What do F2Pers actually deserve?

sees_all1

It's funny how you mentioned that in the post before that Prayer should get a little bit easier and on your 2nd post you wish Jagex could leave it alone so its would stay challenging, kind of contradicting a bit. If we travel back to 4 years ago when there is no GE, and everyone has to shout to buy items, it will be even harder than now.

Actually, Pre-GE, prayer didn't cost 550m to train. And I'm not talking about inflation, or rising bone prices. I'm talking about the bone yard in the wilderness. ~50 bone spawns, 6 big bone spawns, and a sampling of skeletons to keep pure prayers out. It took a little more clicking, and may have been a little slower, but it was an option.

F2P deserves the bonecrusher. F2P prayer is comparable to runecrafting in terms of difficulty: 550 million to buy the 800-900k big bones for the 1 million clicks it requires. I'm wondering how many members will use the bone crusher, considering they have ecto and guilded altars, along with bones that give tremendous amonunts of experience (dragon bones, anyone?)

If they made the bonecrusher F2P, at least we could semi-afk at zombies instead of flesh crawlers, and get a small amount of experience that way, instead of having to buy or pick up every single 4.5 experience on our way to 99.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What they pay for.

Ya know, I agree with this in general. And I've said many times that F2Pers have the right to *ask* for whatever they want, but *demand* nothing. They are getting something pretty darned good for free.

However...

They have a good point about the way Dungeoneering is implemented. I tried it once and it was very... unpleasant.

If Jagex wanted to make this an F2P skill, then they should have done so PROPERLY. They knew this wasn't like a real skill where you have specific things you can do to train, and then Jagex could make some of those things members' only. The entire skill is highly integrated, and Jagex should have taken appropriate steps so that training it in F2P was fun.

There's also the matter of consistency. I personally have always thought of F2P as being a demo of the real game, but if they are going to claim that it isn't, then they shouldn't make updates that feel like they are just demos. There is no reason, for example, for F2P dungeons to have challenges and doors that are literally impossible for F2Pers to do. There's no rhyme or reason to it.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

@ Sees: Yeah, I don't get why the Bonecrusher is made P2P-only when they already have ecto/glided. This doesn't make Prayer any easier either. It gives you like what, 5k prayer exp per hour at max?

@ Qeltar: Having member door/puzzle/requirements on F2P is ridiculous, I agree. But the excuse Jagex made was "it was there by design so F2P would see more to explore". I mean, what in the world? Why don't they give back the gnomecopters then?

I also seriously disagree with the 90+ combat nerf. If Jagex is going to nerf F2P, do it on all players, not 90+. That, or raise the monster cap on F2P. They are already hard enough on a duo though (105 guard dog lolololol), so it's not a major issue there.

And it just seems unfair for Fletching to be excluded in F2P in the first place. Thanks to that, we can't make bows/arrows/staffs in Dung, and another puzzle is unable to be completed.

Overall, though, I agree, we get what we pay for. F2P already has a pretty good amount of stuff in it, enough to keep me playing that is.

(I just hate it when members use this statement in a flaming/degratory manner though... "pay ur $5", "no pay no say", "nonmems suck" etc. :rolleyes: )

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

@ Qeltar: Having member door/puzzle/requirements on F2P is ridiculous, I agree. But the excuse Jagex made was "it was there by design so F2P would see more to explore". I mean, what in the world? Why don't they give back the gnomecopters then?

If they really said that (reference?) then it's laughably transparent bullcrap. The only reasons to have done that are either technical limitations (inability to exclude the doors because of how the engine works) or marketing reasons (getting F2Pers to upgrade).

Either way, some honesty would be a refreshing change.

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

If they really said that (reference?) then it's laughably transparent bullcrap. The only reasons to have done that are either technical limitations (inability to exclude the doors because of how the engine works) or marketing reasons (getting F2Pers to upgrade).

Either way, some honesty would be a refreshing change.

Live Dungeoneering Q&A (Page 4)

Lady Lione

Q1: Will you remove the member's only door from free to play dungeoneering?

Q2: What are those 100+ skill level doors all about?

Q3: What is the use of drops of bosses if you can't take them on to the next level if you play continously?

Q4: Will the armour used inside of Deamonheim see daylight in the runescape overworld?

-------

Hey there,

1: Nope, they are there by design so F2P people can see there would be more to explore.

2: 100+ skill doors tell you they are optional bonus rooms. You need to make a Herblore potion to boost someone to that level to get through it and snag that maximum exploration!

3: Bosses are the only thing that can drop Tier 11 items. If you receive something epic from a boss, you'd bind it over something else and take it with you!

4: We'll see

Very nice thinking of Jagex, eh. :rolleyes:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Thanks. So, just standard Jagex doubletalk; we all know what "see there would be more to explore" really means.

Apparently just saying "They are there to entice players to get more out of the game by subscribing" is just too honest for them to handle.

signew2.png

F2P players deserve whatever Jagex gives them (and yes, I'm currently F2P).

Free game = producer had no responsibility to fans.

However, Jagex is a pretty nice bunch of dudes, so F2P is still fun.

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

Support transparency... and by extension, freedom and democracy.

Aw. I guess nobody read my other post.

Anyway adding two things:

Bonecrusher for f2p yes. I was just thinking about it in fact. Why make something that f2p would want very much, but then hand it over to a member who doesn't give a rip about it when they can use their already superior methods of prayer training already? This applies to many things in general. Just backwards logic everywhere. What a mess.

Jagex doesn't seem to have a good enough handle on their individual employees to the point where they start contradicting each other within the same Q&A! Either they need to get their facts straight, or they're still doing things the same way and haven't changed their actual company policy at all.

8f14270694.jpg

Aw. I guess nobody read my other post.

Anyway adding two things:

Bonecrusher for f2p yes. I was just thinking about it in fact. Why make something that f2p would want very much, but then hand it over to a member who doesn't give a rip about it when they can use their already superior methods of prayer training already? This applies to many things in general. Just backwards logic everywhere. What a mess.

Jagex doesn't seem to have a good enough handle on their individual employees to the point where they start contradicting each other within the same Q&A! Either they need to get their facts straight, or they're still doing things the same way and haven't changed their actual company policy at all.

I would actually say a good majority of members would find the bone crusher useful. On slayer tasks its rare to pick up bones and although the amount of xp you would get per task would be small in the long term it has its advantages. Thats not to say it shouldn't be F2p, but as it is an item that is wanted by a majority of players its an added reason to get members. The more advantages that members have the more it entices F2p players to get members. Jagex will never say it but it is all about the money.

Fabled_Foe.png

26M Crafting XP

I would actually say a good majority of members would find the bone crusher useful. On slayer tasks its rare to pick up bones and although the amount of xp you would get per task would be small in the long term it has its advantages. Thats not to say it shouldn't be F2p, but as it is an item that is wanted by a majority of players its an added reason to get members. The more advantages that members have the more it entices F2p players to get members. Jagex will never say it but it is all about the money.

A member will weigh the possible ~400 xp gained in prayer for a trip versus another spot for a drop, or another item like a potion or shark, that would allow them to stay 2-3 minutes longer.

I'm guessing they'll chose that over the bone crusher. Let me know if a guide comes up that recommends the bonecrusher over a shark.

♪♪ And I'm not done

A member will weigh the possible ~400 xp gained in prayer for a trip versus another spot for a drop, or another item like a potion or shark, that would allow them to stay 2-3 minutes longer.

I'm guessing they'll chose that over the bone crusher. Let me know if a guide comes up that recommends the bonecrusher over a shark.

And members have bones to peaches.

priest_wiz.png

Considering the current price of prayer that 400xp would cost roughly 10k. On tasks where the bone drop is big bones you could gain as much as 1500 xp which would save you even more money. In the long term the bone crusher can be extremely useful.

Fabled_Foe.png

26M Crafting XP

The current RuneScape is too much based on letting F2P gather resources for P2P and let P2P dump their trash products in ge to be bought by F2Pers in my opinion, I don't care if you disagree ;) Personally I would like to see a part of Fletching to be released for F2Pers. I think F2P deserves to make bows up to Maple and arrows up to adamantite, so they can make them for themselves. I also think F2P should have Maple trees, they are sort of missing when training Woodcutting in the early days. For Crafting it would be nice if F2P could make Green D'hide armour, we can wear it so we should be able to make it. I also would like F2P to be able to have 200 friends, why is this still a members feature? We're friendly people too with lots of friends :P Other than that I don't see much stuff F2P would need atm.

They should have been given enough to keep them satisfied for a while. But I guess if you give the beggars a taste of high society they will only want more!

They should have been given enough to keep them satisfied for a while. But I guess if you give the beggars a taste of high society they will only want more!

How are they beggars? F2P Really doesn't ask for a lot, at all. If anything, Members are the ones that keep wanting more, half of us are never satisfied, while F2P remains quiet, happy with what they have for the most part.

Goal: 99 99rangeu.png & 99magic.png Through 99slayer.png

ardvarksoup2.png

Credits to Zokot for the sig.

How are they beggars? F2P Really doesn't ask for a lot, at all. If anything, Members are the ones that keep wanting more, half of us are never satisfied, while F2P remains quiet, happy with what they have for the most part.

We want fletching better magic blahblahblah.

We pay we say!

Oh you are so full of [cabbage] it's not funny. Every f2per I know (and probably every one I don't) is always complaining or askin' for MOAR MOAR MOAR like spoiled little children. Of course, this is the case with all of RuneScape, but saying that F2Pers "remain quiet, happy with what they have for the most part" is completely erroneous.

287b5w.jpg

Oh you are so full of [cabbage] it's not funny. Every f2per I know (and probably every one I don't) is always complaining or askin' for MOAR MOAR MOAR like spoiled little children. Of course, this is the case with all of RuneScape, but saying that F2Pers "remain quiet, happy with what they have for the most part" is completely erroneous.

this is the truth. Honestly, I don't blame JaGex for giving f2p a small taste and incentive to get members - a company has every right to advertise its products. The 'keeping f2p as a full part of the game, not a trial' is [cabbage], but that's okay. Also, while I'm on the point, I think that's the entire point of keeping skill capes p2p-only - it's a hugely enticing draw for a f2p to pay for at least a month to get the cape. Wouldn't you pay $6 for a friggin skill cape??

-Kaosmerchant

sig1.gif

Send me a PM if you'd like any style of sig done - I'd be glad to help you out.

Wouldn't you pay $6 for a friggin skill cape??

Uh, no. No I wouldn't. I don't need a skill cape because I have quick chat.

Every f2per I know (and probably every one I don't) is always complaining or askin' for MOAR MOAR MOAR like spoiled little children.

Is it too much to ask for them to fix their own damn game?

♪♪ And I'm not done

Sorry, but they aren't spoiled. And for the record, there was NO need for you to jump down my throat like I accused you of stealing money from a church. This is a discussion, everyone is entitled to their opinion, or so I thought. But please, elaborate on how they are "spoiled little children" if they hardly ever get anything they ask for?

ardvarksoup2.png

Sorry, but they aren't spoiled. And for the record, there was NO need for you to jump down my throat like I accused you of stealing money from a church. This is a discussion, everyone is entitled to their opinion, or so I thought. But please, elaborate on how they are "spoiled little children" if they hardly ever get anything they ask for?

They already get too much.

287b5w.jpg

They already get too much.

When you were F2P did you think you got too much?

ardvarksoup2.png

Two words: nothing more. I don't feel F2P should be given anything else what it doesn't already have. Ofcourse tweaks and additions to current content are always welcome but like making members skills into f2p skills is not necessary in my opinnion.

Sephy.png