RuneScape players coming of age?

Amundogus2

Is it just me, or have RS players gotten slightly more...mature? I'm looking at the forums and I see almost noone starting a sentence without a capital letter, and few stupid posts (still some though). If that's true, could this be because kids are leaving and new players are coming in after the HD update? Or what do you think?

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Except that the ex-pkers/lurers/scammers transformed to ego-centric individualist skillers, the community is going upwards. I've also noticed that.

savormix.gif
R.I.P. oO000oO0oO00, RS2 range pure transformed to a maxed PvM char in EoC, ten years of time completely wasted.
Good to be gone :)

Wow, I should check this out

Could we be entering a "silver" era of Runescape (nothing could compare to the "golden" era that a few of you enjoyed

Understanding.png

"Probably the worst thing I do is take bubble baths. But manly ones."

No matter what the avatar looks like, I'm male

Maybe, I cant really tell tbh. While the evil baby-snatching peace hating communist pkers have dwinled and most people have declared they were the root of all evil, I cant say Ive seen a great increase in terms of maturity.

As far as the kids leaving goes i wouldn't agree, they're still there and really alot of content will probably keep them playing.

I do like the way the new quest killed alot of characters of though, and seemed to have pretty deep threads running through it. Felt more geared to a mature audience.

I'm looking at the forums and I see almost noone starting a sentence without a capital letter
Tbh thats got nothing to do with maturity, some peoples english is just poor (Im no expection).

Theres a fine line between not listening and not caring,

I like to think I walk this line every day.

Pinning blame on Jagex is like trying to put pants on an old man.

You both know he needs them, but he'll just keep dancing around, avoiding them at all costs.

Wait, what? A positive thread about player maturity? This... this cannot be!

I'm going to check this out. Now.

EDIT: After some very brief perusing, I reckon there has been an improvement since I quit using the RSOF. But it's not that significant.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Could we be entering a "silver" era of Runescape (nothing could compare to the "golden" era that a few of you enjoyed

You mean 2006?

that was the grow-year of rs ::'

I joined in 2006

2nv5bvl.png
99 Firemaking 30-5-2010 | 99 Fletching 13-7-2014
TET-AU member:6-10-2010 - 21-10-2011

I started in 2005 and liked the community back then more so than now. I miss standing in edgeville bank walking in circles with friends talking. Seems now with clanchat and such, that friendships are harder to maintain.

Low_C.png

in game f2p ive seen slightly better but p2p well seems to have gotten worse

tip.it however has gotten alot maturer think its couse its generaly more mature and older people here then other fan forums

ps i think the golden era hes talking about must been 2002ish or something i dont remmember specific years but rsc days were the true golden era

v49y88.png

RS community has never been mature, at least not since '02 or something. It's a false illusion. You might get the feeling things are going uphill from now on, but it's really just the tip of the iceberg. What people you meet ingame on your playing sessions can just coincidentially be the maturer kind, but that doesn't mean everyone share the same trait. There are certainly a bunch of kids on an f2p or even p2p server who to this day haven't grasped the basics of the game, let alone write with correct spelling, punctuation etc...

dontfearthereaper2.png

for every runescape player that matures, another two 10 year olds replace that said player, so no :wall:

did i say 2? i meant 20, or was that 50 :? ... ::'

You only live twice. Once when you are born and once when you look death in the face.

Do not fear Death. Death is always at our side. When we show fear, it jumps at us faster than light. But, if we do not show fear, it casts its eye upon us gently and then guides us into infinity...

well it depends on how u look at things, what posts u read and where u hang out in rs itself...

on the forums (especialy fansites and the lessvisited areas of rs-forum) the pll have become more mature than, lets say, 3years ago. but thats mostly because, thanks to GE and tutors, the lower (and also younger) players dont need to go on the fora to buy stuff or ask silly questions.

but im now f2p again and desided to train my fishing a little in barbanian village or ive done ages of fm in f2p in GE and the pll still stay as young, enoying, immature as they used to be :(

claneurope.gif

exercitum-1.png

[hide]visage drop 11/01/09

goals:

all skills 70+ (completed)

all skills 80+

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER![/hide]

You mean 2006?

that was the grow-year of rs ::'

I joined in 2006

The year RS went downhill.

about the golden years of rs around 2002-2003 i totaly agree! we were less, there werent that much highlvls then so nobody was enoyed by 20 lvl3 noobs who wanted to get some cash, nice stuff costed lots of nice money (a mask was something u could only dream of and not something u see 20times a day) etc.

its true that now a good era for rs is coming: the new HD will atract more pll -> more money 4 jagex -> more informatici can be hired -> more and even better updates will come

but yea, maybe thats just a dream, well see :D ;)

claneurope.gif

exercitum-1.png

[hide]visage drop 11/01/09

goals:

all skills 70+ (completed)

all skills 80+

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER![/hide]

It's gotten a tad better from say, last year. But nothing beats the old days.

I joined in 2004, and runescape was perfect then.

Geekoverlord.png

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

Runescape has policies now?

archsupportei2.png

First barrows drop 12/12/08 - Aharims Robeskirt FTW XD

about the golden years of rs around 2002-2003 i totaly agree! we were less, there werent that much highlvls then so nobody was enoyed by 20 lvl3 noobs who wanted to get some cash, nice stuff costed lots of nice money (a mask was something u could only dream of and not something u see 20times a day) etc.

its true that now a good era for rs is coming: the new HD will atract more pll -> more money 4 jagex -> more informatici can be hired -> more and even better updates will come

but yea, maybe thats just a dream, well see :D ;)

A dream yes it is,

But sorry to go a tad offtopic before going on topic but I'd rather Jagex spent more money on their Customer support.

Anyway, On Topic: I can see there are a few mature players popping up here and there, but nothing major. The Rsof are still littered with immature kids (pures, mostly) and in-game is quite the same. It depends on where you are in-game, too. Standing in Seers Village, woodcutting or in Draynor you'd think differently about more mature players. But, standing in Edgeville World 99 You'll see quite the opposite (most of the time).

Hopefully, as time goes on so will the pures/immature kids that play. Leave us all a bit of peace, eh?

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Except that the ex-pkers/lurers/scammers transformed to ego-centric individualist skillers, the community is going upwards. I've also noticed that.

Haahaa, maybe it's because the pkers left after the first wilderness update? :P

JAGEX, REMOVE THE PVP WORLDS!

Lol, jking :)

I haven't really noticed any change since I don't look on the RSOF forums too much. I never thought the "noob level" was too bad at all except for the "noob boom era" which was a year or two ago. Glad I wasn't playing as heavily then, lol ;)

Haahaa, maybe it's because the pkers left after the first wilderness update? :P

JAGEX, REMOVE THE PVP WORLDS!

10-Dec-2008 PVP World's Removed Due To Bug's.

I would have laughed so hard if they posted that on the main page as a joke.

I realy couldn't tell you because I've been slaying for the past whatever it has been and havn't interacted with many people in Runescape except for the occasional people who are rude and try to spot steal. But it seems to have matured some what because I havn't been begged as much as I used to. But I think the main thing behind that is the more you mature and level you start hanging out with people equal to you and it seems like it's more mature that way.

But I am going to go a bit off topic and say that RSOF isn't that bad with all the help threads these days. Also it's over exaggerated about how immature people are there. I admit there is a few but for the most part there are good threads there and people could learn alot from them.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012