sees_all1

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

personally i think jagex should release the fallowing to f2p:

- blue dhide and rune arows

- splitbark/mystic robes and snare/wave spells

- personaly i think melee is fine but just to make meleers hapier meybe just release halbrieds and claws or maybe a couple dragon weapons

think about it im sure pleanty of f2p have quit because they get 40 def, 40 range, 40 atk, and 59 magic and their is nothing more two achieve. If this person who quit hears that these things were realesed they would rush to their computer and become adictid to runescape all over again.

personally i think jagex should release the fallowing to f2p:

- blue dhide and rune arows

No range is powerful enough

- splitbark/mystic robes and snare/wave spells

Snare maybe only air wave spells. No splitbark or mystic

- personaly i think melee is fine but just to make meleers hapier meybe just release halbrieds and claws or maybe a couple dragon weapons No, no, no.

think about it im sure pleanty of f2p have quit because they get 40 def, 40 range, 40 atk, and 59 magic and their is nothing more two achieve. If this person who quit hears that these things were realesed they would rush to their computer and become adictid to runescape all over again. I would be banned before posting as many facepalms as this thread deserves

Please get a spell checker.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Pureprayer, you're awesome.

Well it would be good and not harsh on members to make anything rune and below F2P compatible

because Dragon... Barrows and much higher armour, it would take to long for a F2P player to come up with that

amount of money in the space of the world map that they have.

What's Runescape?

Well it would be good and not harsh on members to make anything rune and below F2P compatible

because Dragon... Barrows and much higher armour, it would take to long for a F2P player to come up with that

amount of money in the space of the world map that they have.

Most people can easily make cash from Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining..you get the point. So we really shouldn't look down on F2p about their cash making ways because some can make more than the P2P people.

minni_wynn2.png

minni_wynn2.png

I think what f2pers truly deserve is a break from updates. I tihnk everyone can agree as soon as the wilderness was removed, jagex had a f2p mob to please. Doing so they had to ramp up the updates for F2p, with their last update being the Rune mysteries quest so serisouly f2p had been going on for a long time quite fine without any updates. But after the remvoal you see, dual arena, fist of guthix, rc guild and even more premise that more content will be released for them.

For starters the current content:

Bh and Clan Wars- Fair replacement tbh for Wilderness

Dual Arena- Tbh i did like the idea of this being f2p since its quite a nice thing to do BUT i believe it got killed slightly after Clan Wars FFA.

Fog- The point? Apart form that its extremely easy to start off training magic useing it with no cost, i believe this just failed. Shoulda have kept this p2p only and made more powerful/useful items from it

Rc Guild- Thank god its requirement is 50 is all i have to say, otherwise i could have seen this crashing rune/essence prices. Not a really necessary update tbh but i can see they wnated to increase interest in rc.

Now all these updates were given to them in a space of a year, more than any they had in a long time. Now definately f2p should get occasional updates but i think the rate there getting them is what i have a problem with. The same kinda problem sprouts since alot of updates have been revolved around PvP and for someone like me who enjoys questing and trouble brewing it drives me nuts that there drifting from giving out varied updates and to just concentrating on Ex-pkers, if they were really fussed they would have left by now and im pretty sure after a year there not going to do anything (though i do realise still on forums theres some noobs who still ask for wilderness back)

To others ideas:

The combat triangle needs fixing on both f2p and p2p, so if they can find a way to do this any way possible that would be great.

Capes of accomplishments: problem is it has quite very good stats and it is one of those items members go for so making it f2p would give backlash, i dont find it as common that f2p strive for 99 anyhow

More monsters: Sorry strongly disagree with this, you start adding more monsters ur basically increasing the ways for f2p to make money with no real benefit tbh

I hope that satisfys the amount of "contribution" your after, i do disagree with you scoldingof people for simply having the view that f2p doesnt need updates because sometimes they just dont deserve anything ;)

Breakout.jpg

08-12-03200335.png

Proud 99 Woodcutter, Quester and Cook

I think what f2pers truly deserve is a break from updates. I tihnk everyone can agree as soon as the wilderness was removed, jagex had a f2p mob to please. Doing so they had to ramp up the updates for F2p, with their last update being the Rune mysteries quest so serisouly f2p had been going on for a long time quite fine without any updates. But after the remvoal you see, dual arena, fist of guthix, rc guild and even more premise that more content will be released for them.

For starters the current content:

Bh and Clan Wars- Fair replacement tbh for Wilderness

Dual Arena- Tbh i did like the idea of this being f2p since its quite a nice thing to do BUT i believe it got killed slightly after Clan Wars FFA.

Fog- The point? Apart form that its extremely easy to start off training magic useing it with no cost, i believe this just failed. Shoulda have kept this p2p only and made more powerful/useful items from it

Rc Guild- Thank god its requirement is 50 is all i have to say, otherwise i could have seen this crashing rune/essence prices. Not a really necessary update tbh but i can see they wnated to increase interest in rc.

Now all these updates were given to them in a space of a year, more than any they had in a long time. Now definately f2p should get occasional updates but i think the rate there getting them is what i have a problem with. The same kinda problem sprouts since alot of updates have been revolved around PvP and for someone like me who enjoys questing and trouble brewing it drives me nuts that there drifting from giving out varied updates and to just concentrating on Ex-pkers, if they were really fussed they would have left by now and im pretty sure after a year there not going to do anything (though i do realise still on forums theres some noobs who still ask for wilderness back)

To others ideas:

The combat triangle needs fixing on both f2p and p2p, so if they can find a way to do this any way possible that would be great.

Capes of accomplishments: problem is it has quite very good stats and it is one of those items members go for so making it f2p would give backlash, i dont find it as common that f2p strive for 99 anyhow

More monsters: Sorry strongly disagree with this, you start adding more monsters ur basically increasing the ways for f2p to make money with no real benefit tbh

I hope that satisfys the amount of "contribution" your after, i do disagree with you scoldingof people for simply having the view that f2p doesnt need updates because sometimes they just dont deserve anything ;)

Actually, I rather enjoyed your post. Its been a while since someone has taken up the other side of the debate - while providing good reasons for what they say, or specific examples.

It went beyond - "you're f2p so shut up and be thankful you get anything".

If you notice, without rune runners, RC is nearly impossible to train. Figure that there's only about 15 at most players in F2P with 99 in it - and if jagex didn't give additional content, no one would ever make it past 90 again. You'll also remember that with the introduction of the RC guild, price of ess skyrocketed to nearly 80 gp per, and that wasn't for the pure essense, either.

You'll also have notice that the price for nature runes has fallen to about 220 gp per nat, and I would blame GOP, and pouches for this.

As far as FoG is concerned, it makes it easier for a F2Per to train mage, keep in mind that deaths cost nearly 300 gp each, which is more than blood runes. That means that the best f2p spell can hit is 16, and costs more than some of the other p2p spells that hit 20. I think FoG needs to be fixed for rangers also, but that is a problem with FoG and not the F2P content debate

Thank you for your response.

-sees

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

No to blue d'hide

No to chaos alter

Yes to yew bows

No to rune arrows

No to wave spells

I mostly agree with this, except the blue d'hide.

Im curious, why not blue dhide?

Because it's requirements are 50+ basically making it stronger than its rune counterparts. Should all be kept on a 40+ range.

Also on a side note it'd crash blue d'hide G and T, through the roof

Breakout.jpg

08-12-03200335.png

Proud 99 Woodcutter, Quester and Cook

No to blue d'hide

No to chaos alter

No to yew bows

No to rune arrows

No to wave spells

Because F2p range is dominate over melee and mage already so thats a NO to yew bows.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Pureprayer, you're awesome.

F2p deserves everything that Jagex believes they deserve. End of story;)

thats not what this thread is for, were debating what ftp should deserve in a subjective way, not what they deserve according to jagex. So the fact its all up to jagex is in a sense irrelavent.

I think it would be interesting to release wave spells to ftp, would certainly help the blood rune market but at the same time might hurt the members who mage through combat.

awteno.jpg

Orthodoxy is unconciousness

the only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed.

1. Put a few special attacks on rune weapons.

2. Crossbow bolts upto mith or addy + whatever xbow that needs.

3. Buff f2p magic. Few new spells maybe.

4. Rings.

5. A new f2p dungon, with some "high" lvl baddies, with some nice(ish) drops. Something round lvl 150.

Together these make f2p so much cooler for very little content.

6. If you've ever been a member you get a full size member bank forever.

Because it's [cabbage] and basically stops someone going back to f2p from p2p.

[hide=Quotes with my answers in bold]

No to blue d'hide

No to chaos alter

No to yew bows

No to rune arrows

No to wave spells

Because F2p range is dominate over melee and mage already so thats a NO to yew bows.

I asked about blue dhide.

Anyways, AngelofLife already explained a good reason, which I agree with.

1. Put a few special attacks on rune weapons. Thats not really necessary. F2P melee weapons are fine as they are.

2. Crossbow bolts upto mith or addy + whatever xbow that needs. F2P Ranged would be WAY overpowered. Getting 99 Ranged in F2P would be much easier, too.

3. Buff f2p magic. Few new spells maybe. Only a few spells are needed.

4. Rings. We already have Explorers Rings. Jewelry teleports shouldnt be F2P. Fremmenik Rings should and will stay P2P.

5. A new f2p dungon, with some "high" lvl baddies, with some nice(ish) drops. Something round lvl 150. Id like this =). Drops shouldnt become too nice, though. This is F2P were talking about.

6. If you've ever been a member you get a full size member bank forever. So then people basically pay for membership for a full size memebr bank? F2P should get more bank space, but this isnt a good idea.

Because it's [cabbage] and basically stops someone going back to f2p from p2p. Im excellent with cleaning my bank and saving space when going from P2P back to F2P. Ive done it many times, and I didnt find any problem.

[/hide]

1. Put a few special attacks on rune weapons.

2. Crossbow bolts upto mith or addy + whatever xbow that needs.

3. Buff f2p magic. Few new spells maybe.

4. Rings.

5. A new f2p dungon, with some "high" lvl baddies, with some nice(ish) drops. Something round lvl 150.

6. If you've ever been a member you get a full size member bank forever.

Because it's [cabbage] and basically stops someone going back to f2p from p2p.

You don't know what you're talking about. Contrary to popular belief, making up facts is, in fact, lying.

I used to be p2p and now I'm f2p. I have 428/68 bank. It's my biggest [bleep]ing pet peev. If you don't know what you're talking about, don't say it. This isn't the forum for you. Go back to rsof.

You don't know what you're talking about. Contrary to popular belief, making up facts is, in fact, lying.

I used to be p2p and now I'm f2p. I have 428/68 bank. It's my biggest [bleep] pet peev. If you don't know what you're talking about, don't say it. This isn't the forum for you. Go back to rsof.

Lol.

A couple questions, can you still store things in your 428/68 bank? Im guessing not. But did you purposely get at least one of every useful F2P item in your bank just to avoid getting rid of P2P stuff?

Why not implement a system where P2P going F2P will have their banks divided into P2P/F2P stuff. Let's say you have 300 items, and about 50 of them are F2P usable. The bank separates the P2P stuff from the F2P stuff by a divider line, and so that person will have 50/68 spaces used up in F2P while P2P items aren't affecting space.

If the member has more than 68 F2P items, that should cover many important items and you can just keep adding to the pile.

Taking a Playstation 3 break.

card.png

How about rune halberds and claws for mellee(no special though).

And snare would be a nice addition to mage, And Maybe the waves spells( I don't know how strong they are i've never been a member and why not the lv 40 magic armor)

I also think range should get rune arrows and yew bows But not any new armor.

all things that aren't uber powerful, but would make most f2pers happy for a while

But wait to make these free, we need to slow down f2ps new content. Most of us are getting greedy.

voidpic.png

[hide=stats]jakerules209.png[/hide]

Why not implement a system where P2P going F2P will have their banks divided into P2P/F2P stuff. Let's say you have 300 items, and about 50 of them are F2P usable. The bank separates the P2P stuff from the F2P stuff by a divider line, and so that person will have 50/68 spaces used up in F2P while P2P items aren't affecting space.

If the member has more than 68 F2P items, that should cover many important items and you can just keep adding to the pile.

I love this idea...... Go tell Mark Gerhard that!

• 5 months later...
F2P does not DESERVE ANYTHING. F2P should be happy they are playing for free.

This is just another of those "should F2P" get... threads. Just post on another instead of recanting.

No wonder even you can understand just how hate-able you are.

F2P should be happy they are playing for free? F2P is not some gift, F2P is a game. P2P is an expansion. As Sees said, the F2P version of runescape is not simply a demo of the game. And that is exactly why F2P should still get some attention once in a while.

You're just another imbecile who gives members a bad name. You think that because you pay for it, anyone who doesn't is below your standard. Grow up and see F2P for what it is and should be, not what you want it to be.

Cpchris.png

Cpchris.png

Cpchris.png

Melee = Dragon shortsword (it'd have no spec, maybe a new quest for f2p to wield it, would hit like 3 more than rune scim), dragon med helm, rune boots, dragon gauntlets.

Magic = Mystic robes, splitbark armour, all the wave spells, teacher wand and below, ability to do mage arena (Another entrance in a different part of wildy, perhaps) for god spells (not charge), entangle.

Ranged : Blue d'hide chaps/vambs/top, yew shortbow, adamant crossbows and adamant bolts.

Zerker_jane.png