Looking for a New Game? Ask Here!

Necromagus

I really hope this gets read and replied too here, cause I definitely need some opinions!

I've definitely always been a Microsoft fan girl (*holds up 360, Windows phone, and PC, and 9100 gamerscore :D*), but with the recent price drop of a PS3, I'm definitely looking at getting one now. I'm a big fan of JRPG's (Final Fantasy, Suikoden, and someday I'm going to buy and try some of the Persona games out). Some of my other favourite games include Darksiders, the Assassin's Creed games, and games that are really different from the mainstream stuff, like Catherine. I'm not a fan of the FPS genre almost at all, but I definitely want to try games like Bioshock and Mass Effect.

So I'm looking for suggestions for games I should look into, making a purchase of a PS3 worth it! I'm mostly looking for good exclusives, or games that would be a lot better on ps3 (like Dark Souls, cause online is free :P). The games I intend on buying if I do go through with this include God of War Origins, God of War Collection, God of War 3, and maybe Demon's Souls and Dark Souls, though I may stick with just Dark Souls once it comes out. I also might buy FF7, 8 and 9 on the PSN.

I'm a microsoft guy but I was in the same boat as you a few months ago so I bought a PS3 slim and 3 games. I got Killzone 3, Infamous 2, and L.A. Noire. I've played the ps3 for a total of under 10 hours since then. I won't recommend not getting a ps3, but if you're like me i buy all multiplats on 360 so I really haven't delved into the ps3 exclusives as of yet. I would definently buy the ps3 if you plan on focusing on sony exclusives but if you prefer the multiplats like I do then you midaswell stick with the best online experience over at MSFT.

Low_C.png

• 4 weeks later...

Hello thread. If you didn't know, I have moved to a new house in a neighborhood with pretty bad internet cables.

I'm looking for more single-player PC games to play. I'm a big fan of "sandmode" RPGs like the Elder Scrolls or Fallout - something with a lot of replay value.

Don't mention Mass Effect, I have no intentions for buy that game. :razz:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Have you tried Deus Ex: Human Revolution?

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

Have you tried Deus Ex: Human Revolution?

I'll vouch for this game, it's a awesome game with replay value if you like getting achievements and playing the story differently to reach different outcomes in the end.

Low_C.png

I've tried all three of those. I'm done with Runescape. I don't know anyone else who plays LOTRO and all I'm really interested in with that is raids. Haven & Hearth was okay, but I didn't like how the whole dying thing worked.

• 2 weeks later...

Borderlands has some great Coop.

Download the expansions and it's even better. <3:

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

hey, im looking for a game i had ages ago but i cant remember the name, or that much about it

it was a ps2 game (i think), it was kinda like devil may cry but it wasnt DMC. you got new abilitys once you killed bosses , it wasnt castlevania

not much to go on but if i see a video of it i will know if its the game or not

thanks

Ranqecaravan.png

Oblivion mods for a basically first play through anyone? Especially those suitable for a rogue, an expanded dark brotherhood would be nice.

Let there be darkness for improved lightning in dungeons, adventurer's torchs for dropable lit torches, Qarl's texture pack 3 for improved textures, OBGEv3 for post effects, deadly reflex for improved combat. Probably missing some more, but I'd say those are the fundamental mods.

16185_s.gif

Oblivion mods for a basically first playhttp://forum.tip.it/index.php?app=forums&module=post&section=post&do=reply_post&f=95&t=216828&qpid=5084729 through anyone? Especially those suitable for a rogue, an expanded dark brotherhood would be nice.

Let there be darkness for improved lightning in dungeons, adventurer's torchs for dropable lit torches, Qarl's texture pack 3 for improved textures, OBGEv3 for post effects, deadly reflex for improved combat. Probably missing some more, but I'd say those are the fundamental mods.

You're forgetting the Unoffical Oblivion Patch - fixes alot of bugs.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This is more a question about steam really, I want to buy Football Manager but it's cheaper to buy it off Amazon (£17) than Steam (£30). The only thing is I want to play it on my PC and my notebook, but I'm worried that buying it as a CD will mean I can only use it on one? Cos sometimes you get product keys for games. Anyone got any advice?

I've got $100, which works out to about USD80. What are some good games I should get. Don't have a problem with second hand, can be fore PC or Xbox 360.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

This is more a question about steam really, I want to buy Football Manager but it's cheaper to buy it off Amazon (£17) than Steam (£30). The only thing is I want to play it on my PC and my notebook, but I'm worried that buying it as a CD will mean I can only use it on one? Cos sometimes you get product keys for games. Anyone got any advice?

Just torrent it instead. :thumbup:

skyrim_by_katri_n-d3hewko.png

• 3 weeks later...

What are some good RPGs for the DS?

The World Ends With You is my only recommendation right now, haven't played alot of RPG's on the DS sadly :s

Or you could go Pokemon, but only if you haven't played any of the other versions before.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

• 3 weeks later...

What are some good RPGs for the DS?

The World Ends With You is my only recommendation right now, haven't played alot of RPG's on the DS sadly :s

Or you could go Pokemon, but only if you haven't played any of the other versions before.

Chrono Trigger is also pretty good.

harpycopy.png

fyi, ladies dig the talons

Hot man of the Trickster Pirates.