What do F2Pers actually deserve?

sees_all1

What do they deserve? Nothing more.

What do they get? Little surprises here and there. Live with it, you just got teleblock today.

I'm going to start reported posts from here on out that don't contribute to the discussion. If all you have to say is "F2Pers deserve nothing more" then you obviously have nothing to say, and you shouldn't be posting. Don't be surprised if your post gets deleted.

OT: I'm semi-surprised that F2P got teleblock, but it does a little something to even out the combat triangle. Now if we could just get higher hitting spells, and a better bind.

Remember, this thread is not about whining and complaining about "Why can't F2P have" - there's a rant for that. Its a discussion and a debate on what existing content should not be F2P, what P2P stuff could be F2P without destroying the member/non balance, and lastly the F2P stuff that desperately needs updating because not updating it would ruin certain aspects of the game.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, F2P deserves nothing. It is free. If you are a begger, you can't say that every X amount of people that walk by, 1 must give you atleats Y amount of money.

They won't make skillcapes F2P. They count on F2Pers going members for a month exclusively for the skillcape.

They won't alow blood runes because that is the top "tier" of runes.

They might give F2P rune arrows, but it would overpower range.

Did you read this first post?

Please, tell me something I don't know. Put some fresh ideas into the thread, instead of repeating the same butt-drool over and over again.

I think the higher range equipment would be appropriate, and I've always thought that the f2p combat triangle is cabbage. Adding to what we could craft is an interesting idea.

I think higher f2p range items would increase demand for current stagnant p2p items, and would bolster p2p money making.

Are maple logs f2p? Woodcutting maples is something else I didn't think of; I'm not sure why we'd need maples though.

I am simply restating facts. Sure, it has been said before, I am simply confirming it. Would higher F2P items work? No. Simply having a high requirement isin't going to work. People will be able to make and use them.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

Like I said before, F2P deserves skill capes. You can do the emote and take it off and put it on in F2P worlds.To top it off, it's harder to get 99's F2P. So they deserve skill capes.

They won't do that. They want people to go P2P for a month just to get it.

Owned_Nex.png

Well, as far as the "RS Bill of Rights" goes, its Jagex's game. If you would just read the Terms of Agreement, you would read that it clearly states, "your Jagex account is property of Jagex LTD." A Bill of Rights would be required if we were born into the rule of a government to protect us from our potentially poor circumstances. I'm pretty sure you signed up for Runescape, you agreed to the Terms of Agreement, which means your Runescape account is subject to their "jurisdiction" and "condemnation" if you will. Sorry, you have no grounds to ask this question.

Well, as far as the "RS Bill of Rights" goes, its Jagex's game. If you would just read the Terms of Agreement, you would read that it clearly states, "your Jagex account is property of Jagex LTD." A Bill of Rights would be required if we were born into the rule of a government to protect us from our potentially poor circumstances. I'm pretty sure you signed up for Runescape, you agreed to the Terms of Agreement, which means your Runescape account is subject to their "jurisdiction" and "condemnation" if you will. Sorry, you have no grounds to ask this question.

That isn't what this discussion is about; in the OP I was referencing this: viewtopic.php?f=143&t=768537.

If you would like to post your views on this, I suggest you do it there.

♪♪ And I'm not done

Im surprised that we got teleblock

even though we cant spec so doing this makes it useless

and this still dosent compensate for taking off trade limit for both f2p and p2p and pucking up wildy :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :(

34sny53.png

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

:o Another thread about what f2p deserve :o

F2p in my opinion really deserve no further updates. We already get too much than what we deserve and p2p complain because we get too much. P2p can complain because seriously even in my opinion f2p should just get the basic necessities to enjoy this game and at the same time tempt them to get membership. The point of f2p is a demo the the actual 'real' game which is p2p. We get Lumbridge, Falador, Varrock, Draynor etc. but that is it! That's all we should get. Defenitions of P2p and F2p:

F2p: A demo of a game that has no limit to how long you can play the demo.

P2p: The full game for 5$ a month (Which isn't really that expensive :roll:)

So my point is F2p should stop complaining and just suck it up and accept that this is all they're gonna get! If they want more then friggin' pay for membership. I may be f2p but i'm on the p2p side on this.

Off topic: How many time did I use the words f2p and p2p is this whole post?

F2p in my opinion really deserve no further updates. We already get too much than what we deserve and p2p complain because we get too much. P2p can complain because seriously even in my opinion f2p should just get the basic necessities to enjoy this game and at the same time tempt them to get membership. The point of f2p is a demo the the actual 'real' game which is p2p. We get Lumbridge, Falador, Varrock, Draynor etc. but that is it! That's all we should get.

Alright, so to keep with my OP - What should F2P not have gotten? What extra content did Jagex release to F2P that should have been members only? I hate sounding like a broken record, but this thread isn't about asking Jagex for more stuff. There's the "Why Can't F2P have .... !?" sticky for that.

This thread is to debate the merits of things that F2P already have, things that Jagex were extra generous on, as well as things that P2P have now that would not ruin the F2P/P2P relationship if F2P got it. It is also about existing F2P content that is glitched, or in dire need of updating, because without updating it takes away from RS in general.

OT: I think canoes are a good idea - how many members actually use those?

I also think it's kinda weird for Jagex to give Teleblock, but they didn't make snare F2P. Gotta say though I can't wait for 85 magic!

♪♪ And I'm not done

Well.

Canoes are really useless, however it WOULD be a good method for F2P clan wars. It is a fast way to get to mossies.

Owned_Nex.png

ahh what *do* f2pers deserve?

My list:

Skill capes-its still an achievement to get a 99 in a skill and f2p skillers should be rewarded as well. it is harder in a way to train in f2p than p2p. (this does not include quest cape)

better metal xbow without bolts(e)-Gives a better edge to rangers in f2p

New minigame arena-like castle wars, fun but not so useful rewards only for the looks.

there are my suggestions :D

I think that above all, f2p deserves the skillcape.

Its kind of unfair that f2p doesn't get the skillcape, its basically saying "Well you're f2p so you don't deserve any recognition even though you achived the same thing as a member".

While I think f2p deserves another minigame, theres not too much I can say if I don't get it.

After all, I do play for free.

ry4siggycopyqp3.gif

They deserve Snare. By the time a mage finishes casting Bind and runs up to the target, the target is free again -.-

Even if they do deserve Skillcapes, many skillcapes can only be obtained from member areas. (Firemaking, Attack, Strength, Ranged, Cooking etc.)

Thanks..

Lord Shalaj

[99 Woodcutting] [99 Strength][99 Hitpoints]

30db3v5.jpg

"What will come, will come..

..We will have to face it when it does!"

Farming With Profit and VineSweeper Guide

A better method to slay Dagannoths!

PvP drops:

[hide=]1 x Vesta's Chainbody, 3 x Brawling gloves (Melee [1], Range [1], Magic [1])[/hide]

Well.

Canoes are really useless, however it WOULD be a good method for F2P clan wars. It is a fast way to get to mossies.

agreed, the only use for them on members is to go to the deep wild green dragons.

awteno.jpg

Orthodoxy is unconciousness

the only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed.

Well.

agreed, the only use for them on members is to go to the deep wild green dragons.

I use it all the time for KBD and its great for some clues too.

The amount of content that Jagex has introduced into their game is astonishing, to say the least. If you ask me, the don't spend -nearly- enough time refining the content they already have in-game. They just keep releasing new content and continue to make the game bigger and bigger, which in the long run is why people get bored so easily. Like Me.

Back on topic, I think if they introduced (or moved from P2P to F2P) so other/new transportation methods, it would make thousands of people happy.

The new CEO of Jagex, Mark Gerhard, said that the free game will be improved!

We'd also like to clear up a few issues surrounding the free game. RuneScape is different from all other MMOs in that the free game has an epic amount of content (we'd estimate over 2,000 hours worth to get all your skills up to 99 and complete all the quests) and isn't merely a demo for the members version. If anything, we see the members version as an expansion pack for those that really love the game and we feel both games are substantive in their own right. I want to apologise for habitually over-promoting the benefits of membership to our free players. I strongly believe if you love the free game you will equally love the members content and that is sufficient promotion to me. If you can't enjoy the free game in its own right then we're not doing our jobs properly. We will continue to improve the free game and, crucially, make it as fun as possible because we know that this is the way that everyone first discovers RuneScape.

The point of f2p is a demo the the actual 'real' game which is p2p.

the free game has an epic amount of content (we'd estimate over 2,000 hours worth to get all your skills up to 99 and complete all the quests) and isn't merely a demo for the members version. If anything, we see the members version as an expansion pack
The_Maddest.png

They deserve nothing. Stop being cheap. /thread

Howdydee2003:

99 Attack - 99 Strength - 99 Hits - 99 Magic - 99 Smithing

First To get 99 Smithing With GoldSmithing Guants

Zx7r Ninja (Currently Training) Updated 2/14/09: Ags Achieved on 2/15/09

75/75 Attack 89/99 Strength 50/50 Def 78/85 Hits

***Owned a Bandos Godsword since 59 Combat***

They deserve nothing. Stop being cheap. /thread

:lol: =D> :lol:

Nice fail; have some fail-cake. It was baked especially for people like you.

Even Jagex's CEO disagrees with you.

OT: I modified the first post to reflect this recent change in events. Hopefully this will allow the discussion to open up and expand into different areas what we've not seen before. I like a good discussion.

I think giving anything to F2P which would allow them to level a little bit faster, yet also make a member's life easier / cheaper / level faster is a win-win situation.

♪♪ And I'm not done

Something nice for F2P might be better crossbows. No one ever uses crossbows in F2P since it's so useless when only shooting bronze bolts. Higher level bind spells might also be nice for PVP, but this is F2P so be happy with what we have. We are getting something for nothing after all. RS F2P is already pretty huge and a person can spend a lot of time playing, and continue raising stats if they wished, even after doing all quests and stuff.

Well.

Yeah, this would be a nice addition to f2p. I could see it happening, too.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti