What do F2Pers actually deserve?

sees_all1

well, instead of saying you should pay the 5 bucks, ill list a few things..

Actual mage robes, (mystic) and not just minigame rewards.

FLETCHING. good lord this is broken, melee gets smith, mages get rc but no fletch for f2p? in any form? wtf?

I also agree on the wave spells, the current spells are really insufficient.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can have Fletching, Blue D'hide, Yew Bows, Green Dragons (hide crafting yes, ability to bury the bones they drop no), Maple Trees (you can already buy/burn them...), Chaos Altar, Wave Spells, Entangle, basic treasure trails, attack/def pots, and TzHaar City (no obby drops/onyx, though).

And F2P is a demo btw. The only reason MMG says it isn't is so that RS can gain free publicity from the Guinness Book of World Records for "World's Most Popular Free Game/MMO." Jagex is a business, and businesses need to increase profits and cut spending. Free advertising would solve that problem pretty well, don't you think?

Lol maple trees once were f2p.. There were a few between port sarim and draynor if I remember correctly...

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Intentionally staying f2p is like lvling a Magikarp, most of us will evolve it right when we hit lvl 20 but some people will keep training their Magikarp all the way to 100.

Sure its a LOT harder then getting a Gyarados to 100, but Magikarps are pathetically weak and only learn 2 moves and ultimately miss out on a lot of fun that they couldve had.

Same for f2p some people CHOOSE to limit themselves and complain about it. Their just like the people who lvl a Magikarp to 100, its quite the achievement but its really a waste of effort.

Moreover in rs, the people who are complaining that the f2p combat triangle is broken and f2p doesnt get any updates its your choice to deal with this. If you live in the United States or Canda or the UK they sell game cards in all those countries if your able to afford internet and a computer THERE IS NO EXCUSE that you cant afford members.

So you can complain all you want, it would be like begging for a magikarp to learn every move a Gyarados can.

You've used exactly the right words on this one! I am suprised to see this topic in General tough. There is already one in the discussion forum.

Anyway: In my view.. You complain about a lot, about a broken triangle. About little updates. You were told you'd get almost no updates at all in F2P when you started in F2P. They say F2P is a game in its own and it is. That it isn't the way YOU like it.. a whole different question. Ofcourse they won't perfect F2P, because they want you to become a member. Makes sense doesn't it? It isn't even perfected in P2P by the way, this combat triangle. Who says they should perfect F2P then?

Like many, I love to spend €5,- on a membership if this gives me the chance of expanding my game. I finished every quest (given nomad) just so I can enjoy the ENTIRE game in it's full glory and to see every area. I have yet to go GWD (only done aviansies and a single bandos trip) and I'm currently getting 77 mining just so I can use the living rock caves. (only done a living rock slayer task so far). You want more? There is a price ;) And not just the few euro's/dollars.. also time on questing, raising stats etc. You already gotten so much by dungeoneering now (broken after 90 but hey, A HUGE FRIGIN UPDATE!) Unlock this first (meaning all floors) and if you still hunger for more then.. that means you want membership!

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

[hide]

Intentionally staying f2p is like lvling a Magikarp, most of us will evolve it right when we hit lvl 20 but some people will keep training their Magikarp all the way to 100.

Sure its a LOT harder then getting a Gyarados to 100, but Magikarps are pathetically weak and only learn 2 moves and ultimately miss out on a lot of fun that they couldve had.

Same for f2p some people CHOOSE to limit themselves and complain about it. Their just like the people who lvl a Magikarp to 100, its quite the achievement but its really a waste of effort.

Moreover in rs, the people who are complaining that the f2p combat triangle is broken and f2p doesnt get any updates its your choice to deal with this. If you live in the United States or Canda or the UK they sell game cards in all those countries if your able to afford internet and a computer THERE IS NO EXCUSE that you cant afford members.

So you can complain all you want, it would be like begging for a magikarp to learn every move a Gyarados can.

Wow me_hate ;) I seldom agree with you, but you've used exactly the right words on this one! I am suprised to see this topic in General tough. There is already one in the discussion forum.

Anyway: In my view.. You complain about a lot, about a broken triangle. About little updates. You were told you'd get almost no updates at all in F2P when you started in F2P. They say F2P is a game in its own and it is. That it isn't the way YOU like it.. a whole different question. Ofcourse they won't perfect F2P, because they want you to become a member. Makes sense doesn't it? It isn't even perfected in P2P by the way, this combat triangle. Who says they should perfect F2P then?

Like many, I love to spend 5,- on a membership if this gives me the chance of expanding my game. I finished every quest (given nomad) just so I can enjoy the ENTIRE game in it's full glory and to see every area. I have yet to go GWD (only done aviansies and a single bandos trip) and I'm currently getting 77 mining just so I can use the living rock caves. (only done a living rock slayer task so far). You want more? There is a price ;) And not just the few euro's/dollars.. also time on questing, raising stats etc. You already gotten so much by dungeoneering now (broken after 90 but hey, A HUGE FRIGIN UPDATE!) Unlock this first (meaning all floors) and if you still hunger for more then.. that means you want membership!

but im not me_hate haha.

[/hide]

Its ya siggy.. :P my bad, edited the whole thing. But ye you said it well

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

And F2P is a demo btw. The only reason MMG says it isn't is so that RS can gain free publicity from the Guinness Book of World Records for "World's Most Popular Free Game/MMO." Jagex is a business, and businesses need to increase profits and cut spending. Free advertising would solve that problem pretty well, don't you think?

If f2p is a demo like you said..

the "Instant Demo" of runescape is actually a Super-demo?

pikatips001.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips002.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips003.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips004.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips005.png1,000 F2P Total Level Reached 10/8/10 !

[hide=Guides]Magic & Summoning Profit Spreadsheets! *UPDATES EVERY HOUR* (includes: High alch, Superheat, and Enchanting)

4 BETTER alternatives to flesh crawlers[/hide]

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂

I think Fletching should be F2P.

My reasons:

- It's considered an easy skill in P2P, so members wouldn't be getting disadvantaged here

- A lot of F2P skills are tied with other skills. E.g. mining with smithing, woodcutting with firemaking, fishing with cooking, so on and so forth. Why not Ranged/Woodcutting with Fletching?

If f2p is a demo like you said..

the "Instant Demo" of runescape is actually a Super-demo?

What's so difficult about reading the word "instant"? You're maybe the third person to say this?

Instead of the regular Demo (signing up and then playing), you can try an Instant version of said Demo (playing and then signing up).

REALLY not that complicated.....

I think Fletching should be F2P.

My reasons:

- It's considered an easy skill in P2P, so members wouldn't be getting disadvantaged here

- A lot of F2P skills are tied with other skills. E.g. mining with smithing, woodcutting with firemaking, fishing with cooking, so on and so forth. Why not Ranged/Woodcutting with Fletching?

Couldn't agree more.

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

You've used exactly the right words on this one! I am suprised to see this topic in General tough. There is already one in the discussion forum.

Like many, I love to spend 5,- on a membership if this gives me the chance of expanding my game. I finished every quest (given nomad) just so I can enjoy the ENTIRE game in it's full glory and to see every area. I have yet to go GWD (only done aviansies and a single bandos trip) and I'm currently getting 77 mining just so I can use the living rock caves. (only done a living rock slayer task so far). You want more? There is a price ;) And not just the few euro's/dollars.. also time on questing, raising stats etc. You already gotten so much by dungeoneering now (broken after 90 but hey, A HUGE FRIGIN UPDATE!) Unlock this first (meaning all floors) and if you still hunger for more then.. that means you want membership!

You know, everything that is F2P is also P2P. So, if there is something broken in the game (like the Great Orb Project), and I repeatedly petition them to fix it, what makes you think that if I paid them $5 a month that they'd be more keen to listen to me?

They won't... I've got a thread in the RSOF with more than 50 supporters asking to fix GOP, but I haven't got a response yet.

Also: Jagex says F2P is its own game - I say they should treat it as its own game. Fix the bugs, at the very least. If their position is "Join P2P so you'll get more content, and all the bugs in F2P will be mute because we'll have our own P2P ones", it kind of defeats the purpose of maintaining a F2P game. If Jagex really did not care about F2P, they wouldn't have released dungeoneering to it.

Whenever there is a thread saying - hey, how about you release (such and such) to f2p. It doesn't get any use in p2p, and it will benefit both F2Pers and P2Pers - and there is the response, "How about you just shut up and pay $5!", they really miss the point. I refuse to pay $5 a month to get content that I'll only ignore. I'll pay $5 a month for castle wars. I'll pay $5 a month for ancient magics. I'll pay $5 a month for GWD. I won't pay $5 a month for a dragon med helm.

When I started this thread (back in the debate forum, where it was moved), I really did not want to hear "pay 5 and shut up".

You'll also notice that there is another side - F2P doesn't deserve. How about you take up that position instead of the "shut up and pay" position? How about: F2P doesn't deserve Fist of Guthix, because they shouldn't get free mage training. F2P doesn't deserve dungeoneering, because it is too much content.

Don't give me this crap about how F2P deserves everything Jagex gives them, and no more.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Well, I've been thinking about this in the back of my head for a while (even though im p2p), but here are some of the things I see in p2p that should be available to f2p.

-Yew Bows, useless in p2p. Would balance out the level 40 cap of everything in f2p.

-Pure ess, would certainly make this resource a bit more abundant and at the same time lower cost of runes.

-Wave spells, seriously maxxing 16 with mage in f2p is pathetic

-Snare, bind does absolutely nothing

-Range and magic potions, you have str pots. Balance that triangle.

-KBD, the first boss ever to rs is now a laughing stock of boss monsters. Would give f2p a very good challenge however. Also actually give f2p lootshare an actual use.

-Allow f2p to rc chaos runes. Throw them a bone. All they're living off of is water runes atm.

120dgl.jpg

Well, I've been thinking about this in the back of my head for a while (even though im p2p), but here are some of the things I see in p2p that should be available to f2p.

-Yew Bows, useless in p2p. Would balance out the level 40 cap of everything in f2p. I guess so...

-Pure ess, would certainly make this resource a bit more abundant and at the same time lower cost of runes. Hmm perhaps, but isn't it used for ess bots?

-Wave spells, seriously maxxing 16 with mage in f2p is pathetic Maybe, along with those soul rune curses.

-Snare, bind does absolutely nothing Bind can be deadly in clans. Otherwise, right.

-Range and magic potions, you have str pots. Balance that triangle. Magic has wizard's mind bomb to increase damage. Ranged however can definitely use it.

-KBD, the first boss ever to rs is now a laughing stock of boss monsters. Would give f2p a very good challenge however. Also actually give f2p lootshare an actual use. Dungeoneering already has a lot of challenging monsters (Skeletal Horde, Bulwark Beast, Lexicus Runewright, Stomp). But outside of dungeoneering, I would say it isn't the best solution. I would want to see a cockroach queen boss in the Player Safety dungeon. It makes sense to me.

-Allow f2p to rc chaos runes. Throw them a bone. All they're living off of is water runes atm. Even if craftable with rune ess, water runes still yield a better profit. I would love to see this altar made available in GOP though, along with the law altar in P2P games. That way, it makes 50-50'ing much more difficult.

Just my thoughts on this.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

I in general do not agree with F2P getting anything more than what they have now, but I will agree that Capes of Accomplishment could be released in F2P. I mean, getting a 99 in a skill or doing all the quests is a good accomplishment, especially in F2P.

lovepanda86.png
lovepanda86.png
--8727th person to achieve 99 Fishing on 8/19/2008--
--6012th person to achieve 99 Thieving on 10/12/2008--

R.I.P. October 31, 2013

lovepanda.png

99 Fletching 7/16/2015

This is just another of those "should F2P" get... threads. Just post on another instead of recanting.

Except it isn't, did you even read the first post? This thread is to foster discussion on what they should, and shouldn't have gotten, and reasons why.

If you're not going to post in a constructive manner, I suggest you don't post.

I'm sure they did read the first post, as did I, but please don't tell us what we can and cannot say, this is after all, an opinion-based thread, correct? So here is mine. Free to play deserve whatever Jagex give them, because other than clicking on the ads (which I'm sure hardly anyone would want to) they contribute no money towards Jagex helping to improve Runescape. Never in a million years would I imagine F2P having access to anything with the word "dragon" in it and I consider them lucky to even have corrupted dragon items these days. Not to mention the Dungeoneering skill which should keep them busy for a few more years.

I believe members have a right to say what should be in Runescape, because they contribute to the game in terms of money, increased playing time and increased overall knowledge of the game. Even though I am a member now, this was my view right from day 1 when I was a noobie on tutorial island. I knew that if I wanted the perks, I had to get members, and members have more of a right to say what should be in Runescape.

That is my opinion and I am entitled to it, thank you very much :)

2vuhgcn.png

I'm sure they did read the first post, as did I, but please don't tell us what we can and cannot say, this is after all, an opinion-based thread, correct?

I'm pretty sure they didn't read it... but considering that post was made a year and a half ago, seems there is no sense arguing about it now?

Free to play deserve whatever Jagex give them, because other than clicking on the ads (which I'm sure hardly anyone would want to) they contribute no money towards Jagex helping to improve Runescape.

That is my opinion and I am entitled to it, thank you very much :)

The difference between your post and the other was the fact that you put a little bit more effort into it. Or at least it seems like it. It also seems like you've actually read through the entire thread, which is a bonus. Most people read half the OP, or form an opinion based on the title, and toss in their half-formed idea.

Thank you for going one step further than most people.

I think that if Jagex is going to develop content for F2P, it should be bug-free. If there are bugs in the free to play game, they should fix it - not because we give Jagex revenue, but because its supposed to be maintained. I had an assignment where I was working on throw-away code for a demo. There was a glitch in the code that would happen every 400 years on a non leap-year. Would I ever survive to see the glitch happen? No. Would my code ever survive for 400 years? I doubt it. My boss had me fix it though, because my code represented the company, and they didn't want to distribute or archive buggy code.

I believe everyone should hold themselves to that standard, at the very least.

Members doors in F2P dungeoneering directly contradict positions previously established by MMG and Andrew. Its the reason they removed Gnomecopters. I personally didn't have a problem with Gnomecopters - they sold a product, it was shameless advertising, but by all means Jagex, go for it. The message "You need to be logged in to a members server to access this" is a slap in the face. The experience nerf to high level F2Pers is a slap in the face.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

F2P should get lower levelled potions, basic fletching and wave spells.

I was f2p for many years. I had the money to buy members, but not the means until i turned 18. It's not always about not being able to afford it. The reality is that many f2pers are able to pay for membership, but there is no means to turn the money into member credit. And don't even suggest mailing them cash, that is a terrible idea.

Training runecrafting and prayer in f2p is brutal. i had 50+ of all f2p stats before i turned to members, and i'm glad i bought the little prayer that i did when it was cheap. Runecrafting is slower than molasses.

The only ideas that most members can get behind when speaking in terms of making things f2p are things that will make them money in game. Low level potions will make herblore cheaper, and possibly even giving them chaos druids or something that can drop grimy herbs. Make grimy herbs f2p so the price of herblore goes down? Give use to the potions that are now being made with the cheaper herbs? Sounds like something we can all get behind. Too many of us are thinking one-dimensionally. Using the concept of comparative advantage, we can see that leaving the tedious, menial, but somewhat profitable (for f2p at least) will make both parties happy. F2P get a new skill (to them) and better money-making techniques that aren't even close to members techniques, but better than current methods, and members enjoy the luxury of lowering the price of one of the most expensive skills and making more activities profitable in general.

Seems win-win to me.

Shivan.png

It's called the "Grand Exchange," and not the "Grand Alwaysatyourservicetodoyourbidding,regardlessoftheneedsofothers," for a reason.

107,992 to 99 cooking

96,545 to 99 fletching

24,699 to 99 smithing

I would indeed be happy if someone stopped spreading cancer all over this place. Even though it tends to be funny to read, but not as much when someone who demands people to make way for him comes along and decides to call others arrogant.

Actually, consider the number of spams in this topic, its actually not that much compare to similar thread in the past.

I have been a F2P for a long time, and I was fine when I started, even now I am still satisfied with what Jagex gave to F2P (in fact, the game is easier now, I used to estimate I need to waste 36mil gp to make craft 99, now I can actually have profits when I hit lvl 99 crafting). I simply adapt to whatever changes in the game to achieve my goals.

Tbh, I do hope that Jagex make some balancing work in various aspect of the game such as combat triangle (since I don't Pk, so I just mirror what others said). Many skills suppose to be hard to train, my own estimation of RC will take 2 years to train if you train for 4 hours per day making airs without any kind of assist.

I am neutral with skill cape since they could simply look at the highscore to figure out which skill is 99, some method I was able to ID ex member and F2P high lvls are to see if they have skill cape or not. For the most part, if you are combat lvl 124, I am sure there are some lvl 99s in there, at least 3 or 4....

In the past, I would always have a response of don't start things like this or we may get flamed from other P2pers, but at least something like this could be picked up (hopefully) by Jagex, so they can balance certain flaws in the F2P.

For the ads in, some are actually very interesting (when you get older, you will be interested in stuff like mortgages, cars, and other life necessities). I do click on some of them, but again, I don't think that's how Jagex would support themselves as a company. It's at least enough to keep F2p servers running, but a very gray area to give us more updates.

They can, and if they want to, make some old P2p content or armors into F2P world, but only obtainable in member world, so at least member can get it and sell it on GE, and make some cash on it for F2p (how they used to do that for shade robes and all other rune trim armors)

In the end, I will just follow what Jagex decide to give to us, there are lots of balancing work required. When you release something into the World, you want to make sure every aspect of the game is on equilibrium and not causing severe tilt on one side of the scale.

a happy Runescaper

Hmm what do f2pers need?

A yearly, decent quest? Is that much to ask for? I'm not asking for constant quests, but once in a while, a new quest would be nice. And not just any quest, a higher level quest. All the quests now can be completed with low stats and 30cb...So is some sort of fairly-high level quest once a year too bad?

Definitely better cb triangle...mainly mage...I mean...-looks down at stats-...I have 99 mage...but if I split myself into a mage and a melee fighter...My melee self would own my mage self...Several melee levels ago, my mage self would still be losing for sure...and that's just not right...So can we fix the whole 70meleestats>99mage issue?

Hm...skill wise, I'm mostly all set...I wouldn't mind something skill-capeyish...It's not why I train, but I'd sure like something to show off ;)....If p2pers can show off their 2week long profit cooking cape, why can't I show off something that I worked harder for? I know they won't want to make (and aren't) skill capes f2p since so many people like them...but can't we get something else? MMG said they had something in mind, but I don't see it anywhere in the near future...

Hm...anything else...? Hm...perhaps something to make prayer a LITTLE easier? It can still cost hundreds of mills, be a lot of clicks and be slow...but...Can't it be just slightly less torture? If not, w/e, they're already making the game way easier than it should be but...prayer is a different story :s

Cpchris.png

Cpchris.png

Cpchris.png

Oh, and as a side note...

F2P isn't just a demo...It wasn't the intention...Sure, they want members and money, but F2P is still a game itself, with members being a sort of expansion. Just because you pay for extra doesn't mean the other side of the game doesn't exist or that it isn't the game in it's more original and basic form...

And yes, the obnoxious ads do give Jagex some extra revenue...But that's not all...

What do you think there's more of? F2P or P2P? I would guess f2p...

And I would say that there are more snot nosed f2p brats spazzin to their friends about this cool new game they found...I'm sure a decent amount of f2pers and up getting OTHERS to pay a membership just by referring them to the game...So consider that as well.

Cpchris.png

Cpchris.png

Cpchris.png

Another thing...

I kind of hope Jagex just leaves f2p alone ;)

Part of the reason I like being pure f2p is the extra challenge...Getting achievements in f2p seems so much more gratifying than getting them in p2p for that reason...

But since I started playing, the game has certainly gotten a lot easier...(and that's just from when I started...)...I don't want it getting any easier...and usually, the only way to keep adding on to a game and keeping people interested in skills is by making it easier...

Before GOP, I didn't think I would ever get a 99...Now I have 3, and it pains me to say that I got most of the money for those 99s from GOP...It's one of the best f2p money makers and certainly made the f2p game easier...Now, I like GOP, but a part of me hates that it made the game much easier for me...

One of the reasons I want to get 99 mining is because nothing has really changed about it since I started...You can't buy it, so even though making money has gotten (astoundingly) easier for me, it still has more challenge to it...

Of course, in some indirect ways it's gotten easier...Like more worlds that are less occupied (ex. Different Worlds for Different Nationalities on the home page)...But it does come with the cost of waiting longer for ores to appear, so at least that's got some balance to it...

Now of all this, this game has also gotten easier since I actually know how to train better and more efficiently, rather than like a noob...So perhaps, some of the ease that has come hasn't just been from Jagex...

Cpchris.png

Cpchris.png

Cpchris.png

Another thing...

Now of all this, this game has also gotten easier since I actually know how to train better and more efficiently, rather than like a noob...So perhaps, some of the ease that has come hasn't just been from Jagex...

It's funny how you mentioned that in the post before that Prayer should get a little bit easier and on your 2nd post you wish Jagex could leave it alone so its would stay challenging, kind of contradicting a bit. If we travel back to 4 years ago when there is no GE, and everyone has to shout to buy items, it will be even harder than now.

On another note, the game does get easier, even for F2P, if we want anything that get even easier, it really wouldn't be F2P anymore. Its pretty much what you mentioned, out of all the skill the one that's actually remain hard is mining.

If you want to see a better or a true F2P example, look at Mendark 9's stat, he got all of that before any of those major updates started. If he can get all that without the benefits of recent updates, I am sure most of us can get there too. "F2P style"

a happy Runescaper

I'm pretty sure the reason there isn't many high leveled quests is due to the fact that Jagex is assuming that most high leveled players tend to switch to P2P. In a more related note I feel that F2p should at least have a sampling of a minigames such as Stealing Creations or Castle wars. The teaser would probably convince alot of F2per's to switch to members creating more revenue for Jagex

Fabled_Foe.png

26M Crafting XP

Hm.

To the most recent post: giving F2P a "taste" would get split reactions. Dungeoneering is pretty much this. At the deeper levels you see more and more member skill puzzles. And then there was the exp shift. To limit players of identical abilities in identical situations based on if they pay or not is pretty much the direct opposite of what they said they were doing.

This is the part where I rattle off my obligatory rant towards the general RS community being luddites. Feel free to skip to the next section if you have heard it and are bored to death by it.

It seems like natural selection has weeded out everybody who had the sense to move on to other things when they found that RS was not the game that it advertises itself to be, leaving behind those who can't come to terms with the new ways. The gaming world is constantly changing, and the Jagex way is outdated and continues to be outdated despite trying to remake its image. But don't think that this is all, or even mostly their fault. The RS community itself opted to stay behind. People often tout the old days as being the most fun, and even with the current philosophy of clutching onto the same basic system for about a decade, many complain that they haven't done enough to preserve the heyday of RS and go back to when everybody was cool.

This is the worst idea ever. What are you all smoking? Going back would be like saying Tetris is better than, say, the Halo series, and that we should go back to controllers having only a joystick and no buttons at all because "buttons make everything too easy!" Going back would mean having the old system with the nonexistent combat triangle, waiting a minute between casting any magic and failing almost all the time, ugly graphics (DON'T GIVE ME THAT TRIPE ABOUT OLD GRAPHICS BEING BETTER), so much clicking that you probably wouldn't be able to breathe without clicking, and everybody trying to rip you off with every transaction. If you want proof, just look at how little people bothered to go back to RS Classic. (Technically since members are more deserving of everything, they would be the "true players" of the game, so apparently, their opinions are worth more, and are more accurate despite not having played the f2p game for years, and are able to recall things exactly as the way they are now with their magical member's psychic powers.) Also, the old days are the main reason why the community still contains so many of the people we constantly complain are ruining the game. Why should they go away when RS was where they learned how to scam, cheat, lie, steal, troll, and run black markets and continue to do so today when the system remains essentially the same?

In this environment where any change is considered to be a bad thing, there is no option aside from staying the same - forever. Folks don't want the current set up to be altered. They feel threatened by anything that would theoretically lessen the value of their experience or "make things easier". And they continue to do things the same way, the hard way.....the stupid way. "More effort good! Less pain bad!"

But most of these changes wouldn't alter their past experience whatsoever!

Nobody can go back into the past and make your memories different. So what if you worked hard on something and now it's easier? The achievement is only worth as much as you consider it to be! It's the same thing as buying and selling any particular item. You think something costs too much? You don't buy it! You consider the price to be fair? Then get it and be happy with your trade. Feel free to lord your superiority over everybody else about how much you worked on something. Call everybody else cheaters for doing it easy. Do whatever you want with your life.

BUT DON'T ASK ME TO PLAY THE SAME WAY AS YOU DO FOR YOUR SAKE.

If you want to do everything the hard way like it used to be, then GO DO THINGS THE OLD WAY LIKE IT USED TO BE. Trade objects directly without use of notes. Stop using the GE. Bury all of your bones manually, and only use big bones, or normal bones. Heck, don't use prayer at all. Don't do any of the RS2 quests. (Some people are very good at doing this.) Go back to dragon or rune weapons. Take long pauses between each action to simulate lag and right click every single time. Don't run. Stop using every item that has been released since whatever cutoff date you use to distinguish between when this game was good and when everybody else wrecked it for you.

Simple, right? After all, this is what you want everybody else to do.

No?

Nobody forced you to change. So why should everybody else be forced to stop changing?

Okay, assuming you read or paid attention to any of that, here's my point. Why would fixing the f2p game or giving them minor content that goes unnoticed by a majority of members be so bad for you, the member who doesn't give a rip about ANY of this content that you have access to but don't use at all?

I mean seriously who the heck uses fletching for anything meaningful outside of Stealing Creation or Dungeoneering?

I want to hear you honestly say "Fletching is the best skill ever! I use it every day, it's a good, constant direct source of money for me, and the market isn't totally flooded with bows that nobody will ever use!"

Go on.

SAY IT.

I'M WAITING.

Every second you don't say anything, Jagex continues to make updates that you hate!

8f14270694.jpg