.::RollinOn XTC::.

Total::1953

Combat::131.1/123.1

dont take it personal... im old-school-as-f**k

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Except that the ex-pkers/lurers/scammers transformed to ego-centric individualist skillers, the community is going upwards. I've also noticed that.

Haahaa, maybe it's because the pkers left after the first wilderness update? :P

JAGEX, REMOVE THE PVP WORLDS!

10-Dec-2008 PVP World's Removed Due To Bug's.

I would have laughed so hard if they posted that on the main page as a joke.

I realy couldn't tell you because I've been slaying for the past whatever it has been and havn't interacted with many people in Runescape except for the occasional people who are rude and try to spot steal. But it seems to have matured some what because I havn't been begged as much as I used to. But I think the main thing behind that is the more you mature and level you start hanging out with people equal to you and it seems like it's more mature that way.

But I am going to go a bit off topic and say that RSOF isn't that bad with all the help threads these days. Also it's over exaggerated about how immature people are there. I admit there is a few but for the most part there are good threads there and people could learn alot from them.

Completely agree. I was drawn in to the forums 'world' thanks to RSOF, later on discovered Tip.it and I've been visiting for about three years now. There's always been this awkward bashing RSOF back and forth when it's not that horrible as you guys picture it.

hithaiti-1-1.jpg

i smoke and i drink

does that make me mature

Not mature, it just makes you cool.

haha you are my hero

=mtw=

i smoke and i drink

does that make me mature

.::RollinOn XTC::.

Total::1953

Combat::131.1/123.1

dont take it personal... im old-school-as-f**k

Wow, I should check this out

Could we be entering a "silver" era of Runescape (nothing could compare to the "golden" era that a few of you enjoyed

You mean 2006?

that was the grow-year of rs ::'

I joined in 2006

I started in 2006 too, but was that the period of no scammers, beggers, noobs in general? All I know about that is what people have said about it

Understanding.png

"Probably the worst thing I do is take bubble baths. But manly ones."

No matter what the avatar looks like, I'm male

Oh great, so I guess it's not me then ::' Alot of people seem to have noticed an increase of maturity too.

Although I will agree there are still some bad wine out there (bad metaphor I know).

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

This thread is invalid. There are plenty of annoying kids playing runescape still, nothing has changed.

Yes, but there seems to be less, and as you can see I'm not the only one who noticed. Did you do extensive research on this, or did you just decide that "nothing has changed" is the final answer because you think so?

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

This thread is invalid. There are plenty of annoying kids playing runescape still, nothing has changed.

Yes, but there seems to be less, and as you can see I'm not the only one who noticed. Did you do extensive research on this, or did you just decide that "nothing has changed" is the final answer because you think so?

I don't think so, I know so. Every time I log on to Runescape I'm bombarded with them, so that pretty much tells me what's what.

2008sig2nb6.jpg

Quit RS 2005 | RSN: Johnalder

Back as of 5/7/2008!

Dragon Drops: x1 Med, x5 Legs, x4 Skirts, x25 Boots, x1 Visage | x7 Abyssal Whips

in game f2p ive seen slightly better but p2p well seems to have gotten worse

tip.it however has gotten alot maturer think its couse its generaly more mature and older people here then other fan forums

ps i think the golden era hes talking about must been 2002ish or something i dont remmember specific years but rsc days were the true golden era

I'm gonna have to argue with your theory that Tip.It has gotten more mature. The levels of grammar, punctuation, and post construction have dropped through the floor.

OT: Runescape forums now does have alot of more mature players, but from What I've seen, it consists of wanna-be mods directing the less literate players on why they shouldn't be posting *insert random topic here*. There has been a steady downcrease and I've seen no difference at all.

brandonssx.png

Who gives a cabbage about maturity in RS. As long as the text is easy to read and understand, I'm fine.

"buy rune 2h!"

What, are you ASKING me to BUY something of yours? Ffs noob, put a freaking -ing at the end.

I love you dude, that last part tells exactly how I feel about that.

2j3qh46.jpg

Oh noo, I'd say the exact opposite. I'm was at the fishing guild and there was one guy who capitalized the first letter of every word, and when I told him to turn off caps lock, he said he was just shifting everything. And then he kept laughing about how his granite plate 'owned' a dragon platebody I borrowed for looks.

-.-

We've got a long, long way to go.

aporia.png

95/99 Summoning

95/99 Slayer

[hide=This is what you look like when you play RS too long]2vvq0z4.jpg[/hide]

Oh noo, I'd say the exact opposite. I'm was at the fishing guild and there was one guy who capitalized the first letter of every word, and when I told him to turn off caps lock, he said he was just shifting everything. And then he kept laughing about how his granite plate 'owned' a dragon platebody I borrowed for looks.

-.-

We've got a long, long way to go.

N=1 is not statistically relevant.

i smoke and i drink

does that make me mature

BURN.

Has RS grown more mature? I don't think so. I'm now lvl 123 with 1925 total so I hardly ever go to places where low leveled players train. Most people at the places I train are in the same total level (and generally time spent on RS) range. So they are most likely around my age, and thus considered 'mature' (I'm 17 by the way). But the use of incoherent sentences and bad grammar increases exponentially when I go to busy places where a lot of low levels reside. Examples include but aren't limited to Varrock, the GE or Lumbridge. The general RS population hasn't grown more mature, it was probably just you and your fellow 'generation' of Runescapers \' .

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

I really don't think so, to be honest. I agree with mEb, it's probably just the fact that you don't spend as much time at certain places as you used to, so your exposure to the noobity of runescape seems lessened.

There are alot of people who need to grow up irs. Or maybe lern 2 spk engrsh pls #-o

this-is-why-im-hot-super-mario-bros-fire-flower-funny-video-game-t-shirt-snorgtees.gif

GT: JRD is AvT

YT: hatethegamer

Youtube has nothing on it atm, but getting HD PVR within a month, so watch this space.

ehh, I've noticed the community here is just involuntarily elitist. People who have been around here for years have such high levels by now, so that there isnt a real influx of new blood. This is purely postulation though, no experimentation involved, but it KIND OF makes sense. RS has been out for almost 8 years now, so that even people who started in 05 (me) have played for half the game's duration, getting levels all the way. I see most stat signatures with +1600 total level, something that takes a great deal of time, and during that time those players have matured. I think at least here, people really are 'coming of age' as the divide between top scapers and lesser scapers broadens.

signature.png

About RSOF being more mature, there are just way fewer people on it then a year ago or so. Before the ge there were 1000s of people trading items there, now its dozens, so it's normal that there will be less immature people there.

Retired High Leader of the Great Titans

linesig3bv2.jpg

DK: Dragon axe x55, Zerker x40, Warrior x44

GWD: Bandos hilt x2,Bandos plate x8,Bandos tassets x3, Bandos boots x 2, Armadyl helm x2, Armadyl hilt x1, Saradomin sword x3

Dragon drops: d chain x3, d left half x3, d legs x4, d skirt x2, d claws x6

While actually playing Runescape, people seem to be nicer. Well, I am doing more higher leveled content, as I am a higher level, and most of the time it's low levels that are the annoying ones. Though there are plenty of rude high levels, the majority seems to be nicer.

Yet, on the RSOF... It's terrible, and gotten even worse. Everyone is whining on that dreadful place, they say "JAGEX IS MAKING SO MANNEY MISTAKES RECENTLEY" and start listing off minor bugs, and even how Jagex took their time to improve things that were already fine. They think it's bad for Jagex to make any bit of a mistake, and making something better secretly means it was terrible before.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

This is a common trend of runescape I've noticed since I started playing back in 2003, that runescape experiences waves of players. Soon a majority of older players will decided to give up the game and a new wave of younger players will emerge to replace the void left my the older players. It happens to tipit all the time. Of course this is all from my personal observations of the game and this community.

tFtfA.jpg

i smoke and i drink

does that make me mature

BURN.

Has RS grown more mature? I don't think so. I'm now lvl 123 with 1925 total so I hardly ever go to places where low leveled players train. Most people at the places I train are in the same total level (and generally time spent on RS) range. So they are most likely around my age, and thus considered 'mature' (I'm 17 by the way). But the use of incoherent sentences and bad grammar increases exponentially when I go to busy places where a lot of low levels reside. Examples include but aren't limited to Varrock, the GE or Lumbridge. The general RS population hasn't grown more mature, it was probably just you and your fellow 'generation' of Runescapers \' .

I'd like to point out that you can't say someone is "mature" by their level. High levels can be fools as can low levels be "mature"

Understanding.png

"Probably the worst thing I do is take bubble baths. But manly ones."

No matter what the avatar looks like, I'm male