Jan. 7 Poll Clues! Sailing Skill [NEW] Exploration Skill

Gandorf61

My guess is that its not sailing, its the exploration skill. This guy posted awhile back on runescape forums with his idea of a skill exploration which included some sort of sailing. The topic went on for about 6 pages and every post was a positive post, around like the 4th page a mod posted and said that they would take this suggestion into very deep consideration. Tbh I hope it is exploration cause when I read his idea I was in awe.

Lemme see if I can find the link.

EDIT: found quick-find code - 76-77-139-57861125

DOUBLE EDIT: Lol now its at 33 pages of positive so check it out.

:o That looks like an amzing skill. If anything would be so much better than just sailing.

I'll post the qfc at the beginning of this thread for others to see. It looks like it has a lot of potential and even a Jagex Mod sees the coolness of the idea! :)

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tbh, I don't see why everyone is all excited and want a sailing skill. I mean, where are you going to sail to? There's barely any oceans. And yea, JaGeX might add new islands/lands, but even then, to get there, you'll probably have to do a quest, where a person will take you there. Plus, how would you train it? Make boats? Oh joy, another summoning-like skill -.- I can see sailing being part of a minigame, hopefully one that is like cabin fever :D

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

sailing skill? If that'll ever come out for real I'll quit

I mean cmon "your sailing level is now 93, you can now sail through desert"?

I seriously lol'd at that.

Anyway, in respect to the suggestion I read on the RSoF...to begin with, it's not SO bad. It incorporates most every existing skill into it already, and it doesn't sound like it'd be of the tedium level "BORED TO TEARS", a-la RC and Mining. However, if this skill does make it into the game, which I seriously doubt, much like Sailing, it won't show up until probably the same time next year.

Year of tweaks. Fix what we have, not add things. C'mon... :(

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

A missconception like when Jagex announced and said Hold on to your robin hood hats, they sky rocketed and people thought they were going to be discontinued...

I remember that. I laughed at the people who bought them up, then whined on the forums afterwards:

"WTF JAGEX U SED DEY WHERE GOING 2 BE DISCONTINUUD, KNOW I LOST LIEK 20MIL IM QUITING N PLAYIN WOW"

In every thread, followed by two pages of "Don't let the door hit you on the way out".

I love whiny kids who try to be merchants and fail at it because they have all the speculative powers of a cat pawing at an exposed wire.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

sailing skill? If that'll ever come out for real I'll quit

I mean cmon "your sailing level is now 93, you can now sail through desert"?

You know, don't let sailing hold you back, QUIT NOW!!! Seriously, read just one of my posts and you can see the potential for sailing. But i'm serious, go quit, right now, runescape will be much better without provincial idiots like you.

cool_sig1.jpg

Oh, yes...

There are plenty of games with sailing in them, why can't rs come next!? There is tons of potential...

I must admit however, I saw that "Exploration" thread a while back and I wasn't very impressed. So I guess I have mixed feelings on this.

I always say the wrong thing, though, and people will probably call this post a waste of my life or something :thumbdown:

EDIT: I do play the above mentioned other computer game, and agree that flying ships would be perfectly fine.

I'm back on the forums! Older, wiser, and...

...still a noob...

I'm going to have to point to my signature for this. And the Robin Hood Hat incident. Also: The more deeply you read into common sayings, the more you find that the Freemasons and Pope John Paul II were behind the JFK Assassination...

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I just don't see how it would fit into the game. What would higher levels bring? Ability to build better boats to get through harsher waters? Easier navigation?

Though with my luck, it'll come out tomorrow with the heading 'Spellbook Reorganization, and Sailing!'

Wow this thread is still going? SAILING WILL NOT COME OUT THIS WAS NOT A HINT, PERIOD!

Lol at explortaion, so when i go find an area i like during a quest never been there before its not already exploration? meh, both ideas imo are still very rediculus.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I'm going to have to point to my signature for this. And the Robin Hood Hat incident. Also: The more deeply you read into common sayings, the more you find that the Freemasons and Pope John Paul II were behind the JFK Assassination...

I just don't see how it would fit into the game. What would higher levels bring? Ability to build better boats to get through harsher waters? Easier navigation?

Though with my luck, it'll come out tomorrow with the heading 'Spellbook Reorganization, and Sailing!'

Higher levels would have the ability to build bigger, sturdier boats that could sail to new islands that may even have a new monster with a rare drop, or even something like rare trees, a good training spot, its virtually unlimited what i could bring.

cool_sig1.jpg

Wow this thread is still going? SAILING WILL NOT COME OUT THIS WAS NOT A HINT, PERIOD!

Lol at explortaion, so when i go find an area i like during a quest never been there before its not already exploration? meh, both ideas imo are still very rediculus.

And where is your proof that it will not come out?

personally i can't wait for them to come out and announce it, too many being negative about it, gets really annoying in stickies with AMG ITS SAILING CAPE every 10 mins, and it wont come becus it r reli lame, to me its a 95% yes, the people who are doubting it lack imagination and are severely ignorant to the facts.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

personally i can't wait for them to come out and announce it, too many being negative about it, gets really annoying in stickies with AMG ITS SAILING CAPE every 10 mins, and it wont come becus it r reli lame, to me its a 95% yes, the people who are doubting it lack imagination and are severely ignorant to the facts.

Facts? :lol:

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

He probably means the fact that Jagex isn't dumb enough to not release something which obviously has a lot of hype surrounding it.

He probably means the fact that Jagex isn't dumb enough to not release something which obviously has a lot of hype surrounding it.

That's not a fact.

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

That's not a fact.

And neither is your existence if you want to get technical. As long as there is someone saying the evidence isn't sufficient enough, then you can say nothing is a fact. If you ask me, I'd say there is a lot of evidence pointing to the fact that Jagex gives their players what they want.

How would you suppose to be training a sailing skill anyways?

Building add-ons to your boat, spotting new land, traveling through storms, finding treasure, and the list goes on... Seriously, the only thing making you people think Sailing is a bad idea is your lack of imagination.

And where is your proof that it will not come out?

My proof is that there hasn't been any word about it by jagex who nowdays lay good hints about this kind of thing. However, the hints picked up in this thread are the most obvious case of clutching at straws i have ever seen.

Oh and to the above post of 'He probably means the fact that Jagex isn't dumb enough to not release something which obviously has a lot of hype surrounding it.'

There is very little hype, theres the same 4-5 people posting hype about it here, and the whole rest of the thread is numerous people hating it.

And lack of imagination is not my reason for disliking, its the fact i can pay x gp to get to almost anywhere already, the fact this would nullify various peices of travel in rs, the fact jagex would need to increase rs map size tenfold to make even enough area to be worthwhile, and the fact there has been NO solid hints, 1 word in a sentance, thats what people are basing a whole skill on.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

How would you suppose to be training a sailing skill anyways?

Building add-ons to your boat, spotting new land, traveling through storms, finding treasure, and the list goes on... Seriously, the only thing making you people think Sailing is a bad idea is your lack of imagination.

Bingo.

A large population of Runescape is now preteens and children up to the ages of 15-18. We know this as Jagex has stated in news articles about how Runescape is being aimed towards a younger population. Either way, since there are so many children and teenagers playing, we get a lot of ignorant know-it-alls coming in and completely denouncing even a simple idea because their minds can't handle the fact that perhaps an idea can be more than what they see it as in their mind.

Think of it this way. You take the same route to school everyday by walking. It takes you 20 minutes to do so. However, one day you meet the person who lives next door to you, and they tell you of a better route to get to school that only takes 16 minutes. Even though you didn't know of this route, it still existed. It took the other person for you to be able to realize your way of walking to school wasn't the ONLY or the most efficient way to get there.

So saying the above, I think it's safe to say that just because people try to say Sailing will only be about sailing to an island and that's it, and that it will be lame and not useful, doesn't mean there aren't ways to make the skill much more than that, and far more appealing.

Archaeology was long thought to be a lame skill idea that would only be about digging up rocks, which you should do with mining anyway, however, I took a different route and made a skill suggestion for the skill, which over 300 people have supported strongly. (And actually, before the forums got wiped out I'd probably have 500 supporters by now).

So that just goes to show you that just because you think there's only one way to go about making the Sailing skill, doesn't mean it can't be something completely different from what you originallu thought it would be.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png