What do F2Pers actually deserve?

sees_all1

I'm sure you all know about the 1k+ posts and the 19k+ views of "Why can't F2P have ... ?!"

Probably most of you are thinking - sheesh dude, just pony up the $5 a month and quit whining.

Most of you also have heard the argument that advertisements get Jagex revenue too - some of you may agree with that, or disagree.

It doesn't matter, consider both of those points null and void in this thread.

If you can't enjoy the free game in its own right then we're not doing our jobs properly. We will continue to improve the free game and, crucially, make it as fun as possible because we know that this is the way that everyone first discovers RuneScape. -Mod MMG

What improvements could be made to F2P to make it as fun as fun as possible?

What current P2P content could be released to F2P, without destroying the balance?

What current F2P content should only be P2P?

What in F2P has grossly been neglected, and regardless should be fixed?

Once again, I do not want to hear anything about how f2p should just pay the $5 a month and shut up.

To my ideas.

-Jagex could release the current wave spells, entangle, and perhaps some of the high level curse spells, which would fix F2P maging.

-Jagex could make the chaos alter F2P without having an averse effect on P2P

-Jagex could make rune arrows, and up to blue d'hide F2P without having an averse effect on P2P. This would strengthen the combat triangle.

-I am surprised that the Great Orb Project is F2P. Seems to me that this minigame and it's rewards are pretty hot stuff for F2P.

-I am surprised that Jagex introduces P2P quests through holiday events, and allows F2Pers to participate.

-I am surprised that Fist of Guthix is F2P. The armour rewards are now trash, but the gloves are pretty decent.

Begin the debate.

EDIT: I don't want to see anymore of "Nothing, because its f2p". If you can't learn to contribute to the discussion, I suggest you not post here.

EDIT2: F2P is not a demo... if you feel it is, you should take that up with Jagex's CEO, and not this thread.

EDIT3: removed some excess spaces (this thread was made before the forum changeover, and I think all newlines were doubled)

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At one time, I was considering making a list of things that F2P could benefit from, or things that Members never use. In part, it had on it:

- Halberds

- Claws

- Spears/Hastae

- Wave Spells/Entangle

- Dragonhide up to Red

- Bolts up to Adamant, no tips

- Splitbark

- Zamorak/Guthix robes (I mean, c'mon already, who uses THAT stuff anymore)

This is obviously an incomplete list; things that F2P could benefit from, create a demand for, and become useful content once again.

I can't say I'm surprised that any of the minigames/new holiday themed quests are freeplay. It's almost like an event; the quests are so short that it'd be silly to keep it just for members. [Then, you'd hear a whole hell of a lot of rants about how short/dissatisfying the quests were. Irritating.]

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

tbh, I was surprised the the runecrafting guild was made F2p at all. but of course I am extremely grateful, something I can aim for :thumbsup: . However I disagree with a lot of peoples ideas of opening P2p items to F2p just because 'P2p don't use them'.

Just because they arent used by the mainstream of the client base doesnt mean that they can be added with impunity. If F2p is given too much too frequently (ie. whenever a members item is released that is not 'popular' then they will lack the incentive to get members as new items will gradually flow into F2p hands to keep them occupied and reduce the incentive to get members.

There, essay over :)

Legil_galad2.png

Woodcutting does not raise your combat level because most people do not play as yew trees.

-Jagex could make rune arrows, and up to blue d'hide F2P without having an averse effect on P2P. This would strengthen the combat triangle.

-I am surprised that the Great Orb Project is F2P. Seems to me that this minigame and it's rewards are pretty hot stuff for F2P.

Personally, I do not think that Jagex should make rune arrows and blue d'hide F2P. Right now we have green d'hide as F2P's best range armour, wearable at 40 range. The requirements for runite are similar, level 40 defense. Making blue d'hide F2P is, in a sense, giving F2P the next level of range armour, ignoring melee and mage(Mage in particular). If F2P should get anything new for ranged, I think that yew bows should be usable in F2P. Yew bows are usable at level 40 range, as rune weapons are usable at level 40 attack.

As for GOP, I was also surprised when it was announced that GOP would be usable in F2P. If I'd have to guess any reason for that, I'd suppose it's Jagex trying to draw more attention to the runecrafting skill.

IMO, F2P Runescape is fine as it is, except for one thing, skillcapes. That is perhaps the only thing that I want for F2P, the ability to use(not obtain) skillcapes. I think that anybody who has put the time, and effort into getting a 99 stat should be able to showcase that achievement, regardless of member status. This modification would mostly cater to ex-members who have earned, then obtained a skillcape, but then for whatever reason, had to go back to F2P.

100% F2P

Bonesaw342.png

234fcb4520.png

Bonesaw342.png

Bonesaw342.png

99 Defense, Tuesday February 10th 2009

99 Attack, Tuesday May 26th 200962,189th to get it

I think it might be a good idea if they introduce some dragon weapons into f2p like the dragon dagger and longsword.

And make (F2P) melee even more powerful? Besides, this would also mean making the "Lost City" quest F2P as well.

100% F2P

Bonesaw342.png

234fcb4520.png

Bonesaw342.png

Bonesaw342.png

99 Defense, Tuesday February 10th 2009

99 Attack, Tuesday May 26th 200962,189th to get it

IMO, F2P Runescape is fine as it is, except for one thing, skillcapes. That is perhaps the only thing that I want for F2P, the ability to use(not obtain) skillcapes. I think that anybody who has put the time, and effort into getting a 99 stat should be able to showcase that achievement, regardless of member status. This modification would mostly cater to ex-members who have earned, then obtained a skillcape, but then for whatever reason, had to go back to F2P.

That's really weird...

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=752642

On the topic at hand...

I think what f2p needs is the fixing of things which may or may not include the addition of new items. Like pvp and the combat triangle.

f203f1850c.png

-.- *Dont mind the santa*

Not another one of these threads. Soooo many of em. Whiners. :thumbdown:

Nice, somebody has read the debate club rules :thumbup: .

Anyway on topic, I agree that acheivement capes should be allowed for F2p. A 99 is still a 99 regardless of membership.

Legil_galad2.png

Woodcutting does not raise your combat level because most people do not play as yew trees.

F2P does not DESERVE ANYTHING. F2P should be happy they are playing for free.

This is just another of those "should F2P" get... threads. Just post on another instead of recanting.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

This is just another of those "should F2P" get... threads. Just post on another instead of recanting.

Except it isn't, did you even read the first post? This thread is to foster discussion on what they should, and shouldn't have gotten, and reasons why.

If you're not going to post in a constructive manner, I suggest you don't post.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

F2P does not DESERVE ANYTHING. F2P should be happy they are playing for free.

f2p is the base game of runescape jagex made it clear when they launched p2p that it was something EXTRA now the extra gotten so big that people forgett that they weiw it as something extra but looking how jagex mostley treat f2p with new updates some new minigames specialy the basic ones i still convinced they see f2p as the base of the game not a "demo" or anything like that

but of course we dont "deserve" anything but its in jagex intrest in making cash to keep f2p alive with more players

also remmember jagex got a big company with ONLY F2p then p2p came....

however i dont think f2p needs much more maybe a higher binding spell and yew bows

skill capes i guess for the sake of it

v49y88.png

we deserve w/e jagex gives us and decides to give us. now can we stop with these kinds of topics?

I agree.

Although, I wouldn't mind seeing wave spells f2p.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

I think it might be a good idea if they introduce some dragon weapons into f2p like the dragon dagger and longsword.

what about that cursed dragon stuff?

i mean cmon if you dont wanna go fight for it in pvp what do you really need it for?

because any monster in rs can be bested by rune (well f2p anyway)

i think f2p have not enough in some areas and too much in some

consider how little mages get

and compare to... maybe the new PK worlds?

i mean entire worlds to fight one another, and yet mages still have nothing but that blue cloth? cmon

(and yes that FoG stuff...)

Minicliper13.png

Minicliper13.png

You deserve whatever Jagex gives you. ...

Those same words can be applied to Members, too. Sure, you pay, but you only pay for the extra existing content, not the guarantee that you'll get updates on a bi-weekly schedule.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

::' Dont mind santa's son,He got a Xbox 2000(Realeased in the US when we colonize space)

F2Pers deserve atleast something.The mini games arnt that fun anymore.The FoG minigame is kinda fun but the prizes arnt that good besides showing off.And the GOP is only for hard core runecrafters.Here are 3 things F2Pers deserve

1.Skillcapes(Only for F2per skills)I mean why do F2pers not get skill capes?Because you have to get some at a members place?Why not make 1 person that gives you all the skillcapes you are elegible for.After all,F2p 99 is a bit harder

2.Range armour atleast to blue D hide.Alot of F2pers are rangers,Maybe not as much as melee but still.It can even out the Combat triangle for F2p.

3.Make F2pers get summoning or let F2p get to 136 cb like the members.

Im not a F2p.Im a member but i want F2p to be happy(So when they are dancing i pwn then)

Lan735

Proud member of the fighting saints

Fight as one and Die as one

1 person can change the world

I think they should introduce a few members items to F2P. This is becuase they could evetually get more $$$. If people see some of the members items, then they would want more and become members to get the full benefit. Just my feel on the whole thing :thumbsup:

killer9823.png

Killer9823.png

99 Fletch Achieved 1/1/2010

Except it isn't, did you even read the first post? This thread is to foster discussion on what they should, and shouldn't have gotten, and reasons why.

I read the first post. Have you?

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

I agree and disagree with some of the ideas you guys have posted.

The idea of skillcapes for those f2p skills is a good one.

Having been a member I know that some f2pers would like some of the items for them too.

As a P2P'er, I firmly believe that F2P deserves more bank space.

This is a very good idea. Such a limited bank space (only 68) isnt very good for most skillers.

They really need more space for things such as runes, armor, bows, etc...you get the idea.

hunting310 wrote:

what about that cursed dragon stuff?

The cursed dragon stuff is over 2times the money as the normal thing. That was a real waste on buying them for that much and they only lasting for 30 minutes. Totally stupid. (although when I was a member I was pretty good with the dragon battle axe :D)

So what if they made some of the members quest f2p just so we could have the items that come along with it. I mean a few more quests would be right nice because most f2pers can finish all the quests in a few days. Why arent we allowed some new quests for us but they being old ones for members? wouldnt hurt anything, but most likely take the cost of that item and raise it due to the demand from all the new people wanting it.

(if anyone wants to discuss this further with me you can contact me in game. its minni wynn2 and we can all join my clan chat because this stuff is fun to talk about. :D)

minni_wynn2.png

minni_wynn2.png

I read the first post. Have you?

You obviously didn't. He just explained what the whole thread was about. I guess you didn't read that part either.

The idea of skillcapes for those f2p skills is a good one.

I don't think he meant skillcapes for f2p. Just the ability for ex-members to use them in f2p.

3.Make F2pers get summoning or let F2p get to 136 cb like the members.
This is a good idea just not that high. Make it like 100 or 115 and that would make many happy.

Besides f2p summoning being a horrible idea, the max cmb lvl is still 126 for f2p, so I don't know where you're coming from.

f203f1850c.png