Funniest teachers and subs

Harakiri

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My school has a couple.

I thought you meant that there were two teachers who were married. That happened at my middle school, and the male teacher had a close female-teacher-friend. (Not his wife) So my friend assumes they're dating, and yeah...

And thanks. ;)

theres quite a few teachers at my school who are married, and when i was in year 7 or 8 one of the teachers had an affair with a student, she was year 11 i think, it was on the news and in the papers, she changed school and he quit and got divorced, i had his ex-wife as my geography teacher in year 9 and didnt know she was his wife until a friend told me, now i know why shes so pissed off all the time

sword2di2.jpg

thanks to mitsubishi64 who made this sig

My school has a couple.

I thought you meant that there were two teachers who were married. That happened at my middle school, and the male teacher had a close female-teacher-friend. (Not his wife) So my friend assumes they're dating, and yeah...

And thanks. ;)

We've got one of those, too. The AP European History teacher and the AP American History teacher. Most people have them back-to-backm as European is a sophmore class and American is a Junior. Not much to say about the missus (who teaches European), but the husband is awesome. He's 6-foot-something and has this incredibley serious face all the time and a death glare like nobody's business. And he jokes all the time, whether it be about some current event or a student's misfortune in being an idiot.

Every year he gets voted "Most intimidating", and people in the hall don't really know how to react when he says something, whether or not its a joke and they should laugh, or if he's being serious and laughing is a very bad thing. Sometimes, if a student is being particularly stupid or something he'll give them a smack upside the head (not hard, just enough to get the point across). He's a really hard teacher, but his class is just so full of win.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

OH I ALMOST FORGOT. Lol so we have this really weird teacher, he's about 50, really short, and balding. He teaches tech, and barely knows anything about it. He only has half of his pointer finger. He was doing a safety demonstration, and was like don't get too close to the band saw *SLICE* and he lost half his finger. :twss:

How ironic. He lost his half a finger during a safety demo.

Well, all this past week we had a sub for both language arts and literature. His name was Mr. W. Everyone thought he looked gay, mainly because his skin was pale white and he had a [developmentally delayed]ed hairstyle. But, he didn't give a damn what we did when we were done with our work. In literature, we're reading Homecoming, when we were done, I just got my DS out and started playing SM64DS.

Also, my regular marine science teacher talks a lot and she usually wastes about 30 minutes of a 90 minute class. She also named her now dead cats Cheech and Chong.

This is teachers AND subs i will pick a teacher.

I got a week suspension for calling someone stupid only because the teacher was picked on as a child. The one week suspension was for calling the teacher [developmentally delayed] btw.

Deserved. You need to show respect.

She almost gave me a 1 day detention for calling me stupid just after making me re-do the homework because I didn't put the right date (she threw it out and said "WOW THIS PAPER IS FROM THE FUTURE I MUST THROW IT AWAY"

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Pureprayer, you're awesome.

OH I ALMOST FORGOT. Lol so we have this really weird teacher, he's about 50, really short, and balding. He teaches tech, and barely knows anything about it. He only has half of his pointer finger. He was doing a safety demonstration, and was like don't get too close to the band saw *SLICE* and he lost half his finger. :twss:

Wow, really? I never would have guessed. Thank you for your astounding insight.

And pureprayer, why would you get a detention because she called you stupid? I don't think everything is being told here.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

We had good banter with our registration teacher who modified/raced cars with her boyfriend at weekends. One of the genuinely "cool" teachers. She also never grassed anyone in for being late in the mornings so that was a big bonus as well. (Especially for me :lol: )

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

Wow, really? I never would have guessed. Thank you for your astounding insight.

And pureprayer, why would you get a detention because she called you stupid? I don't think everything is being told here.

Im assuming he meant that he called her stupid. Just miss-worded it, im guessing.

A while ago:

For 2-3 classes we had Spanish subs who didn't speak spanish :lol:

The first was the funniest, probably, he really didn't do anything, whether it was teaching or even enforcing class. In that anarchy there was even one person singing, "Don't stop Believin'" loudly, and even inviting the sub to join after a while :lol: *

*Though it probably didn't help that I eventually told the guy the lyrics. Even in anarchy you have to get that song right...

Ironically, we got about half an hour worth of lecture as to how badly we acted. We were given half an hour of work (for me, and I wasn't good at Spanish) to do in 100 minutes, with really no input from the sub on anything...

I once had a sub that believed her cell phone was alive, she gave it a name and spoke to it a lot(And no, she wasn't talking to someone on the phone, she was actually talking directly to the phone). She also had the habit of thinking shes lost her glasses while wearing them. Also during role call she would call this kid Josephina, his name was Joe, of course the whole class would erupt into laughter as the kid was a bit of an [wagon], but I think the teacher actually believed it to be his real name for some reason.

To be honest it wasn't that funny, she creeped everyone out.

crim2ma.jpg

~^v^~Ex-Leader of the Divine Flames of Redemption~^v^~

My school has a couple.

And thanks. ;)

My mum and step-dad met teaching in the same school. My mum also has some friends that she set up when they worked in the same school who are still happily married now with 3 kids.

Best of all in school couples though is my form tutor at high school who had a one nigt stand with a DT teacher on a school trip and got her knocked up. He was married at the time aswell. Needless to say he came in for some heavy banter when it all came out, especially considering that she wasn't really that good looking at all and my form tutor is a reasonable looking bloke.

I had my fair share of funny teachers, some of them really sound to talk to and a good laugh, other just pure nutjobs, but looking back high school was great really.

iteme3721.jpg

Lol I kind of considered becoming a teacher, but After reading all this I am not that sure anymore #-o

Don't worry. 85% of this thread (at least) is pure and utter bullcrap. I think in my entire career I've had one student insult me ever and they regretted it.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

We had a sub the other day in History and a couple of kids in the back were talking about Call of Duty 4 and their "leet" lever 45's. The sub then said "Screw you, I'm on my 6th prestige."

Owned by the sub :thumbsup:

See?! Why can't I ever have the awesome subs? <.<

Which reminds me, one of my friends teacher from last year played COD 4 during class.

Also, in 2007 I had a sub, a hot purdy Asian lady, who was busty and in her mid 20s and my class kept sexually harrassing her and she just kept laughing. And she didn't care about what we did. I want her back. She became a permanant teacher but I think she left at the end of 2008...

happysigbp0.jpg

We had an Irish teacher who taught German. Funny mix of accents.

The P.E teacher and Chemistry teacher in our school are married and have a daughter who's currently attend the sixth form there (she went to the high school too). You can't help but feel suspicious that she may be getting special priviliges. Also, two D.T teachers had a kid. I feel a bit wary when going into the D.T rooms, who knows if it was an after school knock up.

My English teacher gave me a free book :3 She always goes off topic but not in that boring dreary way, it's always interesting topics and information such as those Yorkshire killings and feminism and Greek mythology.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

*Though it probably didn't help that I eventually told the guy the lyrics. Even in anarchy you have to get that song right...

:thumbup:

Barihawk, you teach Texans. We're too cool to be bad. :3

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Lol I kind of considered becoming a teacher, but After reading all this I am not that sure anymore #-o

Don't worry. 85% of this thread (at least) is pure and utter bullcrap. I think in my entire career I've had one student insult me ever and they regretted it.

"Mean" Subs dont have bad things happen as much.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Pureprayer, you're awesome.

+1, its pretty rare for someone to quit teaching over one incident (and school yards breed urban legends) but its amazing how many peoples stories end with "and then the teacher quit because of me"

Teaching is a fun job

NICKELEY102.png

+1, its pretty rare for someone to quit teaching over one incident (and school yards breed urban legends) but its amazing how many peoples stories end with "and then the teacher quit because of me"

Teaching is a fun job

Also,I'm an asshat but I do appreciate what teachers do.Especially if they have to put up with my classmates.Seriously,when I'm angelic (when we're being taught something I don't already know,usually) my classmates are being total bastardshats.

So yes,some asshats know their limits.

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

"Mean" Subs dont have bad things happen as much.

Mean teachers don't, either. Coaches have less.

Teaching is a fun job

Why quit? If a student is causing problems you can't solve, you have them removed. Simple. Teaching is a very fun and rewarding job. As "mean" as I was, I had a fan club among the students who were sick of the disruptive behavior.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

Don't want to sound Snobbish or Elitist but by any chance you teach in a private school? When I compare what happens in my school (private) with 2 schools (public) that my friends go to there's quite a difference in behavior.

Well, it probaly would have been effective as a "don't do this" sorta thing.

We used to have 2 teachers that dated, they were geting into what sounded like an interesting conversation...Wish I knew what they said, but they were both from South Africa, speaking in Afrikaans or whatever its called.

We have lots of South African teachers, our maths teacher was South African, total crack up, not purposely either, usually just mixed things up, eg when he said "you know the saying boys, only boys can do 2 things at once, girls can't" (All Boys School btw). And he usually made basic math errors while telling us about it, even though he is actually pretty smart. He also competed in an olympics games in the late 70s or early 80s in the hurdles.

And our Science teacher is funny because he's always so critical of how the school and the countries schooling system works. And he is a huge nerd (played games through some of the science periods instead of teaching us, we had pretyt much finished everything we had to though) and also a black belt in karate.

Doomy edit: I like sheep

Don't want to sound Snobbish or Elitist but by any chance you teach in a private school? When I compare what happens in my school (private) with 2 schools (public) that my friends go to there's quite a difference in behavior.

No, my teaching experience came from an inner city public high school.

Untitled.png

[hide=]

No, my teaching experience came from an inner city public high school.

[/hide]

Well, judging by the atmosphere of my school, most of this stuff wouldn't surprise me at all. In fact, I've probably seen and heard worse. Maybe kids just act different around different teachers? I said the S-word in front of my teacher during a final exam. She didn't mind. That's not to say there are liars on the internet, but 85% is a bit high.