Looking for a New Game? Ask Here!

Necromagus

So I'm heading back to Uni in 3 weeks, but I've completed everything I have so I am going to buy a few games to occupy myself. I Am buying GOW2 and Hl:E2, but I'm thinking about maybe buying a third game.

Now my choices are either the newest Prince of Persia game, as I loved the trilogy. Or maybe mass effect. But if i went for mass effect, would the first be best to buy before getting the sequel or would the story be easy to get into?

Mass effect, buy both. Shedloads of gameplay and I got ME1 and the ME2 collectors edition (GAME(The shop :P )) And then on top of that get Dragon age aswell. You'll be set for uni in terms of singleplayer gameplay.. at least that was my plan. After my girlfriend got obsessed with DA I dont think im going to see it again :(

I dont remember the exact prices but I managed to pick up ME1, ME2-CE and DA for £45 all together. Of course this is assuming you live in the UK :P

starscapeyp6.jpg

Deviant Art Account

2 Signatures | 6 Photographs | 1 Other

Already completed DA. I brought the original mass effect with the bonus disk for £9.99. Couldn't see what extra in terms of game-play the limited edition had for an extra £14 so was never going to get it.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Already completed DA. I brought the original mass effect with the bonus disk for £9.99. Couldn't see what extra in terms of game-play the limited edition had for an extra £14 so was never going to get it.

Completed Awakenings? Man, I felt so satisfied yesterday when I finished it. Need a new game to occupy me 'til I decide to buy Fable III (or not) or until DA: II come out.

Suggestions?

lampost_sig_stark.png

• 4 weeks later...

Looking for a new PS3 game. :)

Rules:

-Can't be M (parents -.-)

-Can be $60 dollars, but preferably less.

Do your maths instead@@@

Have you tried Uncharted 2? I don't have a PS3 but when I played it, is was [bleep]ing amazing.

Figured out mah maths, teacher actually did a good job explaining it today and now I understand it.

And I already have UC2.

Batman: Arkham Asylum, pretty sure thats not rated M.

I'm looking for some suggestions for games to purchase that are great fun on Live. I'm mostly interested in shooting games, but am open to most genres. I have the Halo series, but Reach's multiplayer matchmaking annoys me to an extent, so I'm looking into Battlefield. Any other advice?

EDIT: Still awaiting a reply since the thread was closed. Thanks for the suggestion TheValeyard, I appreciate it more than links. I'll still get BFBC2 though, as Reach doesn't annoy me because of any disadvantage, but rather everyone playing rally or a zombie game on solo matchmaking. I'm aware I won't have the gun upgrades on BFBC2, but gotta start somewhere. :thumbup:

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

• 3 weeks later...

I'm looking for some Pc games I can play without a mouse. I only have my laptop but I left my mouse at home. I don't like using the touchpad for gaming.

Preferably something with rpg/strategy elements and something that isn't too new so I can pick it up for cheap. I'm thinking maybe sid meiers pirates! but if there are any other good games I'd love to hear suggestions.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

I'm looking for some Pc games I can play without a mouse. I only have my laptop but I left my mouse at home. I don't like using the touchpad for gaming.

Preferably something with rpg/strategy elements and something that isn't too new so I can pick it up for cheap. I'm thinking maybe sid meiers pirates! but if there are any other good games I'd love to hear suggestions.

Plants vs Zombies

Braid

Any sort of tycoon-style game

Audiosurf

World of Goo

Check out cheap indie-style games on steam too, most of them dont have too much need for a mouse.

starscapeyp6.jpg

Deviant Art Account

I'm looking to get a few games that are single player oriented, for the Xbox 360, although the Wii is fine too. The last game I got was Fallout 3, which I enjoyed thoroughly for its massive amount of content. I ordered TES: Oblivion today, because I read that it is essentially the medieval-fantasy counterpart to Fallout 3, with over 200 hours of gameplay. I'm interested in games like this, that I can play by myself for dozens of hours without needing Xbox Live.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm looking to get a few games that are single player oriented, for the Xbox 360, although the Wii is fine too. The last game I got was Fallout 3, which I enjoyed thoroughly for its massive amount of content. I ordered TES: Oblivion today, because I read that it is essentially the medieval-fantasy counterpart to Fallout 3, with over 200 hours of gameplay. I'm interested in games like this, that I can play by myself for dozens of hours without needing Xbox Live.

Grand Theft Auto 4, Red Dead Redemption, Bioshock, Dragon Age, and Mass Effect. Tons of single player gameplay.

Fable 2 and Assassin's Creed are also up there, but they are not as fun.

I'm looking for some suggestions for games to purchase that are great fun on Live. I'm mostly interested in shooting games, but am open to most genres. I have the Halo series, but Reach's multiplayer matchmaking annoys me to an extent, so I'm looking into Battlefield. Any other advice?

Team Fort 2 from The Orange Box is great to goof around on and kill some noobs. Don't bother with Gears of War unless you're a pro. CoD 4 isn't that bad, but I would stay away from 3 and MW2 because they suck. Never played Battlefield. PS: If you've only played Reach and not Halo 3, I highly recommend getting it - much much better maps and a pretty different online experience overall.

MW2 actually isn't nearly as bad as people make it out to be. Just don't pay too much for it, because it's surely not worth full price.

Edit: Not that I recommend it, there are better games to spend your money on right now.

Anyways, anyone know where I can get Rollercoaster Tycoon 1 for free? I already have 2, but I have an easier time with 1.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

MW2 actually isn't nearly as bad as people make it out to be. Just don't pay too much for it, because it's surely not worth full price.

Edit: Not that I recommend it, there are better games to spend your money on right now.

Anyways, anyone know where I can get Rollercoaster Tycoon 1 for free? I already have 2, but I have an easier time with 1.

Well telling you where to get THE game would be a very bad thing to do. I wouldn't want to promote PIRATEs now would I? Especially when the law are trying to keep them at BAY.

starscapeyp6.jpg

Deviant Art Account

Does anybody know any games that will run well on quite an old machine with lowish specs?

It's only a 1.7gHZ...

I don't care about the age of it, I just finished playing Half Life 1 for third time, so my expectations on graphic quality is low...

I'd prefer if it was a FPS bur an RPG would be fine.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Is getting Half-Life 1 worth $10 to get? I've played the second in entirety on the Orange Box, and I want to play the first but I'm not sure if it's worth it on my new computer (bit of a waste, ya'know?).

If I can get it from a friend, does it have an activation code...?

Yeah Hl1 has an activation code but it isn't like modern DRM, it can be used multiple times.

I would say it is worth $10, it is a great game you need to play at least once.

Ouchy, tried the Thief games? They would work on an old machine like that.

zqXeV.jpg

Does anybody know any games that will run well on quite an old machine with lowish specs?

It's only a 1.7gHZ...

I don't care about the age of it, I just finished playing Half Life 1 for third time, so my expectations on graphic quality is low...

I'd prefer if it was a FPS bur an RPG would be fine.

American McGee's Alice.

Neither RPG or FPS, but still a wonderful experience and quick to get through. Plus, they're planning to release a sequel for it soon so now's the time to snag it.

hzvjpwS.gif

Well telling you where to get THE game would be a very bad thing to do. I wouldn't want to promote PIRATEs now would I? Especially when the law are trying to keep them at BAY.

:thumbup:

Are there any half-decent RTS games these days? I've tried Disciples 3 (not as good as 2), DoW2 (it's quite good, but I missed the Steam sale :(:(:() and Starcraft 2, which I own.

So in my other thread i told u guys i wanted to buy a nintendo ds and some pokemon games.

I bought a nice nintendo ds lite pretty cheap but no game

But im down to like $28 dollers

And i cant for the life of me decided which pokemon game i should buy

Fire red

leaf green

soul silver

heart gold.

Pokemon diamond

pokemon pearl

Anything previously that is playable nintendo ds lite.

Kingmickez25.png

Depends how cheaply you could get them. You could probably afford one of the third gen games (Ruby/sapphire/emerald/firered/leafgreen) and an older 4th gen game (Diamond or pearl) if you buy them used. You could probably only afford one of the newer ones used, heartgold and soulsilver are upwards of $30 new, I think.

Just see how much the games cost.