What are you hoping for in 2009?

Warlover

I like the idea of the eastern lands though I suppose your access to them would largely depend on the completion of certain quest story lines. If the eastern lands were to open up a new skill or high-leveled slayer monster I would be really peeved if i couldn't access either because I hadn't completed a whole series of tedious quests.

Like so many i would also appreciate a new skill-so long as it isn't another money burner :wall:

New ways to make money, focusing the bigger picture in an effort to make skilling in general a viable source of steady income.

I would prefer an all round effort to restore skilling than having one update effectively introduce the GWD of skills.

Someone also said earlier they would like to see the graphics of NPS and characters improved. Personally I think the body shapes of characters need to be made more realistic, as well as the outfits- for example the boots of lightness now look stupid, squashed down and square and a lot of female players still have a tough time finding a good outfit for their character. :|

4D485FC689.png

4d485fc689.png

4d485fc689.png

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-Eastern Lands for the win <3

-More Grandmaster quests as I'm a proud quest cape owner ^^.

-New armor and weapons for the higher-leveled people.

-More emotes.

-Achievement capes ? O.o If not , then more achievement diaries <3.

-Less Minigames ! :thumbsup:

Est out .! ::'

About the new high leveled Armour and weapons- we already have them in the form of god swords and bandos amour, the DFS, along with a problem of one and two hit knock outs in PVP. I reckon god swords should really have needed 90+ attack and strength to wield in the first place.

But assuming jagex WILL, sooner or later bring out stronger weapons they are going to need to abandon the 99 structure for hitpoints or else bring out a skill (or maybe an add-on to agility) allowing you to dodge your opponents attack, somewhat lessening the damage you take; thus preventing some of the more spectacular knockouts.

4D485FC689.png

4d485fc689.png

4d485fc689.png

Dual Wielding Capabilities...=)

For example, maybe if a F2p player has 80 (40 + 40) atk, he can duel wield 1 handed rune items

For P2p, only people wearing an attack skill cape can dual wield Dragon Items (60 + 40)

The Special bar stays the same.

I think this will give people more of a reason to get above 75 attack in P2p and 60 atk in F2p

And I agree with the magic overhaul and dragon pick axe

Sequels to:

Dorgeshuun! I love Zanik! I'm sorry we [hide=Epic Spoiler]had to leave her behind in that one place![/hide]

Slug. That last quest was really funny, and scary too.

I guess myreque would be nice, but I can't do it anyway; I haven't even done in aid.

That's all i really want; I prefer quests to anything else.

Though a guess a few GOOD minigames would be nice.

A better defense system. I'm tired of 2-hit knockouts because of superextremebandosgodswords. Fighting should be require skill, not just blind luck and the ability to draw first blood.

Better mage equipment too.

Finish up long standing quest lines (ME, Myreque, goblins, etc.) completly so they can focus on creating newer storylines (I really like multi quest stories). I'm guessing they're gonna tease us with eastern lands for another year or so. Kudos island would be nice though, when GWD was coming out I thought that would be kudos island so i got my 100 kudos that does me nothing now...

Iceland is in the north Atlantic. Its capital is Reykjavik. What is the punchline of this joke?

Now that macros are gone, they can return to us all the good stuff they had to take out preventing macros, since GE still prevents RWT. In 2009, let's look forward to: Return of Hard Rocks, Removal of Random Events, and the removal of Pure Essence.

Finally, Wilderness Tag, a PK minigame promised to us in 2007 had better be comming out soon. It is perhaps the longest update in comming in the history of Runescape.

To begin with: Hard Rocks?! I thought we were freaking done with fatigue. I thought we buried it alive.

Second, only a handful of Random Events might be removed. Macroing isn't totally gone; all of last December's updates did were eliminate the market for macro-farmed gold. One can't tell if a high level player is macroing, so something's got to stick around. I don't know if Pure essence will be gone, perhaps it'll server a more practical purpose rather than being something that Members can gather, and can only make high level runes.

Third, I'm not sure if you got the memo, but Wilderness Tag was a canceled update. It was told that it wasn't going to deliver the same level of enjoyment as other minigames (and I think the rewards weren't up to snuff to equal the then-present danger). I don't think we'll ever see Wilderness Tag, and I don't think we'll need to.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Now that macros are gone, they can return to us all the good stuff they had to take out preventing macros, since GE still prevents RWT. In 2009, let's look forward to: Return of Hard Rocks, Removal of Random Events, and the removal of Pure Essence.

Finally, Wilderness Tag, a PK minigame promised to us in 2007 had better be comming out soon. It is perhaps the longest update in comming in the history of Runescape.

To begin with: Hard Rocks?! I thought we were freaking done with fatigue. I thought we buried it alive.

Second, only a handful of Random Events might be removed. Macroing isn't totally gone; all of last December's updates did were eliminate the market for macro-farmed gold. One can't tell if a high level player is macroing, so something's got to stick around. I don't know if Pure essence will be gone, perhaps it'll server a more practical purpose rather than being something that Members can gather, and can only make high level runes.

Third, I'm not sure if you got the memo, but Wilderness Tag was a canceled update. It was told that it wasn't going to deliver the same level of enjoyment as other minigames (and I think the rewards weren't up to snuff to equal the then-present danger). I don't think we'll ever see Wilderness Tag, and I don't think we'll need to.

What is this 'Wilderness Tag' anyways?

priest_wiz.png

What is this 'Wilderness Tag' anyways?

News Post

Wilderness Tag features a series of pillars dotted around the entire of the wilderness, with players being invited to tag them, similar to the way the Agility Arena works but without the timers. Players who successfully tag all the pillars (featuring various levels of difficulty) are rewarded with a generous helping of combat XP in the discipline they choose. Be careful, though, it is the Wilderness after all.

It was silently canceled, I believe some mod made a post about it.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Archaeology skill, Phoenix Familiar w/quest w/replayable daily/weekly activity, mobilizing armies, eastern lands, Archeron(Icy) lands, an update to construction, next grandmaster quest (hopefully 150th quest...and since the phoenix quest is confirmed for january, maybe they will delay the 150th quest while releasing more minigame/skill/combat updates.

There are a few things I'd like to see implemented in the game in 2009, they are as follows:

1)Bank Space

I need, you need, we all need it.

2)Profanity Filter

There are plenty of mature players, and if I'm going to have to put up with other players making obscene pictures of inappropiate body parts, I want to be able to say, "What provokes you into making those damn pictures?"

And besides, it would be an awesome feature :D

3)Archaeology

Some fellow on these forums, Outsanity I think it was, Made the best damn suggestion guide I've ever read. Its much better then sailing, thats for sure.

4)Next Quest in the Dorgeshuun series.

I really would like to go save zanik, where ever she is. And its probably my favorite quest series.

5)No More shark burning

I have 99 cooking and I think it would be nice if they made burning sharks at 99 impossible. At 99 cooking I burn at least 4 sharks a load. I'm tired of spending 25k to change my chaos gauntlets back into cooking gauntlets every time I'd like to cook my sharks.

6)Achievement Diary Cape

I currently have none of the acheivement diariers completed. However, if they are going to continue making more and more diaries, I think they should give an Achievement cape to those players persistent enough in finishing each one.

7)Mining overhaul

Or at least a way to spice it up a little.

8)Player owned shops

I think it would be a really easy add-on to construction. Just make it so you can put stuff for sale in your house, have a set price, and then people can come buy it if they choose.

9)Eastern lands

Katanas (sp) are the coolest looking swords in my opinion. And they could do so much with this idea. Plus Orioles stated a Dragon Defender in conjunction with this idea, that would be a good idea.

And last but certaintly not least

10)Holidays from around the world

They did have a thanksgiving event this year and considering thats a American only holiday, I think its only fair if they implement a holiday from some other country. Then I can tell my parents that runescape is teaching me about various cultures from other countries ;)

Also, may I ask what Kudo's Island is? I keep seeing people suggest it, yet I have not the slighest clue what it is. :wall:

leviathansig1nn7.gif

Darkphenom99.png

Darkphenom99.png

Darkphenom99.png

archsupportei2.png

Slayer Drops: Black Mask (1)

Dragon Drops: None

Barrows Loot: Verac's Brassard (1), Veracs helm (1), Guthans Spear (3), Torags helm (1)

My Website

for everyone saying about bringing members content to f2p....

f2p provides a tiny amount of income to jagex, I would presume they have thought of getting rid of it on multiple occasions.

On topic:

player owned shops would be awsome.

so would katanas, 7 speed two handed sword maybe?

so would necromany :pray:

2Xeo5.png

Also, may I ask what Kudo's Island is? I keep seeing people suggest it, yet I have not the slighest clue what it is. :wall:

Kudos island is an unofficial (I think) nick-name given by players to the island which the curator of the Varrock Museum says you will be able to visit in the near future, assuming that you have enough Kudos from the Museum, of course.

- Chaos runecrafting for F2P.

- A better profanity filter, also the option to enable or disable.

- More bank space.

- A prayer ability that allows you to wield a 2H weapon with 1 hand.

- More (possibly 1 or 2) runite rocks out in the wilderness.

sigwf1yq3ji0.png

archsupportei2.png

Achievements: Dragon Slayer Completed (1/4/2009) | Corrupt Dragon Drops: 3 | Treasure Trails Completed: 1

ANc4.gifWenY.gifEZep.gifJxyx.gif Click us!

Personally I wish they would stop making unwanted graphical updates that upset some of the older players (including myself)

It's unneeded, and unsightly to look at after for so long you've gotten accustomed to Runescape's older and rugged graphics.

Particularly I'm annoyed by these graphical updates:

*When you run with a whip, it's coiled up.

*I prefer the way we ran before, not looking like we bounce on heels with excitement

*The interface looks far too polished and straight, I preferred the old rugged "ripped map" interface

*If Runescape had enough programming power to compress HD Runescape into the game itself, why did they have to drastically decrease the "ice cube" visual on the Ice Barrage spell? Now it looks like a wind bolt and only initially shows the ice cube on the first, freezing hit

*The characters don't look human anymore. They look cartoony, and their limbs and heads, feet and hands look swollen and bubbly - it makes our avatars much more childish

One can wish though..

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

Personally I wish they would stop making unwanted graphical updates that upset some of the older players (including myself)

It's unneeded, and unsightly to look at after for so long you've gotten accustomed to Runescape's older and rugged graphics.

Particularly I'm annoyed by these graphical updates:

*When you run with a whip, it's coiled up.

*I prefer the way we ran before, not looking like we bounce on heels with excitement

*The interface looks far too polished and straight, I preferred the old rugged "ripped map" interface

*If Runescape had enough programming power to compress HD Runescape into the game itself, why did they have to drastically decrease the "ice cube" visual on the Ice Barrage spell? Now it looks like a wind bolt and only initially shows the ice cube on the first, freezing hit

*The characters don't look human anymore. They look cartoony, and their limbs and heads, feet and hands look swollen and bubbly - it makes our avatars much more childish

One can wish though..

+1

i hate how when u run u actually becomes shorter -.-

also they have to do a armor overhaul big time i mean the armor on the armor stand in lumbridge and legends guild looks really nice why cant we have those? the standard metal armors hasnt been changed since rs2 first came out. i dont know if im the only but can those full helms get any more uglyier? and whats with most helms makes ur head looks way too big for your body? just a thought they should make the different metal armors different, like bronz plate wouldnt have the shoulder pad thing[dunno what u call those lol] and sleeves just the plate and it progress up to rune with every thing i think that would be nice.

bedce0cd19.png

Funny you should say that, I saw a guy earlier(don't know if he was glitching) but was holding a steel 2h and kite like vannaka.

Anyway, onto what would be cool.

-Better profanity filter, I mean, they didn't make the game for 5 year olds did they?...

-Eastern lands, Kudos Island

-Skills effect how you look if wanted(eg magic would give you glowing palms and/or glowing blue or red lines on you're cheeks).Got the idea from Fable 2 lol.

-Katanas.

-New familiars/pets.

-New quests. 'Nuff said.

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

I might get back into the game and get 99 thieving, then again, I might not

- Chaos runecrafting for F2P.

- A better profanity filter, also the option to enable or disable.

- More bank space.

- More (possibly 1 or 2) runite rocks out in the wilderness.

I love how you stole my avatar

Wallettheif.png

lordsalamence.png

jmccainwm3.jpg

The game.

OK. This is a big one. Ready? *rubs hands together* THE ABILITY TO SIT IN CHAIRS! I mean, why should you be able to sit in the chairs in your POH, but not the chairs in, say, a shop? This is long overdue, and I hope to see this (quite obvious) point fixed.

Also, what about moblising armies? I'd like that too (i'm a huge fan of strategy games). Empire earth and Fire Emblem pl0x?

~The only true limits are the ones you place on yourself~

cwsiggyfinal.jpg

Sig by me, in MS paint, but I'm still working on it.

Suggestions appreciated

This guide is as concise as a gourmet's handbook with the guidelines of "Pick up fork, stab food, insert into your mouth, then chew".