What do F2Pers actually deserve?

sees_all1

Melee = Dragon shortsword (it'd have no spec, maybe a new quest for f2p to wield it, would hit like 3 more than rune scim), dragon med helm, rune boots, dragon gauntlets.

Magic = Mystic robes, splitbark armour, all the wave spells, teacher wand and below, ability to do mage arena (Another entrance in a different part of wildy, perhaps) for god spells (not charge), entangle.

Ranged : Blue d'hide chaps/vambs/top, yew shortbow, adamant crossbows and adamant bolts.

Those are good ideas, and I think Jagex should really consider moving some old members stuff to f2p. :thumbup:

I played the game as both pure f2p, and members. I was f2p for almost 4 years, and I was happy with the stuff in the beginning. But then I realised a lot of members items were useless in p2p, but could be awesome in f2p.

Staurolite.png

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, i'm a f2p nub here...

Yew bows? Yes.

Rune arrows? Would be overpowered i think...

Blue d'hide? Only if we give 50 defence armour and and level 50 robes too...

I would LOVE to see Mage Arena and godspells f2p, but i doubt this would ever happen, and i believe that is already wanting waay too much >.<

Snare/Entangle, Splitbark/Mistics/ Wave spells are NEEDED.

I don't have trouble with the f2p bank space, really, but a little more would be nice though. Also, finding a way of making member's items don't take up bankspace would be great for the ex-members f2p, idk why Jagex haven't worked on that already -.-

More quests? PLEASE =D

What we REALLY need and deserve the most is a better way of training prayer. Big bones are terrible >.<

F2p deserve a boss, so there is a challenge in f2p and it gives a taste of what the p2p bosses are...

And please, no special attacks. F2p pking is fine as it is now, don't make a change that could ruin it. Not having special attacks is what makes f2p pking better imo >.<

Unless it is simply special attacks that drain the enemies defence, or something like that, maybe. But no k0ing specs like DDS, it would kill f2p pvp the way it is now :ohnoes:

Some more accurate weapons so Full Rune fights aren't 0,0,0,0,0,0,0 would be nice too.

Chaos altar AND pure essence mining please. Pure ess causes a lot of trouble for Runecrafters, and the only reason that it was created was to stop bots. We all know it failed miserably, and caused all the credit card stealing problems, so give ess mining back to f2p pl0x >:o

Also, the low level Att pots, Range pots and Mage pots would be really great =D

Though, make Super Range and Super Mage pots for p2p please Jagex -.-

Now, what it is REALLY IMPORTANT: If Jagex is gonna give old p2p stuff for f2p, at the sime time they should give bigger and better versions of what they are giving to f2p to p2p.

In Funorb, everytime they make something f2p, they gie p2p something, and it works perfectly. Zombie Down for example, they made the whole game f2p, but gave p2p a nice expansion pack. Worked well.

Give to p2p stuff when they give f2p stuff, and RSOF won't be set on fire by "we pay we say @mg they givin' nuby stuf for f2p z0mg ohnoes i quit nao" rants >.>

I agree with the mass amount of people that believe mage (f2p and p2p) needs an overhaul.

I'm 91 magic, almost 92, and if I were to split myself up into two avatars, my melee self would destroy my mage self, even though my melee stats are weak.

And once I get 99, that is still what will happen. My max hit will always be 16 with mage.

P2P also needs an overhaul. The max hit is like 29 or something? Yes you get things to hold your opponent, freeze, reduce stats somewhat, but how does that help defend against a spec or something?

Cpchris.png

Cpchris.png

Cpchris.png

I strongly support that F2P mage needs a HUGE revamp. It currently sucks like [cabbage] now.

Yew bows and rune arrows? Not really, if it means 1 less of those precious F2P updates. But it could be released if Jagex wants though, no harm anyway.

More quests? Definitely. The last REAL quests we got was like - what - before I started playing RS? Don't say those Holiday Events were "quests".

Some potions for mages/rangers? Definitely. I don't see why melee should get unfair treatment, with their strength potions.

Bury-x? Definitely. We don't have a nice, convenient way to get prayer xp. Go train to 43 prayer with a level 3 account and see if you faint from its tediousness.

Bury-x? Definitely. We don't have a nice, convenient way to get prayer xp. Go train to 43 prayer with a level 3 account and see if you faint from its tediousness.

Haha, i remember camping at the chaos altar on a level 3 burying bones for ageesss trying to get 43.

I got 32 or something, and quit because i wasent even half way.

O.O

Haha, i remember camping at the chaos altar on a level 3 burying bones for ageesss trying to get 43.

I got 32 or something, and quit because i wasent even half way.

Me too. I got about 1.5K xp at the chaos altar, got thoroughly sick of it, asked myself why the [bleep] was I doing it anyway, and went clan warring.

I think it might be a good idea if they introduce some dragon weapons into f2p like the dragon dagger and longsword.

And make (F2P) melee even more powerful? Besides, this would also mean making the "Lost City" quest F2P as well.

1. they already did in the form of corrupt dragon and guess what NO QUEST

The game haha you lose

I think it might be a good idea if they introduce some dragon weapons into f2p like the dragon dagger and longsword.

And make (F2P) melee even more powerful? Besides, this would also mean making the "Lost City" quest F2P as well.

1. they already did in the form of corrupt dragon and guess what NO QUEST

And guess what? It degrades away and not repair-able...

I strongly support that F2P mage needs a HUGE revamp. It currently sucks like [cabbage] now.

Yew bows and rune arrows? Not really, if it means 1 less of those precious F2P updates. But it could be released if Jagex wants though, no harm anyway.

More quests? Definitely. The last REAL quests we got was like - what - before I started playing RS? Don't say those Holiday Events were "quests".

Some potions for mages/rangers? Definitely. I don't see why melee should get unfair treatment, with their strength potions.

They should...itd be no different from cooking

Cpchris.png

Cpchris.png

Cpchris.png

• 8 months later...

Sorry if I'm bumping a really old thread, but I just had to throw this out. (Directly copied from the F2P can't have thread.)

Ok, first of all, why do you say F2P "deserves" something? It's more like F2P needs that stuff. Don't think of F2P as another one of those ripped off demos. Jagex made a F2P game, because it was F2P to begin with. It has nothing to do with their generosity (though some may argue that).

Now, to the actual topic.

The only thing that F2P "deserves" is Fletching.

Why? Because of the following reasons:

- You can make melee and magic stuff. No ranged stuff?

- In dungeoneering, ranged/magic are at a disadvantage with weapons (bows/arrows/staffs require fletch)

- It's a noob 99, as most members say.

So I suggest the following:

- Can only fletch shortbows/longbows up to maple, and arrows up to adamant.

- Can only fletch bows/arrows/staffs up to tier 5 (spinebeam/fractite) in Dungeoneering.

- Smithing: Smith arrowtips.

- Flax field: Perhaps add one in Falador? It ought to make that place more popular.

What I don't want (just about everything else that has been suggested):

- More bank space: If you are complaining about this, you have organization issues.

- Other P2P skills: They just don't fit in IMO.

- Chaos altar: What's the point?

- Green dragons: Dungeoneering already has frost/green/iron, and since it makes too much money on P2P it will make F2P moneymaking too easy.

- Yew bow/rune arrows: Maple longbow sight says hi.

- Armor: Melee and ranged are good enough, magic just requires you to play a not-so-hard to learn minigame.

- More quests/diaries: I'll be happy if they are given by Jagex, but I personally don't care.

- Skillcapes: No, just no.

- More minigames: Dungeoneering is already a great "minigame", as is FOG and GOP. I don't think we need anymore.

- Crossbows: Again, maple longbow sight says hi.

- Blue dragonhide: Just, no.

- Easier ways to train prayer: Do you honestly need that high of a prayer level in F2P?

- Boss monsters: Dungeoneering bosses say hi. And some actually require strategy.

- Certain members' areas: Again, no point.

- Spears/Claws/Halberds: ...

- Poison: Yeah, go ahead and add something that will be VERY annoying.

The ONLY other thing that should be given to F2P are boots up to rune, but I could care less about it tbh.

Oh and F2P doesn't "deserve" to have member disadvantages in Dungeoneering. Why put doors and puzzles that require member skills/levels to open?

And monkfish? That's kinda overkill imo.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

what ft2p should get... hmm...

first of all, and most of all, a combat triangle. insted of the "line" thay have now.

skill capes (maybe)

yew bow (and longbow sight-able, or would that be overpowered?)

crossbows n bolts up to rune or addamant

improved mage (just everything overall :mellow: )

attack, defence, and a few other low level potions (comeon people, what member uses them? and wouldent f2p buy them up like crazy = high price = profitable hebilore at least for a few levels)

a boss monster or 2, kbd or gient mole are good options as i see it. although thay got that in the forum of the new skill.

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

what ft2p should get... hmm...

first of all, and most of all, a combat triangle. insted of the "line" thay have now. Hmm, I see you got a point there. But with the gravite stuff, longbow sight, tome of frost, etc released with dungeoneering, it MIGHT solve some parts of the triangle. Haven't tried them yet so not much of a say there.

skill capes (maybe) Nah, it will just make people "skillcape-crazy", like in members. I would love to see them being able to be re-equipped in F2P by ex-members, though.

yew bow (and longbow sight-able, or would that be overpowered?) A yew longbow sight would be a good addition. As for yew bows, maybe but not too sure about the after-effects.

crossbows n bolts up to rune or addamant Nah, I don't see any reason for that.

improved mage (just everything overall :mellow: ) Blood spells and soul curses, MAYBE. Equipment, no.

attack, defence, and a few other low level potions (comeon people, what member uses them? and wouldent f2p buy them up like crazy = high price = profitable hebilore at least for a few levels) That, I agree with.

a boss monster or 2, kbd or gient mole are good options as i see it. although thay got that in the forum of the new skill. I'd say no, because dungeoneering already has bosses (which you have mentioned already).

Just my 2 cents. :)

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

I find that fletching would be a worthwhile thing to make for f2p. Obviously only up to what the f2pers can actually utilize.

If you truly think about it Mages can runecraft almost all of their runes for most of the useful spells (though giving them the ability to craft chaos runes would definately be a plus), smiths that are suicidal enough to run to the runite spawn in the wildy and/or rich enough to afford tho buy runite ore can craft their own rune gear, and rangers can craft their armor. Accepting that it only seems logical to give them the ability to forge their weapons too.

nuc_sol.png

Fletching, the ability to equip skillcapes, increased crafting capability, and a balanced combat triangle.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Fletching, the ability to equip skillcapes, increased crafting capability, and a balanced combat triangle.

Fletching, yes.

Ability to equip skillcapes, yes.

Increased crafting capability, it depends on what you look at. Coifs, studded armor and snakeskin should be given and craftable (given that they are all under 40 ranged). Craftable green d'hide is a no for me.

Balanced combat triangle, again it depends. Magic now has the arcane blast necklace and the tome of frost, ranged already has the longbow sight, and melee has gravite weaponry.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Fletching, yes.

Increased crafting capability, it depends on what you look at. Coifs, studded armor and snakeskin should be given and craftable (given that they are all under 40 ranged). Craftable green d'hide is a no for me.

Balanced combat triangle, again it depends. Magic now has the arcane blast necklace and the tome of frost, ranged already has the longbow sight, and melee has gravite weaponry.

Arcane blast necklace changes the max hit of magic from 160 to 176... when magic is already a tick slower than a scimitar. Scimitars can also hit ~260 with 99 strength, or ~310 with a corrupt d scim. That's hardly balanced.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Fletching, yes.

Arcane blast necklace changes the max hit of magic from 160 to 176... when magic is already a tick slower than a scimitar. Scimitars can also hit ~260 with 99 strength, or ~310 with a corrupt d scim. That's hardly balanced.

not to mention stafs have +10 accuracy, and the scimy has +45 (yes mage armour helps but tradeing accuracy for defence to efectively gain nuthing? :thumbdown: )

anyway if it has not been sayd, f2p should get attack, defence and maybe a few other of the low level potions no member ever uses anyway.

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

Fletching, yes.

not to mention stafs have +10 accuracy, and the scimy has +45 (yes mage armour helps but tradeing accuracy for defence to efectively gain nuthing? :thumbdown: )

anyway if it has not been sayd, f2p should get attack, defence and maybe a few other of the low level potions no member ever uses anyway.

First of all, the max hit of fire blast is 198 in f2p (Arcane blast + gravite staff + mind bomb) AND mage gets TB and incredible accuracy

Max accuracy for mage in f2p is 55

You can get a perfect Defensive mage setup with an average of 122 defence and still with a +15 magic attack, coupled with 85+ magic, mystic might, and vs meleers in full rune it can stand up enough the pk effectively.

Low level mages uber-own in pvp geting max hits well over thier range and melee counter-parts.

I like magic...

pikatips001.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips002.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips003.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips004.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips005.png1,000 F2P Total Level Reached 10/8/10 !

[hide=Guides]Magic & Summoning Profit Spreadsheets! *UPDATES EVERY HOUR* (includes: High alch, Superheat, and Enchanting)

4 BETTER alternatives to flesh crawlers[/hide]

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂

First of all, the max hit of fire blast is 198 in f2p (Arcane blast + gravite staff + mind bomb) AND mage gets TB and incredible accuracy

Max accuracy for mage in f2p is 55

Woo hoo...

At a faster speed, melee hits 310+...

The best defense to a mage is to take your armour off. Or, to also have a higher magic level. People regularly splash on me when I'm in full rune, because my magic level is usually 10-20 levels higher than theirs. Remind me again - who is supposed to beat whom?

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

i could honestly deal with the skills f2p has now if only there were better monsters to kill. a boss monster, not all the way out in the wild and with worthwhile drops would make me jump for joy.

roaches are ok, rune scimis are definitely worthwhile but thats really it for f2p

monoclesmilecopy.jpg

You can have Fletching, Blue D'hide, Yew Bows, Green Dragons (hide crafting yes, ability to bury the bones they drop no), Maple Trees (you can already buy/burn them...), Chaos Altar, Wave Spells, Entangle, basic treasure trails, attack/def pots, and TzHaar City (no obby drops/onyx, though).

And F2P is a demo btw. The only reason MMG says it isn't is so that RS can gain free publicity from the Guinness Book of World Records for "World's Most Popular Free Game/MMO." Jagex is a business, and businesses need to increase profits and cut spending. Free advertising would solve that problem pretty well, don't you think?

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato