Need New Quest For F2P

bomberfc

F2P is getting boring,i mean sure runescape are putting new updates in every couple of months but if your say a level 70 with most stats over 50 you can easily do the F2P achievement diary in a few days.Seem most level 70's probably would have done all the F2P quest theres only one thing to do train skills or get money. So i ask do you think runescape will make a quest better then dragon slayer that uses every skill for F2P or make a whole new skill for F2P?Please dont say i need to pay for membership i realise it would enhance my enjoyment a lot im just suggesting F2P need a new skill.

THANKS FOR YOUR TIME

I Am......200px-White_shark.jpgThe Shark

Well, F2P is pretty much a demo of Runescape, they're tying to get you to get membership since you get bored of F2P.

See what they did there?

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

With EVERYTHING that F2P got over the year of 2008, you STILL want more? (I'm F2P BTW. :thumbsup: )

You should just get Members if you're still bored with F2P after all of the wonderful updates that JaGeX gives us. If you want more frequent updates, P2P is the place to be. Just like Wongtong stated, F2P is but a demo of RuneScape, and the whole point is to get you to Members so JaGeX makes money off of your subscription. You pay for better things that don't bore you as much.

Corruption Council -

http://corruption-clan.com/forum

Team TKO Blitz Leader - http://tko.rs-clans.com

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about Corruption or TKO Blitz.

it took u a cpuple days for diray that noobish :lol: lol i di it in under 30 mins umm yeah new quests greatly apprieciated its up there with a f2p spell book and booss

34sny53.png

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Look christmas,thanksgiving,halloween and easter are easy you can do them in like an hour,you get over fog quickly and any high level will get pretty bored quickly so if they made a good quest that takes ages for f2p then they would get more players that dont want to pay for membership. Because even if they arent paying jagex still get more money from advertising companies who want to advertise based on the amount of runescape players which most of these are f2p. O:) O:)

I Am......200px-White_shark.jpgThe Shark

It costs money to update the server.

Ex:1 Server not updated 12 f2p'ers quit

In that time when 12 quit some number (more than 12) will join.

And this could make 6-7 f2p'ers become member making JaGex more money in the long run.

Ex:2 JaGex spends money on f2p servers.

The 12 don't quit and some more join.

No f2p'ers become a member making JaGex less money in the long run.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Pureprayer, you're awesome.

F2P is getting boring

Sorry, didn't look past this statement. Go buy Members, you'll be less bored.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

OF COURSE NOT !!

Jagex released two temporary quests for f2p, and added events and items which give a better "taste" of members. Why ask for more? :roll:

aporia.png

95/99 Summoning

95/99 Slayer

[hide=This is what you look like when you play RS too long]2vvq0z4.jpg[/hide]

Ex:2 JaGex spends money on f2p servers.

The 12 don't quit and some more join.

No f2p'ers become a member making JaGex less money in the long run.

Do you have proof?

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

JagexFinancialOverview.gif

Various financial indicators.

JagexPrimaryIncome.jpg

While advertising and subscription revenue are both shown to be going up, the data indicates that there is a trend towards subscriptions becoming a larger proportion of their primary revenue.

Taken from another thread titled 'Jagex's finances, ownership, operation and trends' written by 'me'<---that's his/her user-name alright :lol: : viewtopic.php?f=30&t=776192

Well, perhaps a really hard quest for f2p is alright I guess (not those holiday-events-[bleep]-quest type of quests); I am not against it or anything to be honest.

Taken from another thread titled 'Jagex's finances, ownership, operation and trends' written by 'me'<---that's his/her user-name alright :lol: : viewtopic.php?f=30&t=776192

I made a graph too. It literally took me 10 mins fudging around in excel.

graph.jpg

Their data doesn't seem to be legit.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

I made a graph too. It literally took me 10 mins fudging around in excel.

graph.jpg

Their data doesn't seem to be legit.

Every post of your I see is you talking about F2P, bashing members for talking about non-members or being proud of being F2P...

Who the hell would take the time to make a fake chart like that?

7% Advertisement, + Don't forget the main page which members have to visit as well - meaning that F2P'ers make around 5% of Jagex's money. That's probably enough for servers + customer support + new content for them.

Also Non- Members have gotten like 10 updates in the last year or so. Be gratefully for what you get. It's 5 damn bucks after all.

ok im alwys very vocal in :F2p desreves this and even most of the time P2p desreves this

but seriously

-FOg

-Lumbridge ring (the single most useful item in f2p)

-temporary quests

-HD with fit to screen option

-duel arena (even though its useless)

-clan wars

-pvp worlds

-corrupt dragon (sucks but makes some nice money once u get it as drop =D> )

it has been the best year for f2p ever since 2000 (when i started playing)

So STOP YOUR PHAILCAKE WHINING AND BE GLAD!

34sny53.png

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

You don't pay, you don't "deserve" anything, you got HD, be thankful for that.

maulmachine4.png

Corporeal Drops:2xHoly elixers

Bandos Drops: Bcp(soloed) 5x hilts 8x tassets

Armadyl Drops:Armadyl Hilt(trio)

Zamorak Drops: 2xZamorakian spear 3x Steam battlestaff

JagexPrimaryIncome.jpg

While advertising and subscription revenue are both shown to be going up, the data indicates that there is a trend towards subscriptions becoming a larger proportion of their primary revenue.

Well, perhaps a really hard quest for f2p is alright I guess (not those holiday-events-[bleep]-quest type of quests); I am not against it or anything to be honest.

How do we know this data is accurate? Anyone can make up statistics, 40% of people know that...

Legil_galad2.png

Woodcutting does not raise your combat level because most people do not play as yew trees.

[hide=]

JagexPrimaryIncome.jpg

How do we know this data is accurate? Anyone can make up statistics, 40% of people know that...

[/hide]

Yup, how do we know the validity of the data? I am not going to validate the accuracy of this data since all these was done by 'me' and hence the link to the thread that originally provided these data. Maybe you'll want to take a look at that thread and see what 'me' has to say? I can't think of anyone who would waste time giving false information , producing fake graphs just to escalate the f2p-p2p flame war. I thought 'me' did a nice job doing all these research and also small interviews with JAGeX employees etc. Of course it's very easy to brush it off as fakes and all but I am going to give 'me' the benefit of a doubt and trust that the information provided is as accurate as could be.

I have never been against f2p having updates (being f2p for about 5-6 years already) however I know that for extra, constant game-content updates, I'll have to subscribe. I'll admit that I always look forward to reading those BTS news for that "available to free players" phrase. Was really appreciative of SOS, SOPS, GOP, graphical update, team-capes and all especially the graphic update because I didn't expect them to give us the 'almost full-screen' version.

That being said, on-topic, I agree on giving a 'f2p-grandmaster-quest-of-epic-proportion' to f2p but that's just my opinion though. Where there are people who agree, there'll be people who are bound to disagree.. :) oh well..

I personally don't beleive that F2p need a new quest. What Jagex is trying to do is when you eventually get bored with F2p you upgrade to members. From a business point of view theres no point updating consistently to encourage customers to not pay. The infrequent updates work much better as they wet the appetite for more frequent updates ie. in members.

Legil_galad2.png

Woodcutting does not raise your combat level because most people do not play as yew trees.

Is there a problem with f2p?

Yes.

Does it pertain to quests?

Not necessarily.

Does it pertain to new skills?

No.

What is it?

Magic survival in Combat versus meleers

Can it be released in a quest?

Sure can.

But does f2p actually need a quest?

No.

So now, there doesn't need to be a new quest unless it's advertisement for p2p (seasonal quests). However, it is still a viable option.

menea_reuter.pnglinkresponsewb2.th.jpg

F2P is getting boring,i mean sure runescape are putting new updates in every couple of months but if your say a level 70 with most stats over 50 you can easily do the F2P achievement diary in a few days.Seem most level 70's probably would have done all the F2P quest theres only one thing to do train skills or get money. So i ask do you think runescape will make a quest better then dragon slayer that uses every skill for F2P or make a whole new skill for F2P?

THANKS FOR YOUR TIME

Are you serious? Look, if you want more content, simply pay for members. F2P, is Free To Play, meaning that we don't pay, though we do support ourselves by viewing the ads placed on F2P worlds. So really, why should Jagex make new major quests for us? Because you're bored? As for a new skill, don't consider that to be a possibility for even a moment. F2P, is a smaller, simpler Runescape, if you want more, go P2P.

100% F2P

Bonesaw342.png

234fcb4520.png

Bonesaw342.png

Bonesaw342.png

99 Defense, Tuesday February 10th 2009

99 Attack, Tuesday May 26th 200962,189th to get it