Jan. 7 Poll Clues! Sailing Skill [NEW] Exploration Skill

Gandorf61

I think a new skill would be cool, maybe not necessarily sailing, but a new skill would certainly make my goal of ~2100 total w/o more combat much easier to accomplish :D

i wish i had the mind of a merching genious like yourself i woulda never have through to invest in bronze meds, i hear you graduated from med school.

You misspelled "genius"

I just had to point that out >.>

you mispelt genious an its your rsn, so welcome to the club :thumbup:

Thanks! I've been lonely all these years being the only member of said club. :(

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok. Heres my take on this.

Sailing- I can see how it would be a decent skill but HOW could this skill possible be put into the game?! I mean think about it, theres no that much water around Runescape. Unless JaGex widened the map by like 1000 times then I honestly dont see how this can possibly be a skill whatsoever!

I mean hey, I'll jump on the sailing bandwagon if it does be a skill but I jut don't see how it can. I mean hello.. Charter ships.. its not like there expensive whatsoever... but meh.. just my opinion. :thumbup:

Omg-1.jpg

Pk_i_n_y_o_u.png

Could sailing be introduced with the new accessable eastern lands? Could be possible that reaching certain parts of the new lands could be determined based on your sailing level. 99 sailing gets you to some kick [wagon] island that's made of cabbage or something?

1288581197250-1.jpg

Well this so called "hint" doesn't have to be on a whole sailing skill. What about it referring to a new quest or more specifically perhaps the 150th quest? Maybe the sailing is something that will be used in the quest, not as a skill but just as something you have to overcome or perhaps the problem revolves around sailing to a new area.

Considering that all the banners on the main page we've seen have been related to a quest I think the one from the HD release might be related to the 150th quest.

I plan to laugh at all of you when Sailing is actually released.

Sorry to say, but every skill in the past that people have said "were only rumors and would be lame," came out. Farming. No one thought it would be cool to plant a seed and watch it grow. Did it happen anyway? Yes. Summoning. People made rumors about it for years. Did it happen? Yes? Player Owned Houses. Did people talk about them since RSC and expect them to eventually be released? Yes. Did it happen? Yes. Construction came out. Did people think Hunter would be lame and exactly like Slayer? Yes. Did it still come out? Yes.

So, I'm sorry for telling you, kiddies, but if rumors have spread this largely over the community of Runescape players and it has caught THIS much hype, even if Jagex wasn't planning on making it before, they sure as hell are thinking of it now.

I give it a year tops. We'll have Sailing soon enough. Just wait and watch.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

Sorry to say, but every skill in the past that people have said "were only rumors and would be lame," came out. Farming. No one thought it would be cool to plant a seed and watch it grow. Did it happen anyway? Yes. Summoning. People made rumors about it for years. Did it happen? Yes? Player Owned Houses. Did people talk about them since RSC and expect them to eventually be released? Yes. Did it happen? Yes. Construction came out. Did people think Hunter would be lame and exactly like Slayer? Yes. Did it still come out? Yes.

So, I'm sorry for telling you, kiddies, but if rumors have spread this largely over the community of Runescape players and it has caught THIS much hype, even if Jagex wasn't planning on making it before, they sure as hell are thinking of it now.

Farming was confirmed a couple months before release. Summoning has been in the grape vine, confirmed since 2001. Construction has been in the grapevine, confirmed since 2001. Nobody talked about Hunter until it was announced. Nobody talked about Slayer until it was released. I fail to see how any of your points backup your overall point.

You don't make a valid point out of saying "Well if they didn't think about it, they sure are now". There's no proof sailing or Archaeology is coming out, and I'd sure like to have your worry-free life if you can spend your time waiting for valiant Jagex to come prove you right.

I made a thread in 2006 linking to the Knowledge Base, where i found a headed article "Construction". My thread pointed out that the skill would not be carpentry, the rsc name, but Construction, as pointed out by the page. Jagex changed the page to say "Nothing to see here", my thread was locked, and I was reprimanded for abusing pages Jagex didn't want us to see.

I was right. The difference between us, is that I actually had proof, and I'm not referring to grainy pictures and nondescript .

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

you know what sailing backwards is? gnilias! GNILIAS R ALMOST ILIAS, GREEK MYTHOLOGY IN RUNESCAPE PL0X!@!?

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

Farming was confirmed a couple months before release. Summoning has been in the grape vine, confirmed since 2001. Construction has been in the grapevine, confirmed since 2001. Nobody talked about Hunter until it was announced. Nobody talked about Slayer until it was released. I fail to see how any of your points backup your overall point.

You don't make a valid point out of saying "Well if they didn't think about it, they sure are now". There's no proof sailing or Archaeology is coming out, and I'd sure like to have your worry-free life if you can spend your time waiting for valiant Jagex to come prove you right.

I made a thread in 2006 linking to the Knowledge Base, where i found a headed article "Construction". My thread pointed out that the skill would not be carpentry, the rsc name, but Construction, as pointed out by the page. Jagex changed the page to say "Nothing to see here", my thread was locked, and I was reprimanded for abusing pages Jagex didn't want us to see.

I was right. The difference between us, is that I actually had proof, and I'm not referring to grainy pictures and nondescript .

The only thing you did in that post is prove my points further. Changing your phrasing and saying the skills were "in the grapevine" is the same as saying they were rumored, talked about, fought over, ect ect.

You had no proof of hunter until about 1-2 months before released. It still happened. Jagex hid it from everyone more carefully than they did previous skills.

Sorry hun, but just because the almighty Omali hasn't cracked any codes yet doesn't mean something can't be in the making or on the way. Jagex announced Summoning to help keep people from quitting over the trade limit update. A smart individual such as yourself should be very aware of that. They don't necessarily have to announce the next skill if they chose to keep it under wraps.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

In an isolated place, away from any kind of distraction, working on a certain skill

isolated place,isolated place,isolated place,isolated place

we might be able to sail to a isolated place <3:

Eindhoven_by_Sadocles.jpg

I think it's just speculation that's a bit overreactive.

Jagex would need to make sailing ENORMOUS to be of any value. As is, teleportation methods are so prevalant that any speed in transit is almost laughable. You have normal, lunar, and ancient teleports, fairy rings, gnome gliders, eagles, hot air balloons, several one-click (ecto, elf, karamja, sceptre, cabbage) several teleportation jewelries (duel, glory, games, various bracelets), summons which teleport, wilderness switch, wilderness obelisks, and more.

The only way sailing could be useful would be access to previously non-existant spots. Places to fish, hunt, slay, etc., only accessible via sailing.

Of course, there's no need for the skill, either. Jagex already has charter ships, and can always insert new teleportation media to work around rolling out a whole new skill.

stormveritas.png

Common sense tells you that they put Sailing in there on purpose. Pretend you were writing it, would you actually choose the world "sailing" over anything else accidently...?

But seriously, we don't need anymore damn skills. Jeese, no other company feels the need to keep implementing stupid skills, why does Jagex feel they have to add a new one all of the time? Every skill they have added have gotten less useful than the previous one. Seriously, sailing...omg. It's like everyone said, we have Charter Ships. I'm sure Jagex will make some stupid reason to have it as a skills because the shipmasters can't go there or something. :roll: Honestly though, Hunter was completely uneccessary. They could have found another way to put all of those items in the game without adding a new skill. Or at least a few of them, because the majority is useless. :?

If they add Sailing, it better be like Archaeology, not an actual skill. Something like miniquests to discover the locations for the shipmasters.

Common sense tells you that they put Sailing in there on purpose. Pretend you were writing it, would you actually choose the world "sailing" over anything else accidently...?

:? I probably would, it's just a commonly used expression.

OP, you're going to have to better than that if you're going to convince many people that Jagex are thinking of a Sailing Skill. :|

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Personally i just think theyre trying to mess with people. Theyve done it in the past when people got too excited about certain rumours.

Besides, seems rather odd that they would announce that 2009 is going to focus on tweaks and updating old content, then less than a week after drop hints about a new skill. To me, it feels like they want to take a break from the whole "1+ skill a year" thing that theyve been doing for very long, to focus on what theyve already got, which would be a very smart move in my opinion.

Look for Diango to start selling toy sailboats on April 1st.

chris_924.png

I personally think this is just another matter of misinterpretation, much like the "niggles" thread on the RSOF.

To me, it feels like they want to take a break from the whole "1+ skill a year" thing that theyve been doing for very long, to focus on what theyve already got, which would be a very smart move in my opinion.

^ Probably the most accurate estimate of this whole skill-a-year shenanigans going on. This also matches what has already been stated by Runescape Mods: this is an update year.

hzvjpwS.gif

sailing111dd0.png

After the "The world is about to end" signs, they needed something new.

aaaaanyway, even though sailing would be awesome, everyone is way too hypey about every single thing JagEx says or does. Relax dudes.

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

The only thing you did in that post is prove my points further. Changing your phrasing and saying the skills were "in the grapevine" is the same as saying they were rumored, talked about, fought over, ect ect.

You had no proof of hunter until about 1-2 months before released. It still happened. Jagex hid it from everyone more carefully than they did previous skills.

Sorry hun, but just because the almighty Omali hasn't cracked any codes yet doesn't mean something can't be in the making or on the way. Jagex announced Summoning to help keep people from quitting over the trade limit update. A smart individual such as yourself should be very aware of that. They don't necessarily have to announce the next skill if they chose to keep it under wraps.

Uhh huh. Summoning and Construction, as well as player owned houses, were confirmed since 2001, as in Jagex said "we're going to do this". Nothing has been said about Sailing or Archaeology, there is no proof.

Hunter was speculated before it came out because of the random animals that were appearing in various places that couldn't be interacted with.

They don't have to announce the skill to be working on it. You're using the "There doesn't have to be proof for it to be true" strategy, and it's not working. Notice how I'm not saying "Sailing isn't coming out", I'm saying you don't have any proof that they're working on it. There is no hard evidence that Jagex is going to release a sailing skill, none.

It's quite difficult for the almighty Omali to crack codes that aren't there to begin with.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

This thread is absolutely EPIC.

Anyways, yeah... seems like they are actually pointing toward a sailing skill being released. Meh. This better be good.

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

Here is what I think on the matter:

Sailing would be great, but Jagex love the thrill of teasing us with development diaries, so it wont be released soon. I think the reference relates to the 150th quest, which will be the Kudos quest from the Varrok Museum!

Ever seen those people building barges north of the digsite? I think the quest will revolve around you having to make/ use the barge to sail to the quest area, and maybe more in the quest...

I love the idea of sailing, but somehow I doubt they could conjure it up in such short notice...

erjypx.jpg

Just kidding ladies, you know I love you =D

Guide to Making Money with NPC Trading

If a new skill comes out, I want them to surprise us like they did with hunter and construction.

Exactly the same thoughts here. Who really expected POH's when all they said in the BTS was 'a chair you can sit on'

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

No plz.

Me no want.

No wanty means no plz.

And on that bombshell(Yay Clarkson), its apparent that I don't want sailing.

And I doubt that by saying that phrase in the post means sailing is coming out.

I also hope it isn't.

If a new skill comes out, I want them to surprise us like they did with hunter and construction.

Want.

Follow me on Twitter!

FORGET NOT THE CHICKEN.

gravy.png

I have no intrest in helping "keyers" farm xp.