Mrs Slayer - Cannon Happy ! Join in Happy Cannoning!

ju1es

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed a funny little thing here... Maybe this is off topic, and I'm not trying to void any of the previous posters' opinions at all, but I just found it a little amusing.

You often hear about the "rude high levels" who take your spots and act like they own the place, but so far in this topic it seems that the higher the combat level, the more likely they'd be polite and hop or at least ask you nicely. :-w

You're accusing me of bigotry, how ironic. It's a nice attempt at argument, but your responses are facile and asinine, if not diatribe. Who's arrogant now?

If people are in my spot I planned to Cannon at, too bad for them! I'm a rebel! :twisted: However, if too many are like like at Dags and no one hops, I am forced to. :cry:

I hate cannons cause I hate the IDEA of cannons and the cocky bastards who think they're better than you cause they have one.

But if the OP is insisting cannoners be nicer and more fair, yay.

I noticed a funny little thing here... Maybe this is off topic, and I'm not trying to void any of the previous posters' opinions at all, but I just found it a little amusing.

You often hear about the "rude high levels" who take your spots and act like they own the place, but so far in this topic it seems that the higher the combat level, the more likely they'd be polite and hop or at least ask you nicely. :-w

No, I think the OP is saying that the higher levels (since majority of 'hardcore' slayers are "high" levels) should be more fair.

Plus, if you didnt know, theres soo many high levels who have their public chat OFF, ALOT.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

That's only in f2p and with rude people. :twisted: :pray: =D> :lol: :-#

I has herd, that lesser demons, MAY or may not, drop tormented demons. \:D/ :roll: :x :D :o :shock: :? 8-) :lol:

Due to a typo, I am now stuck with 1k dragon darts and no buyer. Can I has bail out from tip.it plox?

People using a cannon in a slaying area isn't out of disrespect, its out of simply wanting to train. as much as i hate it when a person comes in and cannon's my slayer monsters... boo hoo. i could ask him to leave and he may not so I will hop worlds.

This 'arguement' your placing about fair cannoning is still biased against cannoners and their 'right to slay :lol:

If you have a problem with something, where you are training. you hop the world, dont try to send this semi-angry propoganda

::' im sorry if that sounded angry to you... it truely wasnt :D

tyluke.png

Tyluke.png

only 2 skills below level 50 :)

If a meleer trains on a 1000- world, he gets exactly the same XP as he would on a 2000 world. As a cannoner, I can get double the XP at a full instead of empty world. Now, would I be nice, waste 30 seconds, and hop to an empty world to get half the XP for the next few hours, or be 'mean' and make the meleer waste 30 seconds hopping to the 100- world, where he and I both get max XP? I'm going to make the meleer hop. Runescape is just a big competition anyway. The meleer can easily be polite and spend 30 seconds hopping rather then make me spend hours getting half the XP I would otherwise.

i am talking about when cannoners just go right into spots where meleers are ALLREADY training and try and take over and push them out, its just not fair!

TSG's clanchat

[Tsg]Randompersonwho'susernameIcan'tremember: should I cannon this bloodveld task?

[Tsg]Goldblade29: Of course, if you don't mind wasting 100k

[Tsg]Mythiquedame: Eww cannons

Lolwut

I hate cannons cause I hate the IDEA of cannons and the cocky bastards who think they're better than you cause they have one.

They are better than you, as it pisses you off and makes you create threads like this.

Nice fail grammar nazi.

I didnt make this thread.

And because they have to use a cannon to finish a task, it makes them weak like the German defences of Grammar and Co.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

Cannon'ers used to tick me off, that's until I realized they actually help you get slayer xp faster. Just finish off the monsters the cannon already got to low hp. I only do this when a cannon'er tries to bully me out of a spot I was at first..

What you might fail to notice is that it helps the slayer complete his task faster too. He might get less xp, but he'll get faster loot while you'll get none. I love it when I set up my cannon and someone "tries to get in my way" ... it's just faster for me.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

Cannon'ers used to tick me off, that's until I realized they actually help you get slayer xp faster. Just finish off the monsters the cannon already got to low hp. I only do this when a cannon'er tries to bully me out of a spot I was at first..

What you might fail to notice is that it helps the slayer complete his task faster too. He might get less xp, but he'll get faster loot while you'll get none. I love it when I set up my cannon and someone "tries to get in my way" ... it's just faster for me.

Doesn't bother me too much if I fail to get loot if I can get 20 kills in like 2-3 mins. :P Besides the above experience was at dagganoths, loot I don't mind missing most of the time. And I'm talking about slayer tasks, so last hit = slayer kill to me.

Steven_Gerrard_sig_by_Gerrardinho.png

Doesn't bother me too much if I fail to get loot if I can get 20 kills in like 2-3 mins. :P Besides the above experience was at dagganoths, loot I don't mind missing most of the time. And I'm talking about slayer tasks, so last hit = slayer kill to me.

You also get severely reduced experience. Enjoy your 5k Slayer exp per hour.

I agree with Compfreak. I'm not going to waste my time hopping worlds when I can easily take one from someone who is not using the populated world to his/her advantage. Most Slayer monsters have enough spawns to satisfy a melee'r on a 1,000-1,500 person world. This is not true for Slayers who use cannons.

If you want to talk about respect, we can point out that a single melee'r using a full world is being disrespectful and inconsiderate of his/her fellow Slayers, who could use those resources to greater advantage.

Frankly, it's selfish to hog a full world when you're not even using it.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

I was talking about a single incident. -.- I was just frustrated at that point and was trying to finish off the few kills I had left. Why should I hop worlds for some inconsiderate jerk that thinks he has the right to take over a spot 4-5 other players were sharing with no problems. He could have at least hopped to a less crowded spot, no?

I was talking about a single incident. -.- I was just frustrated at that point and was trying to finish off the few kills I had left. Why should I hop worlds for some inconsiderate jerk that thinks he has the right to take over a spot 4-5 other players were sharing with no problems. He could have at least hopped to a less crowded spot, no?

And got half the XP on a less populated world? No thanks, if your going to hog a full world he has every reason to make you hop.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

And got half the XP on a less populated world? No thanks, if your going to hog a full world he has every reason to make you hop.

I didn't say it was a crowded world, It was a crowded spot. How am I hogging it anyway if I'm sharing it with 4 other people?

If it was a crowded spot, I'm assuming it was one of the 1900+ worlds where a cannoner has to be; meleers can split up the empty worlds with no XP loss, but a cannoner will get far less XP there.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

It just happened to be a crowded spot on a relatively low populated world. I wouldn't get in a cannoner's spot just to be a pest. As you said I'd more likely just move over to a corner or something. I'm talking about those few people that think people should just move over for them no matter what the situation. But to be fair, I've seen melleers doing it just as much, they're just less successful at it.

It just happened to be a crowded spot on a relatively low populated world. I wouldn't get in a cannoner's spot just to be a pest. As you said I'd more likely just move over to a corner or something. I'm talking about those few people that think people should just move over for them no matter what the situation. But to be fair, I've seen melleers doing it just as much, they're just less successful at it.

Then you met one of those cannoners with double digit IQs trying to cannon in an empty world :-#

Can't really say much for them besides saying that cannoners have the same percentage of them as every other type of RS player..

DeviledEgg24.png

• 7 months later...

love the epic grave dig :thumbdown:

99-7.gif

Most Difficult Quiz

Rare drops; tzhaar-ket-om: 6 tzhaar-xil-ak: 4 tzhaar-xil-ek: 4 tzhaar-mej-tal: 1 Obsidian cape: 18 Dragon Plateskirt: 4 Dragon Platelegs: 7 Sq Shield left half: 1 Dragon Boots: 1 Dragon Medium Helmet: 11 Draconic Visage: 1 Zamorak Spear: 3 Steam Battlestaff: 1 Godsword Shards: 3 Bandos Chestplate: 1 Bandos Tassets: 1 Abyssal Whip: 1

No thanks, I'm not going to care about random people I don't know who melee their slayer tasks on a full world. I'm going to maximize my own experience, as I play for my own enjoyment, not theirs. It does give a bit of satisfaction too when people get really mad at you but they can't do anything about it :P

2dvjurb.png

I'm going to start cannoning today, and hell, it sure doesn't sound that good :lol: . Just kidding. In my life, no matter what I'm doing, be it range, melee, or magic, or even resource gathering, I get kicked out. Whether it be by a cannoner or someone with better equipment than me. And I'm always first to the spot, as when I'm not, I just hop. So I'm not going to show any pity to jerks who come after me and yell at me to hop. If they ask politely, I'll consider it. If they're before me, I'll hop if they're polite.

whatcolor_isblue.jpg

Follower of Guthix

The quill is a miracle, for it drinks darkness and sheds light.

Oh right, by the way, I'm a girl. No more calling me a guy you lot~