Am I the only one who thinks AGS is not worth it??

Romy

Many people have already said this. Oh, and AGS is the most useful for solo PvP.

Not really, I think using a SGS could be more useful, for healing yourself, and adding some Prayer points.

BGS could be better for draining your opponent's stats.

ZGS could be better for running away, or fighting with mage/range/helbard.

Not to disagree, because I too do not think AGS is worth the huge price tag it has, but since I have owned all 4 godswords, I have tested them out in multiple places, and AGS is quite useful. The AGS has a spec that uses 50% of the bar. That means it has two attacks that can do 25% more damage which is quite amazing.

Imagine on boss monsters, two high damage hits can ruin even the toughest of the GWD minions. Even players can fall to a 2-hit KO. The only reason is that it is not always certain to hit high. You could hit nothing with both specs and then your pretty much done, as the sword is too slow to really put up much challenge in a fight against, say, a whip. The increased speed will destroy you before you can hit them.

The other thing is that The AGS is just like every other godsword. It doesn't have any overwhelming stats, and once the special bar is gone, its pretty much just another godsword that costs 20m more than any other godsword.

99 Fletching 99 Attack 99 Constitution 99 Cooking 99 Strength

Gamertag: H8tebringer

h8tebringer-siggy-bloodskull-1.jpg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're F2P, what do you know about P2P?

Lol, just because my current account is F2P, does not mean I never have been a member, nor does it mean I can't read (updates, forums, guides etc).

Also, believe me, I know more than enough about this game :twisted: .

Most of you did not understand my argument.

I'm not saying AGS is lame, or that ther other godswords are way better than it, I'm talking price-wise, considering the PRICES, if you're going to SAVE UP for a godsword, don't save up for AGS, or in other words, only buy it if you can afford it, and don't mind spending the money.

Tbh I've bought and tried all the Godswords, and the only one I would keep would be SGS.

This is the internet.

Your never the only one.

Chances are there are always 5,000 people who are on your side, no matter what your talking about or have done.

I obviously knew that I'm not the only one to think that, it's sort of a way of asking why the price is so high, or how comes I've never met anyone who thinks the same as me.

Godswords are poop.

Dragon Claws are poop.

Its whip and shield or defender if your opponent can't hit.

Its verac in PVP melee duels or some nasty def'ed monster.

Been that way for years.

Haven't had a successor to whip yet. Sara sword is close but being two handed blows.

Yea, Vesta's longsword is the real deal, but Jagex had to find someway to gimp it into a useless artifact, and they sure do that within 1 hour of you using it to be exact.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Well if this is all about 'considering the price tag' then no godsword is worth it compared to a whip or sara sword (if you're intent is str training).

As to what the person above me said, godswords are way better than veracs for GWD bosses.

May the presents of our lord and savior, Santa, be with you this holiday season!

First annual Clausmas - 2009 December 25

Godswords are poop.

Dragon Claws are poop.

Been that way for years.

Haven't had a successor to whip yet. Sara sword is close but being two handed blows.

Yea, Vesta's longsword is the real deal, but Jagex had to find someway to gimp it into a useless artifact, and they sure do that within 1 hour of you using it to be exact.

yes. if i had to choose, id take a trust whip + rune defender over an ags anyday.

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

I'm not saying AGS is lame, or that ther other godswords are way better than it, I'm talking price-wise, considering the PRICES, if you're going to SAVE UP for a godsword, don't save up for AGS, or in other words, only buy it if you can afford it, and don't mind spending the money.

Most people who buy AGS's are rich PKers. Apparently there are a lot of them.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

SGS is better for pvp, could save you in hard times.

you do know that pvp now-a-days is all about how fast you can ko someone right? so would you rather do a 30-60 with a barrage and sgs(not even max hp) or a 30-75 with barage and ags. what this means is that you now have the ability to ko in pvp. if you are good at it you can earn on arvage 15m/hour in bh pvp ...ags is worth it

Y_Z.png

Godswords are poop.

Dragon Claws are poop.

Been that way for years.

lol

On a more serious [hide=note,]a_funny_music_note_000.png[/hide]

I think the whip takes the cake especially when it comes to price. Within a few hours of gathering money, you can make enough cash for a whip. God Swords aren't nearly as replaceable.

You're F2P, what do you know about P2P?

Lol, just because my current account is F2P, does not mean I never have been a member, nor does it mean I can't read (updates, forums, guides etc).

Also, believe me, I know more than enough about this game :twisted: .

I understand that you could have been a member before, but it still does not mean you have ever owned an AGS.

The AGS is that high because it's the second greatest weapon out there, and because Kree is hard to solo. The only weapon better than AGS is Dclaws, and they are 100m street.

So, AGS is well worth the cash to spend on it.

If an AGS can get you 63m in proffit doing whatever with it than I guess its worth it. Personaly I would never take something like an AGS or D claws into pvp because I would presumably be attacking people and would never risk that kind of monney. I am suprissed people who use those weapons don't get pilled when people see them in use, or in single way zones at least continualy assulted. I guess its a benifit of the money risking system Jagex put in place. Still, I would kill go after someone with those weapons just to kill them, and having them lose those items would make my day (oddly enough I am generaly a very nice person).

Personaly I don't think its worth it, but I would still buy one if I could just to have it (but if a different one cost more I would get that one instead so -.- ). If I feel an urge to hit supper high hits, I can take a keris to kalphites and wait for its invisible spec to kick in on a good base hit (I think the keris can still outhit any other weapon if your super lucky and your opponent has enough hp, even though its only against beetles).

If I wanted bonus damage, I would go for the BGS. 40% of the bonus damage for about 30% of the cost seems like a good idea to me.

tip:

use whip on pvp world, everyone by about now doesnt safe, if you do find a safer, call them a safernoob and move on, when you find someone who doesnt safe, piety, ags spec twice, teleport.

rofl.. you would do that.. [insidejoke]aimbot noob -.-[/insidejoke]

Xzxpvp7xzx.png

xzxpvp7xzx.png

xzxpvp7xzx.png

2nd troll to 840+ post count.

The only godsword I'm interested in is the SGS as I have little interest in PvP. All the others seem more geared for PKing. As for the prices, I say it's worth it. If it was cheaper then everyone'd have the AGS, and that'd just be ridiculous. ::'

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

Godswords are poop.

Dragon Claws are poop.

Been that way for years.

yes. if i had to choose, id take a trust whip + rune defender over an ags anyday.

If a godsword can damage a dark beast or black dragon faster than a whip+defender, what makes you think that the whip is more effective against players wearing Barrows/bandos armor? And every good PKer knows that max hit> damage rate in PvP.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

Godswords are poop.

Dragon Claws are poop.

Been that way for years.

If a godsword can damage a dark beast or black dragon faster than a whip+defender, what makes you think that the whip is more effective against players wearing Barrows/bandos armor? And every good PKer knows that max hit> damage rate in PvP.

actually whip + defender is faster on dark beasts :P

as I've said before, the AGS is good for KO potential, which makes it the king of pvp and nothing else

@llamster - the advantage of the ZGS over ancients is that you can wear good armor and it will still hit

You need to have owned an AGS to appreciate it. Just an example: You cant crash an all- AGS Bandos team of 5 members if your team only has 2 AGS's. The other Godswords are just barely good enough to get by until you make the money for an AGS.

1. who would ever want to bandos lol.

2. outside of bounty hunter and player-vs-player worlds AGS is the absolute last godsword I'd like to own. The SGS in particular has a vastly superior special for training. The ability to crash another team at 5-man bandos is not worth 63 million.

Personally , Rather than have an AGS i'd prefer and SGS. If you want hard specing power, D claws seem more accurate than ags so probably d claws trump the AGS for power in the spec.

As for best GS, SGS for monster hunting + slayer etc.

X_kaylin_X.png

The AGS is not worth 60m. I just have one so I can talk bad about it without people whining. :thumbsup:

Let me quote myself.

In my opinion, the Armadyl godsword's special looks rather homosexual. Bandos is much better, it looks like you're slamming your opponent into the ground. Armadyl's has a queer jump and twirl reminiscent of a dancer, with a white trail of gas flying into the air (probably released from the user's ears).

The special graphics need to be switched. Being logical now, instead of comical, with the Bandos godsword, you're stealing your opponents defence. A swirl of smoke going into the air "carrying their defence away" looks more logical.

With Armadyl, you're ^%#@ING SMASHING THEM! Swinging the sword around from behind you and slamming it into them from above makes more sense.

Saradomin makes sense. You swing from the ground up, as if you're carrying their hitpoints over to yourself.

Zamorak makes sense. You swing in sideways (this isn't as logical as the others, but it's unique, which makes it logical) and freeze them.

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.

• 2 weeks later...

It depends on what you do a lot. I barely melee anymore (all maxed and I am doing skills) so spending that much would be pretty useless since 99.99% of the time it would just rot in my bank while I am ranging, maging, theiving, etc.

On the other hand, if I were still meleeing 90% of the time as I used to, then spending whatever amount woul dbe worth it.

In the example below, if AGS truly does own Bandos and the player spends most of his time there, then for him it would be very much worth it.

AGS = Not worth it.

SGS = Not worth it.

ZGS = Not worth it.

BGS = Not worth it.

Dragon Claws = Not worth it.

Just wait til Jagex releases a new slaughter weapon that owns all of that.

GGS = Ownage. :P

The price is never linearly formed by the usefulness of the item. SUPPLY and DEMAND. Partyhats. This thread is not worth it.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.