger also from by expirience just hits higher.)

c. you have wear a shield at the same time.

B is simply untrue:

with claws you can do in the time of "4" hit-periods:

2 specs (=8 actual hits) + 2 whip hits.

with a dds you can just do:

4 specs (=8 actual hits). Does a dagger hit 1/4 whip hit more than a claw? (so does it hit on average around 6 higher than claws?) - Don't think so!

Also poisoning doesn't really help except for the high hp monsters: most things I defeat before the poison kicks in!

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

I'd prefer the Dragon Claws over the Dragon Dagger. Dragon dagger never specs good even on rune at my level... it will spec decent sometimes but once every like 20 specs it will hit something high. I'd prefer using DClaws at god wars, pvp, and most of my stuff -- it just seems a lot more reliable.

For pures, dds is better, though... dragon claws have damage limits and dds hits a lot better.

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

I'd prefer the Dragon Claws over the Dragon Dagger. Dragon dagger never specs good even on rune at my level... it will spec decent sometimes but once every like 20 specs it will hit something high. I'd prefer using DClaws at god wars, pvp, and most of my stuff -- it just seems a lot more reliable.

For pures, dds is better, though... dragon claws have damage limits and dds hits a lot better.

Dragon Dagger has an accuracy boost on the special. Dragon claws does not. If you aren't hitting anything with dragon dagger specials, even with a defender raising your stab, you're not going to do any better with dragon claws.

Dragon claws do up to triple damage in one hit, two times. Dragon dagger does double damage, four times, and is more accurate. The Dragon Claws are really only better if A) You're not using a defender for some reason, B) You're extremely lucky and hit your max, or C) You're a pure, and your opponent is a pure as well. In that case, your claw will get close to, if not fully, taking them down in one hit.

Also, it's worth noting that if you assume maxed out strength gear and stats for the attacking player, and best defensive gear for the defending player, the attack can not take them out in one hit when they are at max HP. In fact, I don't even know if you can take them out with two maxed specials.

However, from what I've seen, dragon claws ALWAYS hit. I haven't seen a 0 0 0 0 spec yet. The worst I've seen is 0 0 7 8 so far. Even on someone who was in torags and praying melee it was hitting.

Dragon claws have many aspects you are not taking into account. It hits 4 times in 1 spec, and those hits are based on the first number you hit. Dragon dagger is 2 separate hits in one, neither based on the other. If you hit a 32 on one hit, the other might be a 0. Dragon claws actually look a LOT more accurate with the spec -- again, I've seen them doing a lot better than DDS against people with 99 defence.

Also, I know you can't get 1 hit at max HP, but you can get 2 hit at max hp. My friend got 2 hit like 5 times in a row by dclaws in good gear.

DClaws may not say they're more accurate, but from the looks they always hit. So its pretty much gauranteed that DClaws is more accurate. It's a little hard to explain though, with the way dclaws seem to work.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

However, from what I've seen, dragon claws ALWAYS hit. I haven't seen a 0 0 0 0 spec yet. The worst I've seen is 0 0 7 8 so far. Even on someone who was in torags and praying melee it was hitting.

Dragon claws have many aspects you are not taking into account. It hits 4 times in 1 spec, and those hits are based on the first number you hit. Dragon dagger is 2 separate hits in one, neither based on the other. If you hit a 32 on one hit, the other might be a 0. Dragon claws actually look a LOT more accurate with the spec -- again, I've seen them doing a lot better than DDS against people with 99 defence.

Also, I know you can't get 1 hit at max HP, but you can get 2 hit at max hp. My friend got 2 hit like 5 times in a row by dclaws in good gear.

DClaws may not say they're more accurate, but from the looks they always hit. So its pretty much gauranteed that DClaws is more accurate. It's a little hard to explain though, with the way dclaws seem to work.

When you 2-hit someone with DSS, maxed stats, brewed, and using tuna potato + brew, post a video please...

When you 2-hit someone with DSS, maxed stats, brewed, and using tuna potato + brew, post a video please...

Guessing you meant DDS? It's rare, but I've seen it happen. But how many people use tuna potato + brew when pking? Almost no one, cause then you gotta restore then pot up again. Though Tuna Potato + Karambwan, I suppose. Also the person would pretty much have to see it coming. And just because they're maxed defensive doesn't mean the damage will be less. Heck, I've been 2 specced in torags by DDS.

The thing is, anyone whos maxed will probably see the attack coming and pray melee before the second spec. The max spec with DDS I've seen is a 42-42. It's rare, but it can happen.

Everything about this part though, is so rare, that it is really unlikely to happen. A guy pking in maxed defence (torags, not that pvp crap or w/e), already brewed up and a guy in max strength (bandos, not that pvp crap again) seeing him and running up to spec him out, the guy being fast enough to do a tuna potato + brew (or a tuna potato + karambwan -- which would actually heal 40 instead of 38) YET not fast enough to turn on protect melee... but he would be knocked down to 31 hp in 1 spec, heal to 71, and he could still get 2 hit... add in pizza (pineapple pizza + potato + karambwan) and that would still only heal to 82. Add a blitz into the rush and its even more powerful. So its possible, but this whole situation is just so unlikely. I can't afford max str bonus or max defence atm, and void isn't good enough on DDS. Though I have specced a 41-20 without any bandos on...

DClaws could do the same thing, but you actually can't really MAX hit -- too high of a hit and its purposely changed to a 0 to prevent 1 hitting (think the highest is 40 that can appear in 1 splat on the spec). The highest spec I've seen is 36-18-18-10, which is 82 damage, yet still very rare. Less than a DDS, but here's the thing: The lowest spec I've seen with claws is 0-0-7-8. The lowest spec with dds I've seen is 0-0 (happens a lot when you're 122 without summoning...). I've seen the claws in action in PvP, and they've been hitting loads whereas dds hasn't been hitting much at all. So from my experiences, claws are definitely more accurate.

Those damage limits on DClaws is why i don't suggest them for pures -- Too high of a hit and it becomes a 0. The 3rd and 4th hits are always non-zero numbers though. So idk. Another problem is that these just came out -- after a couple weeks we will be able to really see the difference.

If I had a pair of dclaws myself, I'd go do some personal testing with them. But with the rarity, we're all pretty much having to run off our own observations and not our own testing. We really need someone that actually owns some dclaws and uses them at many various places to come here and tell us. Someone that will try them out at God Wars, someone who will try out a bunch of rounds of dclaws versus dds in Duel Arena or soemthing, someone that will try them out normally training doing slayer on like.. black demons or something. Thats when we have a really good source and a really good verdict on which is better.

No. I mean DSS, Divine Spirit Shield. Max hit with claws on DSS is 29-29-14-14, assuming you have Vesta, 99 strength, super pot, prayer, etc...

oh I see. But the Dclaws work on a weird hit system -- It can't be really confirmed that the max is 29-29-14-14 on that. And how much would that drain on your prayer? Wouldn't it be a lot? You can't potato brew ppot... Anyways, thats still an 80 hit. pizza shark brew/karambwan would out eat it but just barely.

No. I mean DSS, Divine Spirit Shield. Max hit with claws on DSS is 29-29-14-14, assuming you have Vesta, 99 strength, super pot, prayer, etc...

oh I see. But the Dclaws work on a weird hit system -- It can't be really confirmed that the max is 29-29-14-14 on that. And how much would that drain on your prayer? Wouldn't it be a lot? You can't potato brew ppot... Anyways, thats still an 80 hit. pizza shark brew/karambwan would out eat it but just barely.

Yes, you can potato + brew. If you time it correctly, you can eat one food item while drinking one potion at the same moment. It gets you out of tight spots against bosses, or while PKing. That's 38 HP healed.

And Dragon Claws do not work on a "weird hit system". The first set of two hits do full damage. The second set of two hits does half damage. After seeing people test them for hours in various places (Duel Arena, Castle Wars, etc), I've seen almost every combination of 0s possible. The second two hits never exceed half their "max" hit, while their first two hits do normal damage.

115 HP, take an 86 from a perfect hit, add 38 back from brew-potato, gives you 67 HP. So even after a perfect hit, you'll still need to hit another almost perfect hit to kill.

Also, no, it won't drain a lot of prayer. Assuming you hit max, 86, the shield would prevent 13, 13, 7, 7. That means you only drain 7, 7, 4 ,4. Add smite, and you drain 7, 7, 3, 3. So you drain a whopping 42 prayer points. Not really a whole lot, that's a bit more than one dose of restore.

Claws are much more accurate then d claws... and dds only has the ko ability after you've already damaged the other player, the d claws have that instant ko ability like ags does.

I'm guessing that you meant to type dds instead of d claws. A dragon dagger+ defender= 60 stab attack. Dragon claws= 56 slash. Not to mention the fact that barrows and bandos both have lower stab defence than slash.

D claws is better, for both PvP and PvE. Yes, four DDS specs will typically do more than two d claw specs, but you have to subtract what you would have done with a whip. Let's say that an average dds spec is 20-20, an average whip hit is 25, and an average d claw spec is 15-15-15-15. You can use the DDS 48 times an hour, and d claws 24. 48*(40-25)= 720. 24*(60-25)=840. DDS will do 720 extra damage an hour, d claws 840. And that's with a fairly conservative estimate for how much a whip can do.

d claws+warrior ring=60 slash, if your that bothered about 4 attack bonus

2Xeo5.png

This is good to know and a question I was wondering, especially since I plan on PvP'ing more in the future...

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg
"To do all that one is able to do, is to be a man; to do all that one would like to do, is to be a god." - Napoleon I

I owned d claws briefely for about 1 or 2 days and with 90 attack my worst spec was 0-1, I did not get 4 hits.

maulmachine4.png

Corporeal Drops:2xHoly elixers

Bandos Drops: Bcp(soloed) 5x hilts 8x tassets

Armadyl Drops:Armadyl Hilt(trio)

Zamorak Drops: 2xZamorakian spear 3x Steam battlestaff

I owned d claws briefely for about 1 or 2 days and with 90 attack my worst spec was 0-1, I did not get 4 hits.

Yeah I own a pair of dclaws I got as a drop (don't plan on selling, I don't have any junk) and sometimes it messes up and you get only 2 hits which are 1-0 which can happen for both specials. I don't know if it's a glitch or if JAGeX intended it to be like that to balance it out.

Yeah I own a pair of dclaws I got as a drop (don't plan on selling, I don't have any junk) and sometimes it messes up and you get only 2 hits which are 1-0 which can happen for both specials. I don't know if it's a glitch or if JAGeX intended it to be like that to balance it out.

I believe it's because what you hit with the claws is based on some equation Jagex came up with. If you look at the specs closely you'll notice that most of the time the two lowest of the hits add up to a third and these three together add up to the other hit (roughly). This is probably why d claws are so much more acurate than the dds.

> SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;

0 rows returned

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

There are only 10 types of people

in this world: those who understand

binary and those who don't.

This statement is false.

$DO || ! $DO ; try

try: command not found

Jagex said they get the hits(except the first one) by dividing the first hit in half to get your second hit, divide your second hit in half to get your third hit, and divide your third hit in half to get your fourth hit.

Exp.(20-10-5-3) hope this clears up the confusion

Hunting310.png

Hunting310.png

Jagex said they get the hits(except the first one) by dividing the first hit in half to get your second hit, divide your second hit in half to get your third hit, and divide your third hit in half to get your fourth hit.

Not sure where you got that information from but it can't be right, have been using my friends pair of D claws and hit nothing like that. I've hit three 0's and a 41 (can't remember the order they were in).

Edit: Nvm it's really late and I misread that

30jlfk0.png

Thanks to InsanityV2 for the sig

can you use spec without finishing the quest?

Yes, indeed you can. I've 51 Quest Points.

I'm lending my claws out now each day to get rid of my junk, then it'll be as if I bought them for trade price. 8-)

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Not sure where you got that information from but it can't be right, have been using my friends pair of D claws and hit nothing like that. I've hit three 0's and a 41 (can't remember the order they were in).

how do people hit 36-18-18-0

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

how do people hit 36-18-18-0

And how do I hit 0-0-0-31?

There is no specific pattern that I can discern from my experience with my claws.